Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Is This the Final Trick? (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Is This the Final Trick? (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:46 am

Welcome, this is an RP based in the Air Gear universe, don't worry if you haven't seen the show or read the manga, I'll be covering quite a bit. Before I go into the story, I'll provide info about Air Gear, if you know alot about it, just skip down. Also, I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to Air Gear, if you see mistakes, feel free to PM me.

I'm looking for a Co-GM who knows quite a bit about the world, who can help me plan out the story, build up the kings, prepare the story events, etc.

First, a quicktionary...

StormRider: The term used to define those who ride A.T.'s, they may all have different reasons for starting to ride A.T., but in the end, most end up towards the same goal, to become the "Sky King."

Air Treks "A.T.": Unsatisfied with traditional roller skates, "Trick Skates" were made, from there, a self propelled skate, with miniature motors in the wheels. Giving people the ultimate goal of going faster, higher, and farther, and some, made it a goal to fly.

Road: Seven major roads are currently in existence, "road" itself is a term used by the riders signifying a goal of some sort. For instance, those following the Flame road tend to be the fastest of all riders. Custom roads have also been made, and while not main roads, can be just as powerful to follow.

King: Seven kings of seven roads, "King" is a term used to say those who have attained an extremely high point in their specific road. One is not considered a king unless unless he or she owns a "Regalia." Although those that follow someone close to kingship might simply refer to them as the king. King, is the proper term at all times, even females who have earned the title are referred to as Kings.

Regalia: Regalia are special Air Trek parts specifically engineered to use the air to work in conjunction with the King's Road; this is referred to as an "Infinite Atmosphere". Regalia are a double-edged sword: Deploying one gives a huge power boost, but puts a huge strain on the user; a King can only use a regalia a limited number of times before both their bodies and the Regalia give out. A regalia can be given, a regalia can be fought over, but a true regalia comes customized from a member of "Tool Toul To," known as a tuner. Even if you make your own road, and are therefor the only one following said road, does not make you the king, and therefor, not everyone has a regalia.

Team: Obviously, a group of StormRiders going towards a similar goal, while most have some type of uniform, some are more modest and let their team wear what they want, but most at least have their emblem, or a jacket. Some all ride the same road, others are very varied, and follow many roads. Some teams have several hundred members, while others are only five strong, five is the minimum when making a team.

Most people who ride A.T. can tell you about the feeling they get while riding, but to sum it up in one word... freedom. Especially those close to kingship who have seen their road, and those who watch with awe wish to join them in the sky. What started as a simple fad, has become a lifestyle, those who ride A.T. fly, and fly far.

Now, on to the story...

Across the world, anyone who used, and even some who just started using A.T. are beginning to be targeted by the ATP. The ATP are special police that ride A.T. and were founded to stop anyone who uses them wrongly. While this seemed like a good idea, they started cracking down harder, not bothering to see if it was misuse, or normal usage. Those who get sent to jail, are often not given a trial, and simply thrown in. Storm Riders matches are being much more carefully planned, and have come to near stand-still. The tournament to decide the title of wind-king is about a year away, and it wont be possible for it to be held under the current circumstances.

Teams are starting to rebel, some recklessly sabotaging the ATP, others taking a more precise approach and putting less corrupt figures in the ranks. This sign of retaliation is only the first step, where it takes us, we'll see.

For those who didn't really get it, I'll sum it up simply. StormRiders are people who ride A.T. which are basically roller skates, but with miniature engines in the wheel that can make them go fast. There are seven main roads, and many personal roads, and a king for each road. While every main road has a king, not every custom road does, just as well, every main road has a regalia, but only certain kings from certain side roads have regalia. Lately, the ATP have been over-reacting to A.T. teams, and some are taking action against it.

I may have left some things out, so if you have any questions PM me, if not, onto the roads. (Note, I may make references to other roads before they are mentioned.) It's a large read, so if you can't read through them all, PM me with the type of rider you think you'd want to be. And your probably thinking "Wow, this guy has no life to type all this up." Well, the only thing I take full credit on is the quicktionary, the following roads are slightly modified from the Air Gear guild on Gaia. I take very little credit for the following...

Wing: The Wing Road uses interfaces to ride on the surfaces of different air densities, allowing the rider to increase their maneuverability and attain lift when their bodies are in a moving mass of air. Aerial tricks often involve changing the center of gravity to attain more distance. They can apply their own momentum to an air current, such as a Fang, to increase the current's velocity. Riders have a natural ability to see and predict the wind and differential pressure via scattering light. It is said to be the "purest" and closest Road to the sky. As their abilities grow, the Rider gains the ability to interact with and control the wind, more and more efficiently. Riders under this road have been told to have the ability to double jump, using momentum and air pressure, and that still isn't a very advanced move.

Flame: The Flame Road has riders move at extremely high speeds, often disappearing from view. The high friction of the movement on a surface causes enough heat to create the illusion of a flaming trail. The generation of heat via friction can also bend light and create updrafts of warm air. Some riders on this road have been told to be able to use the heat from their A.T. while in the sky to make them seem to dissapear, again, for a Flame road user, not entirely advanced.

Rising: The Rising Road uses the earths magnetic field to cause hallucinations, the use of magnetism and static charge can alters human brainwaves. It converts kinetic energy from the Rider's run into an electromagnetic field. The rising road is not an easy one to follow, as it involves advanced techniques, but some have claimed it to be easier if one uses sharp wires to conduct static. A slightly more advanced move takes advantage of the static that charges up in the A.T.'s to produce a magnetic wave, that, while weak, can easily disorient most people.

Sonia: The Sonia Road, a Road of mainly defensive experts, is described as the opposite of the Bloody Road, as in that it shreds the user's body instead of the enemy's. Riders maneuver with their hips rather than their knees and can only be used by females, because their hips are wider than males, allowing for more range and speed, providing greater strength, and maneuverability by moving the rotational axis closer to the centre of gravity, but at the price of severe physical pain. By twisting their hips, and the energy is carried to their A.T., it is possible to use the wind to create gusts that can throw people off balance.

Bloody: The Bloody Road releases a pressurized "Fang" through the instantaneous acceleration and braking of the A-T's wheel motors, vacuuming and compressing air into a piercing shock wave. However, the inertial energy from the abrupt acceleration and deceleration exerts tremendous pressure on the thigh muscles, and overuse can seriously cripple the userā€™s legs if they arenā€™t careful. It is said to use the energy from the constant braking to compress the air under their A.T. allowing for extra jump time, without the fang regalia, doing this indefinitely is impossible as it would quickly burn out the A.T. breaks and motors.

Over: The Over Road uses the principles of the Ram Jet theory and Windmill theory. It compresses wind to form walls of air. Its strength grows with the strength of the wind it faces, as a strong wind can be compressed even further and creates greater acceleration potential. Certain riders have been known to use the speed gained on the A.T. to fire gusts of wind. One man was said to have used it against an opposing force of wind to cause a small tornado.

Ring: The Ring Road, the only non-offensive Road, is a supportive road that consists of Link Tuners, mechanics who fix and tune other riders to their ATā€™s, also commonly shortened to just Tuners. Not all Ring Road users can actually ride ATā€™s. Ring Road focuses on sound - every rider and AT has a rhythm. The Tuners match the rhythm of the AT to it's rider's, increasing performance. A person with the potential for Ring Road will know the exact time without reference. Tuners tend to carry an arsenal of tools and parts for fixing and tuning ATā€™s or other machinery. Some modify their bodies in order to fit more tools, or increase productivity. Tuners also can carry a small machine that resembles a stenographer's typewriters. This machine allows them to monitor and retune ATā€™s on the fly. Riders of the Ring road sometimes have their own shop. Some join teams so they can have protection from them, while most of them prefer to stay neutral. Riders tune up Air Treks and Regalias and some are better than others.

And finally, without further ado, the character sheets.

Code: Select all
[center]Name:
Appearance: (A picture or a detailed description.)
Weight:
Team: (No kings yet, you have to earn that, but pick a team, I'll allow two player owned teams, other than that you'll have to take up a lesser position, not necessarily less powerful.)
Road: (If applicable, some riders choose not to specify a road If you have no road, or have a custom road, just put it down.)
Weapon: (Again, if applicable, most A.T. users simply use their A.T. and body. Whether you have a weapon or not, include a description of your A.T. here, no regalia yet.)
Biography: (A 1-5 paragraph explanation of your characters life up till this point.)
Personality: (Not required, you can show your personality IC if you want, if you don't post it here, just delete that part of your profile.)
Other: (Anything that didn't quite fit.)[/center]
"Sad, terribly sad" said the reader to the writer, "one of the characters in my book died." The writer smiled "I know the feeling, so did mine."

The lifespan of Kirant: Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Is This the Final Trick? (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TexasMechanism on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:35 am

Sup dude, I watched bit of Air Gear but couldn't keep track of it. Sooo, I would gladly watch and read up on it as research in order to be a Co-GM for ya'. From the quicktionary I read above, it sounds pretty cool!
"I Like You As Well. . .But I'm A Ladies Man Sooo I'll Leave My Heart ByThe Bedside"

-SirValentine(ME)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TexasMechanism
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Shadow on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:39 am

I would like to join this RP, i didn't read much of Airgear but what i did read made it seem awesome as, i will post my CS ASAP.

The Shadow
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:50 am

Cool, glad to have two people along, since neither of you know much about Airgear, even though I'm still not the most savvy at it, I get along well with the science, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

The manga can be found here for free if you wanted to start reading up on it... http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TexasMechanism on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:07 am

Thanks, I'll do my research and get with you tommorow so we can discuss some things.

TexasMechanism
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fumeii on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:13 am

Oh my goodness, you GOTTA <3 Air Gear. I'm not exactly in tune with the manga anymore due to some reasons, got up to about chapter 100 or so, but Air Gear is definitely on one of my 'favorite manga lists'.

Could I sign up for this? I'd be getting my profile up no time soon, however. Probably in a couple days or so x__x

fumeii
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:27 am

Yeah, I'll welcome anyone with a good character and good writing skills.

Suppose that means it wasn't for lack of interest then, glad you people are wanting to RP Airgear.

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Shadow on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:52 am

Is it alright to reserve one of the player-owned teams? I would just need abit of help with deciding a name and symbol.

The Shadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fumeii on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:11 pm

Ohh, I've got a character outline in my head right now. She'll probably be up once I smooth out the details, and would it be possible for me to double up as a male as well?

I've also got a suggestion for a team. I might not use it, however, and it's not exactly the best idea ever xD

I'll spill a little right now: They're not exactly the best (hoping to be) but it's a rather large team of rookies [Is that okay?]. Beginners, some a little better than others. It's just like one large team divided into four mini teams, each known and graded by their own accomplishments/losses. The team will be based on card suits, from lowest ranks to the highest, Diamonds, Clubs, Hearts, then Spades. In Spades, however, you're ranked once again, from Joker, Jack, Queen, King, to the almighty, amazing Ace. The team hangs out around in a pretty large, freakishly old, and worn-out manor/mansion and each suit gets their own little portion of the place.

fumeii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:18 pm

Sure, that sounds fine to me, I assume then that you'll be on said team?

That makes one player owned team called, and the other, ready.

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TexasMechanism on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:45 pm

Been reading all day Saranm and I'm completely in love with Agito/Akito already!

TexasMechanism
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:33 pm

Glad your enjoying it, but just wait till it gets up to the part with Behemoth and Trident, best arcs ever...

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fumeii on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:48 pm

Haha, Agito/Akito's my favorite character too! You have to adore that alter-ego >w< It's a must.

Oh, damn, I was about to release a spoiler. Good thing i caught myself, haha.

fumeii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TexasMechanism on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:59 pm

I know! So freakishly awesome :D and now there's another! Lind :D

TexasMechanism
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Shadow on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:39 am

Ok, i have a choice of two names that i can think of, the first i like abit more than the second, the first is 'Night Angels' with or without a 'the' at the beginning or 'Shadow Riders' once again with or with a 'the'. And just checking, a 'road' to becoming a king is just a type of fighting style right?

The Shadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:54 am

Well, yeah, you could say that about the roads, that's kinda wattered down... but thats the gist.

And the team name is entirely up to you, although I agree, I like "Night Angels" a bit more as well... But it's still no Bananarama :)

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fumeii on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:10 pm

Ahaha, Bananarama <3 Anyway, say, saranm, you wouldn't mind getting your character sheet up, now would you? I want some sort of standard to meet so mine won't turn out too ugly :]

fumeii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TexasMechanism on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:53 pm

I was gonna' say the same Fumeii [LOL]

TexasMechanism
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:20 pm

Yeah, thats fine, I just usually wait for everyone else, as my chars are more "Spur of the moment" so I tend to wait as to not take anyones idea's ahead of time.

Name: Jack "The Jack" Peste

Appearance: Standing at about six foot eight inches, with short, light brown hair and dark green eyes that always seem to be smiling, even when Jack isn't. His facial features are fairly average, with no noticeable acne, except occasionally in the crevices next to his nose during stressful weeks. He often wears dark green cargo pants, and a button up long-sleeve shirt with the "Flower of Life" on the back (http://thewitcontinuum.files.wordpress. ... f-life.jpg). Rarely is he seen wearing shoes, or socks, most people have only seen him in bare feet, or in A.T. but to him, it's just a feeling of freedom.

Height: 6' 8"

Weight: 135lbs

Team: Spades

Road: Over

Weapon: (Just A.T. for me...) Bright red A.T. with blue stripes on the sides, small holes are pierced in the front, and the back of them, and they seem slightly bulkier than average A.T. as they are a pair he built himself.

Biography: Jack grew up with his older brother, Marcus, and they had a father who was out of state quite a bit, and didn't have much time to spend with his children.Marcus was two years older than him, and they had an aunt that checked in on them every other day to make sure they were okay. Jacks brother got into fights a lot, as he was a very tall man that got picked on all the time for it. Jack saw it fit to get involved, and often ended up getting his ass kicked whenever he got in the way.

When Mark was finally out of high school, Jack was left alone, and often felt confined and caged by his aunt, who now seemed to loom over his shoulder. So, not wanting to go home, and bored, Jack wandered the streets, and ended up getting caught in the middle of an A.T. battle. Amazed by the spectacle that was A.T. he scavenged and stole parts and tinkered with them till he could make a basic pair. Eventually, he got caught trying to steal an instruction manual and some wheels.

The shop keeper simply smiled at him, took the wheels, gave him the manual, and gave him a job application. Confused, Jack went home, and came back the next day, asking for a job, he was given one as a counter-clerk, and occasionally he fixed Air Treks. While he still can only do the basics, he still tinkers and works on A.T. whenever he gets a chance. Since then, he joined the Spades and quickly rose to the rank of Jack, leading to many puns and jokes about his name.

Personality: (Like I said, not required, I prefer to show this IC.)

Now hurry up and make yours so I can fix up the IC page!

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Shadow on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:53 am

I hope that this character sheet is alright so far. Also I will be accepting a "Vengeance' and a 'Mercy'

Name: Akira Shun

Appearance: Akira stands at about five foot nine inches, he has black hair as dark as the shadows except for a streak of white which runs down the middle, he has dark blue eyes and has no distinguishing features that would tell him apart in a crow besides his hair. He wears goggles at night but wears sunglasses during the day and only puts them down over his eyes when he is going quite fast, otherwise he leaves them on his head. He wears a long jacket that reaches down to his ankles, it can be worn inside out and you wouldnā€™t tell the difference, it is black on one side and brown on the other, he wears the brown during the day so he wonā€™t be noticed as easily and wears the black at night to blend into the shadows. He wears black baggish pants and a black t-shirt; he always has his AT on but will use them like normal shoes by stopping the wheels.

Height: 5ā€™9ā€

Weight: 52 kg

Team: Night Angels

Road: Shadow Road (custom)

Weapon: (Just AT) Akira has a few different AT, he doesnā€™t seem to get too attached to anyone in particular though he does have a favourite, Akiraā€™s favourite AT are a jet black with a thin white stripe going on the sides of them, he has white wheels that have black angel looking wings on the back two. He has a small storage of parts hidden in his garage along with the other AT, he tinkers with them a little bit like everyone who has AT but hasnā€™t tried to build his own.

Biography: Akira lived a normal life, though that depends on what you would call normal. Other kids would either be picking fights with him or they would be looking up to him. After a few years he was attacked by a guy wearing AT. Akira had a tough fight that day but he managed to beat the guy on the air trek. He found out about the Air treks and got himself his own pair, when he heard about the groups he decided that he didnā€™t want to join another group and instead started his own. He eventually got a crew together and made his group official, he trained on his own using things from other roads until he created his own road.
He at first started it as a night group but eventually he started going out in the day. He taught his group to follow their own paths in life and gives respect to those who have earned it, in return his is respected by his crew members. Akira has gone and challenged a couple of other groups, both times winning, though one of them was only just a win.

Other: Nothing really

Shadow Road: This is three smaller roads in one and is only used in the ā€˜Night Angelsā€™. The first is what is usually referred to as the lighter side, this side focuses on defense and counter attacks. The second is the Mid-point, or just normal, this is an even attack and defense. The third and last is the ā€˜Darkerā€™ which is focused on attacking/killing the opponent, though killing is frowned upon in the night angels. The road itself is just learning to use your surroundings to your advantage, to use what you have and to trick your opponents. People who follow this road train their eyes to work well in the dark. But this road is not restricted to night; people may go out in the light and will have no disadvantages to others who train in the light. They have even been known to jump off of shadows, though this skill is still to be perfected. The Shadow Road has also taken things from other roads.

Night Angels: This team has the leader (Akira) and two others or high rank, it is said the night angels have three faces, ā€˜Vengeanceā€™, ā€˜Mercyā€™ and ā€˜Justiceā€™. ā€˜Justiceā€™ is the title Akira has earned and follows the mid-point of the Shadow Road, ā€˜Vengeanceā€™ is given to the most skilled person following the ā€˜Darkerā€™ side and ā€˜Mercyā€™ is given to the most skilled following the ā€˜Lighterā€™ side. The night angels usually follow a type of the shadow road but some have chosen to follow other roads, this is accepted and is not frowned upon at all.
Last edited by The Shadow on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Shadow
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!