Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Galactic Picasso

A Galactic Picasso (Scifi Nation Roleplay)

a part of “A Galactic Picasso”, a fictional universe by TatersAndTots.

The universe is a dangerous place. Pirates, monsters, stellar phenomena... it seems it everything is trying to kill you! Despite the danger, many flourish. You, if you choose to join, will become one of these great nations. What happens next is up to you.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Galactic Picasso”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] A Galactic Picasso (Scifi Nation Roleplay)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:17 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "A Galactic Picasso (Scifi Nation Roleplay)"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] A Galactic Picasso (Scifi Nation Roleplay)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bluewolf482 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Looks complicated, multilayered, and full of potential. I love the detail that must be put into the nations! I'll be joining in soon, congrats on an excellent-looking system!
samquestionablegunnerkriggpennydresdenandxkcdcontentcourtfuzzycodakarcade

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bluewolf482
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:28 am

Thanks. The characters don't have to be approved first, so make your sheet ASAP. I can delete them later right?

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:00 pm

Time for GM Review, TatersAndTots style!

Interstellar Unitary of Gulerians
-I like it! Very deep and complicated with the government. Also... space-nazis? :D

-"developed a metallic exo-skeleton from their evolution. Gulerians are carnivores and have developed a full set of sharp teeth capable of ripping flesh and breaking bones. Gulerians also have excellent eyesight and their slender shaped bodies allow them to move at great speeds."
THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE... Do not include anything about your species' natural prowess like how tough or how fast they are. The SPACE MARINES and CYBERIZE traits are there for a reason. If you do not include either or both of those traits, then they are not really strong or tough. Well... more than another race without SPACE MARINES, CYBERIZE, or Tough As A Coffin Nail, but much weaker than a race with them.

-Tough As A Coffin Nail REQUIRES BOTH SPACE MARINES and CYBERIZE. It is the combination of both, simply being the toughest, strongest guys around. While a cyborg or SPACE MARINE-tough human might walk off a broken leg and then break yours, a Tough As A Coffin Nail human will take a bullet to the chest, and still be able to run your ass down and rip your legs off. It requires three points to get, so it is a major trade off. You COULD spend those points on other areas.

-Beside those two small facts, just get your army and navy and your good!

The Maunkee Empire
-Again, I like it! Also deep and complicated.

-Imma slap you. Each race type gets at most two traits and two weaknesses. If you decide to make a new one, ill allow more, but not ten traits and ten weaknesses! Most of them are just "way better than you in _____" anyways. You want smarts, get Eureka. You want tough, get SPACE MARINES. Same as above, don't include traits in your description.
"-They have a natural mathematical, scientific and artistic mind. This allows them to move forward in technology, creativity and culture, faster than any other race
-These Bird-Humanoid creatures are unique in that they are able to survive almost any environment, and evolve to their environment faster than any other living creature.
-Their skin adapts to the colors surrounding them
-Their body changs rapidly according to their diet
-They have an extremely high pain resistance."
These are all Traits. You have to actually obtain them before you can utilize their abilities.

Also, what is a Serb?
"They are carbon based Serbs"
Do you mean Serp? Also, you mention the Shuan Tee as Bird-Humanoid. Those should be Flights, with the traits that go with that race. Are you basing your races off Tau and Kroot? Well I suggest you keep your Maunkee as Humaniod, since your own race must be Totally Alien to allow a new set of traits.

Kirata Empire
-Meow :D

-You don't need to spends points on your planets, those are just for systems and your total population. Feel free to pick your own planets. I suggest two or three per system. More if you have a better system type. My race with have a pair of High-Value systems in a binary, with a whooping eight planets between them. So it is one huge system with a pair of suns.

-NOTE- did it mention this? Only Small Nations can have Who Cares About Ubekistan?. Is your nation small? You didn't say T_T. If it is, congrats! When I whip out some of the Bad Shit I have hiding, they'll avoid you. :D.

-You did it right, you need both SPACE MARINES and CYBERIZE to get Tough As A Coffin Nail. Now your cats are Tough with a capital "T". Don't be surprised when they can still fight with limbs shot off, among other crazy things. My race will have the same three traits, but im making space cockroaches, so I kinda have to.

-Battleships are capital class vessels. They don't go fast, comparatively. If you are looking for fast, try battlecruisers? They can run from any capital ship and smash anything smaller, which makes them good all-around ships. Are ship classes on the sheet? I might have to add that in.

-Massing Hyper Tech is not always a good idea. You might have better guns, but if their nation is stronger and more stable, it won't matter. JUST a suggestion.

-No, the special trait is extra

-Tractor Beams require Field Control

The Siridar Imperium
-Yay your back! Wonderful nation as always.

-"Better than Your Defence:"
*glares* I'll let this slide... for now. That is a rather broad term, but If you rp it right I have no problem with it. If I see you going "LOLOL CANT TOUCH ME I HAVE EPIC DEFENSE" whenever someone's fleet comes knocking, I slap you. Until then... carry on.

-While you also described traits in your race description, they match the traits and weaknesses of Flights, so its fine

-Shields! Is not a Hyper Trait in this rp. DId you copy and paste from the last one? I think better shields goes with Better Than Your Defense, so you can spend that trait point somewhere else.

-You spent 18, but you can have 21 traits. You get THREE more, if i counted correctly.

The Qujoray Confederacy
-I lOVE It. Don't see anything wrong.

-I'd allow you to make this race Totally Alien if you choose. Scales mean fish, and yours are more octopus people than fish. You would have to follow the rules of Totally Alien however.

"-The Qujoray are EXTREMELY vulnerable to biotechnology."
Yay. *does a little dance*. Did I mention I was making space cockroaches? Did I ALSO mention their advanced grasp of biotechnology? Like... super viruses and stuff? *evil grin*

-Also, you have 21 points to spend, and you only spent 20. You get an extra point.

EVERYONE
Get your fleets and armies up. You don't need ground troop numbers, just each type. Ships, you need their numbers too. Once I look over that info and template some more, ill come back with some more info on the ships.

I like them ALL so please don't get discouraged if I seem angry. Not angry, just naggy. No one has really done anything wrong yet!

Now I must check other rps and edit the main info to make it pretty and accurate. Im off!
*scurries away*

EDIT:
The Siridar sheet reminded me to add Reactionless Drives to Hyper Tech. You'll see what it is once im finished.

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:52 am

Okay, thanks for the heads up. Noted and changes underway.

Well if you added up points for my systems and worlds you would've noticed they add up to 50. So Yeah i'm a small nation.

Two High Value systems was my original aim, so I'm not copying you. I've been a bit imaginative with my Systems\Worlds, hope its acceptable.

Also, I wouldn't have Cyberize, since it was not in my image of my race, I only took because Toughness is what i wanted. But yeah, they would fit well as Ursine race in that sense.

Okay, I wasn't sure what battleship covered, It will be cruisers then. If you look at a my fleet my Privateers, which are most my fleet, are cruisers. How many would I have if they were basically my only capital ships? Also I have no idea what thickness of armor makes sense for what kind of ship.

Okay, thanks for the hint. Who says my Empire has to be stable though, thats their character in a way. I will see what i can fiddle around with.
Umm big thing I've noticed, with the Omega payload for warheads its says I need the Energy Pulsar trait, but it doesn't say that anywhere else. Explain please. Does the Omega trait now require the Energy Pulsar trait in all ways? It might help loosen up more trait points for me if so.

Okay, with the special trait, is it possible to make this a weakness and gain another trait point?
And with traits, somethings I just don't understand, some of them i can't tell quite what the advantage is eg. The Mossad and Ninja space pirates etc. Could you edit most of them to make the advantages a bit more obvious.

Thanks.
Lol, I feel I should sign this or something.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:20 am

Alright, I've changed the descriptions, the advantages and disadvantages, along with some of the traits.
Continue to tell me where I could improve, and yes I'm basing this off the Tau Empire, to a certain extend.

Also, I apologize for the small text. Don't ask me how it happened, it just did and I have no idea how the bloody heck I'm going to revert this @%$!.

I added another fault for the heck of it.
I'll get to work on the military, and as you may guess, it is going to be slightly based on the Tau Empire, but I'll use my own tactics and military system for this.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:14 pm

when looking through the profile for The Qujoray Confederacy they use the term "best in the world" which strikes me as kinda funny considering there are multiple "worlds" XD

at any rate, I'm probably just using the profile I used last time, just updated to match the updated sheet, though i'm posting the unedited one first so if it looks like mine is waaaaaaaay off, its simply because i have not got done fixing it up yet.
Orly?

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marinus on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:23 pm

If I ever, ever, EVER say anything like 'LOLOL CANT TOUCH ME I HAVE EPIC DEFENSE', then please please please kill me then and there.

If anything, I'll probably overcompensate to avoid slappage. Oh well; I'll find the balance somehow.

The Shields! thing was a mistype thanks to extreme tiredness - it was supposed to be Dampening Shields - I've fixed it now. Thanks for pointing that out.

I thought I'd better leave off a few traits to compensate for Better than Your Defence - I may take one of those extras, though.

Here's to hoping I don't go overboard.

Marinus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:12 pm

any amount of overpowered sheets can be fixed with propter writing, so don't be afraid. I was also looking for an excuse to write something in all caps, so... lol? Im working on my sheet tonight and im also going to give the sheets another look over. Expect the IC right after i get my sheet up. AT LEAST this weekend, depending on my homework load T_T.

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marinus on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Homework is the bane of my life - I have five 4000-word summative assignments (ie they count towards my degree) on the go, plus revision, plus a better half with a recently-broken foot who needs a lot of looking after. Oh, and then my regular lunch dates come calling too :) Got to love being busy. Good luck with your work!

Marinus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:35 pm

*Checks profile* AH! You're right! This is the result of looking at things from a human perspective... I'll change that "world" issue...

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kansiov on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:13 pm

I edited my sheet accordingly, as of my species description, it's purely for roleplaying purposes only.

Oh and also, how does the planet point thingy work? I have absolutely no idea.

Kansiov
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:16 pm

You pick a size: small, medium, large\

Small gets 50
Medium gets 100
Large gets 200

You spend these on the systems you have. Each system has a certain cost, and has a certain amount of habitable plants and resources in them. Obviously, the more expensive the system, the more resources and planets.

"A Barren System is resource poor in the extreme. But also less likely to be fought over by others.
Average System:
An Average system is just that, average, most systems are like this.
Rich System:
A Rich system is packed with valuable asteroids and gas giants.
High-Value System:
A High-Value System is the best that can be found. A nation may only have a maximum of 2."

Barren costs 5
Average costs 10
Rich costs 15
High-Value costs 25

So you could have 10 barren systems as a small nation, or a pair of High-Value ones
As a large... you have alot, around 10 if you mix the types up

Barren systems have only one habitable planet, sometimes two, and a lack of asteroids, gas giants, etc. Its pretty barren. Duh.
Average have between 1-3 and some asteroid belts with easy access to metals, among other things. Meh.
Rich systems have between 2-4 habitable planets, with extensive asteroid belts and gas giants, maybe even a unique anomaly, like a super-large gas giant with unique compounds in its atmosphere. Great to own, but you need to defend it well.
High-Value systems have 3-7 plants. It seems like a lot, but a High-Value system can have up to 20 planets, which means that only a fraction of planets can hold life. Are completely covered in mineable ores and gases. WILL have a special anomaly with commercial value. Gems, gases, etc. A true gem that everyone wants. Will be fought over a lot unless you barricade the thing.

How's that sound?

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:25 am

would you mind explaining "Industrial Points" ?

I'm not too sure what it is or how I invest in it.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:02 am

THAT is something i keep forgetting to erase. Just ignore it. An early version of this had numbers and prices of units... it sucked and made my brain hurt.

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marinus on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:04 am

I asked the same thing a while ago, Saxious - the Industrial Points are a relic, a holdover from the older RP with no function in this one. Just ignore the Industrial Points thing.

Marinus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:40 pm

Bioshock 2 has been owning my life recently, but I should have my sheet done by Saturday (I've only got like a good hour or so of Bioshock 2 left anyways).

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:17 pm

cheers mates.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:11 pm

well, done with Bioshock 2 (what a ride it was :p), and I don't have to work tomorrow so I'll work on my sheet tomorrow.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:42 pm

my sheet will be done sometime tomorrow as well, most will be finished tonight.

EDIT:

Traits are done, as are planets. All i need is my military (which will take forever T__T), and my important people. If there is anything you think is stupid or overpowered, please tell me :)

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!