Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Talismans Awaken

The Talismans Awaken

a part of “The Talismans Awaken”, a fictional universe by Xeynar.

Every 2500 years, 12 seemingly ordinary Talismans become endowed with 12 unique magical powers. At the same time, the demon Laoshin, is able to escape his otherworldly prison. It's the year 2018, and that time has come.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Talismans Awaken”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Talismans Awaken

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:40 pm

"The Talismans Awaken"

2500 years ago (482 B.C.), a rare alignment in the stars released a demon from the Otherworldly Plane. The demon, named Laoshin, wreaked havoc on the ancient world with seemingly no way of stopping him. However, 12 mysterious warriors appeared, each having their own mystical Talisman with magic powers. They would come to be known as "The Immortals" or "The 12". They battled Laoshin, but were unable to destroy him. The Immortals were forced to combine their powers to throw Laoshin back into his world, just as the rare alignment ended. The Immortals then separated, hiding their respective Talismans in the furthest corners of the world. What they did not know, is that the alignment of stars that freed Laoshin was a cosmic event that happens every 2500 years.

The year is now 2018. 2500 years have passed, and the time of Laoshin's release is fast approaching. Around the world, the 12 magic Talismans begin awakening one by one, and along with them, new Immortals are awakened in the form of ordinary individuals (each born in a separate Chinese year) becoming endowed with magical powers (the power the Talisman that corresponds with their birth year). Only one of the original 12 Immortals remains. Can he find the 11 new Immortals and assemble them in time to defend the world, yet again, from Laoshin?

They're 12 Talismans. Each with a unique ability. They go as follows:

1. Boar - Heat beams from the eyes. -Open
2. Rat - Giving life to that which has no life (namely statues and toys) -Taken
3. Ox - Superhuman strength -Open
4. Tiger - Separating good from evil in the form of polar opposite twins. -Open
5. Hare - Superhuman speed -Open
6. Dragon - Power of making fire from one's hands or mouth. -Taken
7. Serpent - Invisibility -Taken
8. Horse - The healing of any ailment. -Open
9. Ram - Astral projection -Open
10. Monkey - Shape shifting between animals. -Open
11. Rooster - Levitation -Open
12. Dog - Immortality -Taken

The idea is that our characters were each born in a different Chinese year and naturally possess the ability to wield the power of the corresponding Talisman (even if we aren't holding the Talisman). Not only that, the powers of the corresponding Talisman become stronger when used by the right person (ie More powerful flames when the Dragon Year character uses the Dragon Talisman). However, for each animal, their is an opposing animal. While the powers of matching Talismans are stronger, the opposing Talisman is weaker (A person born in the year of the Dragon cannot use the Dog Talisman and because they oppose each other and vice versa). Those oppositions are as follows:

1. Boar =/= Serpent
2. Rat =/= Horse
3. Ox =/= Ram
4. Tiger =/= Monkey
5. Hare =/= Rooster
6. Dragon =/= Dog

Every character (even if not one of the Immortals) can still use the basic powers of the Talismans like in the show. The Immortals can use their corresponding power WITHOUT the Talisman, or have their power amplified WITH said Talisman. They can still use other Talisman powers (except the opposing Talisman), but only WITH said Talismans in hand. Make sense?

RULES

1. Be realistic. Yes we have magic, but this is a modern setting, so please Role Play accordingly.
2. Use accurate math when determining you're character's birth year. Just subtract their age from the current year (2018) to get their birth year, then simply look up which Chinese year that was. Alternatively, just tell me what numerical year they were born in and I will tell you which Chinese year that was. For instance, a person born in 1988 cannot be the Boar, because 1988 was the year of the Dragon.
3. Unless your character is really old, they cannot have mastered more than 1 or 2 (3 tops) martial art/fighting style.
4. Do not abuse the Dog Talisman. There's a good reason I took the Dog Immortal position first. Because I don't trust anyone with natural Immortality.
5. This kind of IS my game. So just comply if I ask you to change something with your character.
6. No reservations. I’m sorry, but people have a bad habit of making reservations and never following through with them in my Role Plays. From now on its first come, first served.
7. Over all, have fun!
Last edited by Xeynar on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] The Talismans Awaken

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Victim on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:47 pm

Excuse this post. >.<

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Victim
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:02 pm

Wow. Either you have a problem with JCA (Jackie Chan Adventures) or Immortality. I didn't create the powers, and since I don't really trust anyone with a power as abusable as Immortality I went ahead and took it myself. Is there a problem with that?

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zen_ink on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:41 am

Can I reserve a spot for the tiger? ANd i will have the cs up shortly :]
~Imagination is just intelligence having fun.~

Enter the world of THE ZODI ACADEMY... (Now Rebooted!)

zen_ink
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:19 pm

I should probably edit it into the first post, but make sure you add your character's age/Chinese birth year somewhere in the "Details" section of the application.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsoibe on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:02 pm

I'm interrested, is there anything you want to see in the character sheet?
Reserving the monkey, btw.

Also: I like the Jackie Chan Adventures theme! I hope the talismans don't get mixed up, like they did in the one episode.

Tsoibe
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digi-kun on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:48 am

Ah, I loved that show. If it's alright, I'll take the rat!

digi-kun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Nothing specific in the character sheets. Just make sure you include what Chinese Year you were born in so I will know which Talisman-power to scratch off.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoGEEKYCHICAxo on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:28 pm

Can I reserve a spot for the serpent? I'm working on the Character Sheet and I'll have it done soon. Thanks :)
God gave me two arms to hold him, two legs to walk towards him, two eyes to watch him, and two ears to listen to him. But why did he give me only one heart?

Because he gave my other heart to him so I could find him and he could give his heart to me.

xoGEEKYCHICAxo
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Yeah, I saw your character and didn't like it. A 17 year old expert in Karate and Kung Fu that always carries weapons and has the personality of a hardened assassin? Who are you trying fool? This isn't some anime where everyone is in High School. If you want in this rolepay, I expect to see some years added to your character, especially with how skilled you make her sound.

Now, I don't care if you want to be a teenager. Be my guest. But be REALISTIC about it. A 17 year old is still going to be in High School and will hardly have mastered any martial arts (especially since they would be more focused on School-related things).

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OptimusPrime on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:11 pm

I would like to reserve the spot of the dragon.

OptimusPrime
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:12 pm

I appreciate everyone's interest, but I have one complaint. I have like four people reserving spots but not a single Character Sheet yet.

I hate to sound mean, but after 24 hours, all spots that have been reserved become open again. I'm sorry, but I'll not have unanswered reservations slow the RP down.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:55 pm

Double post for the lose. Oh well.

xoGEEKYCHICAxo, I have no real problem with your character. My only issue is that she just seems too young. For one thing, it's illegal to get a job until you're at least 16 years old. That alone makes her bio impossible. All I ask is that you add maybe 12 years to her. She'd be 29 years old, but she'd still be the Serpent. She reminds me a little of Viper.

dig-kun's character, Jin, is 22. Even Chang (immortality aside) has the physical characteristics of a man who is around 30 years old.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoGEEKYCHICAxo on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:37 pm

Okay, I'll change it soon.

xoGEEKYCHICAxo
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Ok, I accepted the new character. I'll be the starting the actual posting in IC later this evening, so we have that to look forward to.

On a sidenote, I have erased all the Reserved spots that have not been filled and once again they are on the market. I'm sorry if that pisses anyone off, but I've had too many Role Plays where people constantly asked to reserve spots and then I never hear from them again. It's not happening this time. From now on, it's first come, first served. I even added it as a rule.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:32 pm

Yay, more double posting!!!11!!!1

Getting to the point, IC posting has started, in case you didn't know, so, have at it.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!