Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

It's Good to Be Bad

It's Good to Be Bad

a part of “It's Good to Be Bad”, a fictional universe by Fabricati.Diem.

In a world of superheroes and super-villains, epic battles are fought every day without end or score--until what seemed like an outside force for good came, turning all of Earth upside-down and leaving only the Villains to protect it.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “It's Good to Be Bad”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] It's Good to Be Bad

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:44 am

"It's Good to Be Bad"

Welcome, all! Feel free to ask questions, talk about the game, share ideas, or chat about this and that. I'll do my best to respond quickly~
Only those with their feet on rock can build castles in the air.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] It's Good to Be Bad

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:00 pm

I really really really really like this premise, but I'm hesitant to join up unless its going to be leaning heavily towards mature/advanced/literate roleplayers.

I can't tell you how many times I've been excited for a super hero RP only for it to be filled by giant Neko's with the power of infinity.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ElRey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:06 pm

ElRey wrote:I can't tell you how many times I've been excited for a super hero RP only for it to be filled by giant Neko's with the power of infinity.

I refuse to allow that to happen, especially now that I'm about to throw my (very nice) hat into the ring with this RP.
From the depths, I return!

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Haha, yeah. Basically.

Tis a fine hat.

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:13 pm

It's very cunning.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Excellent! There's a reason I put literate and advanced into the tags; if I could have fit "Literate only" in the description, I would have done so. I refuse to have ten badass gifted teenage orphan half-demon half-angel cyborg demigod characters that brood because their souls are black but are secretly nice people. Etc, etc. (Though considering this Is a villain campaign, I had half a mind to let them all in, them let the few Real characters systematically weed out the insufferable Mary-Sue types as the first mission. Too against site rules, unfortunately ;P)

But, that said, I'd welcome you both! :D

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Ooh, a villain RP. I'd like to join this for sure. I'll get a character sheet up tomorrow. I'm definitely not free enough to write one today.
fisssh

Zetta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:51 pm

Character submitted!
I sort of made some stuff up in regards to Machina, so if that doesn't work I can just change it/make up a different super de-dooper villain.

Its so refreshing to hear that point of view. I wish the site would allow us to do such things, as it'd make it infinitely more interesting.

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ameryln on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:13 pm

How many characters can you have?
I am currently missing. If I should find myself before I come back, please notify me so the chances of me successfully locating myself will be higher.

Ameryln
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:13 pm

I'll put a limit on two for now until I see how many other characters I have, Ameryln :)

@Elrey: Loved the character. No worries as to whether that fits Doc Mach; I had the most basic of outlined ideas for him, so you actually helped me flesh him out more. For future reference, because anybody not living in closet would probably know the basics about him, Dr. Deus X. Machina is without a doubt the most global villain in the world. Due to the fact that he not only has a decisive knack for networking by finding the right goons, partners and projects (think Lex Luthor) to keep him rich, safe and prepared for just about everything, but his power, a supernatural affinity to technology, allows him to communicate with machines--and in a limited way, even the internet, though too much exposure overwhelms him--which in this modern age can also make him near impossible to track, confine, or keep in the dark. Though he appears completely human, this is generally a remotely-controlled illusion--a very realistic android. The few people who have seen his real form know he's more metal than flesh by now. True to his name, he considers himself a god. Though he has a sort of fatherly demeanor--with little community pet projects and a history for philanthropy (the lower class considers him either a hero or antihero, generally)--with so much power, one can hardly avoid to dirty their hands in the process of gathering and maintaining it. Most aren't directly aware of his darker work, but there Are these stories, going around...

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:16 pm

So Doctor Machina could alternatively be callled "Evil Cyborg Andrew Carnegie"?

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:24 pm

I have so many different ideas for characters in this universe, hahaha. I could keep submitting characters for days.

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:00 pm

@Cypher- More or less.. Though I don't think Carnegie was quite so expansive. Machina's connections and 'matters of business' span the globe; of course, it helps that he can wirelessly download himself into androids placed all over the world to keep tabs on things...

@ElRey- I know! I've had to stop myself from taking advantage of GM status, to make thousands of NPC villains and characters myself ;)

Hoping to see some more submissions soon... I should probably put Dr. Machina and a few more characters out in the meantime.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gururumon916 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:13 pm

You're not against criminally insane characters are you.

Yeah. That is a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you ~ Deadpool

gururumon916
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Hey Fabricati, while I'm still undecided on making a full out second character (don't wanna bite off more than I can chew) I would be more than happy to help you make a few of the side characters just so you don't have to do everything. Obviously once the RP starts they'd be NPC's but yeah if you're interested, the offer is there.

For that matter if you have a few loose character skeletons for your story arc but want me to help you flesh them out more I could do that too.

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:43 pm

Well, I just submitted a character. I don't know if he-they-are too powerful or not, I sort of made them up right on the spot while listening to heavy metal and guilty gear music.

Edit: Sorry had to double submit, forgot to put the name on the first one.

Statement
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:26 pm

I can't wait to start =] I hope my profile is ok =|
ImageImageImageImageImage

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:33 pm

/facepalm

Good lord.

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Mmm... Not sure whether either will fit or not. Zelta showed more promise... though we don't need Another crazy character. And while I loved the history, a "purist" or someone bigoted against anything inhuman, the whole power thing is Really too much. Able to generate endless energy, solve world hunger, grant immortality, possess people and mess with their DNA? C'mon. I'm Not going to give that kind of power to anyone, not even My characters (including the one I made to be deus ex machina--a literature term for an impossibly unrealistic, godlike plot device that conveniently falls from the sky).

I'm also not sure that Titagi fits within the setting, but then, I don't really see the character as complete regardless. Is she cold, is she go-with-the-flow, is she serious, is she childish? The backstory is a typical tragedy, which is generally common for villains, though it doesn't say anything about how it affected her, why she's a villain, or make her anything more than two dimensional. I'd need more convincing that she was more than MarySue 2.0- Badass Edition.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Damn, now I have it all put in blunt put back to me, I can't beleive how Over powered I made him, seriously. I can't. I must be waay more sleep deprived than I originally thought or getting lost in my own little world faaaaar too much. I'll go balance him out right now, I was actually aiming at him being a support character. I should of took away the elctricity thing as it was related to another idea-where he carried around an airplane jet engine instead of his mate...yea,random-

although would it stil lbe fine to keep him as a bio-structure who can take in waste and produce edibale organs if I remove everything else and replace with his human form powers with above average strength and speed-so it will make sense on how he actually uses omestraz as a weapon-

Still can't beleive I made him that OP'ed, meh. Anyway. I guess that teaches me too rock out to guilty gear while being stuck on "slow" mentally to create a character.

Edit: I don't mind tonnig down his desire to protect humanity and making it more passive rather than outright obessive, maybe overly passionate than obessive. I only really added that because he was bound to be querky in behaviour in some extent towards humans due to him being a bio-structure rather than at actual human, so he dosen't really grasp what humans call weird. He sort of like a dog, he understsnads his goal, maybe even the intentions but not the variables or the logic around said intentions of his masters.

Statement
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!