Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ginryu: School of the Fist”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Ginryu: School of the Fist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:01 pm

I wouldn't either...thankfully Hannah's there to keep him in check XD
Will we run into the Kintora characters before the tournament starts? It would be nice to meet them, drive up a little tension.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jacopo
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chinaji on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Oh yes, about the Kintora characters. We have Jay playing a separate character for the Kintoras so all he has to do is wait until we go to Hong Kong and all. For the others that we created, what was going to be the plan on that? Or even the plan on the tournament or have we not decided? I would vote for the separation of instructors/guards and students just because of the implied skill difference but that would also mean two separate racks.

Or we could just do this totally randomly. Anyone got a hat?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chinaji
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:08 pm

Well, we could split them into age brackets, which would basically be the same thing as instructors/students since I think all the students are teenagers or barely older and the youngest of the instructors/guards is 26, I think...

After that, we could consciously plan team rounds and do a bracket-style tournament thing for the individuals? The first matchups would be drawn at random, but after that, would proceed according to the bracket.

At least, that's what kinda makes sense for me. I would volunteer to make a chart if anyone wanted one. Because I like charts. (^_^)
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:04 am

As far as the time before the tournament, I was thinking our characters could run into some of the Kintaro characters in the streets, maybe almost get into a fight or something like that. As for whatever else we do in the streets of Hong Kong, I leave that to you guys...I figure we can just sort of make stuff up as we go.

As far as the tournament goes...no idea. Instructors/guards should be separated. Students, I think, would be paired up for matches based on the school leaders getting together and talking. The first few matches will just be NPCs ad such, then we'll get into the more important ones...number wise, if anyone has a good idea about that, I'll let them decide. Like I said, i think in total each of the 4 schools would have around 20 students each, for a grand total of 80 potential fighters, not including instructors, etc., but that seems like overkill, to have them all fight I mean.

I think maybe we should just discuss the matches here before they get started, decide who fights who and so on
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:22 am

I wanted to resolve the grudge between Hayden and Jake somehow, but having them fight doesn't seem like a good idea; Jake would probably just pound Hayden senseless and then we'd be right back where we started >.> As far as fighting style goes, though, I think Jake would be an interesting matchup against Romeo, since they have similar-ish philosophies and are both pretty strong.

Hannah, of course, can be defeated by any of the Kintora characters just so that we can have righteous anger towards them >:D Lol.

Jacopo
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:04 pm

I had actually meant to suggest that, if you wanted, Jake could be from one of the schools. And also, if you wanted, he and Romeo could fight, I don't mind...would prolly be a good match as long as you controlled Jake.

Also, just so we know, the other two schools are the Midorikame and Akafushicho, or Green Turtle and Red Phoenix Schools...Jake could be from either of them. I was thinking that each of them could be in a different part of the world. We don't have to actually make characters from there, but we can have quick-fights against their people or something.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:23 pm

So wait, my OC is with Kintora? o.o I thought he was with Ginryu?

I had a separate character in mind for Kintora/on his own. Regardless, I hope you guys love Juuza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tptP9dGOKbM

"Join The Corps!"

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Lol what anime is that? It looks pretty old. And that Juuza guy (the one in the video) makes me want to kick him. Maybe it's the huge chin. Lol.

Jake vs. Romeo sounds solid. I'll control him. The Red Phoenix School also sounds like a good match for him.

So, who wants to go up against Hayden? Anyone? lol

Jacopo
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:08 pm

You know what? I'm actually kind of attached to the idea of a Hayden/Rosalind beatdown. Well, Rosalind trying to lay some beatdown on Hayden, anyway. Mostly Hayden running away and stuff though. And she would not be with any school that named itself after a turtle lol. So she's probably with Kintora.

But wait... does that mean Mizuki fights Ricky? o.0

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Jake, your character can be with whatever school you want, or none of them, whatever, lol.

And...um...Jacopo, did you make a Kintora character? or 2 maybe? I honestly can't remember...either way, no Kuro, you won't have to fight Ricky nessicarily. he could be the one that beats Hannah and gets everyone pissed.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:54 pm

I made Jake, but he's a Phoenix school character now, right?

A Rosalind v Hayden match would be kind of epic. Maybe at the end he can buy her dinner. Pahahahaha. Actually, that would be pretty funny...

Jacopo
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Actually, I'd like a Mizuki/Ricky fight. It would be interesting; I just thought that there was probably a reserve fight for Romeo and Ricky, which would mean that one of them would have to lose to him. I'm not totally against having her lose or anything, but options would be nice lol.

I'm not sure how Rosalind would feel about that Jacopo. Probably angry. (^_^)

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:28 pm

Maybe we could do a round robin where everyone fights each other O.o Although, that would require a large amount of posing >.<"

Would the tournament progress normally with a winner and such, or would the bad guys have ulterior motives that turns everything into a fight for our lives? That's how the storyline typically evolves...haha.

Lol, she'd only be angry if she lost. If she won, Hayden would probably be in a hospital bed, meaning he couldn't ask her out anyways. There goes that plan.

Jacopo
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:55 am

Actually, depending on whether or not you're the kind of person who likes to plan these things in advance, I might have a couple ideas about that.

And you're right; a round-robin would be too many fights. Maybe the tournament would be double-elimination, though, so that a couple of us could take losses and still have something to do?

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:53 am

Sorry I haven't actually posted guys...my sleep has gotten really messed up lately, but I'll try and have a post up sometime tomorrow.

Like I said before Kuro, any and all ideas are welcome. And I know, I think Romeo and Ricky should definitely have a showdown, maybe towards the end, or maybe that's the first match or something XD But, either way, you won't have to lose, or even actually face him really. I know we can come up with some extras to kick around (literally) for a few posts.

And cool Jacopo, I look forward to seeing him actually fight after all this time you've talked about him. Although I still wanna see Hayden get pissed off and kick some ass to be honest, lol. As far as asking Rosiland out, well, isn't she the one with the armor and whip and stuff? Or am I thinking of something else...

Actually, I just had an idea about the tournament. What if we did it like the Chuunin Exams in Naruto? During the written test they had so many times that they could get caught cheating before they were tossed out. We could have something similar. The judges could call a winner for an individual match, but then the loser could still move on to another match if they didn't just completely suck in the first...just an idea. I'm trying not to make a decision on this one along cause I know nothing of real tournaments, and with my knee like it is, probably never will >_<'

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:50 am

The Chuunin exams elimination system sounds good, it's just like the elim system of a normal tournament. I don't think a martial arts tournament would necessarily include a test though.

Hayden? Getting pissed? Never...but Hayden kicking ass is quite likely in the near future, given the right conditions.

Jacopo
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:49 pm

Haha, I kind of like the idea of the test thing though. I don't remember exactly what the elimination system was of the Chunin exams, but wasn't there some part where they had to split up into teams and fight other teams for some scroll or something? Anyone else thinking scavenger hunt all over Hong Kong? Plus, it would give Romeo and Hayden a chance to use that idea from way back when about running around under one of those dragon costumes. They could use it to sneak up on some people... (^_^)

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chinaji on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:01 pm

I think some kind of elimination test before the actual tournament would be nice. It would get rid of some of the 'unnecessary' participants. The instructors could be some kind of moderators of the events or somewhat so no one killed somewhat-who. Oh man, this is getting quite complicated. Maybe we should put in some kind of betting pool? It is underground. I would expect that people would bet money on what school would make it to number one or something.

chinaji
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Can I Say My OC Is already in Hong Kong, you know, just an introduction, with a fight scene or two? I'm itchin to start posting

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:40 pm

You can say he's on Hong Kong, but if you're fighting it's not part of the tournament, so you'd probably get arrested shortly after.

And with the Chuunin Exams, I didn't mean some sort of test to lower the number of fighters. My idea was that they have so many chances to move on before they are eliminated. For instance, if Romeo fought 3 rounds and lost 2, he'd officially be out. However, like in the tournament part of the exams, if he lost, but still did a very good job, he might move on to the next round anyway.
This way, say Mizuki does fight Ricky, and she does lose. Well, if she did well and used technique rather than outright just tried to kill him, then she could keep fighting despite the lose. Sorry to use you in the example Kuro, but that's what gave me the idea to begin with ^_^'

But...now that I think about it, having other instructors, not from Ginryu, or maybe not from any of the schools, pick fights with the students to eliminate them before the tournament even begins, might be a good idea, seeing as how we started the rp like that.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!