Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

"Influenza"

Introductions and Chat

a part of “"Influenza"”, a fictional universe by StrawberryFoxglove.

Any horror movie-goer knows a thing or two about zombies. It's usually the government, things usually go horribly wrong, and people usually die... and then come back to life. Use your resources, your wits, and your allies properly and you might survive...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “"Influenza"”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Introductions and Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:44 pm

This is an OOC topic for the roleplay ""Influenza""

This thread is for you to introduce yourself and your character. It can also be used for chatting about not necessarily roleplay related topics.
Last edited by StrawberryFoxglove on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~*Do not frown, you never know who is falling in love with your smile*~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Introductions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Urelasticreflection on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm definitely liking this. Could you put up a skeleton, or would you prefer we just wing it?

▲ ▲

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Urelasticreflection
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheMindOfaChild on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:59 pm

I second the notion.

TheMindOfaChild
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ginko on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:39 pm

Same here. I find this a very interesting RP, and I really am looking forward to making a character for it, but I'd like to know whether you'd prefer to have certain info (as in a character skellie) or have us just put what we think is necessary info. ^^ I'll make a character after this is confirmed.

Ginko
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby United We Stand on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:45 pm

I'm interested as well. New to these forums however so I might need some guidance at first. I'm a fast learner though.

United We Stand
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reya on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:32 pm

Hey, I'm really looking forward to this RP as it looks pretty interesting, but what would you like us to include in our character skellies?

Reya
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:15 pm

*waits for necessary info to begin character*
"Lips that Shakespeare taught to speak have whispered their secret in my ear." -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:58 pm

Hey guys, thank you so much for the interest and I'm sorry I haven't replied. I recently made a character of my own and if you just go off of that, it would be alright me. I'm looking for full sentences, as opposed to just plain information. This way I get a taste for your writing skills without asking for a sample.

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

A quick update

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:22 pm

I've accepted numerous characters, but I am waiting for character submissions from TheMindOfaChild, Reya, and TheScarletPlague before accepting anyone else. After they submit their characters I'll take a look at everything to see if I'll add more.
I'll take time now to remind everyone that a majority of this RP has already been planned to start in Fort Collins, Colorado. I will be doing some one on one roleplays to get everyone into a group and introduce you to combat.
One more thing, I've already accepted three military members, no more please. How fun would an apocalypse be if everyone had military training?

~StrawberryFoxglove

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years

Re: A quick update

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby United We Stand on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:53 pm

StrawberryFoxglove wrote:I've accepted numerous characters, but I am waiting for character submissions from TheMindOfaChild, Reya, and TheScarletPlague before accepting anyone else. After they submit their characters I'll take a look at everything to see if I'll add more.
I'll take time now to remind everyone that a majority of this RP has already been planned to start in Fort Collins, Colorado. I will be doing some one on one roleplays to get everyone into a group and introduce you to combat.
One more thing, I've already accepted three military members, no more please. How fun would an apocalypse be if everyone had military training?

~StrawberryFoxglove

haha I agree that its not as fun with all military backgrounds but who's more likely to survive? your average, untrained civie or your war trained marine?

United We Stand
Member for 13 years

Re: [OOC] Introductions and Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Urelasticreflection on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Well, I think the military would be the first to fall as a whole. They'd get too cocky.

Urelasticreflection
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:05 pm

I think those with full and proper military training would actually be one of the least cocky, simply because of their training.. I think civilian militia would be the cocky ones. That's just my opinion though.

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby United We Stand on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:17 pm

Urelasticreflection wrote:Well, I think the military would be the first to fall as a whole. They'd get too cocky.

Its the experienced soldiers that learn to not be cocky in a military situation. Its those never actually been to combat that think they're the king of the world

United We Stand
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Urelasticreflection on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Lolz. You guys should hear my local recruiter. When he was paying a visit to my JROTC class, he kept talking about how he got shot. It was pretty funny.

Urelasticreflection
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby United We Stand on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:29 pm

Urelasticreflection wrote:Lolz. You guys should hear my local recruiter. When he was paying a visit to my JROTC class, he kept talking about how he got shot. It was pretty funny.

bragging about a shot and getting shot again are different. If he was doing something stupid that got him shot I doubt he'll do the exact same thing again. lol

United We Stand
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Urelasticreflection on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Lol, you have a good point there.

Urelasticreflection
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Urelasticreflection - hopefully you're still about on the forums! I wanted to know where you're character will start during the outbreak. The more information I have from everyone, the sooner I can start the roleplaying!

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Urelasticreflection on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:13 pm

I think I might just start out at my apartment.

Urelasticreflection
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:52 pm

Did you have an idea of where your apartment is?
As a side note: we have 3 characters starting in Fort Collins, on or near Colorado State University.

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Urelasticreflection on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:18 pm

Let's say I'm in Loveland. Can't be too far from the base, eh?

Urelasticreflection
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!