Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

"Influenza"

Character Discussion

a part of “"Influenza"”, a fictional universe by StrawberryFoxglove.

Any horror movie-goer knows a thing or two about zombies. It's usually the government, things usually go horribly wrong, and people usually die... and then come back to life. Use your resources, your wits, and your allies properly and you might survive...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “"Influenza"”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Character Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:27 pm

This is where we will be having character discussion later on, character progress, growth, and development; character's relationship with others will be discussed here as well.
~*Do not frown, you never know who is falling in love with your smile*~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Character Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby United We Stand on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Went ahead and submitted my character. Any specific starting point you want me to use or shall I make it up myself (without hopefully making your story have a weird starting point lol)?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

United We Stand
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:59 pm

I accepted your character not too long ago, I wanted to wait and see the characters submitted by those that showed interest in the OOC section previously. I was waiting to see what other characters we have before I started some of the roleplaying. I wanted to do a one on one with most characters to get everyone into a group. If you're eager to start, I can go ahead and start with you. I just need to know some character information and I can get you started.

I need to know where you are now and what you are in the middle of doing before large news reports started happening. I want to roleplay up through the emergence of The Flu and where your character will go. When others log on, I can start having them go about there way, slowly but surely getting everyone into a group. It might take a little bit, but it should be more natural and I'll introduce you to a combat.

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby United We Stand on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Oh no no rush I was just wondering where (once the RP starts) you'd want my character if there was any specifics. If we're going to run up before the flu actually releases then the RP itself should handle character positioning.

United We Stand
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:40 pm

I want something that flows naturally -- I'll attempt to get everyone into a group without going "Tada! You're all in a group. I'm not sure how, but congratulations! :D". I've been planning on doing some individual RPs with those who may be starting somewhere else. I'd like to know where everyone is planning on starting, seeing as we all have pretty diverse backgrounds.

Was your character on a military base? Or perhaps he has an apartment off base, like one of the other characters? Were you planning on attempting to get to your base? Or is your first priority to help survivors?

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby United We Stand on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

His apartment is off base (was supposed to be close to the college he was going to attend but didn't). His main priority was meeting up with the rest of his squad (my plan was to have them all dead/zombified) who were supposed to be finishing up some training on the base so he's heading towards the base picking stuff up along the way but can also go somewhere else if he deems it important enough.

United We Stand
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:14 pm

Fair enough. Did you have a location in mind or would you like me to choose? Was he planning on attending at Colorado State University or another school (I have it based in Colorado)? I know the Colorado state CDC is in Fort Collins (same place as CSU), it is possible that there is a military base in the same area. This would definitely quicken the time we can get the group together, but I have no problem with doing a longer one on one RP if you have another place in mind.

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby United We Stand on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:20 pm

Nope. That sounds fine to me. I actually hadn't thought about places to use in Colorado so whatever works best for the story I can make work for Mike

United We Stand
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Okay! I set up a location in which we will host the one on one roleplay to get Mike into a larger group. Unfortunately, we won't be able to make large amounts of progress until I know other survivor's locations. Hopefully we will get started soon!

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheMindOfaChild on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:54 am

Frank's just sorta ramblin along feel free to "spot a large hairy man" in the distance whenever and Ill run in and bash something.

TheMindOfaChild
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:20 pm

That's what I was planning with Frank, actually. I assume that once Rachel and Alexis go running off somewhere, we'll all end up running into you and then running into someone else, etc. etc. until we're all together. Then it's what do we want to do now?

I'm starting the work on the maps now, as an FYI, and they'll be done soon. Then I can post them and we can start keeping track of the progress of the characters and we'll have a visual map of where we are and where we can go. :D

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elvis the King on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Hey, I just submitted in a character that was heading towards Colorado State University, can Elvis Valentino run into you there and somehow team up with you on your adventure. I mean, I can always change it around and morph it, but I'm new to the site and rather be with someone in the start. But I'm willing to go with the flow and make neccesary changes, or we can always go with the Frank idea and, "Spot a skinny guy with nice hair on a broken down motorcycle," or what not. (By the way, I don't even know if I'm accepted or not, so I don't even know if I should post this, I'm such a "n00b" at this ): )
Johnny Carson-
If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.

Elvis the King
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheMindOfaChild on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Elvis, did you read "The Outsiders" recently? Just wonderin, otherwise nice job Ill pm yah.

TheMindOfaChild
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Elvis the King wrote:Hey, I just submitted in a character that was heading towards Colorado State University, can Elvis Valentino run into you there and somehow team up with you on your adventure. I mean, I can always change it around and morph it, but I'm new to the site and rather be with someone in the start. But I'm willing to go with the flow and make neccesary changes, or we can always go with the Frank idea and, "Spot a skinny guy with nice hair on a broken down motorcycle," or what not. (By the way, I don't even know if I'm accepted or not, so I don't even know if I should post this, I'm such a "n00b" at this ): )

Hey, I've been waiting on two others who reserved spots to submit a character before I accept anyone else. Then I'm going to take a look at the amount work and see if it is okay to add another character, so I'm not sure at this point.

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elvis the King on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Yes, I have read the "Outsiders," before, but not recently (almost 1 in a half years ago.) Also, thanks for the Pm, I followed your suggestions. Strawberry, If you decide to open up another character spot just give me a shout.

Elvis the King
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:57 pm

I definitely will! :D

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elvis the King on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Hola everyone, I just read the post stating there is another spot on hold, I assume this is meant for me (though it may be wishful thinking,) in the it's mine I would be happy to meet up with Frank, Daniel, or even start out at the University as Elvis is looking for his sister, Kelly, there. In anycase I'd be happy to start out anywhere as Elvis has a flexible History. By the way, Elvis is riding on a motorcycle so we can say it broke down due to etc., and another character finds him and they meet up.

Elvis the King
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:17 pm

The spot on hold right now is for TheScarletPlague, whom I spoke with earlier this week. Those of us currently attending some version of school understands the problem of homework and how it can keep you busy. :)

After TheScarletPlague, the next position would be for Elvis the King and then Kiina.

I have to decide exactly how large this RP will be and how I'm managing the groups (i.e. splitting you all up for some reason -- which would be exciting and you all know it). If this all starts coming to fruition, I will be able to add more spots to the RP.

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!