Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

C.H.I.P.S.: The Viral War

C.H.I.P.S: The Viral War (Avaliable Spots)

a part of “C.H.I.P.S.: The Viral War”, a fictional universe by ZeroDaggerz.

When does a gaming system become reality? When you physically enter it? When you cannot escape the world? Or when war is declared upon the system itself?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “C.H.I.P.S.: The Viral War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] C.H.I.P.S: The Viral War (Avaliable Spots)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mister Want on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:07 pm

Hello.

I would like to reserve a spot for captive if that is all right. I will submit a character profile for approval either tomorrow or the day after. Thank you.

-Mister Want

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mister Want
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ketiou on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:09 am

Archlkan wrote:
Ketiou wrote:
Archlkan wrote:I was just trying to be realistic, I mean it would be weird having everyone be happy to jump out of a helicopter out in the unknown with a slight chance of dieing. Well everyone views this different I guess.

It's true!
Reinku is quite the adventurous, I can find the fun in everything I do, kind of person yet even he didn't want to jump out of a plane. :P

I was only stating that not everyone has to be like your character and jump into adventure so easily. Well as Zero said: it brings alot of different emotions into the RP wich is good.

I'm glad! Cause if everyone was like my character, then it'd be boring and unoriginal. It'd be like a zany version of Mr. Smith.

Different emotions are good in a RP. I've been in an RP where everyone was the "Emotionless, cold, and silent" type. Guess how fun THAT was?
Haha.
Onomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom ;3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ketiou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:35 am

Ketiou wrote:
Archlkan wrote:
Ketiou wrote:
Archlkan wrote:I was just trying to be realistic, I mean it would be weird having everyone be happy to jump out of a helicopter out in the unknown with a slight chance of dieing. Well everyone views this different I guess.

It's true!
Reinku is quite the adventurous, I can find the fun in everything I do, kind of person yet even he didn't want to jump out of a plane. :P

I was only stating that not everyone has to be like your character and jump into adventure so easily. Well as Zero said: it brings alot of different emotions into the RP wich is good.

I'm glad! Cause if everyone was like my character, then it'd be boring and unoriginal. It'd be like a zany version of Mr. Smith.

Different emotions are good in a RP. I've been in an RP where everyone was the "Emotionless, cold, and silent" type. Guess how fun THAT was?
Haha.

I can imagine. Haha!
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroDaggerz on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:12 am

Okay Mister your spot is reserved

ZeroDaggerz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:23 am

Maybe I am being impatient. But the two remaining members sure take their time XD

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroDaggerz on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:27 am

Yeah that's starting to bother me...I'll PM them and if they don't post or reply I'll open up their spots. So Mister Want if you're a good enough Roleplayer I'll give you a spot

ZeroDaggerz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby werr on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:37 am

Speaking of posting, I have a question. How is the RP going to progress? As in, are we going to do this on stages? The leader sets the next scene, then all the players post once, describing it from their perspective. Or...?
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

werr
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroDaggerz on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:13 pm

Good question, well I'll set the stage in some scenes and yah may add to it if yah wish. Though once within the system you may post as you wish as long as it doesn't stray too far off; after a few posts I make within the system you'll get a general idea of the average posting.

ZeroDaggerz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mister Want on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:55 pm

I'm writing up my character right now. I'll be submitting in an hour or so. Thank you.

Edit: I'm afraid I don't have much of a character profile. But I usually flesh out the character as I write the posts. Also, I have a few questions about this world. The CHIPS world that allows people to input themselves in the system. From what it sounds like this CHIPS world has multiple worlds because it's based on what people create. Is that correct?

So as a captive, being stuck in the CHIPS world mean my character would be stuck in a world that either she has created, someone else has created, or the entire CHIPS world as a whole. Does this mean that the CHIPS world allow for things that don't exist in the normal world because it's a program like gaming. Meaning things like mythical creatures could technically exist, aside from the system file viruses from the system file log thread.

Or do I have the freedom to interpret this CHIPS world as I like?

Mister Want
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroDaggerz on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:56 pm

The worlds other people have created is like the Alpha of the system, their own worlds they can do whatever they like it. The Beta is CHIPS which is like a world that all players can get into and interact as a whole. CHIPS the world everyone is stuck within also yes there are abnormal creatures (files to be correct) within the system.

ZeroDaggerz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby werr on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Any info on the two missing members? Did their parachutes perhaps not open?

werr
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:30 pm

Somehow I think we will be needing new members :\

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mister Want on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:17 pm

ZeroDaggerz wrote:The worlds other people have created is like the Alpha of the system, their own worlds they can do whatever they like it. The Beta is CHIPS which is like a world that all players can get into and interact as a whole. CHIPS the world everyone is stuck within also yes there are abnormal creatures (files to be correct) within the system.

So, is the CHIPS world like the world we see. In the sense you have buildings, trees and such? Erm..

Alpha world A: Is a fantasy world in medieval times, so it would have a forest, rivers, castles, villages, etc.

Alpha world B: Is a AU world where people have magic, so it would have magic school, magic book, etc.

Whereas the Beta world (CHIPS) is all of those worlds combine. So, would you have "portals" going to those different alpha worlds? And does the Beta world (CHIPS) look like our world?

I just want to clarify the setting of the world for the captives that will be stuck in there. Also, how do you get in and get out of the system normally? In the posts, everyone parachuted in.

Mister Want
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ketiou on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:01 am

werr wrote:Any info on the two missing members? Did their parachutes perhaps not open?

Lolololz!
Haha. I could totally see that.

"Alright here we go-wait what the? Oh shi-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" *Splat!*

Looks like we will need new members already. XD

Ketiou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:59 am

Ketiou wrote:
werr wrote:Any info on the two missing members? Did their parachutes perhaps not open?

Lolololz!
Haha. I could totally see that.

"Alright here we go-wait what the? Oh shi-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" *Splat!*

Looks like we will need new members already. XD

Rofl. That is one solution for their late arrival. XD

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ketiou on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:39 am

Indeedly. X3

Oh and the angsty roleplay? It was an Akatsuki Rp, so of course everyone had to be cold, emotionless non speaking types.

Ketiou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroDaggerz on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:27 am

We're only going to need one more person to fill in Averagebear's spot since he has not responded at all. Also check the update thread to obtain information on that subject Mister Want.

ZeroDaggerz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:44 am

Sorry, my friends dragged me out for a surprise weekend out to to the beach. :O
Can I still have my spot?

All weekend I was hopin' y'all wouldn't boot me, hahaha.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroDaggerz on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:47 am

Lol, since you answered before someone took your spot you may keep it ^^

ZeroDaggerz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:54 am

Awesome, I'll post now. :}

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!