Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Path of Nobility

The Path of Nobility

a part of “The Path of Nobility”, a fictional universe by Disciple of Tzeentch.

The path to Nobility is a diverging one. Some rule with a kind heart and others with an iron fist, but one thing is needed above all: Ambition. (Sandbox Rp)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Path of Nobility”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Path of Nobility

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:00 pm

Well nanase, point is most of us seem to be ok with it. I mean, considering the time period we are writing it seems perfectly light hearted when you consider we have things like "Legal Prostitution" ect. Hell even my race i created is founded on lust and love by being a tribal sexually liberal people. Tika and Cassidy are lesbian lovers for goodness sake lol

Overall i'd say your fine and that they need to get over it lol, but its not my call if somone wants to enforce the site rules and throw a tantrum ya know? :)

Anyway guys, I gotta back out of this rp, as I started my MMO addiction and simply cannot keep up. Its slow now and im losing interest because i found something to do lol. The battles take up time and effort as does micro managing my empire, additonal responsiblity to a dedicated roleplay.

Its not that I don't like it, i had a lot of fun and was looking forward to eventually becoming more involved in the story, but i don't want to become a burden, so in advance I apologise if this gets in anyones way or anything.

Good luck everyone :) and remeber:

Viva La Lustria~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tigeress
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:51 pm

TIGRESS NOOOOOOO

You won't hold us back. I can help you balance addiction :3 I played AOE3 all last night and into early morning :3 please stay.....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nanase
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Lol, I appreicate the sentiment but i really don't want to be a inconvience love, and my mmo groupies want me on much more lol.

Tigeress
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klause on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Tigeress wrote:my mmo groupies want me on much more lol.

Oh what a slap to the face! XD
Could use some members for this RP, a fantasy, strategy RP.

Klause
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:33 pm

Hey guys. I'm a bit bored, So I have an Idea.

To pass the time lets have mock military battles. These are of course completely fake and OOC in general, but heck it would be fun. So who's up for it?

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klause on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:43 am

Mukmar looked at the castle before him and sighed. He had never thought that this was what it would come to, civil war, after they had just recovered their economies, fended off orcish invasions and chased out spies of the evil Empire, now each lord had turned against one another like savage and power hungry creatures...What a shame, yet...who was he to blame them? Hadn't he enslaved the large majority of the people from the East into working in his forests? Didn't he make deals with nobles of the evil Empire, only to profit? Wasn't it Mukmar who, oh so cunningly, had half a dozen nobles assassinated so his wood would dominate the market? Yes, Mukmar Ahmed Gadzi had caused a lot of problems for the Kingdom, and he had chosen his side.

The king had died suddenly. No heir had been apparent and the nobles began to argue who was worthy to become the next king. Well...The country was rather swiftly divided into two factions, each one led by a council of nobles who had agreed that they would diplomatically find a king AFTER the civil war, and here they were, each side launching their attacks against each other.

Returning his look to his army, he sighed. They weren't anything special. Average soldiers, not a lot of combat experience, just enough to be dragged to the front lines. A small army of mercenaries, and thousands of rag-tag soldiers who felt loyalty towards Mukmar and the other nobles.
"Milord, what are your orders?" James asked.
"Shoot some fire arrows over that wall, give them something to be busy with while our ram and siege towers are moving towards the walls," Mukmar ordered, and James nodded and barked the orders.

Mukmar had taken the task to invade the Western lands. Rather ironic, He and Faile used to be friends, and close business partners, now they were against each other. Mukmar with his hordes of peasant soldiers, slave soldiers and hired mercenaries against Faile's experienced and well equipped soldiers. What would the outcome be?

(I dunno if that is how you wanted it, worst case, I'll edit it all just for the heck of it XD. I tried to leave it open as for who is attacking who, though (once again) I wouldn't mind going back and editing it to suit whatever scenario we're gonna use :P)

Klause
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:11 am

Oh no I like the Idea of a siege. Should be fun. I'll keep my keep relatively simple as it is now. I had several nasty additions I was planning but I'll keep it simple now lol

Expect a tough fight. I will do my action later, I have to go take an ACT now :(

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:11 pm

Faile gripped the edge of the edge of an arrow loop harshly, a large scowl on her face. The death of the king had been a mighty blow to her and Faile's fears that the country she helped create was to be torn apart by civil war had come true. The Western Provinces and aligned themselves behind Faile and once again The Falcon found herself at the head of an army, but this time was also different, this time the battle was to be fought against someone whom she had thought of as a friend.

Faile gazed out across the plains at the gathering army, Faile supposed it was an army of fair strength, possibly 15-20K troops and it was here to take away her home. To slaw the falcon before she had a chance to rally troops. The opposing army was...disorganized to say the least, through the spyglass she could see regiments of half armed, half trained men and boys. She was outnumbered 4:1, only 5500 troops had made it under her command from the western nations and her troops before Mukmar's army had descended on them. The man was no strategist, he was a merchant. But merchants were aggressive in their own rights, she was a better strategist but numbers alone could be enough to win the day for Mukmar. It was not assured though and she had more then one surprise in store for Mukmar and his siege equipment.

Faile's cloak fluttered as she turned away to begin relaying orders to soldiers taking to the walls. The balistae were creaking into a load and her main surprise, the catapults she constructed were being hidden against the wall. As much as she could prepare she would, but the battle rested with The Falcons Claw and the other cavalry already out of the city. The whole battle rested on their shoulders.

(Tell me if my estimates for your army are about right, you can begin the attack now)

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klause on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:29 am

(Yeah the numbers are fine...After all, I'm most likely going to suffer the most with my peasant army...So why follow Stalin when he said, "Quantity has a quality of its own.")

"Fire!"

The skies were ablaze with fire as thousands upon thousands of fire lit arrows descended down upon Faile's castle. The archers had been ordered to be careful concerning the siege equipment, and therefore, there wasn't a lot of arrows near the tightly packed rows of siege towers that slowly moved towards the walls.

Men grunted in strain as almost forty men were pushing the siege towers towards the walls, shielded by the cheap yet functional walls at the bottom. The ram was moving slightly faster than the siege towers, however it was also differently constructed and protected a lot more than its larger siege cousins. The roof was covered with animal hides which had been watered in order to prevent a fire from starting if oil or fire arrows befell it.

Mukmar had ordered different groups of axe and spear men to prepare to run for the towers and climb the towers. "Milord, the siege towers are halfway there, and the ram is, by my estimation-" James said and then looked through the spyglass once again-"A hundred paces from the gates. Its a matter of time before the real siege will begin."
Mukmar nodded and watched the battle unfold. The first few waves of arrows had been set afire, but now the orders had been sounded for them to fire normal arrows, effectively exchanging one Falcon Claw arrow for three 'returned' Southern Arrows.

It was obvious that Mukmar's forces vastly outnumbered Faile's; Mukmar was certain that he could see smoke from fire behind the walls of the castle...Either the many arrows had managed to start fire on something, or the sheer quantity of them was enough.

"General James," Mukmar then said and turned to his general, "Order the men to prepare the assault. Have the siege tower soldiers in line, ready to run towards their specific towers and have the rest ready to charge through the gates."
"Yes, milord."
"Hopefully we can end this swiftly, without the need for much blood spill," Mukmar muttered to himself.

Klause
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:42 am

Nice, your siege equipment is about to get a beating, but It's going to be difficult to destroy that ram :(
With enough tar maybe I can, or I can try to force it's abandonment OH WAIT I HAVE AN IDEA :3

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klause on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:37 am

I am guessing your inspiration comes from, "Kingdom of Heaven" ? Concerning your defenses.

Klause
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Yes and no. I did indeed take the hiding the catapults behind the walls. That was ingenious lol
No because Kingdom of Heaven just took a common tactic with the catapults and put it in a movie. Catapults were used extensively on both attacking and defending armies during siege warfare. So yes and no.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klause on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:44 am

and this RP is now dead!

Klause
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:04 pm

NO, DISCIPLE IS NOT BACK YET, I WILL NOT GIVE UP

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!