Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Path of Nobility

The Path of Nobility

a part of “The Path of Nobility”, a fictional universe by Disciple of Tzeentch.

The path to Nobility is a diverging one. Some rule with a kind heart and others with an iron fist, but one thing is needed above all: Ambition. (Sandbox Rp)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Path of Nobility”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Path of Nobility

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Disciple of Tzeentch on Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:29 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Path of Nobility"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"The day will not save them. And we own the night."

The minds of gods are not for mortals to know or to judge. Accept that Tzeentch has a place for all of us in his grand scheme, and be happy in the part you have to play.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Disciple of Tzeentch
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Path of Nobility

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Disciple of Tzeentch on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:38 am

Note: There can be more than one Noble player in every location. All of them can be in the west if they wished, so just because someone has a land such as North doesnt mean you cant also be up there. There is enough room.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Disciple of Tzeentch
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:48 am

THANK YOU. I will have a character up later today. I absolutely love Nation RP's so you are my savior right now :3

Nanase
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klause on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:57 am

I'm joining for sure! I'm picking some lands in the Southern part of the nation.
Could use some members for this RP, a fantasy, strategy RP.

Klause
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:03 am

Hope y'all are prepared for the Northern Nation's sudden but inevitable betrayal.

That is assuming nobody else takes the Northern Nation and I have absolute control. DICTATORSHIP SUIT UP.
You know what the first rule of flying is?

Love.
You can learn all the math in the 'verse...
But you take a boat in the air that you don't love...
She'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds.
Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down...
Tells you she's hurting before she keels.
Makes her a home.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:23 am

This looks really interesting, I'll probly join as an Eastern ruler

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klause on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:38 am

@Ironbrow

Ha ha ha, yeah, I can so see you being a dictator...already you are hated for how you will need your people to get your iron!

Klause
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Disciple of Tzeentch on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:32 am

Fear can be the best motivator…

If you can pull it a coup off, more power to you Ironbrow. I have no problem whatsoever with having a noble rise to be a king. I will even encourage it if the RP is around long enough.

Disciple of Tzeentch
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineRequiem on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:45 am

May I be an Eastern Noble? I will get up a char as quickly as possible! :D
Aww Sam. You make me giggle :)

DivineRequiem
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:48 am

I'm not going to become a Dictator without in-character motive, but I may try if Conall gets sufficiently infuriated with the new leadership.

What's the game-stance on magic?

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:45 am

I allready have a plan as to how to make a strong land for my own.
I will instate... COMMUNISM!! LONG LIVE THE MOTHERLAND! And so on.
Surely my people will be hostile towards the idea, but eventually I'll pull it off.

>:D

And, Please inform me, if you are a part of the Central lands, So that I know who to seek out for my mutual defense treaty :D
Bloodied Terra, a world created by human frailty or maybe by our own greed? A world dominated by ideologies and wars, conflicts everywhere. In this world a story takes place, the story of a man who would become the savior of Human Kind.

Join in, and help decide the fate of the world, as the greatest web of lies and fatalities in human history unfold. Hide those too weak in spirit and shield those who cannot fathom the greatness of this cobweb of destiny, for the Bloodied Terra will soon unfold.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineRequiem on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:55 am

XD lol Goooood luck with that!

The Eastern Lands are gonna be very Yo Ho and a bottle of rum like. XD Rough and rowdy !>: D

DivineRequiem
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:56 am

I'm okay with befriending a communist central nation.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:01 pm

My lands will be depending on creating food, and our central placement, would enable many a traderoute to be built :D

I'll not say no to a treaty between us Iron.
But surely, a trade treaty would be of use to us both ;D

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Every good nation roleplay needs religious fanatics, I can provide that. Mehehe... Wait, Disciple, I've just realised your pic is an avatar of Khain, not something Tzeentchy.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineRequiem on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Muahahha XD If anyone wants to trade over seas anywhere A treaty with me might be good but just saying :D!

I am all for treaties as well Iron, but we shall see depending on how the story pans out.

DivineRequiem
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Disciple of Tzeentch on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Well you can’t get a picture of the Great Puppet Master as none know his true form, so the Avatar of Khaine will have to do.

Ironbrow: My stance on magic… No magic. I know some may wish to incorporate magic, but magic is a tricky thing. I don’t mind other races such as elves, but no magic.

Narrow: Know that you do not own the land you are on. You are a noble on the Kings land; you are not your own separate country. If you try to incorporate a new foreign change in government he will not look kindly on your… political decisions. Remember this is medieval times, communism does not exist and if you wish to attempt such a thing I want something in the story that leads you to this new ideology. The… most liberal you could be and get away with it would be in the western side of the country since it’s not as watched and regulated.

Templar: Feel free to make a religious fanatic noble. You can even create your own religion as I have said nothing about the nation’s religion.

Remember every action will have an effect on the lands, and Fortune favors the Bold.

Tomorrow I will post a posting order, as well as give the first summaries of each nobles land, economic strength etc. From there you can start, build if you wish, hire soldiers (if you do tell me how many, their pay 15 silver will be the basic pay per soldier per month, equipment but you have to have the right buildings to arm them with those. You can’t start out with platemail as that takes an armor foundry of some type.)

If you try to spend too much that your economy can not handle it; I will make you go in debt.

Disciple of Tzeentch
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:26 pm

I think you misunderstood me.
I wasn't going to be entirely "Communismus!!!".
I was only going to take away private fields, and make it communal farming.
Also, you said in the game description that there is no laws over the nobles reign yet.
So as far as I've come with my planning, I'm going to be good.

Also, could you tell me the currency system, and how much a silver is worth in buying force.
Could I buy a hen for a silver or what?

But I think I'll have a close relationship to the king, as I won't have an army for the first pair of months, only militias.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:36 pm

The North's men and women will all serve mandatory terms in their military.

And thanks for the magic clarification mate, I didn't expect any but it's nice to have it laid down as fact.

Also, trade deals everywhere sounds good to me. I could always use the food since I live in the North, and everyone knows from Age of Empires that the only food in the North is berry bushes.

What happens if there are multiple Nobles in a given territory? Is the power of that territory split between the Nobles?

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Disciple of Tzeentch on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Standard system 50 copper coins is 1 silver coin, 20 silver is a gold piece. You can buy a pint of beer for 3 copper. Basic peasantry clothing would be around a silver as making clothing is not easy. A decent sword would cost around 17 silver pieces.

Do not worry too much on that system as I won’t be telling you your money in coin form. Tell me how much you pay your soldiers lets me figure out their upkeep, loyalty, and ability. Soldiers tend to fight harder when they are paid better.

I will give more basic forms for your economy and if you wish I can set up a basic table that can give you more knowledge on how it will work. Do not think this is final, as you can feel free to do as you wish, think of these as more of guidelines. Do think you have to spend your money; you can save it up if you wish.
Economy levels:
0. Debt: you cannot build anything. Your men are not being paid and growing angry.
1. Poor: You can build residential buildings like hovels and basic houses, or you can hire around 50 basic soldiers (not including militia as they are volunteer)
2. Basic: You can build more economical buildings such as small farms, small religious structures, a mill, blacksmith, leather tanner etc. You can hire, and upkeep around 100 soldiers depending on their equipment and pay.
3. Moderate: You build a variety of buildings, such as a town hall, tavern/inn, brewery, a mine (if you have the land), a ship (if you have the land), etc. You can hire and maintain around 200 soldiers depending on their pay, and equipment.
4. Wealthy: You can build just about anything you please too, save for perhaps a fortress. Hiring soldiers will be left up to your discretion as unless you hire a ridiculous amount I wont say anything.
5. Rich: You make the king envious.

EDIT: Yes, there are multiple players and NPC Nobles that the land is divided up with. You can send scouts or delegates into NPC noble territories around you, and I will give you a breakdown of their land, leader, and forces if you wish to... expand.

Disciple of Tzeentch
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!