Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Carnivores and Love Notes

The Sounds of the Pyrrhic

a part of “Carnivores and Love Notes”, a fictional universe by SuckOnMyJuiceBox.

You didn't really think all those Natural Disasters were accidents, did you?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Carnivores and Love Notes”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Sounds of the Pyrrhic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aulelei on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:50 am

I am going to have to drop out of this RP very unexpectedly. My apologies!! <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aulelei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Do you guys realize how many non-heterosexual characters we have? Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against those of homosexual or bisexual orientation, but our numbers aren't exactly average. None of the males are straight, and only half of the females are - at the very least, they makes pairings a problem. Not that there needs to be pairings, but that is often how things start ending up.

70% of the RP population is of the non-hereto variety. Thats almost 7 times larger than studies have estimated it to be in real life. I'm not saying we have to change it, it just seems odd. Plus, I recently took a stats class, so I have numbers in my head.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ..Guinevere.. on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:48 pm

LOL.....that is something i've noticed too, and have always found a bit funny.

I think it's because so many people in this generation think it's "cool" to be something other than Straight.
I'm very bisexual in real life, so i have no need to make all my characters bi and/or shout it from the roof tops to feel "cool"......
But people who are curious about bisexuality and other sexual orientations, or have seen examples of it on MTV/Etc. shows, tend to like to act it out on RPG sites and put it down on all their online profiles.

Now am i saying that everyone who posts Bi on their CS's and profiles aren't really bi, and are just trying to be "cool", no - i'm sure some really are bi/gay/pan/as/etc.,......but most aren't, like you said - the number don't add up at all.
And i think it's just something some people do to be different/cool...or to "try something new"

Anyways though, i'm typing up my post now! ^_^
Yeah I'm back under this username for now.....

..Guinevere..
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuckOnMyJuiceBox on Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Wow. That's too funny. Didn't notice until you guys brought it up. Very observant.
Someone doesnt like you? Fuck it. Having a bad day? Fuck it. Didn’t get that job, or that grade? Fuck it. Fighting with your lover? Fuck it. Feel fat today? Fuck it. Losing control of everything and everyone? Fuck it. What matters now won’t matter soon; the truly important thing is that you are alive, and that you have the capacity to do absolutely anything with this beautiful, crazy coincidence of being on this earth. Just stick your middle fingers in the air and think,‘Damn, I have it good.’
-Gerard Way

SuckOnMyJuiceBox
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LozerFanAnah on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Ahhh! I just noticed it too. Wow....... W.O.W

JuiceyBoxMcLoveBangBurger: My friend invented this burger the other day and I got to name it and I named it after you. You have your own burger now. How do you feel?
~Sunshine In Your Soul Makes Me Creep Outside Your Window~

Marshmallow People
AnahCakes = Grey Marshmallow
Magiko = Pink Marshmallow
YoniBoni = Triangle Man
JuiceyBox = Flying Otter
Bad RPer = Triangle Lady

~We arrived first, then comes the drinking celebration session, i was full with alcohol even i can't carry my head so i just slept my way on the floor.~
(It's In There Somewhere Third Line.)

LozerFanAnah
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:37 pm

XD We have so many gays it's kinda funny... Well, I can't really talk. My guy is bisexual... Or he might be gay... I can't remember, since most of my guys are gay/bi... I guess it keeps options open, lol XD Anyway, doesn't the large amount of gay/bi guys and girls mean the pairings are actually fine? I mean, it means the guys can get with other guys and the girls can get with other girls... I mean, just saying XD
Also, about what I said in my IC post. Arthur says, several times, the whole alien thing sounds like 'something out of a bad science-fiction novel'. I'd like to say I find this idea very interesting and fun, and Arthur is just being a cynical jerk XD
Break Me But Never Beat Me

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:56 pm

The way I understand it is: we have two homosexual males, which is fine. Then we have three straight females, with three bi females and two bi males. Theres no guarantee that the males will go for females, since they are bi. The best case scenario (pairing wise) would be if the bi males hooked up with the straight females, two of the bi females hooked up together, and then you'd only have one lonely bi girl and one lonely straight.

But the point is moot. Pairings may change, or we may not even get that far. Or one of the straight girls may discover that she actually really, really likes breasts.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Meeeeeeh. Whoever's straight is straight, whoever's bi is bi, whoever's gay is gay. Whatever will be, will be. There's really no point in discussing it, because it will work itself out in time.

My character is bi, so he very well might end up with that left over straight girl.... But I'm thinking about turning him into a man whore.... I mean... figuratively speaking. And if that's what I do, then I don't think anyone will be getting him. NEUTRAL PARTY!

@Bleeding: Thanks for the link! I've just started searching through it now, but I'll tell you if it helps. ^_^
Image ImageImage

Neko's Words of Wisdom
"The stalker who stalks people will subsequently be stalked by other stalkers."
"The castle moves sideways and can go through any piece, and the king is invisible when played on Mondays, and the queen likes teeeeeaaaa!" — Lurelle as Tanaka (Black Butler)

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ..Guinevere.. on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:40 pm

ROFL @ she actually really, really likes breasts.
Meh,not me.
I mean i do, but not for this rp! =P

and @ magical neko, i don't see a CS for you.......i'm guessing you're waiting for it to be approved though still =P

..Guinevere..
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:14 pm

No, I really and truly actually haven't finished him yet. I'm REALLY slow. But I can guarantee that he'll be epic when he's finished.

His name is Martina Mercedes Addison Stoltzman, though. German/Italian. Yes, the site totally helped for the first name, Bleeding. Thanks! And thank you LoveJuice for being the victim of name-ninja'ing. Addison. It was almost his first name.

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:54 am

Hey guys, I probably won't be able to post until Friday night. I am visiting my great grandma and she gets upset if I 'ignore' her by going on the computer for ten minutes (even if she's on her own computer, ignoring me!). Lord forbid I try to do homework in her presence. Anyways, the hour I get a day while she naps will probably be spent checking email and reading RPs so I don't fall behind, but I doubt I'll be able to write anything worth reading. I'll do my best, to be sure, but no promises.

Sorry about this. I was hoping for an opening earlier (it would be silly for an alien to go into a cafe/bar, since they don't eat/drink and I haven't figured out what her job is yet, so I can't send her to work) and I didn't want her to pop up somewhere without reason. I'll work her entrance in later somehow.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ..Guinevere.. on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:28 am

Ah, that sucks! lol =P
But i get it!

Just so you know though, it wouldn't be silly if you wrote it the right way.....like your character was walking around the city, and by past the cafe LaNelope is in and recognizes her from her status back on the alien planet and comes inside, or perhaps your character noticed one of the other human characters who have posted, and found "something" interesting about them, and decided to follow them, OR perhaps you set up a scenario where one of us can run into YOU..........there's a bunch of ways you can come in now!
But i'm not trying to pressure you or anything!! lol Just trying to give you ideas and what not! =D

Have fun at your GG's!

..Guinevere..
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:32 pm

WELL. I've finished Martina and submitted his profile. He's lovely, to say the least.

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:11 am

@kelsiikhaos: I might be reading this wrong, or just be too hopeful, but is the bookstore your person (ok, alien) went into the one Arthur (my OC) works at? It's all right if it isn't, I just wanted to know if I should post something.

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuckOnMyJuiceBox on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:47 pm

I don't know where I'm going with Nalin and the whole Martina thing. Just make up whatever, or it could've been just a misunderstanding between him and that fedoraa~. ._.

SuckOnMyJuiceBox
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:42 pm

MagicalNeko: I'm glad it helped, I find it nice when you just have no clue about names.
All say, "How hard it is that we have to die" - a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
~Mark Twain

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kelsiikhaos on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Indeed, it is. (:
La Dispute
It must be true what people say,
that only time can heal the pain.
And every day I feel it fade away, but-

kelsiikhaos
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ..Guinevere.. on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:50 am

Hey, is the name of the planet Pyrrhi?? Since the people are called "Pyrrhic"

..Guinevere..
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:45 am

Ah, posted and hope it works.... XD
@BleedingCrimson: I added a part about an argument Alin and Arthur had... If you want me to take it out, I will XD

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby +delusional+world+ on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:03 pm

>.< i don't know what to post... :p
[ Image Image Image Image

+delusional+world+
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!