Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pokemon: A Trainer's Destiny

Ask Queen Questions

a part of “Pokemon: A Trainer's Destiny”, a fictional universe by Queen of Ice.

Follow your dreams in an advanced Pokémon RP. Create your own destiny in the Faria region. (NO LONGER ACCEPTING UNLESS YOU'VE ALREADY CLAIMED A SPOT)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pokemon: A Trainer's Destiny”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Ask Queen Questions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:14 am

Ask them here from now on so they can be recorded and we don't lose them all in the main OOC thread.

Silly questions are only funny in moderation, remember that! You'd better have a legitimate question before you go posting here!
<3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Ask Queen Questions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:23 am

Answered questions of Baby.

What are the pricings in the Pokemart?

What will the names of the cities be and will what they contain be up soon?

All pokemon are in this region?

Queen of Ice wrote:@Baby- Prices for the Pokémart can be found if you go to Places and click on the place you're at. "Adinitium City" is the only place up right now.

Names of places were going to be revealed only as people got to them... but if that's going to be a problem we might be able to work something out.

Yes, all Pokémon are in this region (bar a few legendary Pokémon).

Question: What about food and pokemon food? Will this be deducted from our pokedollars?

Queen of Ice wrote:Food is not something I will make you take money out to pay for, as I don't expect we'll even have regular "feeding" posts. And besides, it'd be unfair for someone who happened to catch something like a Snorlax. XD

I'll go ahead and say that the Pokémon Centers not only double as a place to sleep, but also to eat. All for free! Yaaaaaay Nurse Joy!

Will we be able to buy/obtain fishing poles to catch certain pokemon? And if we do, once we pull in the pokemon, are they considered caught? Or noes?

Queen of Ice wrote:
Baby wrote:Will we be able to buy/obtain fishing poles to catch certain pokemon? And if we do, once we pull in the pokemon, are they considered caught? Or noes?

Well, I was thinking that you'd more or less wait by the water for a fish Pokémon, but I guess a fishing rod would be interesting. How about this:

A fishing rod will be available, and using to catch a Pokémon allows you to capture it straight off the line (so obviously you won't be catching any Gyarados).

Otherwise you will have to wait by the water and battle a fish Pokémon to catch it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Baby
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 1ofthechosen on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:25 am

AFter i have 10 posts will i be able to have my character accepted??

1ofthechosen
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:32 am

@1ofthechosen- Whenever you are able to send me a complete application I will look it over.

Your pokemon gains new moves based on their level right or by going to the Move Tutor?

Both.

Your pokemon will evolve when they reach the appropriate level or when you say so?

Again, both. When the conditions for evolution are met, you will be allowed to determine if your Pokémon evolves or not.

Are we allowed to post images here if they're related to Pokemon? ...I know some people don't like images making the threads all long and stuff.

You have my permission to make a picture thread. Just tag it with my approval like Baby did.

Oh right, we won't be able to use fish pokemon on land, will we?

We'll go with they magically float and not think too hard about it. :)

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 1ofthechosen on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:35 am

I submitted a charaction application two days ago with your reqesting information and in the correct format. If I am missing something please let me know. Thank you

1ofthechosen
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:36 am

1ofthechosen wrote:I submitted a charaction application two days ago with your reqesting information and in the correct format. If I am missing something please let me know. Thank you

You're missing the private message of a Pokémon battle that serves as your writing sample. I guess that's what you need 10 posts for?

Whenever I get everything I will look it over. :)

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 1ofthechosen on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:39 am

thats the problem I cant make a private message or reply to the one you sent me.

1ofthechosen
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:09 am

Okay, I got one: Makeshift attacks.

Can I use the environment itself as an attack. For example, can my Torchic grab a twig, and smack you in the face with it? Or maybe push a boulder down a hill that you were conviently running up?
'The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate. Entrusing his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana are the means by which all is revealed. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:16 am

Rarikou wrote:Okay, I got one: Makeshift attacks.

Can I use the environment itself as an attack. For example, can my Torchic grab a twig, and smack you in the face with it? Or maybe push a boulder down a hill that you were conviently running up?

Yes. Just remember though, your Torchic is not a samurai, and if it attempts to act like one it will most likely lose to real Pokémon attacks. So don't get too environment happy.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr.Johnapillar on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:59 am

If NPC battles are done via PM, How exactly are we supposed to double battle? I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around it right now...

Mr.Johnapillar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:04 am

Hehe, I should've thought that one through!

We can only do that if everyone is present and available via some kind of chat, huh?

Let me edit my post and you guys should go ahead and find a single battle for now. XD Oops!

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:14 am

Because I hate doing things twice, I want to be sure about things the first time.

So I am at the Gym with Kuro and in my next post, I will post to fill in the blanks and look for a battle. This is where I then PM Baby and we do the battle that way. Once finished, I post the results neatly in my next post. Then I do the same with the other trainer, up until the point when I reach the master and leave the gym.

My questions are:

1. Is this right?

2. If I must go to the pokemon center, can I do so quickly and return to the gym? Or will the healing process take a while and then I am free to return?

3. Potions work instantaneously right? Magically healing injury or ailment, like in the games.

4. Are potions the only way to heal your pokemon on the go?

5. Must I really travel all the way to the pokemart, to buy a potion. Or can I just subtract the money from my character and act as if I had one the entire time, as long as I don't do so in battle?

6. If I leave the gym, do I have to battle my way to the top again?
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:46 pm

@ number 6: No. Once you defeat one trainer you cannot fight that trainer again.

Baby
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:56 pm

Now my turn for a question :3

What about a tradeable pokemon? Like a Magmar holding the Magnimazer (i think that is what it is). Would I just level it up, or would I have to trade it then trade it back (assuming the person is willing to return it to me)

Sorence
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:11 pm

Also, can pokemon heal by taking a nap? Like 1 hour real time without posting?

Baby
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:24 pm

flysociety wrote:Because I hate doing things twice, I want to be sure about things the first time.

So I am at the Gym with Kuro and in my next post, I will post to fill in the blanks and look for a battle. This is where I then PM Baby and we do the battle that way. Once finished, I post the results neatly in my next post. Then I do the same with the other trainer, up until the point when I reach the master and leave the gym.

My questions are:

1. Is this right?

2. If I must go to the pokemon center, can I do so quickly and return to the gym? Or will the healing process take a while and then I am free to return?

3. Potions work instantaneously right? Magically healing injury or ailment, like in the games.

4. Are potions the only way to heal your pokemon on the go?

5. Must I really travel all the way to the pokemart, to buy a potion. Or can I just subtract the money from my character and act as if I had one the entire time, as long as I don't do so in battle?

6. If I leave the gym, do I have to battle my way to the top again?

1) Yes.

2) A trip to the Pokémon Center requires a post from me, so you'll have to go, let me post that your Pokémon are healed, then post again saying you went back.

3) Yes.

4) Well, potions, berries, anything you would do in the game. Those are the only forms of instant recovery. Letting a Pokémon rest for long enough will suffice on the road, but it won't be the same as going to the Pokémon Center.

5) As long as you don't do it in battle that sounds fine since you're busy trying to conquer the Gym.

6) Nope.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackest blade on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Could I make a new NPC character, who would be my character's rival? And I mean more of a permanent character.

Forget I even asked...

blackest blade
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackest blade on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:45 pm

I gotta know two things:

1: How are we going to use fossil pokemon? Are we going to have some random place where they can bring them back, or are we not going to bother?

2: How are we going to do the weird evolutions? Like trading, happiness and places where they have to level up to evolve.

blackest blade
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:58 pm

1) I'm probably just going to let you run into them in the wild. I'm still thinking that one over to be honest.

2) Trading, you'll have to trade. Happiness, I'll be the judge. Stones, you'll have to get them. Leveling up in a specific place - that would be Leafeon and Glaceon right? They will have places that you'll have to find. For the most part it will remain just like the game. Don't worry, you'll get the opportunity to get evolution stones and trade and do everything you need to evolve your Pokémon. :)

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Question - passage of time... will you be in charge of that? Such as when it starts to get dark and we should all be sleeping or looking for a place to stay - and also the weather and such.
~Cienpher~ GM of "That's Not an Omelette"

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!