Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Nightbane

Nightbane

a part of “Nightbane”, a fictional universe by Vain.

In a world where monsters and magic are all to real, evil rules from the shadows. But there is hope. The Resistance fights back against the Nightlords, monster against monster. They are Nightbane.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Nightbane”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Nightbane

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:52 pm

So I take it that the Seekers are a helpful bunch? I was thinking of something like a supply line, Where Knoll takes a thing of supplies to the Underground Railroad, and keeping them up-to-date on their end of the tasks. I'm not quite sure on their relationship.

Or perhaps I can go out, warning groups of humans of the danger they seek, and try to recruit them. What do you think, Vain. Maybe that, and slaying an NPC Nightbane who tries to rob them. Let me hear your thoughts before I work on something like that.
'The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate. Entrusing his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana are the means by which all is revealed. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:56 pm

Ah thank you. That does help Vain.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:20 am

@Rarikou At the moment the relationship between the Seeker's and the Underground Railroad is tentative at best. Sharing information would be common, but seeing as the Seeker's haven't made themselves widely known until just recently the Underground Railroad wouldn't trust them completely.

Recruiting people is fine and would be part of the tasks a mage of the Seeker's would be expected to perform. Also, open offensives against Nightlord controlled areas aren't unheard of, but the mages must be careful to cover their trails or the Nightlords could trace their high PPE levels back to their HQ. Remember, Nightlords feed off of peoples life energy and thus are very keen on sensing it as well as other energies in the body.

@Solana Your welcome.
There is a place within each of us where we cannot escape the truth; where virtue sits as judge. To admit the truth of our actions is to go before that court, where process is irrelevant. Good and evil are intents, and intent is without excuse.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aixulram on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:19 am

Solana, what you said earlier is true. In my opinion, it's REALLY creepy how similar our tastes are in rpg's.
Kick her ass, Misty! Show her who Ash's true lover is!

Aixulram
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Timothy on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Posted, just thought I'd let you know. Also, do tell if I got something wrong :S
"This apocalypse must end. It is not sanctioned by me - I simply do not have the time for it!"

Timothy
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:33 pm

We need more people. :<

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diesel_Blue25 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:28 am

I will be gone till monday.

Diesel_Blue25
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Timothy on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:11 pm

@ SolanaNight: I could ask some friends if they want to join, if you're concerned that we're too few (:

Also, to all of you, I'm sorry if my last post was terrible. English is a difficult language when your mind is tired :P

Timothy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:56 pm

@Diesel No problem. Thanks for letting us know.

@Timothy & Solana I'm gonna post a roleplayers wanted thread. I'll ask a few of my friends on here to.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zadar97 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:23 pm

Okay, I got my first post in. Please tell me if I got anything wrong.

I don't think I wrote too much, but I will write some more soon.

zadar97
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:28 pm

@Zadar No, your post was fine.

Oh, one things I forgot to mention. The hound isn't a Nightbane, though your characters might not know that. It's a minion of the Nightlords brought over from the Nightlands. It is and always has been a monster.

Vain
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Timothy on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Being a civilian, my character probably isn't able to tell the difference either way :P

Timothy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zadar97 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Aren't the nightlords nightbanes too? Or are they a different more powerful species?

zadar97
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:22 pm

I don't really have much I can do right now... does anyone have any ideas?

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:44 pm

@Zadar No, the Nightlords aren't Nightbane. They are an extradementional race of Psychic Vampires that feed off of peoples Life Force and Psychic Energy. They come from the Nightlands and used Dark Day to weaken the boundary between their world and ours. Potentially they are much more powerful than any standard Nightbane which is why their are so many fighting them.

As for where things can go, I'd like to find a way to get some of your characters together and eventually I'd like to have a final culmination of a fight with the Nightlord Moloch. This will come much later of course. I think I'm going to make some more NPCs for leaders of the Resistance and the like so you can have more to interact with. If anyone has any plot ideas I'm open for suggestions. Don't worry I don't bite.

Vain
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zadar97 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Are the nightbanes also from that dimension or were they always on earth? And also, what would be the power level of the different types of minions, from 1 to 100 with me (an experienced guardian) being 50?

zadar97
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Nightbane have alway been on Earth as far as historical records go. Most believe their change is somehow influenced by the Nightlands.

Minions

Night Princes: Ba'al-Zebul are the highest ranking minions of the Nightlords and are masters of illusion. 80
Avatars: The Ba'al possess the ability to create a being that is a lesser version of itself. These are very powerful and are usually loyal to the Ba'al that created them. 90
Doppelgangers: Supernaturally strong copies of humans, they dwell in the Nightlands and live their lives in a haze unless something awakens them. They are considered playthings for the Ba'al if actual humans are not available. They have lower Potential Psychic Energy and minor psychic abilities (but a low incidence of master psionics). They are usually the opposite of their human counterparts on Earth. 20
Ashmedai: Shapeshifting worm-like monsters. 30
The Hollow Men: Bug-like creatures that create humanoid constructs to move about in. 15
Hounds: The shock troops, these armored warriors are the core of the Ba'al fighting force. 40
Hunters: Winged versions of the Hounds. 60
Great Hounds: A twelve-foot high version of the Hounds. 70
Doppelganger Warlord: A more powerful version of the Doppelganger. When a Doppelganger proves itself to their Nightlord Masters, they go through an alchemical process to be transformed into a Warlord. 50

Vain
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zadar97 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:34 am

Great, and last questions (Sorry),
What do the nightlords think the guardians as? Threat-wise.
And approximately how many of each more powerful minions are there?

Sorry for so many questions!

zadar97
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Threat-wise the Nightlords respect the Guardian's abilities, but their main focus is on the Nightbane. As for minions they have almost an unlimited supply as they can bring them over from their world as they need. Not only that, but the Nightlords have control of most of the major nations of the world so their reach is far and wide.

Vain
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diesel_Blue25 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:56 pm

Im back guys :D lol

Diesel_Blue25
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!