Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Deliverance (Post-Apocalyptic Zombie RP)

Chapter Planning/Suggestion/Discussion

a part of “Deliverance (Post-Apocalyptic Zombie RP)”, a fictional universe by GK061490.

The end of times has come. A mysterious infection ravages the whole world, turning the populace into deadly cannibalistic monstrosities. In this dying world, can you remain hopeful?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Deliverance (Post-Apocalyptic Zombie RP)”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Chapter Planning/Suggestion/Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GK061490 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:52 pm

As the title says, if you want to suggest a general story for one of the five chapters of Deliverance submit it here for approval and discussion. You can also help me and other players in planning out events that will happen in a particular chapter.

As for the first chapter, it will naturally be an introductory chapter that will allow characters to get to know each other as well as get an idea of the situation in Ashcroft. Events that will affect future chapters should ideally happen in Chapter 1. For the name, I was thinking maybe that it would be "Welcome to Ashcroft" though I am open for other names for Chapter 1.

CHAPTER LIST SO FAR:

Chapter 1 - Welcome to Ashcroft
Chapter 2 - Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust
Chapter 3 - Cause and Effect
Chapter 4 - Brothers Till the End
Chapter 5 - End Game
Last edited by GK061490 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GK061490
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Chapter Planning/Suggestion/Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:26 pm

"Dust to dust, Ashes to ashes (or Ashcroft)"- off the top of my head.
what kind of plot event do we have in mind to introduce the characters seeing as they are mostly varied in several aspects?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Architect
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GK061490 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Hmm, I think that title is more suited for Chapter 2 or Chapter 3 or when tension between the survivors of St. Claire and the Steel Wolves heat up.

As for a plot event, We will start of with the Wayward meeting up with the faction they will be joining. For St. Claire's the major plot in this chapter would be the survivors trying to convince Deacon Hale to fight back against the Steel Wolves due to growing tension. As for the Steel Wolves, the major plot even here is (if we're gonna be able to recruit someone to play the anarchist) the anarchist plotting to kidnap Deacon Hale to muddle the survivor's ranks. I don't wanna spoil stuff so I'll leave some of the detail out for now.

Anyways, these events will have an effect in the later chapters and I was planning for the survivors of St. Claire and the Steel Wolves to have a clash of sorts.

Anything else you might want to suggest?

GK061490
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GK061490 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:46 am

Oh and just a teeny spoiler for things to come in this RP.

DO NOT expect a happily ever after. I'm leaning towards an ending with ambiguity, like it is up to the imagination to decide what will be the ultimate fate of each character.

GK061490
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlet Bullets on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:24 pm

I got a few titles for ya. Throw them in any chapter you feel but I pick them to best match what going on in the roleplay.

1.) Lone wolfs (maybe a farther in chapter or ending chapter... >.>)

2.) A new government (I think you know where that may need to go... >.>)

3.) Not all dogs go to heaven. (Cheesy I know, but being that one side is around faith and the other around wolfs...)

4.) Dead end. (Yup...)

5.) The tainted holy land. (More on the story away from the steel wolfs.)

6.) Brothers till the end. (You may call it a gears of war reference but it's more of certain players in the story fighting off overwhelming odds. A more ending chapter or later chapter.)

7.) Even death hates conflict. (middle chapters?)

'Thats all I got so far...' >.>
"Don't be shocked, that people die. Be surprised, your still alive."

Scarlet Bullets
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GK061490 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:52 am

Brothers Till the End sounds like a good title and I think I'll use that for Chapter 4!

Also here's a short summary of the events that I am planning for each chapter.

Chapter 1 is the introductory chapter and it will let the newcomers to Ashcroft to get to know the people in Ashcroft as well as the situation between the two factions. The major event in this chapter would be a raid orchestrated by The Anarchist to St. Claire's Church which is meant to provoke the other faction. During the raid, one of the survivor's friend/friends die, causing them to seek vengeance against the steel wolves.

Chapter 2 is has more action than the previous chapter. In this chapter, the leader of the Steel Wolves ends up taking the blame for the failed raid at St. Claire's Church. The survivors go against the deacon's will and attacks a Steel Wolves hideout. A massive fight erupts but it is interrupted by a group of infected and it ends up with heavy casualties on both sides, mostly due to the infected. One of the characters in the St. Claire side will get infected during the fight and the supply of Daylight (suppressant drug) is running low. As for the Steel Wolves, the gang starts to get divided as some of them want get some payback for the fight that broke out.

Chapter 3 involves the aftermath of events after a failed skirmish from the survivors of St. Claire against the Steel Wolves. It will also tackle the gang's reaction to their leader for the attack, urging him to take offense against the survivors. Perhaps the gang will also be divided in half in this chapter. The infected survivor in St. Claire finds out that there is another person in the church that needs daylight. Desperation arises and he/she will be forced to make a choice of killing that other person or hoping that the infection doesn't claim him/her. The supply brought by GIEI will also arrive in this chapter.

Chapter 4 contains even more depressing news for the survivors. Rescue from the Blue Zone will arrive in a few days but the survivors find out an inconvenient truth about life in the Blue Zone. The separist faction of the Steel Wolves conduct guerrilla movements against the leader's faction, stealing their supplies as well as killing off his members one by one. A secret meeting between the deacon and the gang leader will happen.

Chapter 5 is of course where the ending will happen. Expect a lot of action, bloodshed, and drama in this chapter as all the stories will come to conclusion here. As I've stated earlier, the RP will have an ambiguous ending where it will be up to everyone to decide the fate of the characters. It will involve SOME of the characters leaving Ashcroft.

GK061490
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlet Bullets on Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:55 pm

Chapter 3- A split pack and the struggle for daylight or 'War for survival'

chapter 5- Not what you call a happy ending or 'It will all be over soon.'

Scarlet Bullets
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GK061490 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Hmm how about...

Chapter 3 - Cause and Effect
Chapter 5 - In Retrospect

GK061490
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AthenaUndying on Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:20 pm

What about End Game for chapter 5?

AthenaUndying
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GK061490 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:12 pm

Ooh I like that, Athena.

GK061490
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlet Bullets on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:18 pm

( Now, I was not really sure where to put this so this seemed to be the best for the story of the chapters. )

Rules of the steel wolfs...

Rule 1: Do not question, anger, or offend the leader. Punishment: What he sees fit.

Rule 2: If you wish to eat, you do work. Once your job is done you report it, and receive a meal. Each member gets two meals a day if the jobs are met. No one gets any extra unless told by the leader.

Rule 3: Respect each member, but not the outsiders. Anyone who is not a steel wolf should be treated at the very least with a cruel state of mind. They are not are friends, and neither are we. Expect no kindness. Recruitment works by the leader's ideal.

Rule 4: Kill the sick, kill the infected. If someone is too sick to move more than three days, he/she will be considered infected no matter what and will be killed unless said otherwise by the leader.

Rule 5: No killing other members unless betrayal, illness, or endangerment of the gang.

Rule 6: No sex in anyway shape or form. We do not have the works to raise children. Punishment: Death of female and/or death of child by male hands. You make it, you kill it.

Rule 7: All recruits must receive training of one week before opened to fool meals. All members must know how to fend for themselves and take shifts on guard duty.

Punishments: Kicked out, Hanging, embarrassment and humiliation, leaders ideal.

Scarlet Bullets
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GK061490 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Coolbeans~!

I'll post this in the Introduction tab later so the other wolves can read it.

Posted with Glen BTW.

*hammers Dante's buttons*

GK061490
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!