Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign

A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign

a part of “A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign”, a fictional universe by FaeFire.

This is the official RP tab for the Dungeons and Dragons Campaign hosted by FaeFire and DM'd by Cheater0611. Enter... if you dare! Mwhahahah

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Or maybe I should be a necromancer... hmm...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Yeah, that's the big problem with all of this. When you're making it, you're all like "You know what, this is cool and all, but I could also do..." and so forth.

Part of me actually wants to make a pure Swordsage or Warblade and just use the PrCs from Tome of Battle.

You know what, I might actually do that, since it'll be a lot less troublesome than my Warlock build, and it's a lot less hassle.
fisssh

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zetta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:54 pm

Zetta wrote:Yeah, that's the big problem with all of this. When you're making it, you're all like "You know what, this is cool and all, but I could also do..." and so forth.

Part of me actually wants to make a pure Swordsage or Warblade and just use the PrCs from Tome of Battle.

You know what, I might actually do that, since it'll be a lot less troublesome than my Warlock build, and it's a lot less hassle.

I should just do a Wizard/Ur-Priest/Mystic Theurge for ultimate hax.

edit: Actually... hmmm...

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:33 pm

I do believe I'll stick with my bard base... Like I said, the idea of talking my way out of situations.

The next class however... I have no idea. I played with the thought of a Virtuoso, but then the thought of an Evangelist came to mind, filling the bard role and the cleric role... But I don't like the idea of my main perform skill being Oratory (I like my songbird bard). Then there is the Seeker of the Song which I won't have access to for a while, but it really does look badass...

Oh yes, Seeker of the Song does indeed look badass. I think I'm going to retailer my character to strive for that class. And fix some of the issues in my sheet.

There:

http://i42.tinypic.com/4t7b01.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/23m0x1u.jpg
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:32 pm

All right, how's this:

I start out with Factotum3/Bard1/Swashbuckler1, with the intention of then going into Chameleon (to qualify for casting third levels spells quicker than bard levels, with other bonuses like a floating feat), Ur-Priest (for fast track divine casting), Sublime Chord (for fast track arcane casting), and then finishing out with Mystic Theurge.

In the end, I'll get access to 9th level cleric and wizard spells, plus having a few minor bennies (a couple uses of the low-level bardic music abilities, uses of rebuke undead, getting intelligence as a bonus to a few things, a floating feat, and some neat skill possibilities).

Kind of a schizo build, and it doesn't really pay off until much later, but it might be fun to play conceptually as a Red Mage of sorts.

edit: Gonna change it. I won't be able to show up tomorrow, if we start though.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Heya Guys! Gals! Whatevers!

I updated the RP tab a little bit and I've decided we best post our character in the RP Tab. Create a character profile for 'em just so we know what we have. I'm waiting for cheater to reply with something before I post my character.

Love,
Fae
"Pain is madatory, Misery is Optional"

Well, we can't salute ya, Can't fly the flag. If that don't suit ya, well that's a drag!!!

FaeFire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Yeah, I've decided to run a pure melee character. Well, as melee as stuff from Tome of Battle gets, especially when I'll be using a Spiked Chain.

Anyways, Cheater, I've got a question. With the 9000 gold limit, I assume that I can let my character have a couple of enhanced weapons or armor?

Zetta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:10 am

Posting my character later today, still no reply from cheater.

FaeFire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:44 am

Here's my character sheet.

I still need to add some extra equipment, but it's nothing too much.
Last edited by Zetta on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zetta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:29 am

FaeFire wrote:Posting my character later today, still no reply from cheater.

If cheater doesn't get back to us, I'll pick up the DM baton again.

Though, again, I won't be available tonight unless you guys want to be at a little after 9 p.m. CST.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:08 pm

I won't be availible tonight at all. Something just came up and It reeaaaalllyy pisses me off. Maybe we can try for a session some other day this weekend and then try and get on the friday schedule. Damnit Cheater!!

FaeFire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamerXx on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:31 pm

If there's any room, I was wondering if I may join?

I have a lot of experience, and I DM and PC for a big group on a semi-regular basis

I'm a Dreamer, Poet, Lover, and Friend, and I will always have open arms.

DreamerXx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:34 pm

FaeFire wrote:I won't be availible tonight at all. Something just came up and It reeaaaalllyy pisses me off. Maybe we can try for a session some other day this weekend and then try and get on the friday schedule. Damnit Cheater!!

I work the next two nights. So... maybe we should just wait until next Friday.

Also: That sucks. I kind of just had the same thing happen to me.

DreamerXx wrote:If there's any room, I was wondering if I may join?

I have a lot of experience, and I DM and PC for a big group on a semi-regular basis

Yes.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:22 pm

If we start next Friday, that gives me far more time to get my character sheet in order. I'm still debating whether to go pure Warblade - 'cause of the sexy capstone ability - or take dips in Crusader and Fighter. And I've got to figure out how I'm gonna sort out my equipment.

Zetta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:36 pm

lol guyz, nu rulz, epic level gestalt campain kthnxbai.

(ok, just kidding)

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:06 pm

As badass as that sounds, that would totally tear the already feeble hold I have into tiny little pieces...

*Would totally roll a Cleric/Bard*

So, since we seem to have another week...

What books are you guys using?

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:28 pm

Speaking of which... if anyone has a limited selection of books and would like to see more, let me know and I can, ahem. Hook you up.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:35 pm

Heh. Gestalt characters. I've always thought the concept was silly. Although, now that you brought it up, I wonder what a Gestalt Warblade (or the unarmed Swordsage variant)/Warlock would be capable of achieving. Maneuvers AND Eldritch claws sounds delicious.

Also, Talisman, I'm mostly using stuff from Tome of Battle to build my character. Right now, his race is from Magic of Incarnum, but I'm thinking of just dropping him to being Human and adjusting my build around, so that I get to pick up Adaptive Style at level 1.

Again, Iron Heart Spiked Chain ftw.

Zetta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:30 am

Zetta wrote:Heh. Gestalt characters. I've always thought the concept was silly. Although, now that you brought it up, I wonder what a Gestalt Warblade (or the unarmed Swordsage variant)/Warlock would be capable of achieving. Maneuvers AND Eldritch claws sounds delicious.

I'm a versatility whore, and a hybridization whore, so I like putting different classes together to see what synergizes. I'd love the opportunity to play that, but, the problem is, most normal players think gestalt is ridiculous, and anyone actually doing it would be too munchkiny for my tastes. So, I'm hosed when it comes to that.

My ideal game would be a high-level gestalt game, where each character has multiple options, with little to no actual "level ups", but rather intermittent gaining of abilities (like a bonus feat or skill point now and then), and instead of focusing on a growing power scale, focus rather on many different sorts of challenges, and using the skills they already have in different ways.

Which is why I like high-power games. Not to powergame, but rather, because I don't want to dick around gaining all those levels, I want to start out with them, and enjoy them, and see all the different things I can do with what I already have.

I wouldn't do a truly epic game, though, because after Level 20, it starts to get ridiculous. If I went that route, no one would gain levels, they'd gain additional skills and such now and then, but not have huge masses of hit points or whatever, and the campaign would focus more on using existing skills and prepwork to fight threats outside their by-the-book weight class.

Another thing that I've always wanted to test out is an alternate form of multiclassing that involves rules similar to the gestalt, in which instead of doing:

Fighter 1
Level 2 (fighter 2): 1000 XP
Level 3 (wizard 1): 3000 XP

And spending your 2k xp on another hit die and level 1 abilities, you'd instead pay like 500 xp to get "Wizard 1" but instead of buying a level, you just buy the abilities. And then you scale up in each class separately. It needs work, but I think it'd be interesting to work it out.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamerXx on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:19 am

alright! I'm excited =^_^=

is there any particular role you need me to fill? I'm a fairly versatile player, and I'm confident enough in my abilities to play anything you need me to.

DreamerXx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!