Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

periculum Town

periculum Town

a part of “periculum Town”, a fictional universe by No-one-special.

One hero time to stand against a series of villains. The people on the side all caught up in tales one could only dream of. The mad run around and the cunning are cutting up the biggest parts of the stake for themselves. All that stopping them is one man.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “periculum Town”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

periculum Town

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:25 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "periculum Town"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: periculum Town

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Woo ready to start off. I think I will tyake villian one's spot ^ ^. This can be a dark rp right?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SilverInk
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BelleOceane on Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Can i reserve the hero's sidekick spot? I'd like to wait, though so i can see what the hero is like ^^ If you want, though, i'll do it now...

BelleOceane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:06 pm

SilverInk wrote:Woo ready to start off. I think I will tyake villian one's spot ^ ^. This can be a dark rp right?

Yeah. Within reason. I mean..I don't want the whole chapters to be devoted to endless gore but dark, gritty and serious subject can be introduced no problem. Well, the Villain spots and hero spots it more who makes the best characters get them, same with the hero himself. Their four spots open. I won't mostly be accepting sheets as soon as they come in. So you'll mostly get a shot by just submitting one and me reading it with the others. If that makes any sense.

Yeah. I'll let you reserve the hero side kick. It would be best to wait for him like you said.and that is the only way you can do that I guess and since it was a little more Minor I'll let it be reserved.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Alright I won't get into my character's mental issues too much, but give you enough info so that you know she is off the wall, bat in the belfrey crazy.

So just use the format provided with a few added catagories?

SilverInk
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:28 pm

SilverInk wrote:Alright I won't get into my character's mental issues too much, but give you enough info so that you know she is off the wall, bat in the belfrey crazy.

So just use the format provided with a few added catagories?

Woops. Forgot to add a character sheet format. Thanks. I don't make RPs alot you see. I also added some rules-for some reason my first write out didn't go through-

Crazy is fine. To an extent. They might still need to be able to commit crime and organize things-one mad serial killer isn't going to be a big challenge for a hero even if they are smart and sneaky-

Pretty much. Write up all you can about your character. Who they are, their past. You probably should go somewhat into their mental health and how they have them since that it no doubt going to be a big part of your character. What skills they have, what are they like...ectr ectr.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Alright, sounds good. Will have my bio up soon.

SilverInk
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Kinda confused on the support cast. Like is it the side character we will be playing when our villian isn't up? Or is it a kinda optional thing?

SilverInk
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:53 pm

SilverInk wrote:Kinda confused on the support cast. Like is it the side character we will be playing when our villian isn't up? Or is it a kinda optional thing?

No. It permanent and none optional.

for example...lets say that your character has a strong relationship with his mother and she the main reason for why he comes a crook, well for your episode someone would have to play as your mother for that episode. My support role is kind of permanent because he'll be the general therapist. If someone takes on the role of police chief then yeah he would most likely be present most of the episodes.

But if a support role is permanent pretty much totally depends on their importance to the overall story in all episodes and there won't be many roles capable of doing that. No, its not optional. You can try to second someone constantly there in all episodes like the police chief or maybe hero's butler-if he has one(we don't know yet)-but there only so many of those roles. When they are out you're probably have to be a temp support role made for each episode.
Last edited by No-one-special on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:24 pm

Posted in the original thread, I will likely try to get my villain app up before I leave for the night. If/when it is my go around, I'll try not to abuse gore too much, but it is probably a fairly regular occurrence for my guy.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:33 pm

Alright now offically working on my bio.

SilverInk
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:36 pm

El_Gringo wrote:Posted in the original thread, I will likely try to get my villain app up before I leave for the night. If/when it is my go around, I'll try not to abuse gore too much, but it is probably a fairly regular occurrence for my guy.

I replied.

Welp, I don't have any real agendas against gore. The somewhat semi-hard edge attitude is to help people understand that we want it in good taste for character development. This will have dark subjects so I won't flip out if a scene or two have something nasty.

I just didn't want people joining and making their chapter a parade of in depth gory murder victims.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:11 am

I don't plan on doing that, even if it is more what my character is about.

I'm going to submit my character as is. I covered the basics of what you wanted. Feel free to not accept yet if you don't feel it is up to par, I haven't fleshed out the supporting part very much. I can go in and edit it up to flesh things out.

So what I send now consider a rough draft, keeping in mind the same allowance for errors since it is getting late here. Hit me back with specifics you may want more on or if you have a problem with my character at all. If he is a character you don't envision fitting what you had in mind, just say it. I think it will be a good one though.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:37 am

Ok my bio is now in. I hope it wasn't too dark, I wanted my character to show that she wasn't to be pityed. As for my support I will get into him more later.

If there is anything I need to fix let me know ^^

SilverInk
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:19 pm

SilverInk wrote:Ok my bio is now in. I hope it wasn't too dark, I wanted my character to show that she wasn't to be pityed. As for my support I will get into him more later.

If there is anything I need to fix let me know ^^

Hey, Silver. I read your profile. There no real issues over all...well, slightly over whelming for all these negative male roles. I think...though, that this may be due it being explained in a quick paragraph and when its given proper pacing in its own episode it will most likely be far more believable because it will have breathing space between each action.

Besides that, I can't see anything really that wrong with it. I think I may accept this but I would like you to go over it again just quickly. There some minor issues-like double wording(where you use the same word a sentence from another. It isn't a story breaker but it makes look more nicer in general. There also so minor errors generally here and there)

Besides that I believe if this character is given proper space to present her issues without rush she could be a very interesting character with a lot of possible growth and moral/emotional conflict. Due to her potential from her design I will let this one can go through.

I am interested in getting a micro view of her transition from oppressed to angry in her episode and how she changes to a killer. I have given it some thought though and I would like to introduce a positive male figure to her support cast if that is ok with you. I think this will present a crack in her experience that can present issues and twist to her character. For this part I was thinking a detective of the raid who tried to help her but your character experience with men and cops(obviously they wouldn't be good to her considering her life style) made her turn him down(how, why she turns him down is totally open to change. I want him to remain a good force in her life though, even if its brief)

You don't have to accept this suggestion but I would like to know what you think of it.
Last edited by No-one-special on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:38 pm

El_Gringo wrote:I don't plan on doing that, even if it is more what my character is about.

I'm going to submit my character as is. I covered the basics of what you wanted. Feel free to not accept yet if you don't feel it is up to par, I haven't fleshed out the supporting part very much. I can go in and edit it up to flesh things out.

So what I send now consider a rough draft, keeping in mind the same allowance for errors since it is getting late here. Hit me back with specifics you may want more on or if you have a problem with my character at all. If he is a character you don't envision fitting what you had in mind, just say it. I think it will be a good one though.

Sorry, If It sounded like I placed you under the assumption that you may do that. I assure you that I do have rather good impressions of you so far.

Now, I did read this draft. I won't lie...it did take me aback a little at first to be frank. I was leaning heavily to a "No" but as I read on and thought about it I think that I would have to reconsider that stance. On his own, his was a character I would not accept but when coupled with his history and the fact hes been alive so long I think that this character actually has a lot of potential for growth and perhaps some moral questions for everyone. Its risky though, This kind of format could become preachy but I like the show of ambition from your side.

I don' think I will be against this plot idea. However, I would like you to keep your character past vague and perhaps some of it kept out of the light even OOCly. Because your character been alive so long I think his past can flexible and have a lot going on with it and I don't it to be cemented totally as in "this happened" and "this did not happen" in his world.I think what I am trying to say is I think he should be explored like a ruin himself which would fit his supernatural existence and his almost ancient level of experience. In his change from the indoctrinated childhood he had to exist in a world that pretty much go against ideals and has worked rather well opposing his beliefs I consider to be a very good line for character growth.

Because your characters very extreme views though and obvious capabilities I think it will make sense to have possible police support cast in this too. Even if it just a single detective or a normal cop possibly one who has heavily studied or was very close to his grandfather that was in the war.

Besides that, I would like it if you could give me a little bit more of a description on his looks.

I won't force you to do anything. If you want to make your characters past detailed and very solid to as where has been, who has meet and what he has done(so far we only really know his more nazi based endeavors)then I won't stop you. My input is merely a suggestion. I am also open to any disagreement about my support cast input.
Last edited by No-one-special on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Now. I've given out some suggestion I would like to ask for some input from you guys.

I've been thinking about Thane's position and how Dialogue would be heavy and question filled. I was thinking of maybe doing it in chat then if possible but...well, to be honest my hand haven't dealt with chat in years upon years and I'm rather worried about typo'ing alot.

It can be done in forum but it may take a little while. I am also considering doing an interview for each villain at the end of every episode instead of just one interview at the end of that villain episode.

If we do not get a hero or we do and not any more villains. I will double down myself.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Alright, thank you for your feedback, I do like the idea of another support character trying to bring her back into the 'light' so to speak. As for my other issues, I will go over it real quick agqain as you suggested. As for your mention of having a postive male support, would I have to design that one myself or will someone else be taking care of it?

Can't wait to rping ^ ^. As for her transition from doll-like to killer I am know I am going to have fun doing that. I just hope that things don't become too rushed you know?

SilverInk
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:18 pm

SilverInk wrote:Alright, thank you for your feedback, I do like the idea of another support character trying to bring her back into the 'light' so to speak. As for my other issues, I will go over it real quick agqain as you suggested. As for your mention of having a postive male support, would I have to design that one myself or will someone else be taking care of it?

Can't wait to rping ^ ^. As for her transition from doll-like to killer I am know I am going to have fun doing that. I just hope that things don't become too rushed you know?

Well, there no real rush for each person episode. I think it will work out for everyone. As long as we relax and try to keep to the plot both as main and support everything should go fine.

Your welcome to design it, But I have no issue designing it either myself. I do think the cop.detective would make most sense for that but if you design it then your welcome to make him whatever you like.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:21 pm

I trust your judgement for the support design ^ ^ so have at it.

SilverInk
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!