Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hashshashin

Hashshashin

a part of “Hashshashin”, a fictional universe by MiraMija.

Assassins make their home in the 'New World' to try and rebuild their fractured brotherhood.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Hashshashin”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Hashshashin

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:51 am

Ah, now there'll be a fascinating relationship I hadn't thought of. I love the idea of the whole religion barrier, especially since, functionally, they're really not so different - they're both used to hyper-disciplined, hyper-militaristic upbringings and were raised nearly from birth to be soldiers (the training of Teutonic Knights and Janissaries are surprisingly similar). I can even see the two becoming rivals, and later friends of sorts as the RP progresses.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:53 am

HmmHm. Janissaries at this time are still one of the scariest armies in the world. Since they all hold the best tech at the time, more disiplined, and also the fact that they think that bayonets are "infidel" weapons so they just use melee instead. The Teutonics are slowly becoming obsolete (more than the Janissaries anyway) but are still like "Hey, I can still kick your ass."

So combat wise it is the classic match off between guns and swords.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:31 pm

The main benefit of the Teutonic Knights over the Janissaries is their extreme indoctrination; their faith in God was so great that they would literally keep fighting until they were physically incapable. They were as much a group of monks as they were an army. However, they didn't use guns as much, still favouring heavy melee weaponry; for this reason, they were mostly used as shock troops by the Prussian army (who by this stage was raising regular, gun-armed military forces to replace the Teutonic Knights). The other great benefit they had over the Janissaries was their brutal pragmatism in hand-to-hand; speaking as a student of German swordsmanship, there is a lot of brutality that goes on. Far from the refined fighting you'll see in movies, grappling and punches were order of the day, and the standard means of finishing someone was jamming a knife between the eye slits of their helmet. German duels was never clean.

Suffice to say, there's a reason why Prussia was more or less the world's greatest military power proportionate to its population - as was once said by a historian, 'Most nations possess an army. Prussia is an army that possesses a nation.'

However, you're right about one thing - the Teutonic Knights were rapidly becoming obsolete. While their physical build and level of melee training rendered their army a juggernaut in close combat, their preference for Crusades-era technology and the fact that they rarely, if ever, utilised firearms was rendering them quickly obsolete. While at this stage in history heavy battle armour was still effective against guns, this was increasingly not the case. Between their armour and their faith, the Teutonic Knights were usually able to cross the field before they lost too many of their men to gunfire, but as I said, they were quickly becoming obsolete.

By the way, something that I forgot to mention in his profile is that Maximilian is an atheist - he's lost his faith in God, and renounced all Gods and masters when he left the Holy Order of the Teutonic Knights to become an assassin. That's all at this stage that I'm saying about his backstory, though.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MiraMija on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:29 pm

omg. history debate. Where have you been all my life!!! (even though I really don't know too much about that time period). I love history. But I just wanted to point out one thing, Roku. Your character is a teacher, not a mentor. The mentors are still the number one combatants, and not because I want my character to be strong than yours, but more of having a sort of system like in government or monarchy.

If you guys have ever played the first assassin's creed, the way they treat their mentor is the way that everyone should, with respect and like a sort of king. So yeah. My character is very loyal to those who he trusts. And I was going to ask you Zero if it would be cool if my character was trained by yours when he was very young.
Sofia Sartor: Who are you messer?
Ezio Auditore: Only the most interesting man in your life.

MiraMija
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:56 am

I wasn't having him be that strong. I was stating that Janissary corps' right now are one of the best standing armies in the world. His Leprosy prevents him from being a mentor because his body will eventually give in. So yeah, he will not see much action anytime soon with the exception of shooting his 9ft gun.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:07 am

Alright, fair enough. Probably more of a rival to the Janissary Corps at that stage in history would be Prussia's standing army, who at that point, were a recently-raised regiment combining the most advanced weaponry and training in the world with the extremely rigorous training. However, they lacked experience (mostly because nobody was stupid enough to go to war with Prussia, at least until the whole War of Austrian Succession mess), and didn't possess the borderline-psychotic faith that the Teutonic Knights (who technically served the Vatican, which was part of the reason behind Prussia's decision to raise its own army) had. Also, yes, I am a history nut - history is my life! If you want a good example, go watch Hetalia. History and humour intertwined with vast amounts of hilarious racism.

@MiraMija: Sure! I can definitely imagine that Maximilian would have been grooming his successor from quite early on, and indeed, in the early days of the American branch of the Order, would have doubled as a mentor. He's not quite as good as the current mentors, but he's still one of the organisation's top badasses. As mentioned in his profile, his black cloak and armour has become iconic, and synonymous with death (which is actually usually a disadvantage, as it limits his stealth ability by some margin).

Oh, that reminds me - I can see a plot arc at some stage which is effectively all a ruse by Maximilian to determine his successor.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Basically. Early on they were the best but when 1800 come around they will be usless. History is grand. Now remember that Khaj is wearing a mask that covers his face, It looks like this:

http://moonwolves.files.wordpress.com/2 ... eaven3.jpg

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:38 pm

anyone care if I fast forward to night time? Since it seems to be the time Zero and I need to function. But figured I should ask anyways

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:50 pm

Um...idk if I'm misunderstanding or if you are. Alyona never broke the wall.....
Real knowledge
is to know the extent
of one's ignorance.

Haas33
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Remember to stay in third person Thundergod.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oscarion on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 am

Good day can i have a short recap of what has happened so far? Also any advice on how to introduce my character to the others?

Oscarion
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Hey, for anybody who is interested...I have had a role-play going that involves assassins, but we really haven't been able to start it yet because not all spots are filled. There are two male spots open. If anybody is interested, check it out here http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/hunt-capture-and-kill/

Haas33
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Ahh good a student. So far everybody is arriving at the base. One of your teachers, Khaj, is in the main entrance. I would suggest going through there first to meet your future instructor.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MiraMija on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:57 pm

yeah. nothing much has happened. People are beginning to arrive at the base. Now I don't mind if people write in 1st person.

What I understood from the wall scene was that Alyona and Jason were punching at the wall and Camina broke it from the other side... which I have to admit, is not totally realistic. A wall is a wall. This wall in particular has been completely reinforced... So let us move on. The past is the past, big deal. The leader has just arrived. Let us continued from there.

MiraMija
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:30 am

Now see, you're viewing it as if it fixed itself after every punch. As you yourself stated, your character cracked the wall. From this conjecture, we can assume others have done so over the years. This in and of itself could weaken the wall, but this is where science gets fun. Since this is a basement in colonial times(for the sake of argument, the wall is what you would see in the basement of an older house), we can assume water gets in these cracks and causes freezing damage during winters, added onto the fact that Camina(Pronounced Kuh-MEE-na, by the way, not KAH-mee-nah, her name is derived from the Spanish word for travel.) is incredibly strong for her size(As previously mentioned), and you have a hole in the wall.
Don't piss me off. I will personally come to your house and tilt every painting I come across.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:05 am

So... Everyone's going to be rude and ignore the girl that walked in first/third, depending on how you want to look at it chronologically?

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Well three people are on the first floor now and Khaj just pulled out a gun on the mentor. So then a comment of the front door being unlocked was made in which Khaj did take that way in the first place. After all who expects a skilled assassin to come in from the front door?

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:07 pm

To Roku: Nice. Sort of ironic. people expect assassins to like sneak in. Or...ya know...punch a hole in the wall.
To thundergod: idk. I guess. It does make sense. Maybe I'm just overreacting. I just find it unreasonable that it made a hole in the wall. Maybe, it would make a crack, and some like bits of rubble would spurt out the other side, signaling Jason and Alyona of your arrival. Maybe I just don't like the fact that two mentors got for-lack-of-a-better-term "shown up" by another assassin.

Haas33
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:32 pm

That... was actually why I had her do that.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:23 am

yeah Haas that threw me off a bit, you started describing me and then you switched over to Roku. Glad you told me to disregard that bit.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!