Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Spring Rain and Havoc

Spring Rain and Havoc OOC

a part of “Spring Rain and Havoc”, a fictional universe by Marionette.

The wind brought flowers and trouble. Someone wants to steal something more valuable than anyone knows, and that someone will send monster after monster to do it. Can these adventurers protect what is precious to them?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Spring Rain and Havoc”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Spring Rain and Havoc OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Open and accepting!

Winged rodent-beasts attacked the market square, shattering the tranquility of a warm spring day. These snarling creatures fixed their attention on just a handful of the scattering crowd. Flanking their targets, the rodents gnashed their teeth and snapped their long tails like bullwhips.

What is it that connects these unlucky pedestrians? One thing: each carries an item with a glass gem. What would these creatures want with such simple trinkets? Do they pursue the sparkle with a raven-like zeal? No – there are plenty of shining baubles to be found at the market, and such beasts have never been near the town before now. That a flock should be passing by of its own accord is unlikely. Someone has deployed these beasts.

Even stranger: the glass gems begin to glow. It appears that these are no ordinary trinkets.

-❂-

The premise of this game is simple: each adventurer possesses a differently colored trinket, and someone is pursuing them. Someone wants these trinkets. Badly.

The trinket may have come into your character's hands in any number of ways: they could have bought it, found it, received it as a gift. They might have even stolen it. Regardless, each trinket's ultimate origins are unknown. They aren't particularly impressive, either. Glass gems are beautiful -- but they are inexpensive and common. There was never any reason to think these were special.

Yet, special they are. When the trinkets first came together, they glowed. Over time, their true potential will unfold. Now, it's up to the group to decide: will they fight for their possessions? Will they band together? Where will they go, and how will they get there? These decisions must come soon, for monsters won't stop coming.
Last edited by Marionette on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RPs:
Spring Rain and Havoc | Witch's Diary | Winter Rose

Need RP advice? Feel free to PM me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marionette
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Re: Spring Rain and Havoc

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Suezanne on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:09 pm

Mat I reserve the red trinket?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Suezanne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:10 pm

Sure, Suezanne. :3

Marionette
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WakkaWakka on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:20 pm

I am going for the yellow crystal.

I will probably have the profile up in a bit.

WakkaWakka
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:29 pm

Okay, cool. I'll reserve it for you.

I have a first post pre-written, but I'm trying to figure out how to structure the game. Do you all prefer everything in one location (all posts would go in "A sparkling world..."), or do you like it better when the world is divided into different posting areas ("A sparkling world..." > Selian Empire > Mara's Ridge, etc.)?

edit: ... and "round glass gem" in the premise text was a typo. The gems can be whatever shape. xD

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Re: Spring Rain and Havoc OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychicBastard on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:39 pm

Can i reserve the White gem? :D
and the first option is what i'm somewhat used too, but i think i'd go with the different posting areas :o

aye, nevermind, i think it might not be best if i add another rp to the table ^^;
Image Image
Tumblr:
http://fokko-fennekin.tumblr.com/

Pesterchum:
psychicBastard or monochromeDreameater

PsychicBastard
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Aww, no problem. xD Feel free to come back if you get freed up.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:24 am

Welp, I think for now I'll just keep all the RP in one location because this isn't the sort of game where I map out the entire world. It's a lot faster and looser. We can always add separate locations later if it seems like a good idea. I'm going to get the first post up.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TnevdaNai on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:43 am

Could you reserve the Black Trinket for me? :3
Also, are there any specifications for pictures? Real? Anime?
"Terribly sorry for not being on for quite some time. I know some people might be a little mad at me for not being there but..."

*adjust brand new spectacles* x_x

TnevdaNai
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:49 am

Sure!

And no requirements for image style. I just ask that if you're going to use a pic by an independent artist (like someone you'd find on deviantArt or on their personal art site) you ask first, if they haven't already given out permission to use it.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HadoukenLSD on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:20 am

Hi! I would like to reserve the purple slot, if that's okay. :D

Also, you said you would accept non-human races if they were acceptable so... would you consider a Neko acceptable? ^.^
It's only after we've lost everything... That we're free to do anything - Fight club

HadoukenLSD
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:28 am

That is fine!

And yep, that would be allowed, although it probably wouldn't be called a "neko" in the setting. Something like "catperson" or "catling" would be more likely.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WakkaWakka on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:33 am

Catling sounds good. Werecat would probably work to. Remember seeing them called Sirians once. Sounds fantasy enough. Just spit-balling names.

Personally, I like Sirian.

WakkaWakka
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:34 am

Fantasy language terms like that are also acceptable, yus.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HadoukenLSD on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:42 am

Okay, thank you. I will get to work on my catling then. ^.^

HadoukenLSD
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:55 am

Awesome! Glad people are interested. :3

By the way, if anybody has any plot ideas, feel free to discuss them here. I have some things in store, of course, but I love group planning.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HadoukenLSD on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:38 am

Okay... I have just submitted her, I hope she is okay! >.<

HadoukenLSD
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:57 am

Yep, she's accepted!

edit: Oh yeah, people who have been accepted can start posting anytime they like.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TnevdaNai on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:47 pm

I've submitted my charry over. :)

TnevdaNai
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:27 pm

Sorry for the wait. I PMed you. :3

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!