Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Outlawed

Outlawed

a part of “Outlawed”, a fictional universe by AvidSmoker.

In a country where love is outlawed, how will ten teenagers fare against their own feelings?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Outlawed”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Outlawed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MissBrightside_ on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:51 pm

Could I please reserve one of the two guys that are left? :3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MissBrightside_
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cordeaux on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:24 pm

@MissBrightside, the place has been reserved for you!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cordeaux
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:29 pm

Could I reserve the last dude?
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:21 pm

Ooh goodie :) thank you!!! I'll get right to work on him! :)

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:06 am

All submitted, can't wait to RP with you guys! :)

@Avid, if you don't like anything, and I mean ANYTHING about him please do tell me and I'll fix him.

EDIT: I'm sorry for submitting so many times, the photo kept screwing up and it wasn't working out the way I wanted. :P Sorry.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grace Lynn on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:22 pm

*Hyperventilating* Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod. PERCY JACKSON. Sorry, I just wanted to, erm, get that out there... Yeah... [[Huge PJATO fan]]

Grace Lynn
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cordeaux on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:50 pm

Can't wait to RP with all you fine people, let's hope we can start soon! :D
Last edited by Cordeaux on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cordeaux
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Grace Lynn wrote:*Hyperventilating* Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod. PERCY JACKSON. Sorry, I just wanted to, erm, get that out there... Yeah... [[Huge PJATO fan]]

I know right!! The books are so good.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cordeaux on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:51 am

Hey guys, are we just diving into the RP without planning and see who picks up a crush on who or are we planning? If we want it to work out linearly then planning who is going to be with who would be a good option, if so we could start planning that stuff now to save time.

To be honest I'm just trying to make this work out as much as the GM.

Cordeaux
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:23 pm

I think it might be a good idea to decide who is planning on pairing up with whom. However, I don't think that the specifics should be shared. Perhaps we decide who pairs up with whom and then the pair PM's to discuss the specifics of their interactions. Sound good to everyone else? That's just my opinion, if others would prefer it another way do suggest your ideas, I'm just throwing mine out.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlet Loup on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:19 pm

See, I don't think we should really plan this. I get where all of you are coming from, but I've been in too many roleplays where we've planned that two people will be together and then their relationship doesn't get to blossom, we just start out with them already infatuated. Like, if we don't plan it, it will still work out in the end, I think. But, that's my opinion, I don't mind it either way.

Scarlet Loup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvidSmoker on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:14 pm

I think the both of you have a point- we should plan out which character would end up with who, but not too specifically. We could do this to avoid love triangles and such, but not plan it out too throughly. We could also make a point for it to happen somewhat smoothly, not immediately.

AvidSmoker
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:17 pm

I agree, we state which person will end up with whom and leave it at that. It allows us to make friends and meet everyone else while avoiding triangles.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvidSmoker on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Exactly. The question is, though, how are we going to decide?

AvidSmoker
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Draw straws? :3 lol...

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvidSmoker on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Maybe something personality/compatibility-wise? For example, Jackson has a fondness for cute things, and Gabrielle is small and cute (until, you know, she opens her mouth XD). Something like that.

AvidSmoker
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cordeaux on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:53 am

I can see how it would be better to decide who is with who and leave it, but what Scarlet said is true. What if two characters get paired together and then it doesn't really work out between them? Unless the owners PM each other a plan for their interactions then it leaves a big risk. I don't really mind either way but think of the triangles!

Cordeaux
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:40 am

That's my thing, I would like to avoid triangles, however, isn't that just life? Things like that happen everyday in the real world. Further, I don't really care which way we do it. I just want everyone to be happy with the outcome. My goal was to toss ideas around until one gets jumped on and then we run from there.

I did have another idea where we post out character's "hopefuls". Like we each pick top three preferred partners based on personality, appearance, and sexuality and use those as aides/guides? My only problem with that idea is that it leaves people without their favorite choices (for the most part) and leaves no room for development based off of in character discussion. So I dunno how I feel about that.

I suppose the best way would be to do it like it happens in real life, and that's to just let it. Love can't bloom in a lab. I guess our best bet, in my opinion, is to have some kind of meet and greet in character at the beginning of the RP, where we would all be able to see each other/meet each other and form bonds and create chemistry based on that.

Those are my rambling thoughts anyway. What do y'all think?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cordeaux on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:12 pm

I think that being in a triangle situation is annoying but can be worked around with story. Maybe, just maybe we can leave it and have one big get together at the start or something and go on from that, whether or not triangles are created they can be worked out and controlled in the OOC or PMs. Say worst comes to worst and a triangle is unfortunately created, one user who voluntarily decides to back out can be helped by all of us to meet another character.

I hope that made sense, or I just made myself look very stupid.

In any case we are a stronger group of role players if we work together. There is no problem we could not solve with a group discussion. (So to those who cannot be bothered/don't want to give your input, try! It may help more than you think.)

Cordeaux
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlet Loup on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 pm

@FreeRunner: I have to say, I completely agree with your statement.

Obviously, love triangles will be set up. No one likes them, not even our characters like them, but that's life, right? From prior experience, I know that the roleplays with relationships set up already (as in a sort of arranged marriage way- did I use that analogy yet?) end up dying first. I love having romance in roleplays, don't get me wrong, but if we really want this to live, we also have to focus on the major plot. Granted, it does deal with romance, but the main idea is rebellion, no? I dunno, I'm pretty much writing down what I'm thinking sooo, yeah.

On another note, are there any other homosexual or bisexual characters in this roleplay? I didn't really bother to check every character's sexuality.

Scarlet Loup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!