Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mirror to The Mind

Mirror to The Mind

a part of “Mirror to The Mind”, a fictional universe by DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX.

What if you died in your sleep? You never wake up. Instead you are stuck in the world of dreams, but there is a way out. ((MORE INSIDE)) (STILL ACCEPTING!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mirror to The Mind”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Mirror to The Mind

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:39 pm

Quantomlegacy wrote:Submitted my character. I figured you don't seem to be getting to much more interest and I did originally want to join. You never really specified anything other then that you wanted us to have died in our sleep so I went for a baron living in the Late Middle Ages/Medieval Times. I tried to be creative with the character and as usual am not set in stone with it. Any changes you would like just let me know.

Hardest part was the Strengths and Weakness as I don't usually make a strict list like that.

Yeah I also had problems of figuring out which period of time did they live before they died. Finally I decided that my character would be from the current era. As for the strength and weakness, I didn't place any for my character since I have no idea for it and I think it is determined by what power he shall have.

So since the era are all mixed up, I guess the time in real life differ from the time in the dream world.

When are we starting? The longer we wait, the higher the chances of people quitting before it even starts.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shadereen
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Okay changed his age to 60. I just wanted to be older then the your intended cap. As I was reading the introduction this character had already formed in my head and I was disappointed by the cap. Which is why I had said something before and seeing as you just didn't want an old "body" slaying nightmares I figured this would work. Since it is our spirit and not our flesh that has actually come to the dream world.

Yeah and it was my plan to try and be from a different era to add flavor to the characters. I wasn't sure he'd allow it but I do think it will be interesting as our views and things my be a bit different.

Either way I am still interested in seeing this thing begin to see how it goes.
Role-play forever.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:20 am

Tell me shad... would you start a "Band of heroes" type RP with only three characters? (not to mention their all male as well.)
"Oh, there's some bubble wrap over there not being used? I'll just leave it alone."-Said: No one, EVER.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:09 pm

Yes I would actually. But it's up to you. I was just asking.

shadereen
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Then that confirms that you're crazy. :P seriously people. I just want a little more diversity in the characters.

@shad: a good crazy.

@evry body: We'll wait for another three days. if no luck, then we'll start anyway.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:59 am

If you would like I am willing to submit another character. I don't think very much interest is going to drum up but if you want to wait that is fine by me. :)

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:18 am

Sounds good to me as long as you know the general guidelines of having two characters. For example don't have them interact with each other too much, they can't be in a relationship...ect.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:58 am

Has it been three days?

shadereen
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:06 am

Sorry guys. RPG was down for a day... but it has been more than three days so I'll post. Here's a new rule too. Wait until there has been two other RPers posts before your next post. I don't like when the RP gets an entire page with just two characters posts. I could do a posting order, but sometimes players quit or disappear. As soon as my post is up it's free game.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:40 pm

Posted. I wasn't sure on most of the things such as how we actually arrived or the scenery around the village or even the rest of the village itself. So I took some liberties and left a lot of it undescribed for you to fill in the blanks and things. <.< I think it turned out well for what I had to work with. :P

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:03 pm

Good post Quantum. You make me look bad :P

Apocalyptic! That's exactly what I needed! :) Bella's power will be up soon.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm adding a new aspect to the dream world. Technology doesn't work there. Only organic things work there such as fires, so there could be a gun made, but a sword is much easier. Everything needs to be made of metal, wood, or stone since only organic things exist. So... no phones. the technology of the dream world is magic, so there could be a small communication device such as a necklace that allows you to speak to another person with an amulet like it. things like that.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Ok Apocalyptic time to give someone else a chance to post.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Writing.

-Edit-

Lol @Shade.

Lol @ Dull mind.

-Edit 2-

So I was bothering Shadereen last night and decided then that I had some questions for you, (Da_Shadow).

1) What happens if we die? Is there going to be a penalty or do we just sort of get back up? If there isn't why isn't there and why isn't everyone a badass hero/Terrible Villian?

2) How many other people are there with powers? Is it everyone that comes here that get's powers or were we just lucky?

3)Why is the sky blue?

4) Is there money or is everything free in this world?

5) I guess this one corresponds with #1 but do we actually feel things?

I had a few more but they weren't very important. Only one and two are really but yeah. Just some random thoughts I rattled off.

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:28 pm

@Quantum:

1. You die. done, dead, no coming back.

2. Everyone has powers.

3. Because thats what your characters think it looks like.

4. Theres money, but in mantua the Inn is free for the first night. Imagine coming into a new world with no money and no place to stay.

5. Yep. All pain, all emotions, everything.

Thanks for asking rather than stumbling around in the dark. :) glad to help.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:31 am

:D Good! I was wondering about some of that and the rest was a product of boredom. If I have any other questions I'll drop them here again.

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:18 am

@unseenshadow: Trenton hadn't told Dov that they are two in the same. He had thought it.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:17 pm

You rated your own attack points?

shadereen
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:50 pm

First off, I like the scoring system. I just don't believe you understand it yourself.

How does your post rank the same in description as his, when you had less in it to begin with. Same logic applies to awesomeness?

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:13 pm

@shad: you always do

@@Quantum: quality/quantity. and the awesomeness is, a human running from a battle is seems cowardly, not very awesome. a Manticore is running through the woods weaving through trees, pretty awesome.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!