Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dead Fingers

Disscussing Plots (Future Events/Characters)

a part of “Dead Fingers”, a fictional universe by xSilentButterflyx.

It's been months since the Fever hit that stole the lives of millions around the world. This brain eating disease created something that people could only imagine in video games or movies; a disease that caused people to die, rise, and then feast...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dead Fingers”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Disscussing Plots (Future Events/Characters)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Tytress R.~ on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:09 pm

'Ello, friends! I thought it would be nice to have this slipped into here, so we have a location to ramble on about future events, characters, and possibly other locations (such as states, or even countries if we get that far.). So! As Butterfly stated on the front of the OOC page, Tallara, John, and Luna will be headed to Durango in search of her father. Sadly, for this plot, I can't really tell you about much of it. However, I can tell you that I will be killing off characters (I won't tell you who, but feel free to worry yourself about it xD), and new ones will be introduced (such as my lovely ranch owner, Robin.) If you'd like to have another character submitted, it might be a good idea to have at least a small plot in mind for them. I will be adding one more character, and she does indeed take place in Tallara's Plot. She'll be in a gang in the city, that of which John, Luna, and Tallara will run into. Are they friendly? Well, that's for your characters to find out, mates!

So ramble away! I will gladly help you out with plot ideas. Remember: When making a plot, ALWAYS ask yourselves these questions:
-What will happen?
-What/who is the antagonist?
-Why are they the antagonist?
-What are their motives?
-What are the threats?
-Why are they threats?
-If the group fails, what will happen?
-If the group succeeds, what will happen?
-What will they do after?

When creating antagonists, its best not to say they are evil. Why? Because.... well, there really are no evil people, just people with mental disorders. And when creating any character, flesh them out! Ask them personal questions like you were interviewing a real person. When making a character (either good or bad) ask these questions:
-How would you react to [example] [example] [example]?
-What is your personality color ( trust me, this tells a LOT about a person)
-What are your motives?
-Favorite foods?
-What are your skills?
-Blemishes?

I think you get it ;) Well then, go crazy people! We all want to know what you have in store.
Cordelia: I personally don't think it's possible to come up with a crazier plan.
Oz: We attack the Mayor with hummus.
Cordelia: I stand corrected.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

~Tytress R.~
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Disscussing Plots (Future Events/Characters)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yurface66 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:32 pm

But when making new characters if you just want them to join a group, (not the farm group cuz that's to big) can you? Because I have a couple more characters i want to create but a couple of them i don't really want a big plot of them, just for them to join one of the groups.
ALSO one other thing is that you guys said that you will now have to message you guys and get my character approved. But that was a day before I created my most recent character. So does that mean I still have to get permission?
Just want to make sure I'm not breaking the rules lol and have a good time.

As for David... I don't see him leaving anytime soon. I think he'll stay with Zach's group for now i think. Other than that I don't have any plans for him, but I do suppose I could put a 'roadblock' mini-plot ahead...

And Michael. No idea yet. Also about you guys going into the city what if John and Michael don't manage to find the group because John got lost in the woods and doesn't know where to go? That could mess up plans heh. But I seriously doubt that's gonna happen.
Don't worry, we'l find our way back.

Well, have a good day!
"They mean nothing. They're innocent. There's no gain, so why would I do it? What possible reason could I have for killing so many?"
-Sylar

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

yurface66
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xSilentButterflyx on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:08 pm

Oh I love this Tyt :D This would really help us get more ideas so we're not jsut rambling on and on in one place with no plans.

And along with the characters. If you want to create just an "Extra", which is a character that doesn't have a huge plot, but does affect the story (like the bandits back by the cabins) make sure that you get them in and out or we'll have a dead character we'll be lugging around everywhere. Not like a literal dead character, but someone who is inactive. You see what I'm explaining?

But don't create a character that has no point and you just want to put somewhere. It's dead weight that makes things difficult.

And you can post the character but I still have to either reject or approve. Send me a message or one of the moderators after you create and post the character in the character admission place and explain why they might add a good plot twist or just be helpful for the RP. Like when Tyt was making a new character she told me some of the plans she had for him. I accidentally accepted two characters from two people and now I can't delete them. Not only did they not fill out the character sheet, but they haven't posted once.
Just let us know all in all. I don't think we'll mind current roleplayers making new characters, but it's more for newer people who wish to join. Like Fixxxer for example.
Silently Painting the World

xSilentButterflyx
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xSilentButterflyx on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:45 pm

::Update::

Hey guys! I'm adding to the "Places" thread. Kind of a way of showing where everyone has all been and the conditions of where we've left these places. So please can everyone make a list of the major places your charries have been to? Maybe even places only the character has been to before they started RPing. Like if they were in a city that was bombed before or what not. Anywhoo. List away. There will of course be repeaters.

xSilentButterflyx
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xSilentButterflyx on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:24 am

Hey guys there are two people wanting to join. Actually there was 3, but I deleted him myself. -.- major major major godmod. Anywhooo! There's on lovely ma'am and one lovely dude who want to join, the guy's chacter info seems pretty good, however the girls is missing a lot from it. So I'm going to post their character sheets here and I want you guys to help me decide weather or not to let them enter or to banish them from this realm of awesome. But seriously. I don't want to be the only one having say on who gets to join and who doesn't. You guys roleplay here too! So! Let me hear your opinions.

First Person:

.:Character's Name:.
Knox Anderson

Physical Description

......:Age: 25
......:Gender: Male
......:Height: 6"1
......:Weight: 190

.....:Nationality or Skin: German, Italian, and Swedish
......:Hair Color: Brown

Clothing and Garments
.......: As in picture.

Inventory: Gloves, Blowtorch, Extra rounds, Axe, Flashlight, Walkie talkies (2), Extra rations, buck knife, first aid kit, blanket, supressed M9A1 9mm, and Long Action Centerfire Rifle 22 barrel.

Biography
Knox was a normal live at home type of guy, who got somewhat of a last pick, as when he heard about people looting stores, drove his worn down impuala to everywhere he could think to get supplies, leaving him in a spot he didn't want to be in. He fortunatly learned some martial arts before the outbreak, and was taken hunting. He is alone, his family has been infected and he is a drifter, cautious, and somewhat well armed.

......:Personality: Knox is a kind but not trusting person, but gaining his trust can be benificial. He likes doing fun things despite the apocolypse, and is somewhat playful.
......:Talents/Merits: Brown belt in Tae Kwon Do, and a red belt in Judo, Quick thinker, good shot, and in good condition (strength, running.)
......:Inabilities/Flaws: Not a flexiable person, not very good at math, dangerously selfless, and has a bad temper.

Second Person:
Piper Rose
Physical Description: Short, about 4'9, long red hair. Skinny, wears jeans, a t-shirt, sweatshirt and boots.

Personality: (Please explore the personality through role-playing, Thank you.)

Equipment: 9mm pistol and a crossbow, no abilities.

Historical Background: As a child Piper would keep to herself, at home, school, anywhere. She was a quiet child and didn't really have much in life, yeah she went to school and stuff but her parents didn't really care for her as much as they should. She didn't make friends easily and with her moving schools a lot it never really helped. After highschool she went off to collage and that's where she was when the outbreak began, she made one friend in collage and he was infected so after she put him down she didn't know what to do so she just packed what she can and went on the road.

xSilentButterflyx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jake H. on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:00 pm

Before I answer, could you tell me when each was submitted and when they were last online.

Jake H.
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xSilentButterflyx on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:12 am

I can't see the date or when they were last online, but they weren't submitted that long ago. However, Fallbehindme (aka Knox) messaged me recently which included a teaser of his ropleplaying abilities. I shall post them here:

((OOC this will be about regular length, only more spaced out. Sorry about the giant chunk but i felt the conflict should be fluid reading instead of broken up.)) Rain steadily fell on the old tin roof that Knox lived under; it’s been a long time he thought to himself. He looked out the window watching the world outside that was limited by the fog engulfing the area. He couldn’t see anything as he got up from his old broken chair and walked to the other seat positioned by the radio. Being cooped up in a small shed gets you desperate for any excitement. But he knew what was best for his survival, he tuned in on the radio hoping for anything. No he was completely alone. Nothing, in fury he threw the radio at the window which shattered. Knox yelled out in rage

“God damn it!” Stupid he thought to himself. Not only did I break the radio and alert every bastard in the area but I also scram to let them home in on me. Grabbing his supplies with vigor he stepped outside, putting his green cap on. Soaking, shoes squelching with water filled in them he walked on through the grass to an abandon dirt road. I’m alone. Everyone else must be dead by now, and here I am worried about my survival. I’m probably a lunatic anyway the last human that I saw was months ago. His trance broke as he heard footsteps. Ducking down he pulled his axe out and continued along the dirt road.

At every sound of a twig breaking or a strong wind blowing branches he jumped, as his refined senses guided him. After walking for about twenty minutes he was exhausted and sat down on the road to eat some rations. Footsteps could be heard in the distance as he added in his mind give me a break. Getting up to walk and eat he saw something out of the corner of his eye, shuffling. As he watched carefully he saw something that could have possibly been the origin come out of the bush. Then he heard more, and then more came; hiding behind a tree he saw hundreds pour out. I’m screwed. They smell me they have to.

Knox was spotted the shuffles turned into somewhat of a fast run and they became unruly. Knox got up and took off running as fast as he could, looking back saw the mass of zombies filling the road and the tree line beside it. The runners took off after him as the walker did but ran, of course. Sprinting as fast as he could he saw them draw closer and closer until they were right behind him.

One jumped at his feet, and ripped his boot off. Ignoring it he ran as fast as humanly possible. But they were catching up. They weren’t human their legs carried them faster than any human could run. Finally one got his leg. Face planting hard into the mud he kicked it in the face as hard as he could which seemed to not be hard enough. Jumping up he kicked it again to get it off of his shoe as the another one tackled him and went in for a bite. Knox yelled in his head NO NO NO! Swinging his axe he saw its eyes lull to the top of its head as he pushed it off. Seeing more run after him he was in a panicked state and realized the other one was on his shoe again. With anger kicked it as hard as he could cracked its skull and ran as fast as he could once more. He realized if he was taken down again that would be it as there were now ten maybe twenty running after him. Sprinting still he saw a car in the distance, wrecked but looks like it will do for this purpose. They were getting closer and this was his only chance, now using long strides almost tripping flew towards the car. The windows were intact and the door was open he saw as he ran nearer and nearer. He was about ten feet away as the final stretch began he side stepped and dove into the car slamming the door shut. I did it he thought to him in triumph. Breathing heavily he thought about driving the car but chuckled as he though this engine is done, its been months there is no way. Looking at the key hole he confirmed his thought. Zombies pelting the car as the rain had done only minutes ago. Looking in the back seat he saw two corpses belted in, with a note on the left ones lap. He reached back and grabbed it and started to read it; I’m so sorry guys. It was the only way. You were both infected and the hospital was so far away. I don’t know why I’m writing this, for closure? You two were the best buddies I ever had… Knox noticed the bullet wounds in their heads and the tears on the letter. Sinking back into the driver seat he saw the shell casings on the consol. Looking outside through the frantic beating and pounding of the runners on the window saw a corpse about ten feet away, or at least a corpse shaped object. Making it out through the rain and the bodies he saw it covered in moss and roots.
A tear fell out of Knox’s eye which was the first time he had felt emotions like this in months. Knox rolled the window down slightly and stuck he silenced pistol out of it as he thought to himself why am I alive? As he tried to thin their ranks.

xSilentButterflyx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jake H. on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:30 pm

I like Know because he actually put forward more than just a profile of his character also for Piper maybe if the profile of the character was updated, I'd say yes. As of now, I say let Knox in and maybe message piper to update the format of the profile.

Jake H.
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xSilentButterflyx on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:38 am

I'll message her, but I'm not sure if she'll put up much effort.

xSilentButterflyx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Parseltongue on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Well. I suppose this roleplay is over or inactive? Considering I have submitted a character and no one has contacted me back. I check the site daily to see any new updates, and it has been a while. If this is still active or if anyone is looking to start up a newer one, I would love a notice or a message. New to the site and a little confused about it's layout. (Considering I can't for the fuck of me figure out how to send a personal message. x3) But I would love to roleplay within this setting. It interests me a lot.
Thank you.

Parseltongue
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fallbehindme on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Its still active, i summited mine about a month or two ago and its recently accepted. Slow and steady.
"The pen is mightier than the sword."

fallbehindme
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xSilentButterflyx on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:39 pm

It's chugging along, but it's still active don't worry. We've all been busy with school and life stuff, but when the summer comes along again it'll be so active you'll wish you had more time to reply. However if your character was not accepted it was most likely because you either:
1. Did not have enough information.
2. Your character was a god-mod
or
3. You did not follow the character sheet guidelines posted on the Introduction page (this one i'm pretty lenient on as long as the character is informative).

Try submitting you character again. :)

xSilentButterflyx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fallbehindme on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:12 pm

Hello, I will be inactive for a while due to Christmas so merry Christmas! or happy Hanukkah or whatever you do!

fallbehindme
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!