Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Temporal Conscripts

Temporal Conscripts

a part of “Temporal Conscripts”, a fictional universe by Lemunde.

People from all over the world from many different eras are pulled forward in time to help solve a mysterious crisis.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Temporal Conscripts”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Temporal Conscripts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:43 am

Closed to new players at this time. New characters will be accepted once the plot has moved forward a bit.
Last edited by Lemunde on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Temporal Conscripts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:58 pm

Oooooh, I likes! I'll be keeping an eye :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eskay
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:34 pm

Welcome aboard, Screedle! For your first post describe what goes on on your last day in the 17th century.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Also if I start getting too controlling let me know. Early on characters are going to have little control over what happens to them but that's more due to the nature of their situation than me trying to railroad them. Once the characters are more or less situated they'll naturally start getting more freedom to do what they want.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:45 am

Thanks for welcomign me. Just a quick thing; it's the 19th century, not the 17th :P

Screedle
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:52 am

Yeah, not sure how I got those confused.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:55 am

Could you please add 'The Fritswick Residence' as a location?

Screedle
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:36 am

Alright, that should do nicely as an introduction to his character.
Feel free to do whatever timey-wimey stuff you need to do to make him travel.

Screedle
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raykon23 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:03 pm

Um yeah Im sorta new to this whole role playing site and im tryna find a role play. and I submitted a character and if anything falls outside the rules on the character let me know and ill revise it. Because I made him and submitted it and I think I may have put something that broke a rule by mistake. Im unsure on your standpoint but yeah. this seems like a cool rp.

Raykon23
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:58 pm

Both Kyle and Ramirez are approved. For Ramirez, you did put all the information I need and he's within the rules but I would ask that you make his historical background a little more narrative. Also I'm normally not a grammar nazi but as we are making a story here I would at least ask that you double check your punctuation and capitalization. It makes for a better read.

I'll be closing this RP to further characters at this point as I don't want too many coming in at once. I may open it again as the plot moves forward.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:01 pm

As with Screedle, please make your first post describing your last days in your respective times and places. Also as a fair warning this RP kind of follows the Terminator rules on time travel so don't expect to have any of your equipment after you make the jump.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:09 pm

Screedle wrote:Could you please add 'The Fritswick Residence' as a location?

PM me a description and I'll add it. If any other players want me to add any of their characters' locations PM me descriptions of those as well.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:12 pm

First post done so feel free to do your thing Boss.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:09 pm

Raykon I'm going to have to ask you to redo that last post. I didn't post it in the rules but I should have. There's a term in RPs called "character controlling" and it's highly frowned upon. You cannot dictate another character's actions, only your own. As GM I will sometimes have to control a character to an extent to keep the story flowing but I will make sure they have the opportunity to respond to events going on around them.

You also seem to be trying to control events that occur outside of your character's actions. Opening a door and having groups of soldiers pointing guns at you is completely outside of what I have planned. You can search around the room to see if you find a door or a light switch but I have to be the one to tell you if you find anything. I apologize for not making these things clear.

I'm going to temporarily edit the post and archive what you typed here in OOC so you have a reference. Also you should speak with Derek to make sure he's okay with your characters knowing each other.

On a side note I PMed Screedle earlier explaining that for conversations it's best to post a series of your character's questions rather than post one question at a time and waiting for a response. If you feel that will make the posts look weird you can always go back and edit the post to make it flow better.
Last edited by Lemunde on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:14 pm

Raykon's post:

Ramirez heard the sound, he recognized the man's voice, "Blackstone! is that you marine?" there was silence for a moment. Ramirez dropped slowly to the ground, praying it was the same young corporal who'd saved him a trip home in a body bag once. Maybe he knew what was going on. Suddenly the voice called back, "Yes sir, I can't see shit in here." Ramirez winced, expecting a fatal headshot rather than a reply, "I can't either, move to me, just listen to my voice." Ramirez hummed as loud as he could fight. He'd known Kyle Blackstone from a tour in Iraq, He'd drank with the man, Buried a few friends with the man, and fought with the man. He'd always liked the kid, but infantry and scout snipers never mixed well. So they kept their distance in the field. Suddenly a hand touched his shoulder; instinctively Ramirez turned to fight, but quickly realized who had touched him. He let lose a sigh of relief, "Dios mio.. You almost gave me a heart attack." Ramirez could barely make out the fellow marine's figure in the black, "sorry sir, you have any clue where we are?" Ramirez felt his heart sink, "I was going to ask you the same thing corporal." Ramirez stirred, "let's just find a way out of here rápidamente." Ramirez hand on Blackstone, still unsure what may lurk in this darkness.

Ramirez felt around the wall, "We make it out of here alive Corporal, I owe you a shot of my homemade Tequila." he heard the corporal chuckle to himself. Suddenly Ramirez felt a button on the wall. He thought a moment before pressing it. It could open a door, and on the other side a group of something ready to rip the two apart, or it could just gas the room all together. Ramirez shook his head and fought himself, you're a marine, you don't care about risk you do your job and your job right now is getting yourself and Blackstone out of this room. He pressed the button, a door opened and light filled up the room, "get ready niño." Ramirez put a hand on Blackstone's shoulder clenched his fist, ready to protect his marines, or marine as the case would be. The door was fully opened, and a four man team rushed in and pointed their rifles at Ramirez and Blackstone.

They shouted orders for the two to lay on the ground. Ramirez normally wouldn't be taking orders from anyone with a gun, but Ramirez usually had a gun to point back. Ramirez also thought of his marine, his marines were about the only thing that stop him from making rash decisions and he knew he could get Blackstone killed if he slipped up. Ramirez hesitantly laid on the ground, made Blackstone do the same.

Suddenly the team separated and stood at attention, Ramirez knew what that meant, an officer was present. Ramirez looked up to catch a glimpse, he saw a stern looking Blonde woman. He had no time to ask any questions, suddenly the only thing he saw was the butt of a rifle. Then once again things went dark.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:23 am

Thanks for pointing that out Boss. Would done it myself but the site went down before I could post my reply here in the OOC.

@Raykon23

I am willing to have some sort of connection between our characters but your going to have to keep two things in mind. One he won't touch alcohol or drugs in any form, hell I think I might make it so a doctor would have to draw a gun just to get him to take meds. And secondly Kyle doesn't ask too many questions beyond certain moral and religious ones.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:29 am

Finally got my creativity going again!
I hope it's alright that I fleshed out the female scientist character - sorry in advance if you don't like it.

Screedle
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:12 am

I was going to post this on my lunch break but the site was down so I had to save it in notepad.

I've come to the realization that I'm probably not giving you guys enough information to work with which may be giving some of you a hard time with your posts. I also feel like I've been taking too much control over characters just to try to get basic information to them. So I've done some brainstorming and I think I may have a solution.

Starting today I'm going to start adding general information on your characters' locations to the location section. Now this isn't necessarily information your characters will already know but they are things they could find out by taking a rudimentary look around or asking somebody.

To that end I'll also be adding maps to each section. Some areas in these maps won't have any information such as restricted areas aboard the Onyx but if you manage to gain access to these areas that information will become available.

The idea is to give each player some narrative ammunition to work with rather than wait for their characters to decide to look around each individual room or area to see what's there. If a player decides they need more specic information about an area they can have their character do a more in-depth search or grill an NPC a little harder and I'll post the relevant information in character, either from the character's perspective or from the NPC's side of the conversation.

This will all become more clear once I've updated the locations. I do want to stress that there is a difference between player knowledge and character knowledge. The characters are still pretty much in the dark about this stuff at this time but you should be able to more easily decide how they obtain this information now.

Also understand that I'm not revealing everything to the players. What I'm shooting for is to give the players one layer of information higher than what their characters have. And keep in mind that
conversations between NPCs and PCs are still two sided, but if you want you can simply imply that an NPC gave you the relevant information rather than post the character's side of the conversation and wait for a response. Non-general information you're trying to acquire from an NPC will still require an actual conversation.

Anyway, my hope is that this will make the game run smoother and be more fun for everyone involved.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:32 am

Screedle wrote:Finally got my creativity going again!
I hope it's alright that I fleshed out the female scientist character - sorry in advance if you don't like it.

The character is fine but I had to do some editing and trimming to make certain facts match up. You'll understand with my next post.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:01 am

Lemunde wrote:
Screedle wrote:Finally got my creativity going again!

The character is fine but I had to do some editing and trimming to make certain facts match up. You'll understand with my next post.

Ah, that explains that.
I thought the forum had put a word limit on it or something and had removed that later half by itself, so I changed it back. Now i've changed it back to the length you trimmed it to.

Screedle
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!