Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat โ€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Silhouette Institute

Plot Ideas / Character Relationships

a part of “The Silhouette Institute”, a fictional universe by AmyGotScared.

An institution on the middle of France, unknown to the rest of the world theses students are being trained to understand and use in their defense their "Special" Powers. (All old members welcome!) (GM'S: AmyGotScared & XShishiox)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Silhouette Institute”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Plot Ideas / Character Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:50 pm

Well, got Scott's last post up for the day. Hope you guys enjoy it. Hope we get to class soon, so I can do more lol.
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyanSponge on Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:42 pm

Yeah, I'm just waiting for a good opening to post again, which is probably going to be when school starts.

Also I remembered that I kinda just made the relationship between everyone and Katrina more or less friends, mainly because well, Kat want's to be everyone's friend. But you should PM me if you think that your character would dislike Kat (in which case she might try 10 times as hard to get them to like her, just a fair warning), or if your character would have a crush on Kat or you want Kat to have a crush on your character, secret or not so secret. (I can see Kat having a total school girl crush on any one of these characters)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CyanSponge
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Not that awesome on Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:58 pm

I also think I might just fade to black for now as Flynn really has nothing to do but sleep. I trust that the first day of school will be remotely soon.

[we're fated to pretend.]

Not that awesome
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Alright since we are kinda going along with things, Ill make one more post, so far I know that it will consist of these things (Just to let ya'll know who my post will be targeting) 1. Reply back to Jon. Maybe sceptically, maybe sarcastically. Undecided as of now, all I know if I am excited about these twos relationship, as it does seem even though he is the rebel, they are kind of similar, liking the same types of things. I also feel like going with the whole electrical interference thing with her power would be funny, as she would ultimately get her stressed out and sceptical of him, but equally as interested. (As I will show within the post.)
2. Will send Flynn a text, because why not.
3. Slip into Spencers dreams, I will probably end of the post as just her slipping into someone's dreams, and Spencer can continue it from there. My third post will just be replying to that, waking up, and going to her little morning class.

Also, I like the idea of her slipping into one of Lysanders dreams too! You can initiate that whenever you want, and I'll just follow along. I like the idea too that if it's a powerful enough or stressful dream and she's in pretty close proximity of him, she might just get mind tugged into his dream. That would be kind of funny if she was talking to someone mid sentence, then just fell asleep. But, we can also just do it normally like Spencers and Atheyas dream run in would be as well. Whatever you decide~
Where there is no imagination there is no horror. | Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

My honey I know, with the dawn that you will be gone, but tonight you belong to me
Patience and Prudence

http://www.peacefullyreckless.tumblr.com/

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:41 pm

I wouldn't be opposed to a time skip. If anyone has a post idea before the next day between them and James, throw it out there, otherwise he's going to shower then to sleep.
"The Redeemer has risen!"
Image"It is not living that matters, but Living rightly."

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Sigh...

I had a post... Then my phone decided to destroy everything I'd been working on.

I need a laptop guys...

I'll get right back too it, but I don't think it will be as good. Sorry for the delay! After my post, Dreamer and I need to do our little interaction, but after that we should be good to time skip.
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HetaGamer on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:55 pm

I'm fine with a time skip as well. Unless anybody wants to interact with Donovan before hand. If you do, just PM me to let me know. Or you know, just tag him in your post. Either way is fine.

HetaGamer
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ansreth Maern on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:22 pm

@Amy. Yeah, that sounds cool! It would probably also be funny if it happened while Lysander was dozing off in class. Then the dream would be completely unexpected and it would be very disorienting for the both of us when we woke up. I had some other ideas but I'll PM you those.

Ansreth Maern
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Hey guys~ So if you see in my latest post, there's an event Friday that is undecided. I thought this might just be a fun little thing to do, but I wasn't going to go up and decide it upon myself so it's all open as of now. We could go with the obvious choice of the Dance, but I wanted to see if anyone of you had ideas.

This should be something the most of us agree upon so everyones happy. Go ahead and let ideas flow if you have one ^^

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:46 pm

Well, whatever it is, I know that Scott won't want to go initially. There could be a funny scene of Katrina begging him to go with her, and him finally agreeing to it.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:11 pm

A dance would be all kinds of fun! :D

What a great way to torture poor Toddy. Despite all his suaveness, the boy's got two left feet and a penchant for blushing. Fantastic! XP

Joking aside, I'm game for a dance. That would be a lovely opportunity to enact a few ideas I've been working on with my collaborators. Those of you who are working with me, you know who you are. Prepare for angst!

I shan't be spoiling anything anytime soon. It's much more fun this way.

Yes, I'm a horrible person. No, I'm actually rather pleased with myself. Yes, you all love me anyway. :D

Or at least, I hope so, otherwise that sounded horribly conceited...

That all being said, I'm open to any number of other thing: Godzilla vs. Jinouga, some form of capture the flag (รก la Percy Jackson), or perhaps an obstacle course. Even better yet, we could have something nasty, like an attack on the school. The latter might be fun, as it would force Jon to protect his cover. Further, it gives some of the more combat oriented students a chance to show off.

I'm quite good with anything really, I'm just tossing out ideas before we come to a vote. :P

Come on! Everyone! Y'all can weigh in too! It's more fun when everyone's involved. That way we get more diverse ideas.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyanSponge on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:49 pm

Oh Katrina would most definitely beg and plead until Scott ended up going to... what ever the event is.

A dance would be awesome, and I also think pretty much all those things Shi listed would be equally amazing to play out. If I were to throw something into the pool of suggestions, I'd have to say some kind of treasure hunt/ race might be fun too. Maybe some people pair up or something like that, I don't know, really any of the events on the table sound like so much fun though.

CyanSponge
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Not that awesome on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:49 am

If we are talking about dances, maybe this as it never happened first time 'round?
Not that awesome wrote:
Okay... so I made a thing... and it kind of got out of hand. I had so many plot ideas so here they are~

The start of year ball has always been a big tradition in Silhouette. Since the school has no prom, the students of silhouette take the opportunity to make the ball their 'Prom', as such. Only recently has it spun into an extremely big thing for the students- hoping for invites, the committee rushing to get the decorations finished etc. etc.

Although everyone not really everyone frets about the actual prom, the real party is the after party, which is an undeniably unofficial tradition, and many say it's actually superior to the ball. Whoever holds the party rotates each year. It's held in a secret location, as many um... activities go on and many substances are drunk. After the ball, the students attending the afterparty usually change into more suitable clothes.

WHEN?: Really near, if possible?
WHERE: A hall- the after party is probably gonna be held in a common room or something.

I NEED HELP WITH THIS: When exactly is it possible to be held? Where? What about the after party? Who will throw the afterparty? Who will be in the committee? Dates?

Hows that? I kind of got carried away... would this be possible @Amy? any help if so?

Anyway, lets do everything all the ideas are really great. I also think maybe we should have a tournament or something? Is there 'houses' or something other than rank we can sort the students by?

Not that awesome
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:09 pm

@Actually that Awesome, that's totally the best idea ever, why shouldn't we just do all of them? I'm glad we're getting somewhere! I had hoped my suggestions might be approved of by someone other than me.

AHHHH! The old Dance! I forgot it had an image and everything... I feel so sad and nostalgic all at once... Good times. Good times.

OMG.....

Silhouette is a non-magical Hogwarts... Think about it...

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ansreth Maern on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:42 pm

@Not that possum A school dance sounds awesome. I agree with XShishiox that it would be interesting if Jon was put in situation in which he was forced to protect his cover. If I may add though, I think it would be quite interesting maybe for Jon (if you're alright with this Nekohina) to go to the dance but also be given orders by the rebel group do something (something sneaky of course) while he's there. It would also give a cool sort of back and forth drama between him trying to get his assignment done while keeping his cover up at the dance (which would also make for a very interesting evening for his date as Jon would probably have to constantly excuse himself to keep up with the assignment).

Ansreth Maern
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:43 pm

Maybe, just maybe, there's an unofficial fight club run by some superlatives? It would abide by school rules, superlatives (rather shady ones at that) would have organized violence, supervising it as prescribed. They obviously wouldn't want any fatal/one-sided beatdowns, and there would be some involvement by refs so they can continue their apparatus. I was thinking the one that reffed Scott's first fight might be part of this group, and maybe some other NPC"s or minor characters. It'd be an attraction for everyone (in general), as some might feel the need to show off or shut people up about how weak they are. Perhaps there's gambling? It'd be interesting when some toplofty fighters start challenging people left and right.

I don't know. Just a thought.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:18 pm

Don't yeah guys worry, @Neko has already been brewing a little plot to do with a fight as we have been messaging back and forth, and he should be able to explain what he was thinking a little later.

And @Red, technically refereeing for fights is only allowed in battle class, and to do that outside of class would bend the rules a bit. I had messaged Grave before about fight limitations as it's apart of his character plot and what not, and that because obviously people will fight outside of class because hey, not every student listens to rules, but I'm not sure about the fight club thing; It is an interesting idea however.

We only have three Superlatives at the moment and I'm not sure if either three would be up for the club itself. I know my character Atheya used to be a rough tumble kid when she was in foster care and when she was a new blood, willing to fight anyone who ticked her off or did something bad, but now I have developed her into someone who is more willing to protect others and avoid such violence, but still has the initial instinct to fight and not flee. We also don't want to paint too much of a picture as "Oh the Superlatives are all that they think they're so much better" because originally that was not my intention when I came up with ranks. Not only that, but there's only supposed to be a limited amount of Superlatives at a time, and even if we use NPC's I don't really want them to turn into, say, a second character for one person to play. And even if other characters joined the club, medial or new blood, I feel as if, because the population of the Institute was said to be only around 50-ish students at a time, word would get around and the teachers who not only have abilities, would easily find out about it.

I just don't want this role play becoming entirely a "Who's better then who" game. But this is just my opinion on the matter.

Also, @Shi, you are such a dork You are my favourite person.

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:20 pm

yeah I like the idea of a dance...no idea how Jon's going to dance without touching his partner.

After all I did comment that when he's making himself walk he's essentially a stun gun (takes too much effort to generate enough power with that level of control...feedback really).

Now ladies, correct me if I'm wrong- but last i checked getting tazed is on the list of "things he should never do on a date" specifically under the "This is so obvious there shouldn't even be a list" category.

Now I'm all for shocking my dates...I'm just certain that isn't the shock I should be using.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:06 pm

The fight club doesn't have to be a "whose better than who?" game. Albeit, characters may view it like that at first, but surely this is not the only view. Kat's power isn't exactly for combat, but has other perks like making medicine and food. James has hardly ever fought a more formal fight, and has no interest in seeking violence. While there is the distinctive social hierarchy, it only really matters when people draw it out. Even if the staff found out about it, they may feel a need to study it. We are dealing with gifted children, and as it is entirely student run, they may find it interesting enough to study the social aspects of these abnormalities of humanity that makes them sound like test subjects, huh Perhaps a bending of the rules would be deemed allowable, whether the staff know it or not. I wouldn't mind making a second character if this is an idea that's accepted but needs a lead.

Anyways, if you still say no, it doesn't ruin my day. it just means my life is a lie jk I'm game for events, though I can't promise James will have much interest on his own. Now to get onto a post. Week's been rough.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm

hey Red, your idea... I find myself liking it. I do believe when I have shit going down I will have someone of that mindset involved. We can see how school responds from there.

So Amy, you and Shi willing to act as my leash by taking a group yourselves, or have the two of you decided to leave me to go balls deep?

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!