Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Naruto: End of Attrition

Naruto: End of Attrition

a part of “Naruto: End of Attrition”, a fictional universe by Nephilim.

Sixty years after the fourth shinobi war, tensions are rising between Konohagakure and Kumogakure.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Naruto: End of Attrition”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Naruto: End of Attrition

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Based God on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:11 am

I'll begin typng up my CS right now! Every Naruto RP I have been in on this site has ended up failing but this one seems promising. While I am typing up my character though I would like to know what you think of my Kekkei Genkai. I have used it on other RPs so I have it pretty well thought out and limited.

Members of the Hikigaeru Clan are born with the innate ability of the Seering Eye, a kekkei genkai that focuses on aspects of the mind like most Dojutsu and can only be activated when direct eye contact is made.

Level one is simply called the Seering Eye, and occurs when eye contact is made and the Dojutsu activated. It allows the user to scan the memories from the past 24 hours in just a few moments. It is used mostly for gathering inteligence from enemy captives. It's draw backs are that during the course of scanning it's user cannot move or blink, and that scanning people with strong willpower takes longer and the information can often come out distorted and difficult to interpret.

Level two is called the Trapping Eye, it occurs after eye contact is made and maintained for several moments. It allows the user to cast a false sense of paralysis over it's victim, freezing them in place. It is used mostly for detering attacks or enemy escape attempts. It's draw backs are that the user cannot move during this time, direct eye contact must be maintained, and it consumes a tremendous amount of chakra to maintain the Jutsu.

Level three is called to Harming Eye, it occurs after eye contact is made and maintained for several moments and the Trapping Eye is still active on the target. The Harming Eye is used to send waves of intense pain through the target's body, while not actually harming them at all. This false sense of pain is used mostly for interogation and to discover information that the Seering Eye connot define. It's drawback are that the user must be within three meters of his/her target, they must maintain direct eye contact, and it consumes vast ammounts of chakra each time a wave of pain is sent through the targets body.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Based God
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nephilim on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:11 am

@The_Based_God: I don't really see a problem with the Kekkei Genkkai, however; I will get with my Co-GM and we will go over it, so feel free to send in the sheet regardless.

I am currently at my second job so I won't be home until around 4-5 CST as I am in that time zone...I don't know what time zones ya'll are in so...yeah. Anyways, we look forward to everyone's characters! If something comes up, we will let you know ahead of time and vice versa.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nephilim
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dynamite on Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Few things:

Based, that Kekkei seems fine to me, on the surface of it. So you can submit a character with it if you want. It should probably be conditional on people being able to break out of it like any other genjutsu, though understandably that would not be especially common.

Everyone please read this: due to the volume of applications, I think what Nephy and I will most likely do is wait a fixed period of time, maybe like 24 hours from now-ish, before we decide on anything. So, if you're interested in submitting a character, tell us what spot you're after, even if someone else has reserved, and get a character in as soon as you can (though do try not to rush, we'd hate to make you feel like you have to do that.) We don't want to stall the beginning too long and have people lose interest, but we also don't want to let potentially awesome characters miss out.

That means there will be competition for slots, and we will probably stalk you a little to try and get an idea of how committed you are on average. If there are any extenuating circumstances you would like us to know about before we go through that information, let us know. We want this to be awesome and include as many of you as we feel we can handle, but we also want it to finish. :)

Dynamite
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Based God on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:08 pm

I wasn't fully aware that you guys were only doing a limited number of players. It's my fault for not reading enough lol, that being said I would hate to take someone's spot when they were looking forward to the RP. I'll be bowing out of registering a character, but I look forward to reading the story you come up with.

The Based God
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:17 pm

I have a question regarding Jutsu types. Essentially I'm sacrificing a long list of Nin/Genjutsu and Taijutsu altogether for my Aburame Clan techniques. But I noticed that summoning specifically wasn't included in the list there in the rules. Is that because you're counting that as Ninjutsu or because you don't want it altogether? I just wanted to know because I had some neat stuff to do with spiders and just want to make sure that it's all okay before I go and submit it.

Senpai
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nephilim on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:40 pm

It's counted as a Ninjutsu. Since some Shinobi specialize in summoning, it would be considered a ninjutsu based technique. Take Kiyoko for example. She specializes in sealing techniques and sucks at Genjutsu. Hence, instead of having Genjutsu based techniques, she has fuinjutsu based techniques. I hope that helps a bit, I just woke up from a much needed nap and am still in the process of waking up haha xD

Anyways, keep the questions coming you guys, if you have them. Also, everyone has an added extension on their characters simply because I am not going to be on much longer today. My nephew is coming over and he wants to go see Guardians of the Galaxy so I am taking him, even though I've already seen it xD

It's awesome >>

Anywhos, again, anymore questions, feel free to ask them!

Edit: Based, we did have a limited number of spots to fill, however; we were willing to add at least two more roles granted the characters we receive are all really good and awesome. But if you do not wish to partake, that is fine and we hope you enjoy the story as much as we will enjoy writing it!

Nephilim
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Woohoo! I got my character submitted. Please let me know if anything needs fixing, removing, adding, etc. I'll be happy to do whatever I need. Ultimately, I'm pretty pleased with my work~

Senpai
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nephilim on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:55 pm

Alright,

So, we are waiting on submissions from ThunderGod and Ahri. I haven't heard back from either of you if you are still willing to participate or not. If you want to participate and want the Kumogakure Kunoichi spots, please notify us as soon as possible, otherwise we will open the spots back up. So far, we are need of Kunoichi (odd really since most players go straight for females, and if Thunder and Ahri do not reply), and Kumo ninja. So far we have two Kumo and all four Konoha members, though no one has been accepted yet until we go over them.

Nephilim
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ahri on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:35 am

I'm still working on her I'v almost finished, but today I'v had to run around a lot doing things. Though I'll be done in a few hours hopefully. I would have finished a while ago, but when make a character I end up always remaking the personality and backstory over and over I have a real problem. (-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩___-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩)

Ahri
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:14 am

Ohh, see it's all reserved.

Well, if you need someone else or one of the reservations does not carry through I am open to the possibility.

If not, I wish you a long and fruitful RP

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dynamite on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:04 pm

No worries, Ahri, just try to have her in as soon as possible.

Marx, I think we'll indeed be full up here shortly, but we will certainly let you know if we get an early drop or something otherwise does not work out. Thanks for your interest. :)

Dynamite
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Added a small addition to Others, moved around some Jutsu that I felt were out of place, added some songs, added a paragraph to the personality, added a paragraph to the history and fixed some minor typos I had missed.

Taunbon
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dynamite on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:13 pm

Sweet.

As you all may notice, we are in the process of accepting people and updating the front page. So. If you have already been approved, I highly recommend shooting PMs to other people on your team and working out how your characters know each other and how well they do or do not get along. You will notice eventually that there is one extra Konoha shinobi. This was done on purpose and for reasons. We promise we know how to count.

But anyway, congratulations to everyone. Your characters all look and seem interesting, and we're hoping this RP will be an adventure--and last till the end. Both Nephy and I have completed several RPs in the past, so we know it can be done. We'd love to keep you guys with us the whole way. And remember, your input into the plot is welcomed and encouraged; just don't do anything without running it by us first so we can work things in coherently and effectively. For example, Tau, I have plans about the person who killed your dude's lady. Fun plans. :) And that should scare you because I am the bad cop on this team, and I'm pretty evil.

Dynamite
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:17 pm

@Dynamite: Go for it! Feel free to do what you will with said source of vengeance. I was going to message the Konoha side and see if any of them wished to be the person who did it, on purpose or by accident makes no difference, so this works for me.

I will shoot you a PM to talk about our characters once you are done with your second one, so I can read up on her history and what not.

Taunbon
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:19 pm

Oh boy, I got accepted! Anyone in Konoha, feel free to PM/IM me about characters and whatnot. I'm open to interaction and discussion. c:

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Sorry for not getting my charrie up yet, but work and family have been keeping me away longer than usual. I should have it in by tonight.
Don't piss me off. I will personally come to your house and tilt every painting I come across.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dynamite on Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:00 am

And Rei is done. Kumo people, feel free to shoot me messages about character history for both she and Takko. :)

Dynamite
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nephilim on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:45 am

Okay,

@Thunder: you have until the end of the day to get at least a WIP submitted. For me, that's around 8PM CST. I will be gone a majority of the day, but if a WIP is not submitted by then, I will take the initiative and say that your spot will be void and submissions will be closed.

For everyone else, don't forget to establish relations if you haven't already :3

Nephilim
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:46 am

Oh. Well then.

I had been lurking since last night, and was going to put up a submission of my own if there was still one available (aka if Mr. Thunder decided not to create a WIP).

But if the submissions will be closed, then darn it. Guess I should have said something earlier. But I will continue to lurk just in case I can snag that spot ^^
What's that, the picture is gone? Damn it all. Uh, move along, nothing to see down here besides these words.

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koromaru on Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:51 pm

Well I have worked out Naomichi's history with everyone in some ways. To summarize, he doesn't really know anyone besides Akira through work. Everyone else he either recognizes and heard rumors about. So unless someone has anything to add to their history with me, even if its from Kumogakure as some rivalry or something, then shoot me a PM.
"I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come..."

Koromaru
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!