Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Chronicles Of Galeia | Ballad of Calraida

a part of “The Chronicles Of Galeia | Ballad of Calraida”, a fictional universe by BrienaSkysong.

Calraida is a land ripe with adventure, mystery, and beauty. Step into my world, my friend. Find your fate, find your story, find your destiny.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Chronicles Of Galeia | Ballad of Calraida”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BrienaSkysong on Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:11 am

WORK IN PROGRESS

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the Chronicles Of Galeia. I'm Briena, the GM of the roleplay, and I'd like to thank you for taking the time to check this roleplay out. I hope for it to be a successful endeavor, and great fun for all involved. I'll start here and tell you that:

• You may certainly submit a character for the roleplay. Just read the (ever-expanding) lore and information first to make sure you're creating true to the world.
  • I'm open to questions, ideas, and suggestions. I may not always use the ideas and suggestions, but I will try to answer questions about the world to the best of my ability; it is still growing in my mind, evolving, fleshing out, and your questions help me greatly to flesh out details. So ask away!
  • Art for references is great, just include a credit to the original artist, and if the art's listed as a do not use under any circumstances do not use it without expressly written permission from the artist. Also, don't forget to include at least 100 words of detailed description of the character's personality and appearance. Yes, those two sections in the character sheet are mandatory.
  • I love activity, but do try to wait your turn in your scenes if there are more than two characters in the scene with you. If the other players gave you permission to skip them, add a note. ^^
  • The lore will keep expanding as I work on it; keep an Eye on this OOC Topics area for new topics ^^
  • If I make an objection to a detail brought into the characters involving the world in general, that wasn't asked about before hand, do not argue with me on it. I like to be nice, and I hate having to be bossy, but I have a certain idea of how I want the world to be like, and have been working on it for years, and I will put my foot down when challenged.
  • If ever you get lost trying to navigate the world's locations, feel free to ask me. I will point you where you need to go ^^

If you can agree with all of the above, then we're golden ^^

Now, I'm sure you have a few questions, like:

• "Is There a Plot?": From outward appearances, there is no huge plot. There is no dragon terrorizing the land that needs to be slain, no invading armies marching down the roads, pillaging and raping their way to the keep, set on conquering. However. Appearances aren't always as they seem.

There is a plot, but it's underlying, sneaky as a riptide. The villain of this plot is, as yet, a secret, but they'll be making an appearance in the future. But I'm not telling you who it is ;) I will, however, tell you of the events leading up to this Roleplay's creation. (Drakus Flavaar and Sasha are both characters played by Patcharoo ^^)

Firstly, The Shade's Eye, a magical artifact brought to the Queen of Serenia, along with other interesting magical baubles. Bought off a mysterious fellow in a grey robe by Drakus Flavaar, this bauble later caused quite a bit of trouble in one night for the Queen. It is unknown (IC) who really created the bauble, but it is safely locked away in the royal vaults, and under constant awareness by the Queen. (It cannot, and will not be brought back into play. The Shade's Eye has run its course.)

Secondly, a Slaver's shackle, and a trap laid for the Queen. Led there by a supposed frantic father whose daughter had fallen into the river and couldn't swim, the Queen came within a few moments of drowning herself when caught in a shackle that cut her off from her magic and abilities, but thanks to Sasha the Centaur, she lived to fight another day, and the next day, he was again helpful in removing the shackle.

These two events are related to one another, the same villain being behind both artifacts, and are related to this underlying plot line.

Aside from this plot line, it's a sort of 'Make your own story' free form roleplay; whether that's playing the life of a humble fisherman, a noble in the Queen's court, or a traveling minstrel (or thief), or becoming a part of the main underlying plot.
  • 'What Race or Species Are Available to make a character as?': Honestly? Anything, as long as it's not like an alien from space, futuristic, cybernetic, or robotic. I do have some guidelines for races such as Vampires that might not be similar to what you usually read about regarding vampires, and yet there may be some similarities to real lore. We'll just have to see, won't we?
  • "Can I Make Multiple Characters?": Yes! As long as you can keep up with them, you can have more than one character in the roleplay. I personally feel it gives everyone a chance to interact and form IC friendships, and that there is less chance of a character or player being left out from scenes.
Last edited by BrienaSkysong on Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Thunder you hear in a storm is the sound of a great stallion's hooves hitting the tops of the clouds. Listen closely, you can hear the hoof beats as he leaps and dances through the sky.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BrienaSkysong
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: The Chronicles Of Galeia | Ballad of Calraida

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:04 pm

Good, you made it. Count me in. :) You already know who I'll play.

~ Maestor

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Re: The Chronicles Of Galeia | Ballad of Calraida

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:37 pm

So yeah, I'm working on my Drow Necromancer, but I thought I'd drop by and give you all a taste of Mizzy.

The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!