Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Wolves of Drodor

The Wolves of Drodor

a part of “The Wolves of Drodor”, a fictional universe by Beau<3.

Four children yanked from time are thrust into the middle of a medieval war for a land foreign to them, and the winning side wants them dead.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Wolves of Drodor”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Wolves of Drodor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Okay so scratch the 2nd idea.

Oh how about water abilities than? Weather she could create water (not alot) but also move water (certain amounts at a time). Or do you still like the Healing ability best? I just want my character to have the ability that is powerful enough to scare Emperor Midas (as you said). At the same time, I don't want an OP character, that's just over doing it.

One thing is for sure, I have decided on my gifted's timeline. I noticed how others' gifted were from more 'current' timelines so I thought of having mine from Ancient Greece to give more variety, especially in how women think differently from that time. I know these four are allies, but my character's way of thinking could create some conflict in that area. Trying to figure out what her class would be though. Sorry if it's taking me awhile to come up with a good character for this RPG, especially after seeing the good ideas of the others.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:30 pm

Zodia195 wrote:Okay so scratch the 2nd idea.

Oh how about water abilities than? Weather she could create water (not alot) but also move water (certain amounts at a time). Or do you still like the Healing ability best? I just want my character to have the ability that is powerful enough to scare Emperor Midas (as you said). At the same time, I don't want an OP character, that's just over doing it.

One thing is for sure, I have decided on my gifted's timeline. I noticed how others' gifted were from more 'current' timelines so I thought of having mine from Ancient Greece to give more variety, especially in how women think differently from that time. I know these four are allies, but my character's way of thinking could create some conflict in that area. Trying to figure out what her class would be though. Sorry if it's taking me awhile to come up with a good character for this RPG, especially after seeing the good ideas of the others.

You have a lil over a week so no rush! Waterbending abilities would be tricky to have relevant all the time, especially since the fight is on land. Creating water is a whole other subset of powers. Maybe you should browse the superpowers wiki? Use the random button till you've got some options you like.

As for timeline, seeing the lineup I'd actually like someone from more modern times - but definitely not someone from ancient times that would be before earthen medieval era. There's also the issue of everyone speaking the same language, something I've just now noted. Having everyone magically altered so that they can understand one another sounds a bit cheap to me. You also seem to think the idea needs to be from some county totally different from what everyone else is doing right? At least I get that impression. To be honest I'd be way happier if you chose someone from a time period in your own country, that way you can be most familiar with it. Character conflict is way easier in terms of personality rather than circumstance - so if you wanted to make someone difficult they don't necessarily have to be from a wildly different timeline.

That being said, it sounds like from the ideas we have so far that we're not in short supply of difficult characters lol. I look forward to seeing them all, and we have a little over a week so take your sweet time!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Beau<3
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:18 pm

I never heard of the superpowers wiki. I'll check it out.

Okay I am glad you do want someone more modern. As for locality, I am from the USA, more specifically Southern Texas. I never portrayed that type of person before. It would be a challenge for me because of that fact alone and honestly I don't like playing a stereo-typical Texan. And honestly I don't know how to fit that kind of character in this kind of setup. But if you want that character, I suppose I could give it a try. The characters I enjoy playing often have portions of myself in them because of my own complex personality. Culturally wise, I pick characters from places and cultures I am most comfortable with.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:42 pm

Zodia195 wrote:I never heard of the superpowers wiki. I'll check it out.

Okay I am glad you do want someone more modern. As for locality, I am from the USA, more specifically Southern Texas. I never portrayed that type of person before. It would be a challenge for me because of that fact alone and honestly I don't like playing a stereo-typical Texan. And honestly I don't know how to fit that kind of character in this kind of setup. But if you want that character, I suppose I could give it a try. The characters I enjoy playing often have portions of myself in them because of my own complex personality. Culturally wise, I pick characters from places and cultures I am most comfortable with.

Again, I emphasize the most familiar to you bit. I'm not the one playing the character. You don't have to impress me with some sort of outlandish thing or take what I say and try to apply it to a literal and specific character format where you're not really coming up with or creating something your own. They don't have to be a stereotypical texan, stereotypical texans aren't even stereotypical texans if you get what I' saying. It's like what you said with putting some of yourself into your characters because of your complex personality, everyone has a complex personality.

And when I said your own country I meant america, not necessarily your state? I seem to be confusing you a lot and I'm sorry but really you seem to be taking what I say and going the extreme version of it? I'm sorry, just take what I say with a grain of salt and come up with a really well thought out character and I'll probably like it.

Beau<3
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:28 pm

All right, here are a few powers I am definitely considering-

Shapeshifting
The user can shapeshift their form, transforming and reshaping themselves potentially down to their genetic and cellular structure.
Limitations- How long their transformation can last, transforms back when unconscious, process may be painful.
Note- with this one I was thinking of sticking to human forms for now.

Telekinesis
User can influence/manipulate/move objects/matter with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", and may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
Limitations- Psychic strength may be proportional to user's capacity, meaning an opponent with physical strength stronger than the user's mental strength may break free, or even be immune to the ability altogether. Ability may be weakened or nullified by stress, fear or distractions. Using this ability may be physically fatiguing.

Air Manipulation
Ability to control air.
Limitations- Weak against fire and electricity. Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.

Thinking it over, I've decided to make my character from this day and age. Also I do apologize if I came off defensive there. I tend to get that way if I feel I am being limited in my choices if I get the impression that things are pretty open.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Telekinesis + air manipulation both seem like they'd work.

I'm sure it was just misunderstanding :)

PS: I'm not sure but I think Cutup is making someone from the 2000's? You can do 80's or 90's though that's pretty close?

Beau<3
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 pm

Well the only one I see from modern times was from the 50s. The other 2 were like 1500 Scotland and 13 c. China I think. Hmmm, how about I go with the American Civil War era or around the mid 1800s?

Hmmm, so Telekinesis could work with air manipulation huh?

One question, the rpg will start after the 4 are transported from their timelines right?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:48 am

Zodia195 wrote:Well the only one I see from modern times was from the 50s. The other 2 were like 1500 Scotland and 13 c. China I think. Hmmm, how about I go with the American Civil War era or around the mid 1800s?

Hmmm, so Telekinesis could work with air manipulation huh?

One question, the rpg will start after the 4 are transported from their timelines right?

Just so we're clear I mean separately not together, can't have someone with two powers lol. I'm saying either one of those works.

But as I said, Cutup, who is another user, is making what appears to be someone from the 2000's.

The mid 1800's was the civil war era basically so yes and yes.

To answer your question: yes, they'll be waking up in a strange forest of giant ass trees at the very beginning of the rp. To be found by Lady Ophelia.

Beau<3
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:26 am

Okay thanks! I got a clear idea for a character. Decided to draw some inspiration from my Texas German background hehe. My character is going to be one stubborn woman with some nurturing skills and I will go with Telekinesis. Now I am excited.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:54 pm

Submitted my Character Ren Fujimoto :)

Please let me know if you think I should make any changes etc

Lolkatlove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:47 pm

Hi there. I am having a hard time with the fontmeme site. I know which font I want to use, but I don't know what to do next. It's my first time using it.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:42 pm

Zodia195 wrote:Hi there. I am having a hard time with the fontmeme site. I know which font I want to use, but I don't know what to do next. It's my first time using it.

so once you're on the site click on text generator and those should have the fonts you can use, not the ones below you have to buy, the ones in the tags. from there is should be self explanatory.

Beau<3
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:54 am

OH for crying out loud!!!! I had completed my character profile today and I accidentally tapped the wrong thing and it took me to another page! I had some of my profile saved in Text, but it took me almost 2 hours to add the personality and history! Ug, I'll get it in soon, but I am too frustrated atm. Gaaa.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:24 pm

oh no!!! if you hit the back button on your web browser it should return it with everything still written though???

Does for me anyway when I have accidently tapped the wrong thing

Lolkatlove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:59 pm

I tried it and it didn't work this time. Use to in the past, but it have something to do with the type of browser I am using too.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:04 pm

Okay, I finally submitted my character and I hope she meets with your approval Beau.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:56 am

I do have to wait a week till I accept anyone but it do like what i'm seeing guys!

Though quick note: Lolkat will you please look over your profile again? You've mixed a few things up culturally including using a Japanese name for your Chinese character. I don't think I'm comfortable with you making a character from a culture that you aren't familiar with.

Beau<3
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:58 am

Oh thanks Beau. Have you been getting more profile submissions? Because this OOC forum hasn't been that active really and I know you want people to remain active here too.

Lolkat, you should use one of those Name Meaning sites. I've used those before when coming up with character names of different cultures and there are sites for even surnames.

As for me I simply used a book about the local history of one part of my family hehe. My character's first name is based off of my 3 times great-grandma who is from Prussia. Last name is simply a German last name. I thought of using my mother's maiden name, but decided not to.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarcasticZombie on Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:50 pm

I'm still here and paying attention haha. I was just on vacation and didn't have time to make any replies to the thread here haha.

BTW Beau, Scarlet Witch is by FAR my favorite Marvel character. So I totally decided to go with Probability Bolt Projection xD. Though my character will be a little more limited and not as OP as Scarlet Witch...I mean the woman was able to change the whole universe...twice...

SarcasticZombie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:26 pm

@Beau: Hello, I realise it was a Japanese last name but Ren is a Chinese name. I just couldn't find a last name I liked so thought Fujimoto would be okay. I am familiar with the culture? Trust me I've done A LOT of history classes on the Mongolian empire and I am an avid fan of Marco Polo (TV Series) which is based on that time period. All the weapons are chinese, there shouldnt be anything 'mixed' up other than the last name.

Lolkatlove
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!