Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hi!!! (Total Newbie >_<)

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hi!!! (Total Newbie >_<)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TimeOfTrial on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Okay so I really don't know what I'm doing right now :P
I've done other roleplays before on other sites and just thought I'd give this sight a chance. Not quite sure how things work here yet so any help would be nice ^^ I consider myself a pretty experienced roleplayer I guess. Usually I like realistic and fantasy roleplays and a good amount of the ones I've done before tended to have some dark things, but I'm really open to anything. Sometimes, out of character, my grammar and spelling tend to be a bit bad but I always, in character, do my best to make sure my grammar is good and there are as few spelling errors as possible. I probably won't post much until I get a better understanding of the site though..still pretty confused at the moment haha. Anyways, because I'm not quite sure what else to put I'll leave it at that. I looked forward to roleplaying with some/most/all? of you(hopefully? ^^)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TimeOfTrial
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hi!!! (Total Newbie >_<)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PumpkinBear on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Welcome!

I'm new as well; It's nice to meet you :D. I enjoy fantasy roleplays too so maybe we'll be rp buddies, huh? huh? lol. Don't be nervous to post. You'll do just fine :)

What other sites did you roleplay on before? I've tried a few others, but the communities were kinda empty. This one seems like the most bustling one I've found so far. But I digress, do you have any ideas in mind for any roleplays? Or just gonna try out ones already posted while you get situated? That's probably what I'll do so I don't mess up D: lol.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PumpkinBear
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OhMerrick on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:32 pm

I'm new, too! It's nice to meet both of you and I hope we run into each other around the fantasy rpgs!
Oh, Merrick!
---
"You know, outside the circus, most people were afraid of me. But I didn't hate them. I pitied them. Do you know why? Because most people will never know anything beyond what they see with their own two eyes."
Nightcrawler, X2

OhMerrick
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TimeOfTrial on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:15 pm

PumpkinBear wrote:Welcome!

I'm new as well; It's nice to meet you :D. I enjoy fantasy roleplays too so maybe we'll be rp buddies, huh? huh? lol. Don't be nervous to post. You'll do just fine :)

What other sites did you roleplay on before? I've tried a few others, but the communities were kinda empty. This one seems like the most bustling one I've found so far. But I digress, do you have any ideas in mind for any roleplays? Or just gonna try out ones already posted while you get situated? That's probably what I'll do so I don't mess up D: lol.

Lol yeah same, but I had a couple of ideas. Before (and still now) I used rpnation. I actually have a lot of active 1x1s still on there but it takes so long to get a reply (or it's like everyone decides to reply at the same time and that's just so overwhelming >_<") So anyways now I'm here lol. I wasn't really to nervous about posting, more just this site's formatting is, kind of, completely different from what I'm used to so it was just a little disorienting at first haha.

TimeOfTrial
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TimeOfTrial on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:18 pm

OhMerrick wrote:I'm new, too! It's nice to meet both of you and I hope we run into each other around the fantasy rpgs!

Yeah ^^ nice too meet you too

TimeOfTrial
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:50 pm

I'm new too (we should start a club), though I'm less new than you all so let me try and explain how it all works!

1) How do I find a Roleplay to join?

There are several ways! The site has a nifty search feature where you can search certain themes that you desire. Like werewolf RPs? Great! Search that up and every RP with that tag will be shown. The problem is, it's an imperfect system. Many of the search results are of RPs that have long since ended, or are not accepting new members. So instead, my favorite option is...

THE FORUMS! Yes, believe it or not, the forums are tailored to help new players. If you are looking for a story to join, the "Out of Character" forum is for you, where you'll find the "Interest Check" subforum, and the "Roleplayers Needed" subforum. Both are pretty self-explanatory, but I'll explain them anyway.

Interest Check: Find, collaborate, and gather interest for a new RP idea! This is where the planning happens; the pre-RP. Great place to get on-board with a RP before it starts, or if you have an idea of your own.

Roleplayers Wanted: GMs can post their RPs here to advertise their own games.

2) Ok, I've found a RP I'm interest in. Now what?

If the RP is utilizing the tab feature inherent on the site, you should see something like this: roleplay/mercs-of-demortris-2#introduction

You'll start off on the introduction page. If you want to submit a character, the character skeleton will probably be somehwere on this page. Once copied, click the "Submit a Character" hyperlink at the top of the introduction page, or on the character's tab. Once you've finished your character, the GM of the RP will take a look at it and accept or deny it.

The RP itself will be written in the "Posting" tab, and all out of character chatter will take place in the "OOC" tab. Very organized!

3) What else should I know?

Know what you're getting yourself into. Read the rules to find out what the GM expects of you. There are some RPs that have no post limit, so you can post as little or as much as you want, but there are also those GMs who expect essay-length entries (I usually stick away from those). Don't be afraid to ask the GM if you are confused! You can send Private Messages (PMs) to other members on their profile, or under their name on forum posts. You first need to have 5 (or 10... I forget) forum posts before you can send PMs.

Hope that was helpful!

Glory
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Recruiter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!