Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Traditional Fantasy quest RP (Full)

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Traditional Fantasy quest RP (Full)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriyto on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:44 pm

I never tried doing a D&D RPG on a forum; I’ve only played with friends in real life. But since they’re gone, I’ll give it a try here. I’m going to use a campaign I played in the past as a plotline and I’ll act as DM, stepping in to start scenes and help point the characters in the right direction and push them along if things grind to a stop.

The story starts off as a simple adventure and grows into a quest. The players must search for 8 magic crystals that are scattered across the land. When they are combined, they become a mega crystal with unlimited power. An evil Mage is hunting for them and will throw all sorts of obstacles in the Hero’s way.

Now for characters. To start with, the Hero group should have between 3 to 5 members. The character race can be Human, Elf, Dwarf, or half-breeds of any of these. If you are a magic-user please limit your character’s magic to either one element-type (water mage, fire mage, etc.) or one magic type (destruction, alteration, illusion, etc).

Character info I need:

Name:

Age (must be 18 or older):

Race:

Profession:

Description/Picture (picture is preferred but words are fine):

Personality:

PM me your character before posting it.
Last edited by Kriyto on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kriyto
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Traditional Fantasy quest RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keena on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:13 pm

Name: Elandili

Race: Elf

Profession: Scout/Archer

Description/Picture: Image

Personality: Elandili is usually calm and honest. He seldom lies, only when imperative to his survival. He is extremely skilled at fighting but like all elves he believes killing is wrong. He detests fighting, but where as most elves are blinded by their theory that life, no matter what the circumstance is, should be preserved, Elandili knows that there are times when killing is needed. He also has a bird companion named Gal who acts as a spy and scout.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Keena
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Applepoisoneer on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:35 pm

I think this sounds awsome and would really like to join, but I just have a really quick question. Do we need to do the D&D Mathmatics that EVERYONE's just so fond of? Because... I don't have any dice. Or is this just kind of a stylized thing?

Applepoisoneer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriyto on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:00 pm

No, players don't need to worry about dice rolls, hit points or other stat points. Just keep your character from being as powerful as Merlin or strong like He-Man or invincible like Superman.

Kriyto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azalon on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Is this a free-for-all type roleplay where you post however many times you want or is it more structured? What about the size of the post, does it matter?

Azalon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriyto on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:03 pm

The post limit thing is a bit tricky but I'm going to say yes, there is a limit but it's up to the players to respect it. That's why I want to keep the Hero group small, so people don't get left behind. I've been in some RPs where 2 players post nonstop and almost form a clique in the RP and the other members can't jump in. I can't force people to not post, just try not to leave other players behind just because they don't stay online or live in the forum.

Now, as far as post size, that's another tricky topic. I'd like to see them at least a paragraph, with some description and dialouge but you don't have to fill it with fluff because just to fill a word count. If it calls for it, a post can be a sentence or 2. Just don't make every post like that, otherwise it's not much fun for the other players.

Kriyto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AcaciaAvenue on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:04 am

Name: Jarah Montclaire

Race: Human

Profession: Wizard. (Fire.)

Description/Picture:

Personality: He is often sarcastic but has no problem telling people how it is. He is often distasteful but as far as being an ally goes his loyalty lies with his companions, laying it all on the line to make sure that nobody is hurt if he can prevent it. He can be very arrogant when it comes to a fighting situation, he is very intelligent, sometimes this is a very bad combination. When it comes down to companion, there aren't many men better to have with you than Jarah.

AcaciaAvenue
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Araujo

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PandaMind on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:09 am

Please delete this post...sorry
Last edited by PandaMind on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PandaMind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriyto on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:01 am

please don't post your characters here unless unless I okay them. PM them to me first. so far only Keena and AcaciaAvenue are approved. PandaMind, I will consider yours along with the character sheets others have sent me through PM.

Kriyto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PinkLink on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:34 am

Name: Jayla

Race: Human

Profession: Thief

Description/Picture:Image

Personality: Jayla is a fiercely independent woman who grew up in the backstreets of her home town living by her wits. She hates remaining in one place for any length of time and enjoys the freedom of the open road. Friendly and easygoing, Jayla has a positive outlook on any situation, no matter the odds.

PinkLink
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriyto on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:49 am

The Characters

Elandill - Elf - Archer/Scout

Jarah Montclaire - Human - Fire Wizard

Jayla - Human - Thief

Ilarasinria Lanlynna - Elf - Healer/herbalist

Jarven Fireheart - Human - Swordsman
Last edited by Kriyto on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kriyto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Elitist on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:54 am

What about antagonists?
Am I able to play as character who's mission is to try and stop the 'heroes'?

The Elitist
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriyto on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:28 pm

I'll be playing the villains and NPC characters. It'll be easier that way since the main bad guy will not be showing up till the end and all the bad guys and monsters will be killed by the Heroes. If I let players do the bad side then I'll be running 2 story lines at the same time and things will get confusing quick.

Kriyto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Elitist on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:39 pm

Ah, I see.
Well, I'm still somewhat interested.
Tell you what... if it doesn't fill up for a day or so I will join.

The Elitist
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriyto on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:09 pm

The character type needed is Swordsman/woman.
Last edited by Kriyto on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kriyto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:27 am

Name: Ilarasinria Lanlynnar (Nickname of Ila or Ilara to make it easier)

Age (must be 18 or older):115 (early 20's in human equivalancy)

Race: Elven

Profession: Healer, herbalist

Description/Picture (picture is preferred but words are fine):

Personality: Ilara is kind hearted and quiet, qualities seen in most of her healing brethren. She horribly dislikes war and battle but during the past 20 years she has seen more than her share of bloodshed as she walks the battlefields to save her kin. She also has the utmost respect for life and will not use her staff as a weapon unless absolutely no other way out is available. She is still discovering her role in her world.
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PinkLink on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:51 am

The group seems to be coming together nicely. I'm eager to see how this adventure plays out.

PinkLink
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Applepoisoneer on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:45 am

Name; Helba Copperlore
Age; 203
Race; Half-elf
Profession; druid
Picture;
Personality; Quite cunning, always seems to be thinking or scheming. However, can be distracted at times by bouts of lust. She's easily amused by the actions of others and isn't easily angered. Her druidic attributes fit nicely in with her actual personality.

Sorry, I found a better picture to use.
Last edited by Applepoisoneer on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Applepoisoneer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriyto on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:20 am

I'm still looking over characters, the group needs a swordsman or woman. Can't go on a quest without a fighter so PM your character to me if you're interested.

Kriyto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Chinese Fireball on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:03 pm

I've sent you my swordsman char sheet...alright if you don't accept it. I won't be able to post my char sheet till about 6 am UTC (I live in Australia).
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris' computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.
Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.
Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo's hiding.
Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet as Chuck Norris.

What do you call a black man flying a plane?
A pilot, you racist.

Got Rice?

Twilight is the story of a girl's choice between necrophilia and bestiality.

My new RP: Life Imitating Art.

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!