Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Trapped ((OOC/Signups))

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Trapped ((OOC/Signups))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:23 pm

Anthros had always been believed to be something made up for stories, games, and movies. For years it was just a story told to children to put them to sleep of a legend from another culture. Until the year 2856 when a strange planet almost exactly like earth was discovered. This planet had trees, plants, water, deserts, and even the same air as Earth. It was inhabitable by humans, even. The only difference was the layout of the land but that was to be expected.

On this 'second Earth', a new race was discovered. A race which was quickly named Anthro. The reason? Each individual was, indeed, like a walking, talking animal. They, too, wore clothes, spoke English, and even had hands. There were cats, dogs, rabbits, and every other earth animal imaginable! They were like humans in that their height varied between each individual but their average height was about the same as humans.

These anthros were welcoming and friendly, not hesitating to greet the humans and show them around. The humans, however, wanted to study this newly discovered race. A science lab was built on the planet and several were taken to be studied in every way possible, from breathing to exercise to eating habits. Every area that could possibly be studied was studied. Several were even taken back to Earth to be studied in Earth's environment.

Some of the Anthros were only too happy to oblige and be studied since it offered them a chance to study the humans. However, a large majority were displeased by the humans' actions. Many began attacking the lab and any humans they saw in an attempt to chase out the invaders while some sided with and protected the humans as much as possible.

((Also, for those of you who don't know what an anthro is, here's a definition. Anthros are like human/animal cross breeds. Take a cat, for example, give it the basic human body structure (ability to walk around like us, hands, skeleton, etc.) but leave the fur, and give it speech. In this rp they're human enough that they have to wear clothes. They can also have hair.))

The Role Play is located at the lab on earth.

Rules:

1: Please put a little bit of effort into your character sheet.
2: Try and be active. Don't post and never come back, post at least once a day.
3: Please be a little bit literate. I know we are all prone to mistakes but try and watch your spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Also, post at least four to five sentences per post. Be descriptive, that way we know what your character is doing and so we have something for our characters to do.
4: Follow the general RPG rules. No god-modding, no Mary-Sues, etc.
5: Romance is allowed but keep it PG-13.
6: Three character maximum. No more!
7: What I say goes, got it?
8: Be creative and original!
9: ...There is no nine. See! I'm not making up fifty-million rules this time!

Character Sheet:

Name:
Race:
Animal (if Anthro):
Appearance:
Bio:
Personality:
Lab Number (if Anthro):

My Character:

Name: Tenka Shikako

Race: Anthro

Animal (if Anthro): Tiger

Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/tige ... gRules.jpg

Clothing Reference: http://media.photobucket.com/image/anth ... 6Ewan1.jpg ((Without the items on the ears.))

Bio: Tenka was thirteen when the first humans came to his home planet. At first he was suspicious, unsure of whether he really wanted to trust the humans or not, but gradually he opened up. He would often take the humans on 'tours' to his favorite areas to hunt, farm, play, etc. As soon as he turned fourteen, however, his trust of humans was broken when he was captured and taken on board the space ship, along with several other Anthros, and taken back to Earth.

Once he was on Earth, he was taken to a lab where he was given the number 'thirteen'. Every inch of him was studied and tested in some way until he became quite desperate to escape. Several times he tried to escape but each time he was caught and returned to his cage. He still tries to escape, one of the few Anthro with an unbreakable will.

Personality: Tenka is a major hot-head. He gets angry quickly and takes a very long time to cool down enough to forgive whoever angered him. He's very proud of his light blue fur and hair, the first the rules with him being; 1) Don't touch the tail, 2) Don't mess up the fur, and 3) Don't mess up the hair.

Tenka is very active and loves to run around. He has to be taken to the exercise room often or else he won't be able to sit still. He practically lives on milk and any kind of meat except fish. He hates fish the most and no one can get him to eat it.

Lab Number (if Anthro): 13
FRIENDS: Will look at you like you're crazy when you tell them you're an alien from outerspace.
BEST FRIENDS: Will break you out of the loony bin and drive you to New Mexico to meet up with the mothership.

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
Who was the first person to say "See that chicken over there... I'm gonna eat the first thing that comes out of its butt"?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seijun13
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Trapped ((OOC/Signups))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Comrade Vacilli on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:28 pm

Name: Shade
Race: anthro
Animal (if Anthro): wolf
Appearance: (from my chararcter dexcp. in Ironclaw!) slim timber wolf with coal-black fur, red eyes, shouldafr length silky blue hair.
Bio: O.o
Personality: Likes to aruge. V is for vendetta
Lab Number (if Anthro): V is fro vendeatta

There should be two, no more, no less. One to embody power, one to crave it. "
- Darth Bane
" I? I am peace, I am salvation."
- Grave mind

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Comrade Vacilli
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:17 pm

Name:
Terra Lynnee Kroshortt

Race:
Anthro (I love furries!)

Animal (if Anthro):
Fox

Appearance:
Of course, she'll be wearing more than that in the RP...

Bio:
Terra was born a performer. Before she could walk she was dancing, before she could talk she was belting out tunes. With a big set of lungs and a fit body, she was able to spend the most of her life dancing and singing and flying through the air, exploring and causing trouble when bored.

When she was fifteen when the humans invaded the planet, and she was curious and deemed them relatively harmless after a few months. In fact, within a year she had acquired a human for a best friend. His name was Andy and it was like they had known eachother from birth and were of the same race. Andy watched Terra perform for him and helped her with her moves.

On her sixteenth birthday, Andy said he had something special to show Terra.
And, boy oh boy, he did.
He turned her in to the scientists and she was deported to Earth to the test center there, and Andy came too, his father being a scientist. The human boy tried to apologize, as they saw eachother quite regularly, but Terra never forgave him and still wonders why he could do such a thing; Still, Andy persists and she sees him regularly and ignores him.

As for her life aside from Andy:
Terra, after being locked up, protested verbally and physically to the tests performed on herself, literally dancing away from her captors and delivering verbal abuse in the form of song. Eventually, she was rewarded with her ankles being shackled full-time and it's the worst thing one can do to her besides death, since Terra is a dancer. The shackle thing often depresses her but the fox anthro never loses hope and mostly is just the same, even if she can't dance.

Personality:
Terra is often curious, when she doesn't know something, she has to find out. And if you make her angry? Prepare to walk away humiliated; the witty anthro has a tongue sharper than a blade. She is very brave, even if she does get very scared, and is often rash or does things without thinking ahead, and is bold. Her spirit is as free as her dancing; but now her dancing is limited and Terra feels caged (and not because of the actual cage around her.) She does, however, have a sense of humor that could kill.

Lab Number (if Anthro):
.;A picture's worth a thousand words;.
.;But when those words are worthless;.
.;So is the picture;.

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:23 pm

Comrade- I'm guessing the Bio's going to be revealed during the RP, right?

Kitty- ... Y-you... You came... OHMYGOSHKITTYYOUCAMEBAAACK!!!!!! *glomps* I missed you! Did you guess?

Anyway, ACCEPTED! I love the character! Lol... Age: 17.6. Don't see that very often.

Seijun13
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CosineTheta on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:35 pm

How's this? I have a normal furry, and a...weird one...

Name: Dropped-from-the-Tree (or just Tree, for short)
Animal: Panda

Appearance: A little on the fat side, with shaggy fur that stays flatter where her clothes go. Wears wire-rimmed glasses and jackets and pants with lots of pockets. Often wears t-shirts with Chinese characters on them that mean random things like "letter" and "day of the week."

Bio: She first encountered the humans on her own turf, and was surprised to realize that while she was studying them, they were studying her. (Incidentally, one of the first English words she learned was "panda girl." Which is actually two words, but you know what I mean.)
She has continued to take meticulous notes of the humans after her capture, and try to learn the best ways to escape from captivity, although she has not tried to force an escape.

Personality: Bookish, and very fond of her own personal style. She likes to act like she's Chinese, and has a fascination with Earth's Asian countries. She tends to be quiet at first, but if one gets to know her, she will be rather loud and obnoxious, seemingly never embarrassed.

Lab Number: 42 (because it wasn't taken.)

Name: Alexander Lightwater
Animal: octopus (because they're cool, you know?)

Appearance: You have to mess up an octopus pretty badly to get a human shape out of it. Take an octopus, and stand it on the end of the big noselike thing, which will be his torso. Take four of the tentacles and move them so they're at the bottom of the new torso. They're now his legs. Take the head, with the beak and the eyes, and pinch it off so it's more like a human's, separated from the torso by a neck. Just give him four arms, which are boneless and have thick webbing between them, making them kind of weird. (I say, as if the whole thing isn't weird.) So yeah, not really like Davy Jones.

Bio: Alex was taken from a reef on his home planet, where he was a rather well-known contemporary artist. He makes sculptures out of whatever happens to be lying around, if he can. He has nearly successfully escaped from captivity several times, until the people guarding him realized that he could get out of a tank with an open top (or, for that matter, a tank with a hole in it) and survive comfortably on land. (I don't care what octopuses can do---Alex can survive comfortably on land. And walk and all that, although moving around on his back is faster.)

Personality: He's hammy, and a bit egotistical, if not race-proud. Not racist, necessarily, he just thinks anyone who isn't a cepholopod just isn't as cool. He's also rather good at martial arts.

Lab Number: 57
WatakushiwaI shall remain,
I am

AkumadeUntil the end,
A demon and

ShitsujidesuA butler,
A butler.

Kara.Completely.
That is why.

CosineTheta
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Cosine- I LOVE the characters! Haha, an octopus Anthro. And the name for the panda Anthro was... Interesting. ACCEPTED!

EDIT: Does she Tree look sort of like this? http://media.photobucket.com/image/pand ... gueuza.jpg

We need some humans... Never thought Anthros would be so popular. Oh well.

Seijun13
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CosineTheta on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:01 pm

Eh...remotely. She's chubby. And she wears more normal clothes. That's the basic shape of what I had in mind for her race.

CosineTheta
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:03 pm

Meh. It works. I mainly use pictures as a reference as to how my characters look (hair style and such) and then give them a quick description. The pictures offer a visual unless I find a picture which matches my character (like with Tenka). Not to mention, I though that picture was cute. :D

Seijun13
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:19 pm

Octopus, eh? I can beat that. (By the way, your avatar is very funny. I'm only a little familiar with that character (Edward, is it?) but I've heard a lot of short jokes made about him...so yeah.)

Name: Nuuzuumuz

Animal: Bee

Appearance: Like this as an Anthro. Not so hard, actually. Her face is also a little more human-esk. Like, she has pincers, but they're arranged in a shape that's more like a human mouth. She's also rather tall for one of her race, standing at about five and a half feet.

Bio: She started as a worker in her hive at age seven, after she pupated. She was put on maggot duty when she was sixteen, and has been working in the hive since then. She was captured when the hive was smoked. She had left carrying a maggot and as much honey as she could get, which she was forced to give up when she was put in a cage. She hasn't had a chance to make an escape attempt yet.

Personality: She takes a businesslike, no-nonsense approach to things. She takes a logical approach to problems, often disregarding the feelings of others if her action is for the good of the group. Having been raised in a hive, her motto is "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few," and she has been brought up with the opinion that the most noble way to die is to protect the ones you care about.

Lab Number (if Anthro): 128

Name: Uuzm

Age: 6 (nearly at pupating age---that'll probably happen in the duration of this story)

Animal: Bee

Appearance: It's a giant maggot. It can make little noises, but not speak. However, it can understand what other people say. It's about as intelligent as a human six-year-old.

Bio: See above.

Personality: Not much in this field. Although, it is a little spoiled.

Lab Number (if Anthro): 129
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:42 am

Name: Nathan Brightman
Animal (if Anthro): Black Panther
Appearance: 6 feet tall, with jet black hair, a silver streak running through his fringe. His eyes are topaz yellow, typical feline eyes. He wears a black long-sleeved tanktop and a pair of black denim jeans. His feet-paws are uncovered. He has three silver rings in his left ear and he wears a watch round his right wrist.
Bio: Music is his love. Music is his life. This panther is, or was, a student at a local music school, learning the electric guitar under a famous guitarist. He still had much to learn, the classes had only just begun for him, and he was eager to get rolling and learn as much as he could before stepping onto the music scene.

After the humans found them on their homeworld, Nathan grew to liking the human music. He expressed this interest to one of the humans he met, and the human gave him a gadget called an 'MP3 player'. Inside it was some of the best music the humans had to offer, from classical composers like Mozart and Beethoven, to the current "in" bands and artists, rock music, rap music, every genre known to man. The human also gave him a pair of earbuds, attached to the player. The earbuds allowed Nathan to listen to music from the player. The human asked him whether he wanted to go to Earth to showcase his talent, and naturally, he agreed.

Next thing he knew, he found himself stuck in a cage on Earth, being fitted with all these crazy scientific thingamabobs and gadgets, humans testing anything and everything about him. He began to dislike the humans, but he still held a liking towards their music.

Personality: Very much the introvert whether he is listening to his music or not.
Lab Number (if Anthro): 4

For I, am The Darkness...

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackfangOfReon on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:13 pm

I feel rebellious, so I'll be a human, I'm so goth not to go with the crowd... Not really.

Name: Terrance McTallahan

Race: Human

Appearance: Lazy day!
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r315/quintinbur/girlnerd.jpg

Bio: Growing up, Terrance had an affinity for animals, instead of barbie dolls, she wanted stuffed animals so she decided that she would become a vetinarian. Being a star student throughout her years of schooling even took collage courses during high school so she could graduate early from college. Being the top of her graduating class it was easy for her to obtain scholorships for vet school, once she graduated from college the government hired her once they discovered the second 'earth' and its inhabitants, she didn't know why they would hire her until she saw the inhabitants in the lab. She felt a bit wrong working in this lab where some of the anthro's were treated like a object rather than living things, but she couldn't do anything to stop them all she could do was make sure they were comfortable in their new enviroment.

Personality: Terrance is used to working with normal animals so she isn't very socialable to beings that talk back to her, though she is extremely kind most people mistake her for being stuck up due to her overly shy nature which finds it hard to form a decent conversation at times. When she gets angry she usually bottles it up and goes about her way, though tends to get revenge in a subtle manner
Praise to my father,
Blessed by the water,
Black night, dark sky,
The devil's cry!

BlackfangOfReon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:28 pm

DCLXVI- Whee! A bee! ACCEPTED! Both your characters will be very interesting to meet! =3

And, yeah. Edward's hilarious! And cute. X3 He's fun to write stories about because it's so easy to make fun of him.

DJAtomica- ACCEPTED! Very detailed Bio. I like it!

BlackFang- OHMYGOSHWEFINALLYHAVEAHUMAN! I'm so happy!!! Of course she's ACCEPTED! If we could get a few more humans then everything will be perfect.

Now that we have at least one human, is everyone ready for me to make the IC thread?

Seijun13
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackfangOfReon on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:40 pm

OutOfCupcakes: I'm ready, better yet I was born ready!

BlackfangOfReon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:34 pm

Ready as I'll ever be.

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:02 pm

Ditto.

(Can you believe it wouldn't let me post just "ditto?" Weird...)

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CosineTheta on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:03 pm

I am t3h readyz0rz.

CosineTheta
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:18 pm

All right, everyone! Here's the IC thread!

Trapped ((IC))

Seijun13
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NoxDuMort on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:42 pm

((BEAT THIS PEOPLES!!! Oh and, hi again Sei))

Name: Vizrhieth
Animal: Komodo Dragon
Appearance: Imagine The Reptile from Spiderman and you have Viz, except the scales are smaller, and of a sandy color. Usually wears a light green t-shirt with specially made jeans that have a hole in the back, allowing his three-foot long tail to move freely.
Bio: Born into a hatch family of thirty as the fifteenth baby, Viz was never the younger brother or the older sibling, just the middle child that was caught between pleasing his older siblings and trying to keep the younger ones from killing him. He was further set apart from the rest of the family when he was found to have Streptococcus pyogenes in his gums, a vicious flesh-eating virus, even more surprised were the doctors that he was immune to the deadly virus. Due to his 'abnormality' he was separated from his family at the young age of eight and sent to live on his own, the doctors providing him with shelter and clothes. He soon became something similar to a leper, a diseased thing to be avoided, by the populace.

Was 497664000 seconds old when Human Beings came to Anthros, and soon became enthralled with their unusualness, what he thought was a likeness to himself. So when an offer to be brought to Earth arose he volunteered himself and was immediatly taken in. He now finds himself locked in a cage, with the number 616 being his sole name.
Personality: Highly patient, somewhat cynical, likes to maintain that "mysterious' air about himself, somewhat of an introvert
Lab Number: 616

((Would be much appreciated if could find pic :}))
Me- If everyone could see what do you think they would say?
Other- But everyone can see.
Me- Really? I never noticed with all the idiots stubbling around in the dark.

NoxDuMort
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Nox- Hi! And... Wow. A very amazing character. *whips out calculator* Now to discover the age. *stares at calculator blankly* ... Know what? ACCEPTED! Now just give me an hour to find out what I need to do... And then another hour to actually do it correctly... *five seconds later...* I give up. How do you set up the problem? (Yes! My brain has currently shut off and does not wish to come back on. Which is when all the fun begins! =D You can be sure things are going to get interesting...) Feel free to post in the IC whenever you want.

Seijun13
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:11 pm

Cool.

You say your character is in a room with other Anthros. Are they us?

Edit: @Nox: I used that song from Rent to figure out your character's age in years. That's how much of a nerd I am.
@Sei: Divide the number he gave by 60, to get his age in minutes, then divide it by 525,600 to get his age in years. He's 17.7534, if that's right.
Last edited by DCLXVI on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!