Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Trials of Darkstrive {OOC/SU}

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Trials of Darkstrive {OOC/SU}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlessDesire on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Trials of Darkstrive IC

Darkstrive, a present day learning/work organization. It is not a public educational system, in fact barely any one knows about it. Instead of the traditional entry to organizations, the chairs at the head of the comittee go out and find their students to be. There is no certain place where the Darkstrive lies within the globe, for that would only bring problems, like the government coming and shutting down the operations. So the network of locations can only be connected by letters. If you have yet to piece together what this system is about, the Darkstrive is rather an organization teaching the new age's young to thrive by doing darker deeds. Whether it be in theft, murder, or any other deed frowned upon society, the Darkstive supports their children in any shape or form.

With no single establishment containing the students they are instead spread across the globe set in different 'classes' usually consisting of eight members each.When one member leaves Darkstrive, whether by death, graduation, or recruitment by another group organization supported by Darkstrive, a replacement is quickly found. However this does sometimes bring newer blood to the group making their total quality drop. Each 'class' will receive letters from the heads of the Academy with a list of jobs needed to be done within a certain time span in the area. Usually this will require the 'class' to split up, dividing them into a few subgroups to accomplish some missions. Darkstrive has been compared to a network of mercenaries since no one really understands where the jobs originated, or really the reasoning behind the jobs. In fact rumors sometimes spread that the students are actually just tools used to gain Darkstrive money or power throughout the world.

The students in a 'class' all live under the same roof, funded by the Darkstrive. Debating on the 'grade' (quality) of the 'class's' job sets the limit on the payroll. The less leads one leaves for the media, the effectiveness of the job, the items worth, the better their 'grade' is. Setting a priority on their food supplies, as well as housing over simple entertainment. Students do not get direct control over the money, instead the comittee funds the things the majority of the 'class' desire for either their homestead or work, or what they think the class needs. With no teachers, it is up to the students within the set 'class' to support one another. If a job proves to difficult for a single body, then multiple students will need to attend. The level of work is determined on the 'class's' total quality. If more students are needed because the members are not skilled enough, then the job gets taken away, and that class is branded a failure.

There is only one 'class' assigned per 6 cities, keeping a distance between each to make sure they can not interfere with one another's work. As well this keeps it so the Darkstrive can maximize the efficiency of any given 'class'. It is extremely rare for any student to see another from a different 'class'. Darkstrive takes these children from their home, usually because of debt or another job. Most come at the young age of four, this is in order to cut any ties between that child and the 'good' world. Therefore whomever they are assigned with is usually the closest ones they have to a family. For the first class one is assigned to, is usually the one they remain in until they finally finish the teachings if not pulled out. By pulled out, one would mean the attempts of a student to be recognized by other crime organizations has been realized, and thus the student is adopted into that branch.

Once one has left the Darkstrive on good terms, they are offered a job as a Descendant, or an extended work contract. Descendants are the people who have a constant eye over the students in training. They have been known to let the students get killed or arrested, for their only job is to never be seen or heard by the students. Reporting to the Darkstrive head comittee about the progress of various 'classes' are what they do. Strictly forbidden from making any contact with the students directly. Failure to obey their rules would mean certain death. On the other hand there is the extended work contracts, which carry out jobs that are incapable of being done by simply students. Some organizations were even created by contracts signed by old members. A few names that may ring a bell, the Yakuza, the Mafia, the Zetas. These different crime organizations are well funded by Darkstrive, and are well aquainted with it. If they are to turn down both offers, they are free to live amongst the world however they desire.

Character Skeleton

Name:
Age: (Preferably 13-18, can be more if one wants to represent another organization)
Primary Specialization: (Whether it be in burglary, hacking, assassination, or various others I can not think of. This is what your character is better in then others.)
Secondary Specialization: (Not as good as one's Primary, however if the 'class' must seperate into sub-groups it is useful to have another that is partially skilled in any given skill.)
Other: (As for history and personalities, develop them in story! Otherwise you will only choke yourself trying to live up to its standards. )

Accepted Characters

Albert Fairchild- Demolition/Insertion
Cailyn Delma- Assassination(long range)/Stealth
Nathan Green- Hacking/Cleanup
Isaac Varis- Recovery/ Hand to Hand
Valerie Blare- Medical/ Lock picking
Open-
Open-
Open-
~If needed send me a PM and we can work on making a few more spots.~
Last edited by DreamlessDesire on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.

♪♫Whether if-its for the light, or if-its for the dark. Here I stand, my head held high. ♫♪

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DreamlessDesire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Trials of Darkstrive {OOC/SU}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:50 pm

*reserves this spot for my character

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nanase
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:06 pm

ImageName: Albert Fairchild
Primary Specialization: Demolitions and explosives, both the obvious and the discreet.
Secondary Specialization: Insertion, getting into mission locations
Other: (As for history and personalities, develop them in story! Otherwise you will only choke yourself trying to live up to its standards. )

Let me know if this is good! I'll also try to think of anything that could go into the Other category.
Last edited by PanzerJedi on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:20 pm

Name: Cailyn Delma
Primary Specialization: Assassination - long range weaponry
Secondary Specialization: Sneakiness (pretty much camouflaged, ability to not be seen)
Other: Has a long scar that runs down her face and through her right eye. It's obviously a knife wound but she prefers to not say how she got it, though it is a constant reminder to her, along with other wounds, as to the results of failure

Last edited by Nanase on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Pew pew done. Can't find much of a better picture and yes the burns are staying, generally cause I find 'em pretty cool. XD

Name: Nathan Green

Primary Specialization: Hacking.

Secondary Specialization: Cleaning. He comes in after the target or targets are dead and gets rid of all incriminating evidence against the Darkstrive. After which he makes it look like the scene of a normal murder and plants evidence to frame an average person chosen at random.

Other: Nobody quite knows why but Nate’s extremely religious, he wears a necklace of the cross that he took from one of his target’s bodies and has a scar in the shape of a cross on his hand, which seems to become fresher every week. He’s even gone so far as to steal a bible from the church and before leaving the scene of his crime he’ll almost always say a prayer for the dead.
Last edited by Tyle Kalrian on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
'Any idiot can handle a crisis - it's this day-to-day living that wears you out.' - Anton Chekhov

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:15 pm

Name: Isaac Varis
Primary Specialization: Recovery. Specializes in locating and stealing items, as well as any leaked data and the like.
Secondary Specialization: Hand to Hand combat. Incapacitate an enemy, without the nasty after effects, like death.
Other: Reacts to things in a very human like way. Often comments on the absurdity or difficulty of his situation in a humorous way.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Dex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlessDesire on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:20 pm

I just noticed I forgot appearance!!!! Sorry for the confusion, but please do add an appearance to your sheets ^^''

All the profiles look great! So accepted down the line! But for those without appearance pics, please do add them.

@Tyle, if you could, hacking would be outstanding ^.^, since we have no Primary hacker. And yes, it is always good to have a cleaner just in case a mission requires a clean up job afterwards.

Edit: Sorry, I tend to get a little forgetful when I am excited ^^'
Last edited by DreamlessDesire on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DreamlessDesire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:33 pm

hmmm I seem to of forgotten to put a picture up XD

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlessDesire on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:34 pm

That is my fault entirely, it was not originally on the Character Skeleton because of my own forgetfulness.. Sorry!

DreamlessDesire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:36 pm

lol, you don't need to apologise XD everybody else seemed capable enough to put up a pic without there being a picture category :)

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:39 pm

hmm... It appears once again I am the only young one..... ah well LOL

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:43 pm

Ahhh yes but it also grants you the oppurtunity to be the weird girl that carries around a teddy with no eyes and giggles creepily and everyone secretly wishes wasn't staring at them. :P

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:01 pm

THAT SENTENCE :3 wins

but no.... that dosn't work I think.... now if said teddy bear was filled with folded up weapons and grenades.... then maybe.

but no...... it's prolly more that I relate to the younger shorter people more. :(

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlessDesire on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Name: Valerie Blare
Appearance: Image
Primary Specialization: Medical (Knows vital locations)
Secondary Specialization: Lock picking
Other: As a result of a failed mission, the media caught part of her name, in their attempt to make the name known to the public they filled it out as Valkyrie.
Last edited by DreamlessDesire on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DreamlessDesire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlessDesire on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:08 pm

On the plus side Nanase, Cailyn can be like Valerie's little sister! Yes, a sisterly bond that remains in the shadows as they ghost people from the darkness, leaving only mutilated corpses behind as they share the benefits of a completed mission.. xD

Better yet, have our explosives expert rig the teddy bear with timer explosives. They would never expect a young girl's teddy bear to carry explosives.. ^.^

DreamlessDesire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 pm

but i don't carry a teddy bear....... so mute point is mute...... She's not touchy feely... at least not any more if she was, *directs back to, "the failed mission" hinted at in history*

was not a pleasant site when she was found

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlessDesire on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:18 pm

I am only joking, amusing myself as i try to think of all the possible Specializations.

I am surprised however by how fast this roleplay drew attention! ^.^, I do thank you all for it.

DreamlessDesire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlessDesire on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:52 pm

Alright, so I will start working on the IC this afternoon, so expect it up either tonight or early morning ^^'. Unfortunately it's not up to me to plan my days..

For others who check out the Trials of Darkstrive, we still need 3 more people for a full set. ^.^

DreamlessDesire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Mutilated corpses? Bah, a little C4 and some Det-chord and there are no more corpses. Though there would be a pretty big mess for the clean up guy though, lol. Also, I'll get a pic up sometime today.

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:36 pm

You monster, causing meh to clean all that up. XD Anyways I can't really find much of a better picture so I'ma just go with the one I put up and I'll keep the burns, just throw it in as a note on the others. btw Jedi what happened with that ww2 rp?

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!