Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Trigger Finger

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Trigger Finger

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:38 am

Amber listened to what Mick said, and it did make sense. She didn't know either of them well enough to say she knew them, far from it, but what she had seen certainly coincided with Mick's explanation of how to get Nix to talk. So he needed to be distracted, more likely drunk, or negotiated with. It sounded fairly simple, but Amber highly doubted it would be. When the topic changed to level of agression the man might show she listened intently. He hadn't seemed particularly violent, just... upset or strained. She had known that much, but hearing it from another did make her feel better. She didn't want to push too hard and not be able to return from it. "I understand." She said after mulling over his words. "So in short, wait for the opportune moment, and know when to back out." She gave a small smile back at Mick.

"Ahh..." Amber said as she realized what Mick had meant by afraid. While she had been thinking of spooky things in the night, he had meant scared in another way, which made more sense. She gave a small blush at her own silly thoughts. "I see, that does make more sense, and i see how it could help, or open a few more doors." She said. She sipped at the cool drink in her hands for a moment then looked back up at Mick.

The young woman gave Mick a warm smile. They were so kind to her, a woman they hardly knew. She really couldn't think of a single way to express her gratitude for everything they had done for her. "Thank you. That is very kind." She said lightly. "I will do anything i can to make my being here easier on the both of you. If there is anyway i can ever repay you, please let me know." She said. She hoped to find a way to make it up to the two men.

Rule number 126: I am not allowed to Declare it official hug a slytherin day.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:31 pm

Mick smiled at her, and it was genuine."Hey, you're with us now. Alkhir otovi ijidan'ni caivo, Reidanian for 'never leave a man behind.' You'd be amazed how strictly they stick to that and honestly, it's rubbed off on me. But you don't have anything to worry about--you're one of us, and we take care of each other. All you gotta do is keep your head on a swivel and pay attention to what's going on around you. Now, more importantly, think to yourself what you might want for dinner, eh? We can go out or make something, I'm up for anything and I know Nix isn't picky. Thoughts?" Mick put his empty glass on the windowsill--he'd want that later. "And then tonight we can work on getting you a shiny new identity so you and Nix can go off and find Kale without any hitches."

(((super sorry about the short post...goodness, I don't have it in me today, apparently.))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:29 am

Amber smiled widely at that, the mans good attitude rubbing off on her. "Alright." She said with a nod. Her dark hair slipped out of it's pony tail a bit and fell into her face. She reached up fix the stray curl as she thought. She was one of them now. It had never felt so good to be considered part of a group. Until now she had always wished to be someone else, with others. it seemed for once her life was going in a good direction.

Dinner... that was what she needed to think of. She smiled at the simple thought, her biggest worry for the evening was what she wanted for dinner. it was relaxing to be honest. "Well, if no one is against the idea, a good steak pie would be lovely. I wouldn't mind a little taste of home, and i know how to make it." She shrugged.

((no worries. ^^))

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:14 pm

"What in blazes is steak pie?" Came Tristan's voice from the door as he pushed open the screen. He was pushing his arms through his t-shirt as he entered the kitchen; for just a flash, the thick scar on his abdomen showed against his lightly tanned skin like a blaze of white fur on a dog's belly. This he was quick to cover. If Tristan Nixon was ever in a good mood in Amber's presence, it was now. His shoulders relaxed, that ever-present and very faint scowl on his brow dissipated, and he lost that militaristic rhythm in his steps--instead, he let his bare heels scuff against the tile kitchen floor as he languidly lumbered in from outside. The man's changed demeanor was impossible to miss, enough that Mick spent a moment just looking him over as if trying to read him. "I thought you put fruit in pies. Apple--isn't that what you Americans are crazy about?"
"Imagine....well, don't, actually--they're nothing similar. One's dinner and one's dessert....i guess the only real similarity is they're the same shape. That help?" Mick offered, tilting his head slightly.
"Sure...." Nix shrugged it off and hoisted himself to a sitting position on Mick's counter. "Thank goodness you live in Miami, Mick. If there wasn't as much sun here, who knows, I might've snapped," Tristan joked. Looking to Amber, he asked, "Did you call your friend?"

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:28 pm

Amber smiled softly as Nix came in from outside. She noticed the difference and smiled a little wider. "it's a common dinner where im from." She shrugged. "It's rather good." She added, thinking about the taste of steak pie. "It's chunks of steak, in a pie like form." She tried to explain it. "It's usually made with Kidney's as well, but i'm not terribly fond of Kidney. Too chewy." She wrinkled her nose a bit at that thought. "If you don't like the sound of it, we don't have to have that. It was just a thought." She shrugged.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:56 am

((heya! Sorry it's taken me so long! But to be honest, I'm having a lot of trouble really getting connected with this one :( I still dont know that i really wanna nix it yet (nix. ha. i made a pun.) because i really like this thread and i want it to go further...i'm just super stuck......thoughts?))

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:18 am

(Hmm... Perhaps they need to be located? Cause a bit of Drama, making them have to hide out or something? More so then they are now?))

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:16 pm

(that could work. I'll get a post up today I think)

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:51 am

"Kidney....?" Tristan's face wrinkled. "People eat kidneys? I mean, I've eaten tongue and even heart once or twice, but kidney?" Nix shook his head. "Just seems wrong. I'm all for the idea of steak pie, though. Steak is wonderful."
"That it is," Mick agreed. "What all do you need? I've got some beef in the freezer," he offered as Tristan settled on the couch. The blonde sat down on it like he was more at home on a couch than anywhere else. At least, he was more comfortable on one than most people. After a while, he started to grow accustomed to firmer cushions and scratchier fabric. Now, anything else seemed strange.
"Get any new movies I should see?" Tristan asked from the adjacent living room as he pulled out his phone to read an incoming text from an unknown number. Probably someone wanting me to work as a freelancer.... he thought.
"Yeah, there's the one...uumm..you haven't seen Thor yet, have you? I thought that one was entertaining, at least."
"Maybe I'll watch it tonight." Nix glanced down at his phone; it said:

Ujo viridas...

"Viridas.." Tristan mused out loud, trying to understand why he'd been sent such a message.
Mick, however, thinking he was talking to him, turned around suddenly. "Oh, that's nice of you...It was just a suggestion; no need to go calling me a bast---."
Suddenly, Tristan's eyes widened. "Nate knows we're here....I'm only assuming Charlie knows too." The mood suddenly became very tense; Mick didn't move.
"You're certain...? I thought he didn't know about--"
"I don't know!" Tristan snapped. "All i know is he's pissed, a'right?" Nix's accent seemed to thicken the more tense he became.

There was a sharp crack of glass breaking from the living room, instantaneously followed by a heavy thump. The window on the west side of the living room wasn't fully shattered, but a hole had been pierced through; A gunshot. In seconds, Tristan was down on the floor, and no sooner did he go down did Mick fling open the freezer, grab a handful of ice cubes, and jump to Nix's side. He saw no blood--a relief--but Tristan seemed stunned. Mick jammed the ice cubes in the other man's hand and held them there. "Tristan, focus! Right here, focus right here! Stay with me, Trist...focus..."
There was a pause as Tristan gasped for air in frantic breaths as he fought to keep his feet planted in reality. Several long seconds passed, then, "I'm with you," he breathed, calming slightly.
"What's my name?"
"Mick Locke."
"Good. Amber!" Mick turned, crouching down lower to the floor. "Get down low and follow me; we're going into the basement. Nix, you keep that ice--I can't have you losing focus, not now."
Even though Tristan was fairly certain he was well grounded in the present moment, he was honestly too scared to let go of the ice cubes lest something else happen that would startle him enough. The ice trick had worked a few times before--the sharp sting he felt on his skin easily threw off his flashbacks of the humid desert--but he rarely put enough stock into it to try it at home. Perhaps that would change. Still, despite all that, he muttered, "I'm fine," and slithered on towards the basement door in the hallway. His phone went off again, and as he flung open the door and near leapt down the stairs, he read it.

That wasn't an accident. And if you don't explain your actions soon, the next one won't be, either.

"I'd say he found us, Mick."
"Shut up, Nix, you can rub it in later. We just need to get out of here." Mick turned around and, after they were all inside, locked and deadbolted the door.
"He wants an explanation or he threatened to actually shoot one of us. And before we even had a chance to work up the papers..."
"We'll worry about that later. You two need to hide out somewhere unfamiliar and I'll send them to you so you can get out of the country. Okay?" Mick pushed aside stacks of cardboard boxes, revealing a door with a combo lock. This he opened quickly and motioned the other two through.
"Didn't realize you had an escape route...."
"How else do you think I evaded the law for so long? Now move!"

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Amber smiled. "Just the steak, an onion, some bullion cubes and a little bit of puff pastry for the top." She listed. "But the pastry isn't really needed i suppose. it just makes it more of a pie." She shrugged and smiled. She turned to listen to the two men before the gunshot. She dropped to her knees and peeked around the corner to watch Mick go to Nix. it didn't seem like he was hurt, just shocked. When told to follow she nodded and did so, going through the door she was told to and into the basement.

Amber sat in the basement and listened to the other two wile Mick revealed a door to an escape route. She was too shaken to do anything other then follow orders. They had been found? Already? Her heart hammered in her chest, the thoughts of never being safe racing through her mind. After a moment she found her voice. "Did anyone get hit?" She asked quietly. She didn't think so, both men seemed alright beside the shock, and she hadn't been in the living room, so she hadn't been in the line of fire. After asking the question her mind went back to Charlie. it hadn't even been a whole day since they had left. Did they have a way to track where they went? She wouldn't put it pat Charlie to think up something like that, and she figured the man after Nix probably had similar ideas.

She moved towards the door after Mick opened it, waiting for the men to go through first. "How did they find us so fast?" The question wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just her mind trying to work it out by speaking out loud.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:56 pm

"I'm alright," Mick said first. Tristan, however, took some time to answer that question. Was he hit? With his hands, he checked over his head, his shoulders, his legs, his stomach...No blood. No hot searing pain. No dizzying pull of heavy gravity.
"I'm fine," He answered finally. He looked over Amber; she was fine as well, and he seemed visibly relieved. No one was injured and there was just a tiny window of time for he and his friends to take a moment and collect themselves. Get it in gear, Nixon... he thought, moving swiftly down the corridor.

Amber's question rang out through the stone hall: "how did they find us so fast?"
Regardless of whether or not she was asking him, Nix answered, "I don't know! I thought you said Kai could get us here quietly!"
"That's what I thought! I'm sorry! The only thing I can think of is that you were physically followed. Someone did some extreme detective work, here."
"And if he's found your place, then he knows too much...this puts you in danger, Mick, and I can't have that..." Nix stopped walking, and so did Mick.
"Tristan....don't--"
"We can run at breakneck speed and hope he doesn't catch up, or we can buy some time."
"I thought you said you were done with this...I thought that's why you came here. Besides, you have a job to do and that's keep Amber and yourself the bloody he-- alive! Besides, there's a reason he won't let you get away--"
"He's a prick?"
"That too. But you're the best he's got, so whoever he has after you, unless he's one of Charlie's, can't be all that good at his job. Now get moving before the shooter finds us down here!" Mick pushed Nix hard, and in any other moment, the blonde would have clocked the shorter man in the face, but he knew Mick was right. They just had to keep moving.

They ran down the corridor for several long minutes; the longer they ran, the more the air seemed to freshen and cool like, somewhere, there was a breeze entering the tunnel. Up ahead there was a door, barely visible in the darkness that Mick had to unlock with a combination. He pushed it open, and a searing light spilled through the long tunnel to reveal a smoothly approaching shape. Before the fourth person could recoil enough to ready his weapon, Nixon had his out and fired in a sharp instant. The sound of his firearm, though it was small, echoed and resonated to sound more like a cannon in their closed off environment. Blood sprayed on the tunnel wall and the man pursuing them fell, still panting for breath.
"How did you find us?" Tristan demanded loudly. No response. "I asked you a d--- question, answer me!" Tristan approached as he re-cocked the pistol; Mick shut the door again. It was then that Nix discovered he knew this man, even if only in passing. He belonged to Nathan, that was for sure, and once or twice they'd even sat across from eachother in the waiting room of the boss' healthcare center. And now they were shooting at eachother.
"David followed you from the hotel...." he gasped, blood spilling from his stomach in horrendous amounts. "Found out where that plane was headed...I was already in DC so...not far to go."
"Answer me honestly, does Nate want us dead? Or his cohort?"
"Not yet. I was given instructions to shoot and miss...except..."
"Except Jason," Tristan said, dropping a fake name and pointing to Mick. "I see then." With nothing more to ask the man, Tristan raised his gun and, with no flinching or groveling from the other man, he pulled the trigger. "Sh--, where's my stuff? It's back there, isn't it?"
"You two just get the he-- out of dodge for tonight, and then tomorrow, meet me back here and i'll have your stuff for you. And I'll take care of....him. I'll get your paperwork, too. Good luck to you both; you'd best get going."

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Amber waited quietly as they each seemed to check themselves before answering if they were okay. She gave a small nod, glad for that at least. She had her arms around herself at the moment. She was alright, and the two men were as well, but she was still a bit scared. It wasn't so much a paralyzing fear, as she would have expected, but more that little voice in the back of her mind telling her there was no hope for any of them, that they would be found wherever they went, under whatever they name they may use. With a little difficulty Amber forced any thoughts of failure and being found from her mind. This was not the time to let her mind get the best of her.

She followed the two men down the corridor. When Nix answered her question she jumped a little, having not really realized she had spoken aloud then. "If they followed us from the hotel, doesn't that mean they would have been following one or both of us for a while?" This question was directed at Nix. "Unless they had lost trust with us before, then why follow us around?" Amber didn't really understand why they would have been followed, except that one of them was under suspicion. Amber sighed and shook her head. As much as it bothered her to not know how they had been found, she would have to think about it later. They needed to focus on running for now.

Amber heard the gunshot and flattened herself against the nearest wall. She was used to gunfire and death, but the sound had surprised her. She was already on edge, as she figured the others were as well. After a quick moment she let herself calm a little. She was terrified still, but she was able to keep her head. She listened to Nix speak to the man who had been shooting at them. She could see the blood coming from him and as much as she felt it should bother her to see such things, she was so desensitized to those images that she felt nothing. She had however heard a slight bit of good news. They weren't wanted dead... yet.Perhaps they would be able to get away and hide out after all. She could only hope.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Thu May 03, 2012 3:50 pm

“I don’t know…” Tristan said again. “There’s no way he can track us—well, at least me—via paperwork. He and Mick have both independently tried their hardest to make me functionally invisible, so to speak. You though, I don’t know. Maybe he’s been tapping my house, maybe he lost trust in me, I just don’t know. That’s not important right now. What is important is that we get going and stay hidden. It won’t help us much to mull over why or how. Thanks for everything, Mick. Sorry we brought you into this…”
“Tristan….those wardens of yours are the least of my worries. Now get going!” The brunette waved his hands in a shooing motion; Tristan opened the door again and ushered Amber through before going himself. He shut the door behind him, knowing Mick would take care of himself from here on out.
“We’ll have to come back and get our things tonight,” he said, already moving away from the unassuming door. The exit led to a short stairway that was fenced off with a sign that looked very official, noting that the door was property of the Miami sanitary services and that only authorized personnel were allowed inside. The chain-link fence that completely covered the exit was locked only from the outside; A large steel plate bordered the knob of the gate so that someone couldn’t reach around and use the knob on the inside if they stood on the outside. The surrounding area was bare and empty until it touched the edges of a small industrial park.

“We ned to find somewhere to duck down and keep hidden for the night. Somewhere quiet. And get some food, too…in half an hour my stomach will remember it’s hungry.” Nix pushed open the fence and walked up the short set of stairs to ground level, waiting for Amber to walk through before shutting the gate.
A thought struck him then, like he’d realized something that had never crossed his mind earlier. The tall man remembered that not everyone grew up in a warzone, and not everyone was a killer for a living. To most people, seeing a dead body, much less someone being killed right before their eyes was often a scarring experience. He had no idea what the extent of Amber’s experiences were with such matters, and for her sake he thought it would be best to check.
“Are you alright?” He asked. “I know what happened back there was….wrong. Possibly frightening. But I need to make sure you’re up for the next step. I need you with me if we’re gonna do this.”

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Fri May 04, 2012 2:59 pm

Amber nodded and gave a small sigh. Nix was right. Now wasn't the time to start trying to figure out how they were found. SHe shook her head real quick, as if the motion would clear her mind then put on her best determined face. They had come this far. They would get out and get free. She just had to tell herself that and all would be alright in the end.

She went through the door when she was pushed through. She gave a shallow nod, glad that they could go back for their things. "Alright. So until then..." She looked around, taking in their surroundings. They needed a place to hide out until night fall when it would be safe to return. "What about a warehouse?" Amber asked softly. "If we found an abandoned warehouse, i don't think it would be too hard to get into." She scanned the area for something that would work. "Or a borded up house?" She asked again. They needed food as well. She ran a hand through her hair, a nervous habit, and thought. "Well if there is a convenience store around here.... we could go in quickly, grab a few things and go." She thought aloud.

Amber glanced up at nix when he asked if she was alright. She blinked a few times, trying to decide how to answer the question. The sight of death hadn't bothered her, but that wasn't necessarily a good thing, though for right now, it certainly seemed to be. "I'm with you." She said after a moment's thought. "I've seen much worse then what happened in there. I can keep my head." She gave a quick nod after her words.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Mon May 14, 2012 2:48 am

Tristan glanced around the industrial park, his mind as an assassin spinning at admirable speeds as he tried to put himself in Nate's shoes. If he were the shooter, and his target sought solace in the warehouses, where could he gain an advantage? Where could he get off a shot? How could he use the buildings as cover as he closed in? Tristan then thought a step further and calculated what places would be best to hide in, all the above considered. "The warehouses will do," he said at last. "That blue one in particular...there aren't many places for a shooter to perch and get a lock on us through a window or something, there. But you're right--we need food, and we ought to do that first. Besides, it's not the wisest idea to stay here for the time being. Let them get the impression that we've left."

Something in Tristan's mind hearkened back to his past, back to his time in the war. It was a vision still very much in his head and he was solidly grounded in reality, but it was a quick snap of a mental flashback all the same. He remembered a weight around his neck--night vision binoculars bounced from elasticized straps that looped around the back of his neck. The night was sticky, but it was cool--much cooler than the blaze of day. Captain Matthew and Viktoria Callestan, along with two other Ricaean soldiers that had temporarily joined their company, huddled around Nixon as he relayed the information discovered on his nighttime scout. That was the night before they made a key victory in the taking of Juna'agor.

Thinking back, Nix chuckled softly. "Sorry. Anyhow, let's move. We'll find somewhere to sit and eat for a little while, because the last place they'll be looking for us is in a nice restaurant."

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Mon May 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Amber fell silent and watched as Nix scanned the area around them. She tried to run through every possibility of being found in her head, but it wasn't her area of expertise. Her line of work had always been to get noticed, not to disappear. Charlie had always done that part for her, planning escape routs should something go wrong, etc. To not have a set plan in motion where she knew every outlet was a bit unnerving, but at the same time it meant she was more free then ever before.

Her eyes fell on the blue warehouse and she nodded. "Alright, so in there then." She agreed. She began to walk slowly when Nix said they should leave for the time being. "Alright, so we leave for a bit and come back when the coast is a bit more clear. For the time being, finding food does sound like the best option." She agreed once more.

Amber tilted her head slightly. "Sorry?" She asked softly. She Shrugged after a moment and gave a quick nod. "So, a nice restaurant then?" She looked around, checking for a place to go.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!