Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Twisted Tale Of A Wonderless Wonderland (Intrest Check)

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

A Twisted Tale Of A Wonderless Wonderland (Intrest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XaleManix on Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:07 am

The innocent story book, Alice in Wonderland, was written as an insult to the British empire. however, what the writer failed to realize, was that Wonderland was a real place. The Rabbit Hole of his book was not a single object, but a number of them. they lie in wait in every park in the world, waiting for someone to step over them... Waiting for someone to give them more information with which to create its world. For you see, Wonderland is not a set place. While some things never change, many things never stay the same. and now, after more then one hundred people, the holes have created a terrible, twisted place, which has some innocent, safe places, but many unfriendly ones. the Holes have a new plot this time. they will drop multiple subjects into the same version of their world.

GM notes

Even though I know I will be around to moderate the RP, I will be assigning assistant GMs to help me keep the RP running smoothly. all assistant GMs will have Denizens of Wonderland characters, but not all Denizens of Wonderland characters will be Assistant GMs.

I will add my Assistant GMs here when I choose them.

Riverstyx777

1- please, PLEASE don't be superman (no characters that are nearly invincible, except for a few weaknesses).
2- goes along with rule 1, PLEASE NO GODMODDING. I cannot stress this enough.
3- please, do not submit a profile for a denizen of Wonderland without submitting it through a PM. I am available via PM for such cases.
4- your character cannot know anything about Wonderland that is not in the original book. Having seen the movie counts only for recognizing any surviving Alice-era denizens, or their descendants.
5- your character cannot have a constant supply of narrow scrapes.
6- despite this being "wonderland" there is no such thing as miraculous healing in Wonderland.
7- please do not do anything that defies logic outside of the Bazaar room. also, all supplies are finite.
8- Your character may not be prepared to fall down the rabbit hole. they were surprised by it. so unless your character is Michael Weston, they won't have any neat gadgets for surviving a worst-case scenario. you may, however, use different reasons for them to step on the rabbit hole to justify equipment.
9- You may not introduce another character without first adding their profile to this thread.
10- when and if a character dies, they will go through the heaven process. they will meet five Wonderland versions of people in their life, who will teach them important things. the character will then be dropped off in the real world again, and no longer a part of the RP.
9- Do not breach any sealed doors.
10- Do not enter the captain's quarters.
11- do not refuse any orders from a member of the crew.
12- No smoking.

Consequences

1st step- a warning will be given via PM and you will be asked to revise your message. I am leaniant at this stage, and you will have three days after my warning to comply (based on US. East time, -5:00 GMT), after which, 2nd step will apply.
2nd step- you will be asked to alter your post via an OOC announcement by me or one of those I authorize as an "assistant GM." none of whom will be playing as "Alice" characters. same deadline as before.
3rd step- I will ask you in a PM to delete your post. two days instead of three..
4th step- I will ask in the RP thread for you to delete the post. you have 24 hours to comply.
5th step- you will be removed from the RP and your post will be nullified. your character will be delegated to on of the Assistant GMs.

Proceedures

to apply for a character, assemble a character sheet from the below. be as detailed as possible, I allow pictures, so long as your character does not inherit any unnatural traits from their photographic reference.

Code: Select all
Name:
Short Biography:
Personal Affects:

Characters

Those who fell down the rabbit holes

Denizens of Wonderland

Bill the Lizard - Riverstyx777

Name: Ari and Arai
Physical Description: I got lazy after the fifth page of searching for male twins other then the Host Club twins, soooo... I ended up deciding to use the Host Club twins.
Short Biography:They are the replacement for the Cheshire Cat
Personal Affects: Lockpicking tools, various tools for aiding in slight of hand.
Last edited by XaleManix on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You'd think after all the time I've been around, I'd have some form of an interesting quote, wouldn'tcha?" -Me

Image help me save a life, will you?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XaleManix
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

isn't this a manga or anime
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A Twisted Tale Of A Wonderless Wonderland (Intrest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XaleManix on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:25 am

I took the concept from an 1865 Charles Dawson book. whether or not the book, or the movie Disney made from the book, makes appearances in Anime or Manga, I cannot contribute.

I will, however, admit that I know that Host Club had a subplot involving Alice in Wonderland (a friend of mine said Haruhi hits her head or something? I haven't watched Host Club due to reasons that are private and apply to most animes I haven't watched) and have known of this for some time, though it did not affect my creation of this concept, which has been going through a rather large number of alterations.

I gave up looking for twins that weren't from Host Club on the fifth page of the google images search, so I lazily found a picture of them in the Cheshire Cat costumes to place in the RP.

as a final note, I placed this in Book and Literature because the book, more then anything else, influenced the concept presented here.

Gosh, I sound like a lawyer.

Approved character :D

Riverstyx777 wrote:Name: Bill the Lizard
Physical Description: Image
Short Biography: Bill is not actually a lizard anymore, but he was at one point.
Personal Affects: A chimney sweeper.

XaleManix
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A Twisted Tale Of A Wonderless Wonderland (Intrest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:57 am

Wewt! Bill is going to be a fun character.
"Darkness shall not be feared..." - River

"This country spends over a billion dollars a year on getting high. That... that is not my fault, I'm just a businessman." - Christopher Walken, playing Frank White in King of New York

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!