Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Two Ideas I'd Like Help Deciding Upon

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Two Ideas I'd Like Help Deciding Upon

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arcadeus on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:42 pm

I have two roleplay ideas that I’m split between. Whichever one gets the most interest I will elaborate upon and make an RP out of.

1. My first idea is about a roving band of warriors in a medieval-esque fantasy world who have been inexplicably bonded to each other. As in they are literally incapable of moving a large span distance from each other and if one dies they all die. I know, this sounds kind of ridiculous. But I have it all planned out. The story of how it happens is pretty good in my opinion. The RP will begin before it happens of course. If this RP happens it will be a team effort pure and simple. It will also be continuously ongoing until it breaks down and dies or my peers and I believe it should end. I also acknowledge that this idea isn't even remotely original, but I've been itching to be in something like it.

2. My second idea is about the survivors of humanity during an apocalyptic event on a human colony light-years from Earth. The general basis is, during a civil war between two vastly different factions on a colony that lost communications with Earth years ago, an alien virus that seems to affect both organic and machine struck. The story revolves around the survivors inhabiting a remote military prison whose only captives are prisoners of war. At some point in the story they will be forced to leave said prison, and face the new world filled with techno-organic monstrosities. They will most likely be searching for a way off the planet at first.

So, which one do you think is better? I will accept neither but I'd enjoy a reason. I do acknowledge they're not nearly my best work. Also, keep in mind these are just general outlines, whichever one is chosen will be vastly expanded upon.
Last edited by Arcadeus on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arcadeus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Two Ideas I'd Like Help Deciding Upon

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Penn88 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:00 pm

I like the 1st one. I suggest reading The Legend of Nightfall by Mary Zucker Reichert (I probably butchered the spelling of her name). Do not let the cover of the book fool you, it's not a romance. Anyways, that story (which is a surprisingly fast read) has the same kind of element of people being bonded together as you just explained and might help you expand ideas you already have.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Penn88
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arcadeus on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:02 pm

It's probably different than what I have planned. I'll check it out though.

Arcadeus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:31 pm

I'd be interested in this first idea. I have a character I would actually like to see in this kind of situation...

She really doesn't like to be around people. XD

What do you mean by "medieval-esque" exactly?
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm leaning towards the second only because I have an insatiable Fallout itch that has yet to be scratched. And it seems Fallout-ish to me. Both ideas sound good to me and I'll most likely join whichever one is posted up.

Fammikins
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!