Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ulysses

Ulysses

a part of “Ulysses”, a fictional universe by Serly.

Humanity's only hope lies in three ships drifting aimlessly through space: One battlecruiser, and two colony ships. Will they ever return to Earth, Or find a new home?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ulysses”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Ulysses

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serly on Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:54 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Ulysses"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Serly
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Ulysses

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:40 pm

This should be pretty interesting.
You know what the first rule of flying is?

Love.
You can learn all the math in the 'verse...
But you take a boat in the air that you don't love...
She'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds.
Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down...
Tells you she's hurting before she keels.
Makes her a home.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serly on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:50 pm

You know it. First post will be up soon.

Serly
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockerr69 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:25 pm

Ha! I think I got just about every swear 'cept the 'C' ones in my first post. ^-^
Also I have a feeling that I'm gonna like this roleplay... alot.

rockerr69
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarcor on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Um, are you guys accepting other people? Or is it a 1x1?

Sarcor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serly on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:04 am

We are currently still accepting people. Please note that I am checking the profiles to insure that you actually -read- the information provided in the introduction.

Serly
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:09 am

Just a few questions boss:

1) Do the enemy have fighters? You mentioned multiple signatures earlier and the computer mentioned an Anti-Fighter station.

2) Are our fighters computer-controlled?

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serly on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Yeap! The enemy do have fighters. I will send you the details of those fighters in a bit, Busy with school ATM.

And 2, no. They are piloted!

Serly
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HellHound01 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Hey I'm trying to read the post and it says there are 3 pages, but it shows the post from page one when I try to see page 2 or 3. Anyone who can help me?

HellHound01
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Unfortunately, that's been a problem for awhile, and so far as I know, there are no easy solutions. If you need a recap or anything, I'm sure everyone can help, but you can't view old pages at the moment.
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serly on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:35 pm

Ugwah! Sorry! I was totally like, gone t--t

Serly
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HellHound01 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:45 am

Hey a rail-gun uses magnets to propel the rounds from the gun right? It doesn’t use gunpowder.

HellHound01
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:35 am

Sounds right to me, check with Serly though.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serly on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:21 am

Yes, railguns are magnetic. That allows superior aiming thanks to less recoil, and faster projectile speed then chemical weapons.

As for the fighters, I put the schematics in the info for everyone, since I figure that's where I ought to have put them before, anyways!

Serly
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Can we get a physical description of the aliens please? I need to know how to describe what we're shooting. :)

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serly on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:16 pm

Yes, of course.

The aliens are a turtle-like race of carnivores from a planet with extremely high gravity, giving them super-human strength in human gravity. They can tear through doors of titanium like they are made of paper.

They generally carry large machette-like blades that glow red-hot, yet never seem to melt; The best way to kill them is from afar, though that takes some time thanks to their rather thick skin. They are about a foot smaller than the average human, and walk on four legs. They have a pair of arms, however, growing out of the top of their 'shells', which they use to carry their weapons. Their head is also sticking out of the top of the shell. Their arms, legs, and heads are lightly armored, but that isnt their weakest point; Their weakest point is actually their breathing masks! You see, the aliens wear large masks that convert the air around them into breathable Carbon Dioxide. Shooting those would undoubtedly kill them, as they find oxygen as poisoness as carbon dioxide is to us.

Best to avoid physical combat at all costs, really. They'd win hands down. A kiting maneuver, that is, shooting and backing away, is best recommended. The aliens have no ranged weaponry designed for their infantry, that we know of. So the only thing you have to look out for is anything they decide to throw.

The team that is assualting the Ulysses probably only consists of five to seven of them. That's more than enough to disable the ship completely, so best dispatch them fast.

And remember, there are other people awake besides our characters, at this point. So expect to find them along the way, and dont be afraid to ask them for help!

The colony ships would be safe. Their hulls are too thick for the enemy to penetrate.

Serly
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:17 am

Sorry for not really describing what a minigun is in my post. If any of you want to know, let me know, but it is essentially a modern version of the gatling gun. And it is awesome.

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HellHound01 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:09 pm

I will post soon. Please do not kill my character.

HellHound01
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!