Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

An Unfortunate Crime (OOC & Sign Up)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

An Unfortunate Crime (OOC & Sign Up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sesha on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:02 pm

In the midst of the Dark Ages arises a group of people known as ‘Starwalkers’. This race of people could talk to the stars and walk amongst them. It’s as if they weren’t Earthly beings but yet they walked among the living. These specially gifted people are held in the highest regards and are most important to the kings and queens waging war on other territories. The only problem is that they are hard to find and harder to convince to advise anyone but themselves. The selfish, egoism comes from the high regard they hold themselves in. They have always lived this way until their very foundation was shaken from underneath them.

The people of the world decided that these ‘Starwalkers’ were actually possessed by the devil himself. They were hunted down and killed in hundreds until they were forced to run for their lives. They ran for the mountains and tried to live in peace but the hard weather continued ebbing their races to the point of extinction. They hid for decades, after the Dark Ages had passed, and until the remaining people who knew of their race had passed away.

There remained a single mother of the ‘Starwalkers’. She was due to have a child soon and couldn’t find any help in the mountains and decided to walk amongst the normal to help the life of her child. She arrived in the small village of Yasec. By this time the baby was on its way and the mother collapsed on the side of a small dirt road. A farmer happened by and took her in. He gave her a bed and called for the local doctor who arrived in a short time and helped the baby be delivered. The baby arrived healthy but unfortunately for the mother it was too late. With her last breath she whispered, “Her name is Haeda…” The name meant star and it was to signify the last of the ‘Starwalkers’. This girl was the last holder of the true power of the stars.

First off rules!
1. No god-modding. You can’t control someone else. Please stick to your own character.
2. Romance is allowed but keep it PG-13 rated. We don’t need too many details.
3. Blood, gore, and violence are allowed but try to keep them PG-13 rated too.
4. Each person is allowed one character.
4. Post your character sheet here in this thread and wait for it to be accepted by myself before posting in the IC.
5. Be nice to the other players OOC. Your character can be as nasty to his or her
character as you damn well please, but you must respect everyone OOC.
6. Please stay active. If you plan to leave or become inactive for a period of time, let
me know. I will gladly keep you up to date if you have vacation or family events.
7. Follow the RPG guide when writing. About 200 words or more would be awesome! We need more details to make it more interesting.

Alright here is the character skeleton:
Name:
Height:
Weight:
Appearance(You may post a picture if available):
Weapons/Accessories (You may carry one weapon):
Abilities (Nothing super human. Example: A good tracker or great archer or swordsman etc.):
Background Story:

As an example here is mine. I'm playing Haeda since well its my story :P
Name: Haeda (means star)
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 112lbs
Appearance(You may post a picture if available): Image
Weapons/Accessories (You may carry one weapon): A bow and quiver full or arrows
Abilities (Nothing super human.): Haeda has the power to leave her body and become a spirit amongst the stars. She can view the whole Earth from there. She can also heal comrades. She doesn't quite know how yet but slowly discovers it.
Background Story: See intro post above ^^

(And yes my character has a super human power but that is because she is the only 'starwalker' left. If you feel this is unfair please PM me and we can discuss something. I try to be a flexible GM and will work with you.)

Alright post away. The IC will but posted after I get a few interested. I think I am going to limit this to 6 other players. I need 2 of those players to play bad guys if you would. Then we can PM and I can tell you what I'm thinking and get your ideas.

1. (good or neutral)
2. (good or neutral)
3. (good or neutral)
4. (good or neutral)
5. (bad guy)
6. (bad guy)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sesha
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: An Unfortunate Crime (OOC & Sign Up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BrandyCandycane on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Name: Jack 'Hypo' 'Bones' Mccoy
Height: 5'8
Weight: 129
Appearance:
Weapons/Accessories: Medical kit
Abilities: Amazing medical abilities, he says he can cure a rainy day
Background Story:
Jack was born to a doctor and a computer technician, he never fit in and usually to get his way or knowledge he sleeps with people, is father said that he got that from his Godfather. Jack is witty and sarcastic with a gruff exterior but is really a sweet fatherly teddy bear that really cares. He often insults people when they are hurt as he patches them up, and he can never leave the wounded behind even if they are evil, unless he or someone he knows wounds them on purpose. Jack s occasionally made fun of for his surname, Mccoy, and his fear of heights. He is occasionally called Hypo or Bones as a joke because of his profession and his last name, from the ever famous Star Trek. Plus he loves drinking and the quickest way to his hair is some kind of alcohol.

Other: 'k.. I had to do this! I love the plot real cute, this is her father figure and protector I guess you can say.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BrandyCandycane
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sesha on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:04 pm

We shall wait and see if a couple more can get signed up. I like the idea of you character. But just to sort out my sleepy brain this morning is he the farmer that found her mother or just a guy from the village that knows her? I think I might just have read it wrong but otherwise good character. Also, the picture you posted for him seems to not be working. Could you find another one or describe him for me? Thanks much!

If we get two more people I think that we can get started. The more the merrier so invite whomever you think is a developed role player.

sesha
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasterCherry on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Name: Troy
Height: 5ft 9
Weight: he looks kind of scrawny, but he's kind of built beneath his clothes.
Appearance: tallISH (stretch the ish) He has curly brown hair and hazel eyes. Some girls think he's adorable, others don't give him a second glance. his skin is tan because of all of the sword work he was forced into. he has freckles across his nose and a scar on his left cheek from a training mishap.
Weapons/Accessories: he carries a sword, but he's not the best swordsman inthe world. He carries a sketch book around to draw.
Abilities: He can draw really good; he likes art and he can paint as well. He was trained by some of the best swordsmen his father could fine but he just isn't a swordsmen.
Background Story: He was born to a lord, a rich man. His father was also very holy and was one of the biggest supporters in the fight against starwalkers and still is. His mother died when he was little, she loved looking at the stars. His father took the woman's death really hard and hated the stars. He has sent his son out into the world to find the stargazers that he is convinced are still around. He wants Troy to kill them; Troy is traveling like his father wanted him to, but he just reports back saying that he has found nothing (he hasn't even been looking).

How is this? Is this okay?

MasterCherry
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!