Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Unknown - Futuristic Fantasy RP

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Unknown - Futuristic Fantasy RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Joshua Salvador on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:24 am

No introductory spiel here, just straight into it. There's a lot to get through, but I've put a lot of thought into it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plot

The security arm of Taurus Corporation has a lot on it's hands. From small time hackers to the mysterious Brotherhood, they are under attack from all sides. But in the last few weeks, something sinister has been beggining. The Brotherhood's meetings have been becoming more and more frequent. Orders from the Taurus executives have been more frequent. Something big is in the making. Something that could potentially threaten all life on the planet.

Setting

Unknown takes place in a megacity called Grid. On this planet Gaea is the prime source of energy. Gaea is an energy that is naturally emmited from the planet, and is used for many things, from powering lights to broadcasting information. The only downside of this energy is that projectile weapons are inneffective, as the their energy is rapidy absorbed without the presence of a living being replenishing it.

There is no real government, only the firm, yet gentle rule of Taurus Corporation. Run from the space station, The Blue Moon, Taurus Corporation covers everything from policing to orphanages. The only people that oppose this state of affairs are the Brotherhood, a group that seem to oppose simply for the sake of opposing. They mainly do things such as cutting of Gaea supplies.

Some individuals on this planet exhibit superhuman abilities. Their powers - commonly reffered to as Psychs - manifest physically on their bodies as a tattoo - hence the term Psych Tattoo. These abilities all require the use of Gaea, and prolonged use can cause Resonance, a state that can instantly kill the person in it.

Character

No character profiles are required, but there are a few stipulations as to characters.

1) A character can either be a member of Taurus Corporation or a civilian.
2) A Psych Tattoo is reccomended, but not required
3) Characters must be human, but small cosmetic alterations are permitted.
4) All Taurus employees have a T tattooed to their forehad (part of their contract).
5) Any member of Taurus Security is required to have a Psych Tattoo.

Player List

PLAYER-------------CHARACTER

Joshua Salvador - Joshua Salvador (duh)
Cashala ----------- Kyth
Epistaxis --------- Chase
Xiphoniii --------- Spectre
Target ------------ Tyler Reiss
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK guys, have fun with this.

JS
Last edited by Joshua Salvador on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Genius. It's just a name we give to a madman we respect.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Joshua Salvador
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Unknown - Futuristic Fantasy RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cashala on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Name: Kythera "Kyth" Baedonen
Gender/Age: Female/Seventeen
Height: 179 cm (5' 10")
Affiliation: Civilian
Appearance: Deep light blue eyes with fragments of darker blue in them, silvery hair which is nearly always tied in a French braid and fastened by a silver clip with swirling patterns. Her skin is very pale, almost to the point of it seeming to glow like a field of snow.
Psych Tattoo/Abilities: pale blue crescent moon on left shoulder/manipulation of ice and water, though the latter comes less naturally. She can also gather it from the air, but it is fairly impossible for her to generate it.
Personality: Kythera is fairly down to earth, having recently realized the limitations a person has. She is not afraid to die, having discarded what she was striving towards her entire life. She would not have a second thought on going on a suicide mission if it meant that there was a possibility of even one innocent person living because of it. Sparing in words, she finds that actions are a more effective way to communicate these days.
Weapon: Whitestorm, a clear-bladed single-edged swords with a silver cross-hilt, white bindings, and two strings of deep blue with tassled ends. She carries it in a white and silver scabbard attached to the right side of her belt.

Quick question: do the characters have generalistic abilities, such as telekinesis, or are they more focused? For example, fire, water, shapeshifting? . . .
Last edited by Cashala on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cashala
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Epistaxis on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Ah, looks like a grand idea! Also, it looks like we joined this forum one right after the other.
Tell me how this suits:
Rundown: Chase Nobles (Male) Thirty-eight years old. Six feet high. Two hundred pounds.

Taurus Corp. Rank: Low. He wears whatever standard uniform he is given with additional gloves to hide his tattoo from those unaware of it.

Psych Tattoo: A green diamond-shaped array on the back of his left hand. The ability it offers lets Chase deaden the hostility of those around him. When channelling Gaea's power, he can cause people to become more calm, trusting, and light-hearted. Because of this, he is generally regarded as a well-liked fellow by those who aren't aware of his Psych's touch on their emotions. Only fellow members of the Taurus Corporation know the intricacies of his ability, which can be focused onto a single individual or spread out over a wide area. Using the power too long or too often will initially give Chase severe nosebleeds. Attempting to push the power beyond that would likely kill him.

I'd like a little more information on what exactly the Taurus Corporation does, and the kinds of jobs someone in Chase's position would be given.

Epistaxis
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Joshua Salvador on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:14 am

Ok, Cashala. In answer to your question, the Psych Tattoo's are generally specific abilities. My character, for example, can directly manipulate and channel Gaea energy (although, as you will find out, not particularly well or powerfully). Pretty much any ability is allowed, provided that it doesn't end up as god-moding.

Epistaxis, you also pose a good question. Taurus Corp covers everything. Everything. From cradles to coffins (literally). A character like Chase would most likely be in PR or something similar.

EDIT: I will do the IC very soon, in the next few days.

JS

Joshua Salvador
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cashala on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:59 pm

Okies. I edited the info~

I can't wait for the RP to start.

Also, Epistaxis - can I call you Epi? Don't mind me, I just give nicknames to everyone. If you want to be called something else, please tell me :3

Cashala
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Epistaxis on Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:28 pm

Ep works. I only hope some more folks get to signing up. Seems like there was a good deal of original thought put into this story's creation. Now to get to developing a personality...

Epistaxis
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Joshua Salvador on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:09 am

Yeah, it's odd, that. I can never actually find this for some reason. It just doesn't seem to appear. But meh, I'm not too worried. After all, I'm not actually planning this for having a huge amount of people. Not that I'd complain, mind you, if we did have a larger group.

Oh yes, and one other thing. I'm in Aus, so my posting can be somewhat erratic. I apologise in advance for anything like that, but there isn't much I can do about it.

JS

Joshua Salvador
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:09 pm

What do you think? A bit long, but I like him. Power to the people and all that, yes? I always enjoyed the idea of a freedom fighter.

Name: Honip A. Vale, Call Sign Spectre

Gender/Age: Male/19

Height: 5 Foot 11 Inches

Affiliation: Civilian Hacker, More info below

Appearance: Hazel eyes, black hair that is so unkempt that he never bothers to even try to make it look good. It sticks out at odd angles and such, but on average, it sticks about two inches from his head, and halfway down his neck. He is usually seen wearing nondescript clothing, attempting to make himself as unremarkable as possible, for good reason, and his face compliments this. His appearance classifies him as what those who conduct searches for wanted persons call a NMWM, or non memorable white male. He has a slight tan, just enough to blend in better, and he walks with a slight slouch. He has a fair amount of strength, but it is the kind that doesn't show.

Psych Tattoo/Abilities: Small square with a circle surrounding it, touching it at the corners. The square is black, and the circle is white, symbolizing the double edge nature of his power. He is able to determine things about the person who last used an object by merely touching it, or in the case of clothing, wearing it. Also, by extension, this can allow him to learn about the object itself sometimes. However, this includes emotion, and that can impact him negatively. If you want an example, Nudge from the Maximum Ride series of books has an ability similar to this one.

Personality: Honip is an honorable person, and was raised that way since birth. His parents died in a random act of violence at the age of sixteen, and he has made his own way since then. He began an interest in computers as a small child, and his parents encouraged this. By the age of twelve, he was hacking small websites, and getting the access codes. He believes in the power and rights of the People, and that no entity should control anybody's life. He thus rounded up several of his Net contacts, and they began a group called the Open Source. While not as well publicized as the Brotherhood, the Open Source is a very real threat to the Taurus Corporation and others. The Open Source is dedicated to getting information out to the public, and returning power from corporations to the general population.

Other: Tries not to use any item that is secondhand, because of his power. Thus, his weapons, clothes, etc, are all custom made, and in the case of his computer setup, made by himself.

Open Source Dossier Excerpt:

Call Sign: Spectre

Specialty: Backdoors, Password Cracking. Spectre specializes in opening and maintaining backdoors into private servers, by cracking the passwords of a Net location, and then embedding some hidden code to allow the rest of us in. He does a good amount of his work by virtue of his Psych Ability, by "feeling out" passwords from a used terminal, as he describes it. It is quite beneficial to our organization.

Combat: Uses a personal set of one Katana, two and a half feet long, one Shaolin Spade, standard length, and one stave, four feet long. He prefers to allow the opponent make the first move, and never takes his eyes off of said opponent. He tends to fight with grace and speed than brute force.
ImageImage ImageImage

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Target on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:01 pm

If you want him, you got him...another long one...sorry. I was afraid his ability would make him overpowered, so I made it...very restricted, hope it's kosher. I also seem...to have a thing for ellipses...don't know why.

Name: Tyler Reiss
Height: 183cm (6 ft even)
Affiliation: Taurus Corp Security, Small Unit Commander (Security team? Fire Team?)

Appearance:
Green eyes with flecks of blue in them. The blue becomes more pronounced when he gets angry, embarrassed, or generally emotional (a side effect of his face getting more red as these happen). He has a medium build, and a pronounced farmers tan from time in uniform on patrol and the like. His hair is a dark brown, and it conceals a good portion of the T tattoo he is required to have, as he shaved hair back before being tattooed. It is only really visible if he brushes back the hair near the right side of his forehead. However, his hair is still short due to the time he spent bald, only around 2 cm long (around 3/4 of an inch) and thus 'brushing back' his hair happens if someone breathes too hard at the moment.

Psych Tattoo/Abilities: On his chest, exactly opposite his heart, a small, navy blue four point elongated star with a circle in it. The circle is empty except for a black, curved pinwheel in it,(as if you wrote 4 S's, rotating the paper 45 degrees each time) in black. It allows him to channel the Gaea from a living object into himself, and then emit it back, be it through some normally impossible physical feat (increased speed for a few seconds, a single large jump, etc) or in a small flash burst from his hands, which burns a person in close proximity (1m or 3 feet-ish)or blinds others who look at it from a distance (blindness varies with distance, 1.5 M or so would blind them for up to 5 minutes, 3m or so for a minute or, any more only for a few seconds, and it's just a pretty light after 6m-ish. Convert to feet yourself). Unfortunately, it has extreme drawbacks. First, he cannot use it often, as the presence of even MORE Gaea is an unavoidable side effect of the ability and thus resonance becomes an issue very quickly. Second, the more Gaea he draws in, the longer it takes; a small plant requiring a second to drain, a dog or similar sized animal taking thirty and a grown human being taking a full minute. Third, as he draws Gaea out and releases it through his hand, he can feel it as holding his hand to an open flame. And finally, drawing all the Gaea out of a person tends to leave them...a bit dead (which is less a side effect to some and more an offensive ability).

Personality:
A good solid commander and the consummate soldier, with a few exceptions. He has a tendency to make quips, jokes, and pal around with those under his command, treating them like friends, not fellow soldiers. He takes their lightest injury to heart, and their deaths as though they were his family. When he is off duty, he is not especially easy to get along with. His sarcasm and tendency to mock others has no off switch, and he can be either endearing to some or flat annoying to others. He is, however, loyal to a fault to PEOPLE he knows and works with, never to an organization. He joined Taurus to better people's lives and protect those around. If the corporation was ever to do more harm to a person he knew than good, he might go AWOL, or at the very least speak his mind very loudly and to his own detriment.
If you mess with me, you WILL be hippyfied. You are officially warned.

You lived what anybody gets, Bernie. You got a lifetime.
~Death

How's the general public today?
Off it's meds.
~Ian and Matt Machall

Target
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Joshua Salvador on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:05 pm

Very nice, guys. No need to worry about the length of profiles. After all, the more fleshed out a character is, the better. The IC is up, just FYI. [url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/unknown-open-t20370.html] Here.[url]

Target, just briefly on your character. For the purposes of this, he can be Josh's (my character, just in case you don't realise) unit commander. That was an issue I had when I was writing all this, so you've solved it quite neatly ^^.

Xiphoniii, on your character. Very good twist you have there. Only thing is, Open Source wouldn't be technically illegal unless it was piracy. Taurus only controls everything out of "benevolence", and so wouldn't publically attack them. However, covertly, on the other hand...

Anyway, see you at the IC.

JS

Joshua Salvador
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby castersage on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:19 pm

Name: Kotame "Kitty" Heights
Gender/Age: male/15
Height:5' 3"
Affiliation: Civilian/High school student
Appearance:
Kotame is short for his age or somewhat average, and fairly skinny, almost sickly, as if he rarely eats or forces himself not to. His skin is soft, hairless and youthful, with a color of sandy brown, or a creamy bronze color. His facial features are full, as a since of a child. His cheeks are full though smooth, and his small button nose, though his lips are thin and elegant as a older female. He has long dark brown fine hair that covers his whole head. His long messy bangs cover his eyes partly and also covers half of his nose, this is followed by layers that don't have a specific order, but eventually falls to the lower back of his neck. His hair, seems to make him look innocent, insecure and feminine all at once, making it seem as though he is a female at first. He has deep blue eyes, at give him an unusual and fascinating look, because of his skin complexity. His eyes has a thin barrier of teal and threads of yellow in the pupil, like shiny gold strings in a young clean river . His whole body just seems sickly with a glow, his arms are skinny and without muscle as so his legs and waist stomach. He doesn't have any skin problems or any extra external conflicts, besides his size. The outer shape of his ears can be seen through his hair, that covers them nicely. They are both equal in a small size, and the lobes are not connected to his high cheek bones. Both of them are periled twice on the cartilage and once one both earlobes. He looks noting like a hero or a villain, but also nothing like a regular man or woman walking on the streets. Something seems different about him. Something irregular.

Personality: Kotame is a Fire cracker. He loves to have fun and have a good time. He enjoys dancing and having fun. Usually never depressed or sad, He can always fine good in someone or thing. Though always a Kind person also very manipulative if he sees you as a threat or someone bad. He usually loves making friends, making him not only hard not to love, but also hard not to toy with, Kotame was the one when his mom said not to talk to strangers he didnt listen.

Psych Tattoo/Abilities: A deep black line that looks like a stretched out S on his lower back, right above his waist, that has swirls or curves forming out of itself that eventually comes together and form into a wavy perimeter of a Star. His ability allows him to remember any information or picture that he's learned or saw or copies information from others by touching their skin, if he caught a brief glance at someones face he could remember it forever. He could also apply information or pictures in other peoples minds if he makes skin contact with them, it wouldn't last forever but could for some time. If he applies to much information or copies to much of their memory he could mentally damage someones nervous system or temporarily make them forget where they where and who they where.

Other Info: Kotame always carries a U.M.P (Updated Music Player) With him wherever he goes. He memorized all the lyrics of most of his songs.

castersage
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Joshua Salvador on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Yep, no problems there. Jump in when you see a reasonable opportunity to.

Joshua Salvador
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Epistaxis on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:52 pm

I've gotta get to bed for the night (getting late here). I'll be back on tomorrow if all goes as planned.

Epistaxis
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:57 am

Name: Raven Curow
Age/Gender: 23 Male
Height: 5' 7
Affiliation: Freelancer
Appearance: Raven is a man of moderate height. He has long raven black hair and slightly pale skin. He has a regal complexion giving him an air of power or confidence. His clothes can vary from time to time, but he wears mostly dark colors. His most defining and unnerving characteristic is his eyes, which are pitch black save for a ring of silver around where the irises should be.

Psych Tattoo/Abilities: Raven's tattoo is actually in his eyes, which is the reason for the strange coloration. He often wears special contacts to hide their color from others when he needs to or wears sunglasses. His ability allows him to draw Gaea energy into himself and change his appearance at will. The down side to this is that he doesn't change back because it physically alters his bodily chemistry. If he wanted to change back he would have to use his ability again to revert to his original form. The form he takes now is just one that he has chosen for now. In fact he has changed so many times he doesn't remember who or what he looked like in the beginning. Fortunately his abilities allow him to find work rather easily as a detective or a spy for different organizations. He's even been hired by Taurus a few times.
There is a place within each of us where we cannot escape the truth; where virtue sits as judge. To admit the truth of our actions is to go before that court, where process is irrelevant. Good and evil are intents, and intent is without excuse.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Joshua Salvador on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:49 am

No problems there, come in when it's convenient.

Joshua Salvador
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!