Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

URGENT: (READ THIS) Do Not Use RPers Wanted As An OOC Board

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

URGENT: (READ THIS) Do Not Use RPers Wanted As An OOC Board

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:09 am

After the rise in posts, I need to remind people the FUNCTION of this forum is to advertise already existing roleplays. Please refrain from creating OOC threads here, place them in the OOC area as that gathers more user traffic than this area.

Offending threads will be moved or locked, do not complain if either happen.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Do Not Use RPers Wanted As An OOC Board

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:51 am

Okay, so, just clarifying...if I want to ask for a one on one roleplay I should ask for one in the OOC section and not the actual Roleplayers Wanted board, which only exists to provide traffic for a currently existing roleplay to get additional people to join in. This correct?

I just asked because I noticed my topic was locked and I'm not complaining, I'm just requesting clarification. I don't want to start a new topic in the OOC board only to find it doesn't belong there either.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:01 am

1x1 - Please refer to the sticky in regards to them, we have a site ruling on how they are handled which is the reason for the lock (noting the number of other 1x1's locked.)

However to clarify,

Remæus wrote:After an extended trial period of the "Private Roleplay" forum, we have decided that having an area where private roleplays can be held in public is not constructive for our community and will be closing the forum.

Effective immediately, the ability to create new topics in the "Private Roleplay" forum has been disabled, but replies can still be made to existing topics.

Do not create "PRP" threads in other forums. They will be removed.
Instead, please create your roleplays with titles that match the story that you intend to write.

Create your new roleplays with titles that match the story, and in the forum that fits your genre. These will be approved.
If you want your topic moved, please give it a title and remove "PRP" and player names from the title, then click the "Summon Moderator" button when your thread meets the requirements. A moderator will get to it as quickly as possible.

Please reply directly to this thread if you have any questions or comments!

What this breaks down into is the following:

Do not make pure "1x1" threads, make them as OOCs/ICs with a fitting description and title, mention inside the thread that you are only seeking a singular (or small number) of people for this. 1x1 'adverts' (which they are, more than OOC threads, its like a bloody dating board lately.), will be locked and will continue to stay locked until they conform to the above quoted guidelines. To do so, PM a mod to have the thread unlocked so you may modify it correctly.

Now in regards to your other question, OOC threads belong in the OOC area, the RPers Wanted area is as you said, only to advertise currently existing roleplay for extra traffic, as people may not wish to brwose 15 pages of an OOC to see if a spot is open or not. So combining the two, it'd be fairly effective to sort out the conditions of a '1x1' thread and post it in the OOC board.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:05 pm

Well, what if you're requesting to do a 1x1 over AIM or E-Mail? And you post it in the Roleplayers Wanted Forum, because there is no other place for it? I, personally, do not do 1x1's that aren't on the site, and will never do them off-site. But, just seeking clarification.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -~-~-~- Edgar Allan Poe.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:20 am

1x1 requests (under proper format) should still be on the OOC forum, regardless of the medium to do them on.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vanillatwilightx on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:20 am

Alvaron, I talked to you about this whole one x one thing a while back and you cleared it up for me, but might I make a suggestion/comment?

If one x ones are NOT supposed to be posted in the Roleplayers Wanted forum, wouldn't it make sense for you guys to take down that bright red banner on the OOC forum that says, "Please post all "Players Wanted" threads (such as 1x1 requests) in the Roleplayers Wanted forum!"

I mean, if we're not supposed to post them there, then that's a pretty confusing contradiction for someone who hasn't had it clarified. That's why I had such an ordeal figuring out where I was supposed to ask for one x ones.
http://www.freewebs.com/frozenxdaiquiri

vanillatwilightx
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DaCookie on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:23 pm

People do this because there is way too many rps in the ooc section.And no offense to the people, but theres a lot of trash ones that people always seem to make very very regular replys to.
"See these revolvers
That's why they call us
The same reason the police ain't never caught us
I'm on another level words from a true rebel
I rock your ass and I ain't talking heavy"

DaCookie
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: URGENT: (READ THIS) Do Not Use RPers Wanted As An OOC Board

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Mon May 24, 2010 11:07 pm

PEOPLE PLEASE, read the title. >:( Stop posting your OUT OF CHARACTER OR SIGN UP THREADS in this forum. Use the OOC board for that!
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!