Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Very English Magic Society (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A Very English Magic Society (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tess on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:18 pm

(IC --> very-english-magic-society-t15354.html )

It is the Victorian era. Progress! Scientific progress! In all the noble houses of England, scientists and patrons are pursuing meaning. Physics, spirituality, magic, the grand unification theory. But although there are lots of large societies dedicated to various magical arts, only one, the smallest, the least known, can claim their knowledge as real.

The Society of the Red Stone have carried out the Great Work for just over a century, after discovering an ancient Arabic Text describing the fundamentals of Alchemy. With it, they have divided the Great Work into three distinct arts;

+ The art of Magickal transfiguration, potions and infusions ; transmuation of matter to matter
+ The art of Magickal charmes and bewitchments; transmuation of thought to actuality
+ The art of Seeing and Manipulating forces Most Highe; transmutation of time and fayte, of immaterial to material, and back againe.

Seven members remain, for three of the original ten were considered foul and greed-driven. These seven are looking to replenish their ranks, and are looking for the spark of pure-heartedness that is necessary to take on such a great art.

Because alchemy is a spiritual journey, and must be accomplished with patience.

The other three though have formed their own society, it's name yet unknown. But they seek to strike at the Society that scorned them. When the time is right. Who will be caught in the middle, will a war be fought, and who will rise from the ashes?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Profile Skeleton
Name:
Personality:
Background/current situation:

The RP is set loosely in London. I will play one of the current members of the society, and a few other characters I'll leave till later to introduce. I am only allowing TWO of the three scorned members to be played, but all of the "current" seven are allowed. The reason the 3 were kicked out is because they tried to use Alchemy for their own ends, and upset the balance. Something went terribly wrong and the 3 are now less than human, or more, whichever you decide... If you decide to be one of them please PM me so I can give you more details. If you are one of the seven you will be on the lookout for pure-hearted people to join you!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tess's profiles
Name: Tessandra Fay
Personality: Usually strong and hard-working, she has a strong moral compass.
Background/current situation: The grandson of her Master moved to live with them several months ago, and began flirting with her. She was flattered by his attentions and allowed herself to be deluded by promises of marriage and riches. A devoted Christian, she was heartbroken and angry at herself when she realised she had been led on, and had thrown away one of the most important possessions a Christian woman can have. Now she risks being found out, and if the scandal comes to light, she stands to lose everything.

Name:Dai'sia (Dice- ear)
Occupation: Apothecarist and member of the Society of the Red Stone
Personality: soft and distant, yet with a voice and presence like barely contained thunder.
Background/current situation: Little is known about this woman except she was the daughter of a skilled medicine woman and a scholarly father. For some reason she left her family home in Wiltshire to live in London, and disappeared, before a woman of the same name appeared in society some years later.
Last edited by Tess on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am a member of DOL (Death to One Liners). If you are a DOLly, please add this to your signature.

So... Your character is amazing and attractive and powerful and interesting? Nice to hear. Prove it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tess
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: A Very English Magic Society (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kargoth on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:02 pm

Name: David graves
Occupation: Noble; involved in weapons manufacture & sales-also a member of the lost three
Personality: Cold, ruthless and extremely vengefull. Also highly intelligent & imagineative.
Background/current situation: Currently splits time between buissness, politics, and the dark arts, though is looking for recruits to the lost three.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kargoth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby soulwave on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:47 pm

Name: Lord Roswell, Archduke of Knightsbridge and Baron of Southfields
Occupation: A High Noble, a respectable Member in the Order of the Totenkreuz. Some believe he has contracted with the Devil Rasatti and has gained a familiar to compliment his potency within the Dark Artes...
Personality: "The Weak exist only to serve the Strong!" pretty much compiles his attitude in one simple sentence. Arrogant, narcissistic, cruel and unforgiving, Roswell makes up your typical Villain, one that you would read out from a story book. Fancying himself a feudalist lord, Roswell has a superiority complex that makes dictators look like nuns running a charity. Cocky and vengeful, he would not delay to act when people make slights to his pride.
Background/current situation: After the recently failed rebellion of Orleans, Roswell has seemingly ceased his activities within the Order and has resumed to a more reserved position within the hierarchy, presumably to divert attention from his somewhat treasonous ways. He had acted like this ever since Harold of Nantes was hanged for his participation in the Birmingham uprising, followed by the imprisonment of Lord Richter for shielding his Maid, whom partook within the Orleans rebellion. Despite his present situation, Roswell owned a large plot of land, his holdings growing with every member of the Totenkreuz being hanged or imprisoned...
Other: The Order of the Totenkreuz first began as a collaboration of Nobles who pitched in their shares in the Monarchy's land to form a rudimentary union to assure that should a member be challenged, the entire Order shall flock to defend him. However, they have much more...interests in their mind than just sharing plots of land, as many attempted assassinations and failed rebellions are loosely connected to this order...
Appearance:[x]
If anyone knows about the Games No More Heroes and The World Ends with You as well as watched The Matrix series and would like to RP a Modern Fantasy Roleplay, PM ME NAO!

soulwave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tess on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:00 pm

Kargoth can you read the PM I sent you? Soulwave your profile's gooood. Kargoth yours is too I just need to give you some infoooo.

Need some members of the Seven.

So the two main organisations are the Society of the Red Stone and the Lost Three. Also there's the Order of Totenkreuz now which could come in a bit. oooh, can't wait ^_^.

Tess
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectoral Ingenetic on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:27 pm

Name: Leon (Lay-ohn) Morgue (Mor-gyuu)

Personality: Leon is very kind and courteous, however he is also lazy. When he isn't working, he's off on a hillside in the country part of town, watching the clouds. Leon tends to be nice almost all of the time. He tends to give people nicknames sporadically. When he offends people, he deeply apologizes, and will go through great lengths to prove it. Leon has yet to have an affection for anyone, on account that right now he couldn't really care. In a way, Leon loves everyone equally. He is never without a smile.

Background/current situation: Leon was born and raised in France for a long time, giving him a distinct French accent. His family moved to London when he was 12, in order to escape the political persecutions in France at the time. Leon was orphaned when he was 17, a few days before he was legally an adult. As such, it wasn't bothered for Leon to be placed in an orphanage. Leon had no siblings, and therefore began to live on his own. He works as a doctor, usually staying up late nights to help with patients. His career path and loss of parents drove him towards the darker side of Alchemy: human life. Since then, Leon has developed permanent bags under his eyes, but yet to have shown any real temper of the sort. He has been known to sometimes wander around a graveyard, looking for signs to help him on his goal. He wishes to be able to save people from even imminent death.

Spectoral Ingenetic
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:42 pm

I forget what Victorian era is *FAIL* cause I love history class.

I'm gonna take a different approach.

Name: Bradly Oswalt
Personality: Can I remain secret until playing?
Background/current situation: A British detective who knows nothing about using magic, but understands there is magic.
Last edited by Walter Barrecks on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"She called me late last night, to say she loved me so.
But I guess you changed her mind.
Well I should have known it wouldn't be all right,
But I can't live without her
So I won't even try...
And if I get drunk, then I'll pass out on the floor now baby.
Cause you won't bother me no more.
And if you're drinking, well you know that you're my friend and I say
I guess I'll have myself a beer."
Reel Big Fish- Beer

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tess on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:13 am

hmmm, I don't think so, other people MIGHT be able to resurrect people later on when their skill in alchemy becomes strong enough, but otherwise no, cos other people might feel it's a bit like godmodding. The elixir of life only prolongs life, it doesn't make you invincible too.

When dealing with life and death, we're talking forces Most Highe, and they won't come into the story straight away.

Tess
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:08 am

I meant in the case that I was resurrected when I start, as in to power down one of the seven.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tess on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:51 pm

Oh, hmmm, well there isn't any spaces for the original Lost Three at the moment, Walter, so you wouldn't really be in league with them or know about the Seven... I think it might over-complicate things somewhat, although if you sought to join the three and THEN died, and they resurrected you, that might fit in with the plot line at some time in the near future. I'd just rather leave the major types of alchemy till later on, to give us a bit of a buildup. Hope that's ok ^_^

Tess
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:10 pm

I'll go with the easy one. If you allow me to be one of the three, I'll choose them. I figured a good evening factor would involve something that forces my character to be unaware of who he is, and I've been the amnesiac thing too much.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tess on Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:00 pm

My advice would be to not be one of the three, and be someone seeking that power and knowledge. That way there's more interaction to do, rather than just being one of the three. But if Soulwave isn't one of the Three, you can have the last space. But wait till Soulwave confirms, cos I don't quite know.

Tess
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ambassador Cutestory on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:01 am

Name: Prof. Arthur Lennox
Occupation: Proffesor of Archeology at Aberdeen University and member of the Society of the Red Stone
Personality: Caustic, depressed and irritable. Arthur is frustrated by the current situation of the Society and his own relative powerlessness. His years of learning and training are all that is keeping him level.
Background/current situation: A relatively junior member of the Society, Proffesor Lennox was quick to display his truth and loyalty by challenging and battling one of the three rogue magicians without the support or assistance of any of the other, more knowledgeable members. He barely escaped with his life, and has lost much of his former strength in the duel. His wounded leg refuses to heal and he cannot maintain the strength required to keep himself young. He now spends much of his time in study, hoping to help the Society where he can, now his powers are so greatly reduced.

Ambassador Cutestory
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tess on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:11 pm

Liking the profile. If anyone's ready the IC is up in the first post ^^^^^

Tess
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Woops, I fell off the Earth during the holiday. Posting.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!