Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Blackford Manor

Blackford Manor

a part of “Blackford Manor”, a fictional universe by Crichton.

Eight servants are offered various positions at the mysterious Blackford Manor. But who is Zedkiel Blackford, and why is it that nobody ever sees him? And what are those horrible sounds coming from the attic at night?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Blackford Manor”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Blackford Manor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:13 pm

Welcome to the Blackford Manor OOC.

Please use this forum for any questions you may have, and the reservation of characters.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crichton
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Re: Blackford Manor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:41 pm

This looks quite interesting, but before I reserve, I must ask:

Are face claims to be real life only? I can do anything but (digital doll, realistic artwork, anime, comic, sketch, etc) but I am not comfortable using people's actual faces/ pictures.
Current quote going on in my head:

"You look like a girl!"
"That's what I am, half-wit!"
"Yeah, but today you look it!"

Ever After

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:11 pm

Well, I was using the term faceclaim for those who would prefer real faces, but realistic artwork is absolutely fine! I'm not fussed, though I personally don't like anime– that's mainly because I don't watch anime myself, though, and I have such a dang hard time finding good pictures.

Crichton
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:00 am

Hello there, this has such potential, I already recommended a friend.

Can I reserve a spot, and my FC Ashley Madekwe

Can she be a maid, and she'll be 19 years old?
Watch me draw this and other strange things

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DΣMIGӨD on Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:23 am

-Raises hand.- I would be that friend.

Ey-up, chaps. I'd like to grab the role of a manservant, if that's quite alright. I'm gonna be entirely boring though, and choose Eddie Redmayne as a face-claim.

Very sorry, I'm going to have to withdraw my reservation.
Last edited by DΣMIGӨD on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

DΣMIGӨD
Member for 8 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:55 am

Welcome, welcome! Your reservations have been noted.

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talvea on Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:30 pm

Hiya! I'd love to join. Can I have a maidservant role? I'm just finding a FC now! I'd love to use FC: Ashleigh Cummings

Talvea
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:04 pm

Lovely, that's fine!

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:46 am

@Everyone: Theodorus is now up, although for obvious reasons his characters sheet doesn't have as much information as the rest of yours. A GM must reserve some secrets, after all. I may be willing to start the RP without the full amount of people, as I'd really like to get it up and going before I have to move out of my flat on the 31st. Crichton out.
Last edited by Crichton on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nosyfatguy on Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi there, i'd like to reserve the stocktaker, the fc would be young leo from the Titanic

nosyfatguy
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Absolutely, welcome to the club!

@DΣMIGӨD, sad to see you go. That's fine, though.

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BubblyBrunette on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:41 pm

Hello there, I love the idea of this roleplay and I would love to reserve a spot. I was thinking she could be a housekeeper or a servant.I would like to use the FC of Nina Dobrev.

BubblyBrunette
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:56 pm

Welcome, welcome! Your reservation has been noted.

@Everyone I'm hoping to start the roleplay on Friday or at least over the weekend, so please try to finish your characters by then. As the introduction says, we will start the second day after you've all arrived, so you can explore your characters getting to know each other, etc.

Your characters will have been told at this point that the manor is expecting guests in a week, and probably will have been instructed to have the house look its best by that time.

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:59 pm

Hello there! I would like to reserve the role of a kitchenhand. I will be using FC: Sophie Lowe. Also, I plan on having her be mute if that's alright with you.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:24 am

That's completely fine, I'll make a note of it!

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nosyfatguy on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:16 pm

Just wanted to say for some reason it won't let me put a picture in for the profile, but other then that Beranad is finished.

nosyfatguy
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:59 pm

His picture shows up for me, but I know RPGateway can be a bit screwy in that respect. Accepted!

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:37 am

Chloeis all finished xD

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:51 am

Accepted! I'm at the library at the moment, but I'll start working on the introduction post when I get home. There are still some unfinished characters so I'm giving them an extra day, and if the characters aren't finished I'll start without them.

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:30 pm

Introduction post is up. It's time to play, children.

The rules from here:
  • You are allowed to make up anything within the house unless it contradicts my descriptions on the introduction page. I want everyone to have fun, and while I control the major plot points I do not wish you to be stunted in your creativity in any way.
  • I will be making a list of NPC's in a new topic in the forum. You may also post relevant NPCs there if you wish.
  • You may not go into the attic. I am happy for your characters to try, but you will find any entrance sealed shut and impossible to break through.
  • Anyone wishing to make a character and join in from this point, you are more than welcome. The players are not the only people in the house, as there will be at least eight NPCs with them, and I would be happy to rule that your character has been one of these NPCs all along. Other solutions may also be found.

Lastly, the next two-three weeks will be very busy for me IRL, but I am hoping to be active on the site. As such, I will still be replying to questions and moving the plot forward, I just won't have time to be as active as I would like, because I am finishing my dissertation.

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!