Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Chronicles of Cre' Est

RP General Discussion

a part of “Chronicles of Cre' Est”, a fictional universe by KumoriRyuu.

The continent of Cre' Est has come a long way since the day of its founding. This RP is an experiment in chronicling some of the major historical events which helped shape how the continent and five nations came to be.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Chronicles of Cre' Est”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

RP General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:50 am

This will be the thread where the main bulk of our conversations take place. The others will mostly be informational, and not meant for conversation or posting.

So for now, please sit tight and think about what kinds of characters you might want to add for the scenarios I listed on the RP's main page!

To get the obvious questions out of the way ahead of time, here's a brief Q&A about the RP:

1) What is the time period?

- The bulk of this RP takes place in a middle ages/medieval time period, and will advance to a late-medieval period by the end of the last Chronicled adventure.

2) What kinds of tech is there?

- The technology will be evolving as we move on, so I can't put down exactly what we have in one such answer. But I will be sure to update everyone on where technology is and how it's advanced in each Chronicled period of history as we move through them. Please refer to the thread "Culture" (which will be made soon) to get an idea of where we're at for each leg of the RP.

3) What's the culture like?

- The various aspects of culture such as language, religion, government, professions, technology, etc, will all be detailed in a "Culture" thread. But please be patient. This thread will take me some time to put together. But once it's up, you should have a fairly clear understanding of what life is like and how to tailor a character to each Chronicled period of history in this RP.

4) Any character restrictions?

Yes. Two.

First, no "super" people. I learned my lesson about these kinds of characters the hard way. Still, we'll define what that means. No video game double-jumping, consecutive wall leaping, triple or more flips from a standstill with no momentum buildup, falling from three (or more) stories up completely unharmed, etc. So the basic rule of thumb is that if a real life human being can't accomplish the feat, it doesn't belong in the RP.

Secondly, I find prodigy characters incredibly contrived and boring. I don't want them in my RP. Period.

5) Are there any kinds of character professions or life styles you don't want?

As long as it fits a pre-medieval/medieval time period, you can make whatever kind of character you want.

If you have any other questions, feel free to throw them my way! I love questions!

Thank you so much for visiting the RP!

Hopefully I'll catch you in the comment section!

~ Kumori
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!