Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ripped Illusions

Ripped Illusion

a part of “Ripped Illusions”, a fictional universe by VisualSins.

A Visual Kei Band RP.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ripped Illusions”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Ripped Illusion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VisualSins on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:20 am

Birth. Death. Reborn.

These three words… make up Hotaru Mayonaka’s life. She believes in Birth then Death; Rebirth is the only one she ignores, seeing that if your Reborn you’ll just come back been born in a more miserable life then when you first started out with.

Hotaru Mayonaka comes from a long history of Priestesses and Geishas in Kyoto, the most female ruled occupations in all of Japan. She dreads every minute of it. Hotaru hates where she comes from, where her family comes from… everything. She sees everything in her family as sexists and something she has been taught since a young age… she’ll always be ruled by men and so will the world.

Hotaru though begs to defer from every rule, every teaching, ever history detail she was taught and what she’s seen and believes women can come out on top just like men.

Betray her traditions and her family, Hotaru gave up on school after graduating from high school at seventeen as an honor student like her family had wish and saw after. She just walked out from her home without a single word, not fighting back to her family’s yelling and remarks, her mind already set on what she wanted and was to do with her life. Her dream was to become a rock singer, the most male populated occupation in Japan. She knew many females didn’t make it in this genre of music; she admired those who did and kept going even when they were out numbered.

Having her sights on Tokyo, her dream was far from been reached or even achieved but she stayed positive and would till the end. Many put down on her dream and laughed at it but she didn’t and neither did her three best friends who cheered her on and even joined her. Thanks to them she knew she’d make it, especially since they’d be with her as her band mates. All four headed to Tokyo together, nothing stopping them but two obstacles… been noticed by an agent and been picked out of many musicians, especially the male ones. Their other problem was to find another guitarist to add to their little group to make a complete set of five, making them a stronger band… a Visual Kei Band.

Hotaru had been in love with this genre of music ever since she went to Tokyo with her school back when she was eight and kept listening to it till now. She began dressing it at thirteen and her best friends when they were fifteen, liking the sound of music thanks to her.

After arriving to Tokyo, they began their activities as a four member band with Hotaru playing the extra guitar till, six months late,r found there fifth member at a concert they had attended. After two years of playing together as an Underground Band, they got signed into Aristocrat Chrome, one of Japan’s top music agencies since 1999. Who owned two designing labels and a modeling agency under the same name.

Now their dream had finally started, but something, no some bodies stood in there way to the top, an all Male Visual Kei band who had been #1 since 2004. Hotaru’s friends were a bit frightened and sadden, thinking they wouldn’t reach their goal once more. Hotaru though kept her mind sharp and positive and reassured them, they’d make it, even if their opponents were higher then them, they reach them and knock them off the top.

Both bands were signed under the same agency which meant problems would arise more and faster.

They both meet for the first time on June 19th 2010… and the encounter was not taken well. Hotaru’s band fought back verbally against their new enemies due to them sudden insulting them at first glance for been females and seeing them no more then common home makers.

Hotaru had stayed silent the whole time, till, their enemies Singer said something that totally crossed the line and she yelled loudly from her seat to make her friends be quiet. Her aura at that moment was dark, cold, omens; she stood from her seat and walked up to the Singer and looked at him directly into his eyes, sharp, cold and said only four words “Your death shall come.

And with that, the rivalry between these two bands began.
"Visual Kei the Subgenra of Jrock, Jrock the root of Visual Kei"
Join my New RP :

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VisualSins
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Ripped Illusion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:21 am

You could also add SuG and LM.C. to that list. Haven't listened to em in awhile, but they were pretty cool. LM.C. is definitely one of my favorites.

But I'm going to apply to be the bassist. Just wondering, you want a normal and a Visual Kei appearance? I can get you a normal appearance tonight, but I'm going to have to specifically design one for the Visual Kei outfit. I've been looking for what feels like an hour and I can't find any super amazing stock pics.
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VisualSins on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:25 am

Oh yea XD I knew I forgot someone or someones! Omg! How can I call myself fan O.O:
Anyways...

The picture that needs to be seen is the Normal Appearance ^^
The Stage Appearance(s) are only suppose to be links in the Stage Appearance(s) area in the Character sheet :)

VisualSins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:14 am

Would you mind if those were drawings? I'm not a bad artist and I'd much prefer to design some good outfits for this character. Mostly because the stock images I've found suck. The pictures should be pretty good. Here's proof: My Deviantart

But, due to the delay, my profile won't be up until tomorrow. And then I'll be gone for a week. TT-TT But I still wanna join!

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VisualSins on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:33 am

Okay ^^ its fine with me :) my character wont be up till tomorrow anyways too so dont worry.
and no problem, if we get everyone before you get back I hope it'll be okay if I can control it, I wont have her talk or anything just dragging her along with everyone so she wont be left behind and I'll fill you in, in whats happened so far :3
But I doubt I'll get everyone till next week X3 this type of rps are hard to fill up ^^:

VisualSins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chou. on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:57 am

Just to prove that I read the rules : Ripped Illusions.

And if you have any problem with my character, just PM me. ^^

chou.
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VisualSins on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:48 pm

O.O OMG! Im so sorry chou. :( I reserved the lead guitarist for a friend... my internet shut off yesterday so I couldn't edited in >.< I'm so sorry! I hope you don't mind changing :(
I read over your character thought I think Rhythm Guitar could be good for your character actually since it seems your background would be an interesting plot twist to this one. You know since they all dont know each other that well yet and if the other members seemed to stumble upon it (or the enemy band to take it out in the press or something; maybe you know blackmail). I hope you dont mind changing :< Im sorry I should have edited quickly before my computer shut down >.< so its not your fault! Its mine!

VisualSins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VisualSins on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Someone please join! We still have many spots open!~

VisualSins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iminmiamitrick2233 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:21 pm

ill join, but it will take a min to get my sheet up

iminmiamitrick2233
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VisualSins on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:24 pm

thats fine :D yay! More people :)

VisualSins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iminmiamitrick2233 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:17 pm

alrighty i made a character, i hope its good, im still in the process of editing *face palm*

proof of reading the rules: Ripped Illusion

iminmiamitrick2233
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VisualSins on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:35 pm

Looks good so far :) I'll approve it once you finished editing
Also remember some (sorry I forgot to add it in the rules) is that you must write at least a paragraph or two :3 I saw some work of your and take your time when you write response your good just a few grammar errors (Dont worry Im no spelling freak or what not XD Just giving a pointer lol)

VisualSins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chou. on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Edited, thanks for telling me that. ^^ And no problem.

chou.
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby YaoiHeart on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:53 pm

I will join...just need to think up a character...

Ummm do I do the proof of reading of the rules first here, or do that after making my character? *confused*
Hanchul is my drug

YaoiHeart
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VisualSins on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:07 pm

after or later just to let me know you read them cuz many people dont and then thats when chaos happens in my rps :/
ANd thanks for join!~ :D Make me so happY!

Edited: Oh iminmiamitrick2233 but I just noticed your missing a few things ^^: from the character sheet could you please check that out thank you :3

VisualSins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby YaoiHeart on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Oh, okay ^^ Your Welcome C:

YaoiHeart
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rausenhiruzo on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:38 pm

I'll reserve the lead guitarist for the all boy band if someone hasn't already taken it. I've read your rules enough to know them by now lol.

Rausenhiruzo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby YaoiHeart on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Aw man, I making my character for that position...

YaoiHeart
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rausenhiruzo on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:52 pm

I can reserve another character i haven't even started mine yet
Last edited by Rausenhiruzo on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rausenhiruzo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby YaoiHeart on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:56 pm

I'm about to finish mine...if that's okay with you?

YaoiHeart
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!