Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

X-men: Genetic Drift

X-men: Genetic Drift

a part of “X-men: Genetic Drift”, a fictional universe by DreamlandDenizen.

All of the mutants were forcibly given 'the cure': a serum that suppressed their mutant genes. Over the next decades the dormant mutant genes started to mutate again and resurface in teens. The genes are now even stronger than they were before.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “X-men: Genetic Drift”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] X-men: Genetic Drift

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlandDenizen on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:05 pm

Welcome to X-men: Genetic Drift OOC. Any questions or concerns should go here regarding the RP.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DreamlandDenizen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] X-men: Genetic Drift

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PandoraBox on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:52 pm

I'm joining soon :)
this is going to be cool!
{insert witty signature here}

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PandoraBox
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:10 pm

i would just like to ask that you don't allow too many people to join...the last time i was in an X-Men rp there were over 10 people, most of which rarely posted, and when they did their posts were pages long...just a suggestion though, completely up to you :D
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantaBadger on Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:21 am

Sign me up! I'll submit my sheet the moment I'm finished with it.
Sanity, schamity! I've got style...

If you're looking for a brutal legend roleplay or a fantasy one revolving around Heavy Metal and, let's be frank, gratuitous violence check out 'The Second Age of Metal'. Characters are always welcome and I'm happy to give you the story so far, here's a link: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-second-age-of-metal/

FantaBadger
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:33 am

Technomancer reporting for duty, sir! You need some information, or something built, I'm your man. I also make a pretty good transport man in things suitably advanced. It's hard to take down a plane when I'm talking to it, and controlling it without the need for millions of buttons.
ImageImage ImageImage

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlandDenizen on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:34 pm

Ok so far I've accepted six characters which I think will be enough to start with. If you didn't get accepted all hope is not lost, You might still get invited in the RP later on. Someone might drop out and need to be replaced, or maybe we might need a villian to fight against who will eventually begrudgingly join the team to fight against a greater evil.

To the people I did accept welcome to the RP. I'll start on the first IC post later today. Just so you know I'm planning for the RP to be set in New York. It will start just before the characters all meet. My character is going to be making a safehouse for other mutants inspired by Xavier's old school, but he doesn't have money so an abandoned old building will have to suffice.

DreamlandDenizen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:03 pm

Cool. For the record, I will be on the run, having left the orphanage when I realized what I was. Don't want to bring trouble down on them after all, right?

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:36 pm

sounds cool. my guy could actually help with the money thing later on. although he hetas his father, he gets sent a couple thousand doller every few weeks or months, but he doesn't like to show it off or let anyone know.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantaBadger on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:55 pm

Sweet, I can't wait for things to get moving... My character should be able to help find a good safe house, after all she can tell you everything about a building from touch. ;P Oh, and I live in Australia so I may be in a different time zone to some or even all of you so I may not be on at the same times.

FantaBadger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PandoraBox on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:59 pm

i'm excited for this to start, it should be pretty epic. win.
p.s. FTW. whoot. you've just witnessed an ADHD attack.

PandoraBox
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlandDenizen on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Sorry about the delay. I put my post up, so have at it guys.

DreamlandDenizen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:50 pm

Woohoo! Here we come! Technomancer on the run time!

EDIT: And, viola! We noware in possession of two shiny new motorcycles. Intelligent ones, even! I do blieve I've eased the burden of transport JUST a bit. By the way, that's not too advanced, right? I mean, it IS a few generations past the original, and they had the danger room, the x-jet, sentinals, CEREBRO, etc. A couple of electric motorcycles that drive themselves is no big deal.

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlandDenizen on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:51 pm

You're free to go crazy with the technology. I hadn't really thought about it but whatever you can come up with should be fine. I've never seen a little extra Sci-fi ruin anything.

DreamlandDenizen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Cool enough. So, whoever I bump into first has some transport. I think I'm gonna go hole up in my safehouse, and work on reprogramming them. Yes, he has a safehouse, no, I'm not pulling this out my ass. He worked as a freelance acker. Obviously the place would be well hidden, and he couldn't exactly keep the equipment in the orphanage. It isn't the biggest place though...think of it as a garage.

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:30 pm

I feel I should warn you all, Chris has a thing for naming stuff. He tends to come up with names for everything, and everybody. First examples: Alpha, the first bike he contacted. Beta, the other one. Not too creative. Crazy Psycho Girl? Oh yeah, a masterpiece. He tends to use first impressions to their fullest, especially as the source of the names.

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantaBadger on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:44 pm

That's ok, Nat will probably come up with some names for you though they won't be very kind... Tourette's can sometimes be included in her instability. :P Hooray!

FantaBadger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PandoraBox on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:49 pm

sorry i havent posted, i was traveling all day, but i should be able to post later tonite :)

PandoraBox
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehnesis on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:47 am

(like a girl, she noted)

lolwut? How does coming in peace make someone like a girl? Is peace a wholly feminine concept? I was going more for the whole "assumed-alien" vibe, what with the teleporting and green skin and whatnot, but whatever yo. Let's see how this goes. :P
They told me, "Son, you're special. You were born to do great things."

ImageImageImage

Jehnesis
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:56 am

lol, well, as for the whole girl voice thing, didn't the crazy character say it?

and, i was just curious, in the begining i know we don't need to worry about it, but, other than the goverenment and such, are there any bad guys? i mean, like, other mutants and such? i was just curious and had kind of an idea if there would be

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:58 am

Well, I for one am being pretty damn paranoid with you folks. I've decided to trust Natasha for now, and you, Jehn, but other than that...yeah, you other two kind of freak me out. I'm bolting. With or without you two.

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!