Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

X-Gene

X-Gene 2

a part of “X-Gene”, a fictional universe by Soul_Alchemist.

FINISHED

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “X-Gene”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] X-Gene 2

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:22 am

maybe at this point we should think about a sequel rp in more detail. the current X-Gene still has some life in it, and some more stroryline to go, but it's probably safe to say it's over the half way mark now. so, i'll put down some ideas for ways the story could go in the second rp, and see what you guys think. i'll try and go character by character, starting with my own...

Romeo: after seemingly defeating Psycho something inside changes, and when his father, General Margrave, confronts the group, he declines the offer, and instead joins the Mutant Resistance. Over the course of time, and through a few events, he becomes the leader of the Mutant Resistance, and starts the spark which ignites the next mutant war. However, near the begining of the actual 'war' he has a change of conscience, and wants to try and stop the war, and be reuinited with his friends

Hunter: after the incident at the mall, and being confronted by General Margrave who has proof of what he did at the SafeHouse, gets fired. Now considered and outlaw because he is no longer a member of the MTD, he goes off by himself, leaving behind all he knew up to this point, and feeling still not setteled between himself and Westlyn. Using his psychic powers he keeps himself hidden from the new squad of MTD that are after him, and eventually, when things go close to the brink of war, he decides he must do something, so he tries to find and confront Romeo on his own

Lycan: currently in a coma, with the help of another mutant he regains conscienceness, however he is much weaker than he was, his powers more limited. due to this fact he is no longer fit to be the leader of the Mutant Resistance, however his age and wisdom are still of use, and so he sticks around, influencing Romeo's actions up until the point that the balance of power among the mutants shifts, then, he is murdered to keep him silent about a secret

Draco: mentioned in my last post, will become a key part in the latter half of X-Gene 2. claiming to be from another world where his people ruled, and somehow transported to this world when the lab exploded, he is trying to find a way back to his own world. he finds out that if certain mutant powers clash they create tiny rips between the worlds, and so he urges the mutant war forward, supporting Romeo completely without telling him his true plan, which is ti use the war to rip the space between his own world and ours so that he can go home. when Lycan leans of this he is murdered, and when Romeo goes soft he battles him for power and wins

i think that covers all of my characters. General Margrave will just keep on being the general, and will basically be an NPC from now on, save for the confrontation. now, the following is a bit of what i invision for the other characters...

Westlyn: confused about her feelings towards Hunter, and torn between being with him and moving on, joins the MTD after learning that he has left them, in hope of mastering her powers, and using her connections through her modeling career as well as her new ones through MTD to keep an eye on him. when the war gets closer she has gotten stronger, but there are still lingering feelings towards Hunter which she can still not fully explain, so she decides to go after him, to settle this all once and for all, but in doing so she egts swept up in the war, and the confrontation between Hunter and Romeo

Alex: when she gets seperated from the others she fears the worst, and through false claims by General Margrave, she is convinced most of her friends are now dead. feeling alone and still not able to control or fully understand her powers, she joins MTD to train herself, and in the process grows closer to Westlyn, maybe seeing her as a big sister figure. with her powers stronger now she learns that what she was told before was all lies, and that Romeo and all the others are still out there, and so when Westlyn leaves she tags along

Psycho: after having his gas mask removed during the fight with Romeo, his powers are fully unleashed on everyone around him. those closer to him developed a slight to heavily altered mental status. the affect on himself is that his body is destroyed, however, being the sort of mutant he is, he finds another vessel, the body of a girl with a similar background and powers, but when he takes over her body he cannot do so completely, and a part of her remains, and becomes strong enough to dum down his abilities, as well as make her able to assert herself sometimes. Psycho seeks out Romeo, wanting revenge and destruction, while the girl struggles to take her body back

Dustin: during the fight with Psycho, his powers become more fully developed, however, like Romeo, his mental status is slightly changed, so that his objectives are skewed. honestly i don't much more plot that that right now only because so far KidFuturistic hasn't spoken up yet about his part in all of this, but as of now i figure he will either A) run off on his own like Hunter, B) join Romeo and the Mutant Resistance, or C) join Alex and Westlyn in the MTD...after that, i have no idea, but i hope he gets to post soon and adds his ideas to all this

Cole: the same goes for him as with Dustin. at this point several things could happen, one actually being death if Jenesis decides not to carry on to the next rp. if he does however, i can see him either helping to train Alex and Westlyn, going with the special MTD team to track down Hunter, or possibly leaving the MTD all together and not getting involved with anyone if he can help it until the war gets closer

like i said, this is just my idea on the subject, based on some of the input from you guys. and, as i also mentioned, Dustin and Cole's rp'ers have yet to give input. now, i know this is going out on a limb, but for the last half of X-Gene 2, and for the basis of X-Gene 3, i have an idea that the remaning group mebers from the 2nd rp get taken to Draco's world, and must survive there while trying to return home
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] X-Gene 2

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantaBadger on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:12 am

X-Gene 2? I'm so there... I was thinking maybe Natasha could finally completely snap after the battle at the mall and begin hunting down as many of the MTD as she can, obviously pissed that so many of her former friends have joined it and what they are doing.
Sanity, schamity! I've got style...

If you're looking for a brutal legend roleplay or a fantasy one revolving around Heavy Metal and, let's be frank, gratuitous violence check out 'The Second Age of Metal'. Characters are always welcome and I'm happy to give you the story so far, here's a link: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-second-age-of-metal/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FantaBadger
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaoicangel on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:38 am

I love the idea with Alex, absolutely love it. I was thinking of Alex changing a little, becoming colder too. I mean, she'll have gone trough a lot, and we're not going to even pretend that the being in the MTD wouldn't change her a little too. Which leads me to a question, since Romeo is going to be leader of the resistance, it'll get more face time in X-Gene 2 right? How would you feel about me making a new character for it? I have an interesting concept for one floating around in my head, and nothing to do with him right now, poor little guy. Anyways, those where my thoughts.
With love,
Chaoicangel

Chaoicangel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:07 pm

How dare you claim my idea for Psycho as your own...kidding :P Well, I look forward to the big finale and then the start of X-Gene 2, when and if it happens...

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:17 pm

sorry Rei, i actually meant to say that we brainstormed this stuff, but apparenlly at the time i wrote this, and even now, i am under the influence of a poisonous spider bite x_x'

and Chaotic, sure, that'd be great. i figured Alex would change somehow but i wasn't sure how much or in what direction you'd wanna go, and yeah, you can have as many characters as you want. i'll have a bunch of minor mutanta in the resistance i'll rp around Romeo

and Fanta, yeah, that'll work out i think. and sorry i didn't add Natasha to the list above ^ but, like i said, poison, plus it was like 5 or 6 in the morning and i'd been up all night >.<' i'm suprised i can even read that...

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Nah, it wasn't supposed to be a complaint at all XD Also, I'm sure I will have fun with this...Psycho and the girl, not so much...

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:42 pm

oh, the fun hours of family counciling to come...wait, family? that doesn't sound right...host and ghost?

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantaBadger on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:04 am

That's ok Soul, it sucks to hear about the spider bite and I hope you'll be alright. What kind of spider was it? Anyway, I was thinking that Natasha can go crazy because she absorbs some electricity during this fight to combat Psycho as it makes her a hell of a lot more powerful. Is that alright?

FantaBadger
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KidFurturistic on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:09 pm

Hey sorry I just checked the OOC boards this morning.... I think that Dustin would join the Mutant Resistance seeing as he bumped heads with all the MTD when he was captured. Plus it seems like that would be something he would naturally do because of his personality. I think the rest of this Rp could change him into thinking that the humans are the bad ones not the mutants.....Maybe when he sees whatever the MTD does when they come to the scene.... I am excited for 2 and a possible 3 of this Rp. I also think that along with the increase in power his anger should get a little worse to control.

KidFurturistic
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:05 pm

thanks Fanta, i'm already feeling better, and unfortunately, i have no idea what kind of spider, i live in the woods, like, literally in the woods so there is a large variety...and as for Natasha, that sounds good. and if she still has the metal that Romeo gave her in her system that might help, since no one knows what it is exactly, so that, combined with the shock, could kick start it all

and Kid, that sounds good. and don't worry, i just kinda randomly started this after a PM'd conversation with Rei, but that sounds like a good idea as well, it'll also kinda even us out. and i'm looking forward to the 2nd and possible 3rd very much as well ^_^

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantaBadger on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Well, I'm glad you feel better in any case... I live in Australia and you don't need to live in the bush to get bitten by a deadly spider, lol. It teaches you how to recognise the poisonous from the not-so-poisonous pretty quickly. :P

FantaBadger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:23 pm

lol, nice...i was wondering if Austrailia even existed anymore...no offence, but you just never hear anything about it anymore...

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantaBadger on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Lol! You have just made my day... My friends are pissing themselves laughing. Yeah, Australia rarely gets talked about outside of it. It's funny when you watch some diaster movies though and they run through all the 'major' countries under attack and miss us. At that point we assume Australia would just be watching and laughing going: "WTF mate?" It's even funnier considering that there is a movie that makes Frankston (It's in Melbourne, Australia and where I live) the last place to survive on Earth.

FantaBadger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:10 pm

I suppose it's because Australia doesn't really involve itself in the politics of other nations, perhaps. Kind of like Mongolia...some people think Mongolia is part of China. Random fact that I just remembered, Marshall Georgi Zhukov is buried in Mongolia, for some reason >_>

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:21 pm

um, Rei...i've never heard that name before in my life, but thank you, and i am sure i will actully need that information sometimes. you have no idea how much random information has saved my butt over the years ^_^

and Fanta, you're welcome :D and i will have to find that movie. also, that reminds me of something i saw on youtube once...i think it was called 'End of Ze World' or something

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:27 pm

:o Marshall Georgi Zhukov was probably one of the most important figures in the defeat of Germany in World War II. But yeah, it seems Australian politics don't get much attention in the US...neither does Mongolia...

>_>

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:30 pm

sorry...i actually almost failed History...a few times XD and i don't watch the news much either...

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantaBadger on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:40 am

Soviet Rei wrote:I suppose it's because Australia doesn't really involve itself in the politics of other nations, perhaps. Kind of like Mongolia...some people think Mongolia is part of China. Random fact that I just remembered, Marshall Georgi Zhukov is buried in Mongolia, for some reason >_>

Actually we do, we just try not piss the other countries off all the time...

'End of Ze World' is where I got the 'WTF Mate?" reference from, heh. I love that animation, it's so true... Well, sort of.

FantaBadger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:59 am

lol, yeah, pissing other countries off is never as fun as it sounds

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Hmm, when should we wrap up this conflict? As in, when should Romeo remove Psycho's gas mask? I'm thinking maybe next post, but it's up to you...

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!