Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Epic Quest

Epic Quest (Archive Posts)

a part of “Epic Quest”, a fictional universe by Astro_B0Y.

“8-Bit City, it’s a town full of dreamers, gamers, musicians, crooks, dream stealers, bastards, and maybe even a few heroes. I just want to know if you’ve got what it takes to fight for it. Don’t dissapoint.”

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Epic Quest”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Epic Quest (Archive Posts)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:56 pm

As to Neko's suggestion, and I'm sure a lot of others, I'll keep an archive of posts in here.

August 23rd

Astro Boy:

Jayx watched as Joel scurried down the halls and towards the first floor, apparently he wasn’t as depressed as he looked. She shrugged, assuming that her attempts in making a new friend had failed—she wasn’t all that focused on the mission anyway.

What’s for lunch Jayx?Kid asked, cheerily.
Bologna and ketchup of course! Jayx thought back, a grin appearing on her face as she strolled through the students and marble halls to the first floor cafeteria. It would only take her a few minutes to grab some grub, she was sure the meeting wouldn’t even start by then.

“Courtyard’s empty as always
” Xavier said as the two of them entered, it truly was a serene place, the sunlight from above always seemed to hit the cobblestone and surrounding flowers just right, complimenting the student’s meals as they munched away on whatever they may have at the six large white picnic tables.

“Couple familiar faces though.” He laughed, watching two students from his class conversing after one of them ran into the other; he noticed them as Naydelle and Joel. Mostly, he knew them by name only, though Xavier had a few conversations with Joel here and there, as well as with Naydelle, they were at least on good terms he thought.

“If they heard what we were all chatting about
it might not hold too good of consequences
” He mumbled to Charlotte, leaning a bit her way, “Let’s head to the one furthest from the entrance. The seat was right by a memorial tucked away in a particularly healthy patch of white flowers. It was for a student that had passed away his freshman year—she was a senior, her name was Cheryl Vans. Xavier didn’t know her personally, but she was said to have been very bright; one of the brightest to ever have graced the school.

Xavier leapt on the top of the bench, letting his feet rest on the actual place where you were ‘supposed’ to sit, he found this almost ten times more comfortable.

“Phew
looks like we’re the first one’s here. Aemyle, Jayx, Young Preston, Jack, Dan, that chick with the beret, blondie
” The giant of a student frowned, trying hard to think of anyone else that may have been present that night. “I think that about covers it.” He looked Charlotte’s way, grinning goofily. “Pop a squat miss. If I know Jack and Dan
they’re definitely gonna be late, Jayx is kind of spacey
so she might even get lost,” He shrugged and laughed hard to himself,

“We made good time, might as well relax
” Xavier scratched behind his ear, a lazy glint in his eye. “Jayx said dreads’ name was Demetri
his power
it was out of this world.” He held his left hand high into the sky, just in front of the sun. The young man left it there for a long while, a quick flash of cool blue light appeared and disappeared from it.

“Anything’s possible eh
”

((As I spy through my word document I see someone calling my name! I kind of switched it around just a bit, to have Aemyle show up near the courtyard))

Through the glass doors ahead of him, he laid eyes on a familiar face—Aemyle. The lunchtime rush was tearing the poor thing apart.

“Xavier!”

He heard her holler from outside, and he leapt up with all the grace of a ballerina.

“Aemyle!” He let out, jog-walking towards the doorway, passing up the two students from earlier, who, Xavier spied with some kind of joy, appeared to be caking as he nicknamed the act of flirting.

“Sheesh
they almost got ya
” The fellow in glasses laughed. “But it looks like ya found the place alright.” He grinned the Wallace grin.

Demetri was somewhere in the back of his Dimensional Shop, his arm held it’s total length in front of him, his palm was placed firmly against the brick wall in front of him. The dread locked man let out a steady breath.

“Alright—“ His eyes immediately began to glow vigorously bathing the space in front of him with a soft golden light, around his palm a wispy black aura appeared, it spread across the entire wall forming a tall rectangular shape. “Dimensional Gate
open.” He commanded in a firm voice, and with a dull flash, a white door appeared.

“Very nice. This should definitely be the brat’s speed. Heh! Nice job Demi
”

- - -

N!ghtmare Tra!n

Charlotte sat, next to Xavier, but actually on the bench, not the table. She watched him curously as he put his hand in in front of his face and a little higher. With the sun in her eyes, Charlotte couldn't see much, but...were those blue flames dancing around his fingers?

“Anything’s possible eh
”

Charlotte silently nodded, and turned her head as she heard a sing-songy voice ring out, calling for Xavier. The playful senior answered by calling back for her. "Aemyle!" It was almost funny, but she kept her mouth shut, waiting and nonchalauntly (<- sp.?) looking around, noticing two students sitting with eachother, talking against the fountain. The boy was bleeding. She wondered what the story on that was.

On the other hand, there was a kind of homey feel right now. Charlotte never really found the place she shared with her mother was actually 'home." It never felt right. Music didn't feel like home, either. It was her pass-time, she loved it, and was good at it, but it wasn't her home. Now this, this peaceful clearing with the sun on her skin, and the blue sky, felt like home. The bricks of the school ruined it though, reminding her where she was, and that there was no escaping.

- - -

Buddywazzizname

The courtyard was near empty as ever, Jack noted, though he did recognise the three from the night before; Xavier, that girl who turned into a tiger and the green-haired popstar.

"...And her nice butt." Navi felt the need to add.

The boy made no comment as he entered, subtly walking around Xavier and afore-mentioned popstar so as not to interfere with the former's (blatant) flirtration. Instead he opted to take a seat beside the brunette on the bench. Craning back in a relaxed position, Jack took the time to slightly disengage from the world and stare into the clouds.

His thoughts went back to last night.

He remembered that he saw things he knew were impossible. He saw his friend shoot fireballs, girls with laser guns, a giant firebreathing monster...

He paled slightly as he recalled looking down at his arm; the flesh and muscle melted away revealing the cybernetic horror beneath. It was dark out, and if anyone else saw it, they didn't mention it, but that still didn't help the unaddressed terror that had lurked in the back of his mind since...

...That he was losing his humanity.

Visibly shivering at the memory, Jack chose to push the thought as far into the back of his head as he possibly could, after all, there was stuff in the now to worry about, and he'd yet to introduce himself to the young lady beside him.

"Hi, I'm Jack..." The lad introduced himself, offering a hand to shake. "I was the guy who kept punching the thing in the face last night."

Formality was never young Mister Kernow's strong suit.

Why not Enter Galactic?

"Yes Master" Don says as he bows before Astro.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Epic Quest (Archive Posts)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:39 am

August 23rd

# 8-Bit City, about 11 hours ago, as written by N!ghtmare Tra!n
"Hi, I'm Jack...I was the guy who kept punching the thing in the face last night."

Charlotte was jerked back to an unwelcome reality, but recognized that the boy next to her was welcome. She shook his hand and smiled shyly. "Hi, I'm Charlotte; I was the girl who turned into a tiger last night."

Jack seemed normal enough, but doesn't everyone that's part of this? First you're just a highschool student trying to get by- then there's a fire-breathing monster and someow you're a tiger, he's throwing punches with impossible strength, oh look- she's got a laser gun, another guy's turning this beast into an adorable thing...

The excitement doesn't end, does it?

- - -

# Atari High, 29 minutes ago, as written by Astro_B0Y
As Jack walked by, with a certain face on, Xavier stared him down with a sour expression—laughing as he did so. Somehow, he felt like he was thinking something smart.

“Might as well follow him though.” Xavier shrugged before motioning for Aemyle to follow him to their table. That made four of the nine present in last nights affairs, things were coming together nicely. “I just hope everyone got the memo
” The young man grimaced before plopping himself back on the top of the table with a sleepy glint in his brown eyes.

“I heard from one of the kids in class that we’ve got some cougar for third period. Sounds
interesting enough, eh?” He looked at Jack with a goofy smile, “Hrm?” Aemyle had a blank look on her face as she took a seat on the bench, right beside Charlotte. She turned to the boys with her head tilted sideways, apparently confused by Xavier’s terminology.

“Cougar?” The alien asked him, she had studied the vocabulary of the world, but she had never ran into cougar, unless their teacher was a wild animal, which she highly doubted.

“An older woman that preys on young, attractive men like me and Jack here
well. Mostly me.” Xavier replied with a joking tone. “Man
home school must’ve been rough.” He remarked, for once, he realized how unappealing that lifestyle would be.

Jayx finally emerged from the cafeteria, munching happily on her bologna and ketchup sandwich. Some of the kids in the hallway cringed at her meal choice; she just thought they didn’t know good dining.

“Courtyard
courtyard
” She said in a sing-song manner, passing by the glass windows of the flowery area, and stepping through the door. “Oh.” With a smile she spotted four of the faces from last night and casually began a stroll over to them, wondering if the ‘meeting’ had started. There were two other people, separated from Xavier and the others, she noticed the boy from earlier that she tried to converse with, and another girl from her class—she didn’t know either one of their names though, so she kept on walking.

- - -

# 8-Bit City, about 7 hours ago, as written by Valor
On the sound of the bell, everyone was rushing out except Nym. She didn't really like getting caught in the crowd of people as they left the room. She took her time putting her things back into her bag, before slinging it over her shoulder. So she had to find the courtyard to meet with the people from last night. She swallowed hard at the thought of meeting all of the people that fought that... whatever it was, when she had done nothing at all to help. Hopefully they wouldn't hold that against her. She was going to help now, well, that was the plan anyway. It wouldn't be surprising if she just completely froze up again in the face of something dangerous.

She shuffled out of the room, sapphire blue eyes scanning the around the place. Apparently the courtyard wasn't too far away, and so she made her way there. When she did eventually find the courtyard, she couldn't help but stop as she saw the others from the night before. Her thoughts wandered to the night before, and her arms gingerly wrapped around herself. She suddenly became nervous about what the few that were already there might say when she got there. Probably call her a scaredy cat or something.

I said I would help.

She had to remind herself of that. It was what made her take the first few steps forward to the group. Slowly but surely, she would make her way over to them. She reached the table, awkwardly standing at the end, unable to find her voice to even say hello to the group. How was she going to fight if she couldn't even say hello to people? She cursed her lack of social skills again, forcing herself to give the group a small wave, a slight red tinge hinting her cheeks once again.

---

# 8-Bit City, about 2 hours ago, as written by donanater
Don arrived at school late agian since he slept in,Fuck thats the third time I slept in and missed the first part of school. He shrug, " oh well, might as well enjoy lunch, and find a classmate to let me in on what I missed," with that he headed towards the courtyard. Looking around, it was rather empty except for a few groups, one of the groups where two poeple from his homeroom, Great i can get what happened from them, he thought as he headed over to join them.

"Hi," he said with a smile as he appoached them, noticing to late they had sumthing going together. Since he had already intureppted them, he continued,"so ummm, sorry to inturrept, but I kinda slept in and missed homeroom, was there anything important that went on while I was sleeping?" Don asked questionly. Not sure if to sit, he stood there kinda looking liek a idoit.

- - -

# 8-Bit City, about 2 hours ago, as written by EikouNekoChan
Finally, Xavier noticed and, oddly heroically, leapt from the table he was sitting on and ran to let her into the courtyard. The young man spoke while Aemyle recomposed herself. Why were the halls so crowded? The forum of the capital city, Aedon, never got that crowded, even on the best of fair days.

“Sheesh
they almost got ya
” He commented. “But it looks like ya found the place alright.” He finished off with that nice smile from before. After a moment, though, they were passed by the young man from last night whose strength seemed to have been increased from the normal human standard. From what she saw, she guessed that it was even above the normal Peregrinan standard.

“Might as well follow him, though. I just hope everyone got the memo
” He followed the young man to the table, where the shape-shifting girl from before was waiting. She took a seat on the bench, while Xavier abandoned what she had believed to be proper decorum to sit on top of the table.

“I heard from one of the kids in class that we’ve got some cougar for third period. Sounds
interesting enough, eh?”

“Hrm?” Did he just say cougar? “Cougar?” The alien asked him, she had studied the vocabulary of the world, but she had never run into cougar, unless their teacher was a wild animal, which she highly doubted.

“An older woman that preys on young, attractive men like me and Jack here
well. Mostly me.” Xavier replied, poking fun at the other young man in the current group. She made a mental note remember that his name was Jack. “Man
home school must’ve been rough.” He added, with a hint of pity in his tone. If only he knew what she meant when she referred to homeschool.

“I was taught well enough,” Aemyle replied, obviously feigning offense, “I am doing well now, am I not?”

A shift in Xavier’s eye line told Aemyle that something was going on behind her. Following his gaze, she found that another student was attempting joined them. The shy, blonde student struck her as familiar, but when she recalled everyone who fought the chimera, this girl was not one of them. So where did she recall that face from? Then it occurred to her. That girl was the one she saved from the chimera right before the time stop. It was then that she also remembered that the girl had been moving as the stop began. Why had she not joined the group?

“I remember your face,” She spoke with certainty. Though she knew it to be true, she wished for the blonde to voice her confirmation for the sake of those who might not have seen her, “You were there last night, were you not?”

- - -
Nemeth 09

Joel enjoyed sitting next to Naydelle, but something inside him finally bolted out. "Uhm....I have to go" he said, getting up and running away to the graveyard down the road. Once there, he collapsed in front of the only grave that held familiar memories in Joel's mind: the grave of his parents. He never did mention it to anyone, but his parents died while they were gone. He heard about it 2 months after their death, a horrible length of time for such tragic news. As he lay there on his knees, he let the tears flow onto the earth before him.

(I was thinking here would be a good idea for maybe one of the students to sneak and check up on Joel and see him using his necromancy powers or something like that)

- - -

# 8-Bit City, about an hour ago, as written by CelticCat1293
Naydelle smiled widely at the other classmate who approached her and gave a small wave. "Nah, it's fine. Um...I don't think so...I wasn't actually paying attention!" she confessed with a small laugh. "I'm sure it was nothing big, if you did. I was late, too." She was about to ask the person to sit...she was almost certain his name was Don or Dan, but wasn't sure. Then Joel ran off, looking none too happy...

"Joel?" she called after him, standing quickly. She bit her lip and fought a small inner battle. She had just met someone new and they had run off unhappily, but she had met another person and couldn't just leave him...

"Oh, dear..." She looked around and reached out to grab Don's wrist and drag him with her. "Mind checking on Joel with me? I'm Naydelle, by the way!" she greeted cheerfully, heading after Joel, leaving her lunch box and binder by the fountain.

- - -

Naydelle smiled widely at the other classmate who approached her and gave a small wave. "Nah, it's fine. Um...I don't think so...I wasn't actually paying attention!" she confessed with a small laugh. "I'm sure it was nothing big, if you did. I was late, too." She was about to ask the person to sit...she was almost certain his name was Don or Dan, but wasn't sure. Then Joel ran off, looking none too happy...

"Joel?" she called after him, standing quickly. She bit her lip and fought a small inner battle. She had just met someone new and they had run off unhappily, but she had met another person and couldn't just leave him...

"Oh, dear..." She looked around and reached out to grab Don's wrist and drag him with her. "Mind checking on Joel with me? I'm Naydelle, by the way!" she greeted cheerfully, heading after Joel, leaving her lunch box and binder by the fountain.

- - -

# 8-Bit City, about an hour ago, as written by Nemeth09
The tears kept flowing as his inner rage began flowing as well. Almost instantly, he began bashing his forehead against his parent's hollowed grave and starting murmering some accursed words and skeletons started rising from their graves and stood among Joel. As the skeletons turned away, they let out a harmonious shriek and dispersed into ash and dust. At this moment, Joel turned away to see a familiar face.

- - -

# 8-Bit City, about an hour ago, as written by donanater
"Names Don, nice to met you," he said as they hurried toward the graveyard. Don was a bit shocked at what he witnessed when they arrived. Skeletons coming up, words being flung, and finally this joel turned around to met their eyes as the skeletons disappeared. "Ummmm hi, I'm Don. Nice weather were having huh," Don said trying to keep his cool.

- - -

"Yeah, I guess......" he spoke softly as his gaze remained focus on the grave, tears still damping his cheeks. "I'm Joel...." he whispered as he hung his head in despair. He couldn't get over the fact that Naydelle would even murmer a word to him, let alone be happy to spend time with him. And now Don, acknowledging his presence. How many more will I be forced to acquaint myself with today? was what went through Joel's mind as the thoughts of Naydelle and now Don shot through his mind like a personal movie showing.

- - -

Naydelle let Don's wrist slip from her grip, eyes wide. Okay. Skeletons walking around wasn't exactly something she saw everyday, she had a small right to be internally freaking out. She bit her lip and walked a bit closer to Joel, looking at Don helplessly. No, she wasn't the best at handling this sort of thing.

"Joel? You okay?" she questioned quietly, reaching out a hand to rest on his shoulder, her head tilting to see his face. She bit her lip again and used her free hand to wipe away the wetness on his cheeks. "Hey. It's okay..."

- - -

For some reason, his whole being filled with hatred. He always wanted someone to care for him, but for some reason, the whole thing has brought anger to him. "It's nothing!" he pushed her arm away and walked off as a skeleton arose....however, not just any skeleton. That very skeleton was in fact the bones of Joel's father. With a wicked, yet dreary voice, it spoke his name and Joel stopped, frozen still. "Father?" he whispered and slowly turned around at Naydelle, Don, and behind him, his father in skeletal form.

- - -

# 8-Bit City, 35 minutes ago, as written by donanater
"Dam it, I didn't want to show this power," With that Don hit a button on his wrist computer and yelled, "Power one, and two activate." With that the computer responded,"Begining activation." Blinding light flashed around Don, when he could be seen again, his hands had turned into cat paws and his legs and arms looked alot bigger then before. He had aquired the cats weapons, their paws, and a dog's strength, from his own pets, which had died a few weeks earlier due to a neighbor posioning them. Don jumped in front of Naydelle and Joel ready for an attack from the skeleton. "Joel tell me now is he a enemy?"

- - -

# 8-Bit City, 35 minutes ago, as written by CelticCat1293
Seraphim sighed as her arm was pushed away and took a few regretful step back. "Sorry..." she mumbled quietly, biting her lip and looking over at Don. Her expression clearly was asking for help or an idea, but she was interrupted when Joel turned back around. She froze and her eyes widened as she slowly turned to see a skeleton who Joel referred to as 'Father'. She stepped back a bit and looked between the three.

Don jumped in front of her and she gladly accepted the cover, though it was fairly strange cover, as Don now had cat appendages...She shook her head to rid her of this thought and pulled her hands up in front of her protectively. "This can't be happening..."

- - -

# 8-Bit City, 29 minutes ago, as written by Nemeth09
Joel quickly ran in front of Don. "No, that's my father!!" he screamed out, trying to get Don to keep from attacking. He then turned to his father. "Father.....why'd you return to this world?" he asked the skeleton. The skeletal father just sighed and moaned these soft words: "My son, you have been far too absent from the world around you. Its time you took your first step into the world. I led you to this school for a reason, so that you can move on, make friends, use your powers for good reason. No matter what, your mother and I will always be proud of you and we're deeply sorry for all the years we left you alone. Oh, how we'd give anything to take those years back. Naydelle, correct? I wish for you to watch over my son and help keep him safe." his father noted to the girl behind Joel. Joel gasped at this sudden request, not sure why he chose her to watch him. As Joel opened his mouth to speak, the skeleton sank back into the earth, leaving behind a small paper with a heart drawn on it and the words "Mom + Dad".

- - -

# 8-Bit City, 23 minutes ago, as written by donanater
"Ok then Joel," with that Don looked at his computer as it counted down 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and 0. With that Don transforms back to normal. "Well then," He held out his hand to Naydelle and Joel," I'm Don nice to met you two. Since we haven't had a proper introduction with all this craziness going on." Don thought this was a sign that life just got a whole lot more complicated and fun.

- - -

# 8-Bit City, 17 minutes ago, as written by CelticCat1293
Naydelle had been taking small steps back this whole time. She was scared and unsure of what to do, this was definitely not in her daily routine! She almost jumped when she was addressed by Joel's dead-yet-talking father. "Y-yessir," she replied, giving a slight curtsy, despite wearing jeans. She watched him disappear and gulped down the fear, stepping back towards Joel and Don. "Um...Is everyone okay?" she questioned worriedly, biting her lip for what seemed to be the fiftieth time this morning.

She smiled half-heartedly at Don and shook his hand tentatively. "Nice to meet you Don. I'm Naydelle. Call me Nay-Nay, though, if you want," she greeted, her smile reaching full strength through the words. She beamed it at both of them and shook her head slightly. "Well, that wasn't exactly what I was planning for lunch break," she stated, laughing a bit.

- - -

# 8-Bit City, 16 minutes ago, as written by Nemeth09
Joel stood there and watched Naydelle and Don be introduced. He had a slight feeling something was going on. "Well, I'll leave you two be....." he whispered as he slowly began to walk off, leaving the 2 of them at his parent's grave, tears starting to roll down his face again.

- - -

# 8-Bit City, 7 minutes ago, as written by CelticCat1293
Naydelle blinked helplessly at Joel's back. "Joel? What..." called after him worriedly. She bit her lip and got a determined glint in her eyes.

She watched Don move Joel back towards her and gave a small smile and wave, not sure what he had said. "Joel...Don't leave, okay?" she pleaded quietly, trying to catch his gaze with her eyes. Her hand moved to wipe the tears from his face again as she walked up to them, but stopped halfway, afraid of being pushed away again, making things worse. "I'm supposed to take care of you now, right? So, you're staying with me," she stated, crossing her arms, more in a protective way than a show of anger.

- - -
# 8-Bit City, 5 minutes ago, as written by Nemeth09
"I'm sorry....." Joel said, looking away at the floor. "I just got the wrong idea...." he murmered, trying to keep the tears from falling and gave Naydelle a small nod in an attempt to let her know that its ok for her to lay a hand on him.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:17 pm

August 24th

# Atari High, about 3 hours ago, as written by Astro_B0Y
”I was taught well enough” The singer told him, she had a tone in her voice that made him smile. ”I’m doing well now am I not?” Xavier nodded; he’d give her that one.

At that moment, Jayx came to join the group, the remains of a sandwich being stuffed in her mouth. He gave her a nod, and waved for the freckled girl to pop a squat on the bench.

“That just leaves the freshies right?” Xavier looked around, and as he spoke a meek looking student was walking towards them, he cheeks grew red and she couldn’t bring herself to speak to the table of upperclassmen, instead, giving them a polite, silent wave.

Aemyle seemed to know her from somewhere, but for him, it was taking a bit longer to process the small girl’s identity.

“I remember your face,” She spoke with certainty. Though she knew it to be true, she wished for the blonde to voice her confirmation for the sake of those who might not have seen her, “You were there last night, were you not?” She asked the newcomer, and at that, he looked back at her again with a harder stare.

Xavier looked at the blonde haired girl with an assessing glance; she did look familiar. Was she there last night, one thing was certain, she wasn’t fighting with them. He was sure of that.

“Yeah, she’s right
if you were there then you must have been a part of all the chaos hm?” The senior couldn’t blame her for not fighting last night—any normal person would have done the exact same as her and stayed behind. Maybe him and the others who fought were just crazy
it was hard to tell.

“We’ll wait a little longer for the others. I don’t want to start this without them.” Xavier glanced at his watch, wondering where Preston and the girl in the beret could be.

“What’s you’re name hm? I’m Xavier.” He asked the blonde girl, wanting her to feel welcome. They were all in the same boat after all.

- - -

# 8-Bit City, about 3 hours ago, as written by N!ghtmare Tra!n
“That just leaves the freshies right?” It was Xavier this time that spoke, and Charlotte turned to see another girl approaching. She seemed shy, like herself, but this girl didn't even take the pleasure of sitting down. She must've been pushing her way through the crowded hallway of students, doesn't she want to sit and eat and relax? Charlotte didn't listen to the rest of them talk and introduce themselves, as she didn't recognize this girl that stood infront of them with red cheeks.

Instead Charlote had watched three others that she didn't recognize either run off in a different direction. Her mind absent-mindedly flipped through possiblities. One idea made her wonder...what if they where there last night too, and no one saw them? What if they were part of their elite group of superhuman highschoolers? Did it even matter?

Lately Charlotte's thoughts had been restless and frankly quite annoying that she didn't get much sleep after the battle, which she needed badly. Whatever had made her sick and want to rid her stomache of its contents was long gone, and she found herself feeling like a tiger locked in the small cage called 8-Bit City.

Her face burning, she realized she'd been staring into space for a while. Charlotte blinked a few times & snapped back together. She looked down at her hands- human fingers. Luckily Charlotte wasn't a tiger.

- - -

# 8-Bit City, about 2 hours ago, as written by CelticCat1293
Naydelle smiled encouragingly at Joel and gently wiped away the moisture on his face again, her hands were soft, as usual, but she took extra care not to scare him off again. "It's okay, nothing to apologize for. Let's go back to lunch, okay?" she offered, softly slipping her hand around Joel's and giving it a slight squeeze. The air here was fowl, and she didn't like the feel of cemeteries. She hadn't been to one since the tenth anniversary of her father's death. They were dark and terrifying to her, she avoided them as best she could, but...she couldn't just ignore Joel, could she now?

She looked at Don and smiled, mouthing a 'thanks' for whatever he had said, glad that it seemed to have made Joel even a mite happier. Turning them all around, she began to walk again, back towards the school courtyard and her abandoned lunch and unfinished homework...And maybe a few other things, as well...

- - -

As he looked down, a spark of happiness made his whole body ignite with a feeling far greater than anything he ever felt. Her hand was warm and his cheeks turned a bright red as they walked back to the school, hand-in-hand. As much as all this pleased him, millions of questions still rotted his mind. Why did his father choose Naydelle to watch him? How did his parents die? What else did his parents hide from him?

He looked over to Naydelle, completely aware of her fear of graveyards, but possessing no idea as to why she doesnt. "I should probably tell you I have the power of necromancy......I never exactly told anyone this, but my parents once taught me while I was young. Necromancy, if you don't know, is the ability to raise the bodies of the deceased and control them, much like puppets" Joel explained to Naydelle about his gifted powers.

- - -

8-Bit City, about an hour ago, as written by donanater
Well at least no one asked about my little show I put onDon thought to himself looking around at where the skeletons had turn to dust. He joined up with Naydelle and Joel shortly after. As he appoached them he saw they had a tender moment, so he slowed his pace as much as he could without being noticed.

As Don appoached them, Joel was explaining about his power of necromancy. It sounds just like sumthing out of a D&D game I use to play Don thought, but then agian it wasnt much different to his own power he had displayed. As they started their walk back to school Don turned around as he heard a person say sumthing and thought Oh my god what's next.

- - -

8-Bit City, about an hour ago, as written by Astro_B0Y
((Pow, solution to the different groups issue.))

"Wait just a minute." A voice called out to the trio. From behind one of the many trees in the cemetery area, he appeared, a serious tone written across his face as he walked closer to them. Work kept on piling up, the sudden emergence of more humans with Gatekeeper's abilities only served to cause him more grief-- still though, he couldn't allow them to get away from him, not now.

"That was a fancy trick you three pulled off, mind telling me how you all did it?" Demetri crossed his arms and let out a deep sigh, "Is what I'd like to say, but right now, this isn't the place to converse." His golden gaze shifted from face to face-- they weren't from the night before, but the definitely had abilities akin to the group from last night; but they were at lot less taken-aback by their skill. Perhaps they were awakened in a completely different way than those from before.

"I want you three to come with me, I can't let three anomalies go unchecked." He spoke very calculating and disconnected, true, they were only students, they gave him no reason to be cautious. But unlike the group from last night, these three were already awakened, they could be connected to the red eyed man who stopped time. School wasn't even over yet; but duty called. And duty said to take these three with him now.

"My name is Demetri Maverick. I've been watching this town for sometime- not to mention, I've been watching people like you all."

Taking a better notice of each of their faces, Demetri noticed that they all looked emotionally drained.

"Was there a story behind this battle?"

- - -

8-Bit City, about an hour ago, as written by LaularuKyrumo
What Demetri didn't know, however, was that there were more than just three who had been awakened. Well, sort of. True, there were these kinds of people all around, but Valor was unique among them. His oddity came not directly from his ability, but from the strange box he was often found with. Although it looked like a complete piece of junk, something that a fit, 17 year old boy with the body of an athlete shouldn't be toying around with, and not something anyone should have unless they enjoy tetanus shots, it seemed to hold some sort of mystery about it--the kind of mystery that Valor was intent on uncovering.

He brushed aside a few strands of his thick black hair as he stood outside, having wandered away from the rest of his P.E. class. It was a nice summer day and they were outside playing sports, but Valor was more interested in his box. It had been vibrating like crazy these past few hours, and it had lead him here, to the group of three. And now four. And now five, if you count Valor, way off to the side, not sure what to make of this. He'd never gotten such a violent response from the contraption before...

- - -
8-Bit City, 45 minutes ago, as written by Nemeth09
Joel stared blank at this newcomer. What's hard to note is how Joel had no idea of his presence. "There was no battle to begin with.....sort of a little show, with a side of events. I'm Joel by the way" he spoke in a stern voice, lending his open hand out to Demetri, keeping his other hand firmly entwined with Naydelle's. "If your curious, then yeah, I do have special powers. What you saw was my necromancy ability. It gives me the power to raise the bones and flesh of the dead and reanimate them to do my bidding" Joel explained, clearly noting how he was curious of their powers.

- - -

8-Bit City, 24 minutes ago, as written by donanater
Don turned around to notice a man there. Just a man not a monster or another sekeleton just a man who simple asked, "what was this battle for?" He turned to Joel and heard him tell him all about his power and how it wasn't a fight.

Don thought Blah I guess I'll talk to with a sigh. "Well I'm Don and my power is that of copy. It allows me to take a certain aspect of a dead creature or person and store it here," that prompted Don to raise his right arm and point at his computer,"that being said I can only hold it for a minute. As my friend Joel said that wasn't a fight jsut a simple misunderstanding and probally some kind of fate crap." Don was a bit shocked how this man seemed to understand all he was saying, almost as if he had seen such strange powers before. "So Demetri you haven't said what you want or where you want to drag us," Don said defensively looking this man from head to toe.

- - -

8-Bit City, 10 minutes ago, as written by Astro_B0Y
"There was no battle to begin with.....sort of a little show, with a side of events. I'm Joel by the way” One of them, who hung steadily onto the sole girl answered.

The dread-locked man frowned as the one whom identified his self as Joel held his hand out to him. Demetri shook it, but only out of cordialness, his mother always taught him to be polite after all. The boy began to divulge the complete nature of his abilities; a feat which the man was greatly put off by.

"If your curious, then yeah, I do have special powers. What you saw was my necromancy ability. It gives me the power to raise the bones and flesh of the dead and reanimate them to do my bidding"

The sharing time didn’t end there, the second male in the group stepped forward next, also chatting about his technique.

"Well I'm Don and my power is that of copy. It allows me to take a certain aspect of a dead creature or person and store it here," The spiky haired student rose his arm and pointed to the computer mounted on his wrist. He went on to even explain the ability’s limits, a truly foolish move.

“You really shouldn’t be so open about those skills of yours. What if I was you’re enemy? I know the full extent of your skills, and your limits. Not wise.” The Gatekeeper caught himself scolding the students.

"That being said I can only hold it for a minute. As my friend Joel said that wasn't a fight just a simple misunderstanding and probably some kind of fate crap."

Demetri grimaced at ‘Don’s next set of words. “Whatever it was, it was reckless. Keep that up and the entire Dimension will be thrown out of wack; which means waaaaay more paperwork for me.” He nodded. “We really need to do something about how ignorant this dimension is to the Equilibrium
” Dreads mumbled under his breath. It was astonishing to him how much things were unraveling in this Dimension.

“Eh?” A little ways down the dirt path of the cemetery, spied a new silhouette approaching them. “Another one hm?” The fellow pressed the middle button of his cell, bringing up his grid display. On it, were three orange blips—the students, one blue one, him, and a fourth orange one, which must have been the newcomer, this one had abilities similar to a Gatekeeper as well. With a frown he watched the figure draw in full sight of them.

“You kids really have no love for your studies do you?” Demetri sighed bring a hand up to stroke his chin stubble. His mind wandered back to the original students from before—them being out so late the night before the first day only added fuel to his assumption; kids these days weren’t remotely concerned about their studies.

Another sigh evacuated his person. The others didn’t notice his advance, and instead continued to speak to him.

“So Demetri you haven't said what you want or where you want to drag us,” Don looked at Demetri gingerly, evaluating him closely.

This caused him to grin, “At least there’s something there. Exactly. I haven’t told you, by all means, you shouldn’t come with me; but then again, this could be your chance to learn more about those strange little techniques you all have right? And
well, I won’t let you not follow me either, but I’d like to leave that out.” He laughed, “We’re going to my shop, like I said, we can’t chat here.” Demetri snapped his fingers, causing a bright flash of blue light to emerge from behind him

In the flash’s place stood his old blue door; this time though, there was a circular shaped window on top of it, which showed the mass of blue smoke that lied behind it.

“You too
” He called out to the boy approaching from behind the trio, “I can tell you’re like them. I want to wrap up all the loose ends now.” There was a hint of impatience behind his voice.

- - -

8-Bit City, 6 minutes ago, as written by CelticCat1293
Naydelle heard a voice and turned to it. She squeezed Joel's hand again and looked at the other two. She was fairly certain she wasn't part of this, she wasn't the one displaying powers of any type...She was worried about this necromancy business, and the deal with cat limbs. Her voice was caught in her throat and she couldn't breathe. This was too much!

She shrank back as far from the others as she could, head spinning. She couldn't think, not right now. She felt like booking it back to the school and hiding in the nurses' office, but that would do no good now...She tried to cling to the conversation, but had nothing to add. She looked between the others helpless, wishing she was somewhere else.

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:06 pm

August 25th

((Okay so I dropped the ball on the archive, there's a bit of a gap between posts, sorry -_-'))

# 8-Bit City, a day ago, as written by Valor
Well, at least a few of them did have an idea of who she was. She nodded feebly as she was questionned about whether she was in the chaos of last night, guilt pouring over her as she knew that all of these people had a part in fighting whatever that was. She'd just been a coward and ran. Typical Nym.
"I'm Nym..." She replied to Xavier's introduction, still standing at the end of the table. She didn't know who to sit next to, unable to stop herself from being a little intimidated by the older students. She felt much more comfortable standing where she was. It didn't take long for the others to arrive, recognising a couple from her class, which made her feel a little more at ease. At least she wasn't the only freshman here. It didn't make her feel like the baby of the group, even if she was the scaredy cat.

She silently listened to Xavier as he began to talk through all the strange things that had been happening in the last few months, able to remember them as well - seeing as she was rather freaked out by it all. With all this happening after just recently moving into 8-bit did scare her a little.
She couldn't help but be startled by the new voice that suddenly sounded, taking a little step back from the table as the blue haired monkey with a reptilian tail jumped out from one of the senior's bag. She looked at it with a risen brow, listening as it seemed to talk perfect english and was also reffering to last night.

"Uhm..." She couldn't stop herself from asking, "What is he...?" She asked, gathering it was a He by the voice and the name Moe - though apparently that wasn't his name, even if the little creature couldn't really remember. She was a little confused as they spoke of being shrunk down and re-writing code. Perhaps if she had stayed and helped last night, she'd have more of an idea what was going on here.

- - -

Atari High, a day ago, as written by Astro_B0Y
"Uhm..." She couldn't stop herself from asking, "What is he..?” A flustered Nym asked, which only served to fuel fire to Moe’s constantly angered flame.

“One ugly mother—“ Xavier was cut in mid sentence by the beast in question, who was now on top of the table, staring up at Nym with big, proud eyes.

“I am,” The chimera began with a tone of arrogance, “A noble creature of the finest blood, a chimera! My name is
” Moe frowned, “Morris Von Zan! Yes, but you may call me Moe, like these fools do
and you are
?” It seemed like the tiny thing took a liking to Nym, and perhaps her meek persona. The whole display by the creature made Xavier sick to his stomach.

“Tch, don’t let him bother you Nym. That’s the chimera from last night, or did you not see that part?” He wondered, seeing how she wasn’t exactly fighting along side them, “Anyways. Moe
what does it mean really, when you said Dreads ‘rewrote’ you? I have an idea but
” At Xavier’s question, the boisterous figure spun around on his
paw? So that he could face the ‘fool’.

“It means, that he changed my make-up! My power level, my memory all of it!” He looked at them all blankly, “What, you mean you don’t know about that stuff here?” Moe sounded astonished. “Sheesh, what kind of backwater Dimension did I end up in?” The chimera mumbled with a dull shrug, the statement only made Xavier more and more curious-- there was a lot he didn't know.

“Power level? Sounds like a video game,” Xavier laughed just a bit at the idea, “This would be a lot more easier if it was a game
so, you’re at level one now huh?” He asked the chimera, playing along.

“Yeah, yeah. Just like all of you idiots,” With a dancer’s grace, Moe spun back around to Nym, an innocent, youthful gleam in his eyes, “Nym
would you please help little old me get big and strong again? Pretty please?” Xavier could have sworn there were tiny sparkles floating around the chimera as he spoke.

“We’re at Level One?” Xavier frowned, “What the hell does that mean?”

- - -

# 8-Bit City, a day ago, as written by Valor
Nym watched with slightly widened eyes as the creature stomped his way to her end of the table and now staring up at her. She couldn't help but smile as the little chimera introduced himself.
"Morris," She stopped herself from giggling a little, it was such a cute name. She'd stick to calling him Morris. She looked to Xavier as he explained that this was the beast from last night, frowning slightly. Something this small could cause so much damage? She could hardly believe it. But they had been talking about how the codes for the chimera had been changed by some guy called Demetri. She shook her head a little as Xavier mentioned her seeing Morris before. "I was... too scared." She addmitted quietly, the redness of her cheeks darkening with embarressment. She didn't have to explain the running away as soon as possible bit though, she was sure of that.

She listened to the conversation about power levels, agreeing that it did seem like something out of a video game. No wonder Morris was so small now if he'd been changed back to level one. Whoever changed him must've been at a pretty high level of power.
"I guess it means your powers," She paused for a moment, "Our powers," She corrected herself, "Are at their weakest." She was pretty sure that was what it meant. Eventhough she wasn't sure what kind of power she had.

Nym's gaze wandered back to Morris again as he asked her whether she'd help him get strong again. She hesitated for a moment, brow risen slightly as she wondered why he was asking her out of all the people that he'd already met? She uncurled her arms from around her, gingerly reaching out to Morris and picking him up from the table, holding him gently at arms length and eye level.
"How am I going to do that?" She asked, her voice growing a little quieter as she was talking to Morris, "I couldn't even help calm you down last night." She didn't stop reminding herself that she was nothing but useless last night.

- - -

# 8-Bit City, about 24 hours ago, as written by chris45
(sorry for not posting lately, but I’ll try my best now.)

Daniel walked into the room looking at the table everyone was at. He rubbed his eyes and than sat down in a seat. He dug into his pocket and pulled out a stack of detentions and threw them on the table. He smiled and said “ well I think I beat my record. Looks like that’s fifteen detentions in one day.” Daniel chuckled and looked over at Xavier and said “ did I miss anything?” he than looked at the blue chimera and he snickered as it talked, it’s small voice trying hard to be big. Daniel looked at Xavier and said “ maybe all of this is exactly like some weird video game and so if we naturally have to start on level one.” Daniel than rubbed his hands together as if he had a genius idea. He than said “ I have a good idea to test if this is a game. Lets find a cheat code and use it.” Daniel chuckled, he wasn’t serious but he did want to know what everyone would think.

Daniel grabbed a few of his books and started flipping through them. He than looked at the Nym for a few seconds and than said “ wait, don’t I know you from somewhere?” Daniel tried to think where he had met this girl before, he started to think to himself aloud “ hm. Was it the arcade, movies? No I didn’t go to the movies this weekend.” Daniel than shouted out “ I got it, I saw you at the park!” he than shook his head and said “ wait that wasn’t it.” he looked at the blue chimera and than at Nym. He scratched his head trying hard to remember.

-- -

8-Bit City, about 22 hours ago, as written by N!ghtmare Tra!n
Once everyone had reached the courtyard, Charlotte had intently listened to the conversation and was thinking about what the Chimera Morris had said, and deciding how to respond. Nym & Xavier had decided that this was "Level One" they were all on, and Daniel had made up a good idea of finding a "Cheat code."

She decided to throw in her own opinion, and said, "Well then how to we get to Level Two? Is it like, experiance points? After a battle, we go up a level?" Charlotte paused and thought. "But that would mean we would be on Level Two after the Chimer- I mean, battling Morris, last night...Right?" She looked to Xavier. He always seemed to take the lead, so why not direct the question at him?

- - -

8-Bit City, about 21 hours ago, as written by Astro_B0Y
((Chris! Welcome back))

Speculations

"How am I going to do that?" Nym asked him, her voice getting just a smidge quieter as she spoke to Morris, "I couldn't even help calm you down last night."

The chimera shook his head and reached for the girl’s hand, causing those ‘sparkles’ Xavier though he saw around him to sparkle even brighter (think Armstrong from FMA xD), his voice, growing extremely deep and chivalrous. “Don’t worry about that Nym, my love,” The student looked at Moe with a flabbergasted expression on his face. “Just stay by my side, that’s all the help that I need.” Xavier felt sick to his stomach at Moe’s request, he could have seriously vomited at that instant.

“You really are a piece of work aren’t you?” He grimaced, and looked away from the creature’s cheesy declaration of love, only to see a sleepy looking Dan; who was carrying around a particularly familiar bunch of papers.

“Well I think I beat my record. Looks like that’s fifteen detentions in one day,” Dan said with a proud gleam in his eyes as he smacked the detention slips on the group’s table. The senior popped a squat on the table with the others, across from Xavier, and looked at him before continued. “Did I miss anything?” The student’s gaze shifted from the young man in the glasses. Xavier informed him of the situation at hand; and about the information gained from Moe. “Maybe all of this is exactly like some weird video game and so if we naturally have to start on level one.” Daniel rubbed his hands together, a fire in his eyes, “ I have a good idea to test if this is a game. Lets find a cheat code and use it.”

At those words, Xavier couldn’t help but beam.

“Heh, cheat codes eh?” He shrugged, with a confident grin, “I like the way you think Mr. Anderson, very much so.” When in doubt, and the odds are against you, a cheat code always gets you out of a jam. “Dreads looked like he had some serious hacks anyway
I mean, exhibit M here,” Xavier pointed Moe’s way. “It’s only fair that we bend the rules of all of this our way too right?” And then, Charlotte chimed in, posing a question Xavier hadn’t thought about fully.

"Well then how to we get to Level Two? Is it like, experience points? After a battle, we go up a level?” She paused before she answered herself with another question, "But that would mean we would be on Level Two after the Chimer- I mean, battling Morris, last night...Right?” Charlotte looked towards Xavier for the answer, giving just a tiny boost to his ego; made him feel a reliable and such.

With a frown, he crossed his arms, if he were in an anime; a giant scribble would have been over his head. And then; he felt a lightbulb go off in his mind.

“Maybe
Moe was like, an introduction battle?” He threw his arms out to the side, “Follow me here, but
what if the someone that gave us our powers; the voice; really was the same as the one who called out to Moe? Then it would actually make sense. He caused Moe to go wild, so that all of us would ‘awaken’ to our powers. Think about it, if Moe never went crazy, we wouldn’t be gathered here today.” Xavier looked at each member of the group's face, as if trying to read their thoughts.

"But...who would want that...and why?" Jayx chimed in, her face screamed confusion. My guess is this is all Maverick's little joke.He deducted in her mind, prompting Jayx to shake her head. It seemed like the more answers they arrived to, the more questions they kept getting bombarded with.

- - -

# 8-Bit City, about 21 hours ago, as written by Valor
Nym lowered Morris a little, still holding him in her small hands as she looked over at one of the older students that had just arrived with a wad of detention slips. She recognised him as the guy that had waved to her the night before, just before all the chaos. She listened to him as he attempted to remember where he'd seen her.
"Shopping District," She reminded him, "You waved to me as you walked past..."

She was then distracted by the glitter that surrounded Morris as he held onto one of the hands that she held him with, the chimera declaring some kind of love for her. The redness of her cheeks couldn't possibly grow any brighter, more out of embarressment other than anything else. She gave a nervous glance to the others around the table to gauge their reactions to Morris's words, so far getting disgust from Xavier. At least she wasn't the only one that thought this was all a little too weird. She paused for a moment before moving to put Morris back down on the table,
"I'm not sure what my mum would say if I brought you home..." She mumbled, trying to ignore that he wasn't just talking about being life long buddies.

Her arms then wrapped around herself again as the others discussed this whole 'levels' thing. She heard something about cheat codes, wondering if that was really possible? What were they supposed to be fighting to even gain these experience points? The only one that seemed to have any real knowledge about it seemed to be Morris, and so her gaze returned to the blue chimera. She gingerly poked him in the stomach, still a little weirded out by him, if she was honest. But she didn't say it aloud, not wanting to offend the small creature.
"Do you know how we're supposed to level up, Morris? How did you get strong before?" She asked, wondering if she could get any information out of the creature.

{{ I'm off to bed now, night all (: }}

- - -

# 8-Bit City, about 20 hours ago, as written by chris45
“I like the way you think Mr. Anderson, very much so.” When in doubt, and the odds are against you, a cheat code always gets you out of a jam. “Dreads looked like he had some serious hacks anyway
I mean, exhibit M here,”

“Follow me here, but
what if the someone that gave us our powers; the voice; really was the same as the one who called out to Moe? Then it would actually make sense. He caused Moe to go wild, so that all of us would ‘awaken’ to our powers. Think about it, if Moe never went crazy, we wouldn’t be gathered here today.”

Daniel looked over at Moe, he than said “ hm, well I guess you are right. By the way, um Moe or.. Whatever you like to be called. Do you know what the voice you heard sounded like? Did it sound evil like the mad genius type of voice or was it just normal? I think that could give us some clues on finding out who wanted us to gain these powers. Maybe if we find that person we can find our cheat codes.” Daniel smiled with a hint of confidence.

"Shopping District,"

Daniel looked at Nym and said “ oh so that’s where I remember you from, well it is nice to see you again.” Daniel smiled and than took out his phone. He started playing a game of super Mario bros. as Daniel played he looked at Xavier and said “ hey, you know how in super Mario bros. they have secret paths that are right in front of you, but you can’t see them. Well maybe all of our answers are right in front of us, yet we just can’t see them clearly.” Daniel looked around and said “ does that make any sense? I mean I’m still kind of tired, so I could be speaking gibberish for all I know.”

- - -

Atari High, about 18 hours ago, as written by Astro_B0Y
((can somebody do me a favor and add to the archive from where I left off? I can't copy and paste such a large amount of text from my phone. Many thanks.))

"Do you know how we're supposed to level up Morris?" Nym asked the chimera, poking at his stomach. Moe looked at all of the student's faces, did they really not know the answer? With one hand stroking his hairy chin, and the other crosed underneath, the tiny creature began to explain.

"Well, since you asked so nicely Nym, I guess I can tell you," Moe remembered the bare essentials of his knowledge, perhaps that was also intentionally left behind by Demetri? "It's simple really, the more you practice your techniques, like in training or in battle, you get stronger! I trained for centuries to get to my level...and then..." A furious look crossed the chimera's coutenance, yet again remembering the reality of his situation. "There was another way to get stronger too...but I can't remember...I guess Maverick didn't want me to remember..." He shrugged.

The more Xavier listened, the more and more things sounded like a classic RPG; a concept he was extremely familiar with. Once Moe completed his run down, he couldn't help but feel some excitement from it all, it looked like his wish for action had been fulfiled.

"Doesn't that beat all? This really is like a video game." Xavier smiled a bit, watching as Dan whipped out his gameboy, proceeding to play what looked like Super Mario. That's Dan alright...playing games at a time like this... Coming up for some air, Daniel gave Moe a glance, posing yet another question for the tiny fellow.

"Hey Moe, do you remember what the voice sounded like?" The student with the multicolored hair asked.

"Tch...the aloof bastard, how could I forget?" Moe scoffed, aparently holding no love for the enigma, "He sounded really...slippery, like a snake, he made my scales crawl." The statement prompted the chimera to look at his now, scaleless body--well not counting the reptile he wore as a tail.
"Snakey huh. Sounds about right. The voice I heard was the same way..." Xavier frowned, it looked like they were at least getting somewhere. "The period'll be over soon." He glanced at his watch, only fifteen minutes were left during the hour. Across from him, Dan had a face on that just screamed 'I'm thinking'. Looks like the plumber in the red hat was good for a little more than just saving princesses.

“ Hey, you know how in super Mario bros. they have se paths that are right in front of you, but you can’t see them. Well maybe all our answers are right in front of us, yet we just can’t see them clearly.” For the ramblings of a man whom had just awakened from a three period nap, they were pretty insighful.

"Hrmm....maybe you're right," Xavier let out an exhausted sigh, the lack of answers was exhausting, but at least they uncovered a decent bit. "We just need a pair of glasses so we can see better..." He shook his head, and looked up towards the giant clock on the wall behind the others on the back wall, "Fifth period's right around the corner...let's break for now, but we'll all meet back up in the first floor lobby?" With an exaggerated grunt, Xavier hopped off the table.

"Hrmm...I'm gonna have a packed car again aren't I?" Gas money was not an necessity, even for the son of a well to do lawyer.

- - -
# 8-Bit City, about 18 hours ago, as written by N!ghtmare Tra!n
Charlotte was still listening, making ideas run in her head, trying to flip through each to find one that made sense. Level up? Train? Battle? So she'd have to be a tiger again. She wondered if she'd get to turn into more animals. Maybe they came with the levels and experiance.

Xavier was talking and Daniel was playing his gameboy, even though he made a smart remark about "seeing clearly." The rest were somewhat silent, only here & there making small comments, which forced Xavier to continue rambling, contemplating everything anyone said. She looked at her watch right before Xavier said something about lunch being almost over. He was right, about 10 more minutes or so. She should start back to her house now. Maybe she'd practice shape-shifting there. But what if her mother came home, and saw a tiger instead of her daughter? And still, Charlotte wasn't exactly sure how to change, or how to change back.

Why was everything so confusing nowadays?

Charlotte wondered if the Chimera battle had never happened, would she have ever even found her power? Possibly.

She lifted her head to lok at the others. Charlotte said, "I've got to get home now. I'm not exactly even supposed to be here really, I was sick."

Did changing make her sick? Maybe.

"I'll see you all tomorrow, hopefully. If something happens, tell me please." She waved slightly and stood. Charlotte made her way to the door, hoping no one would stop her.
- - -

8-Bit City, about 18 hours ago, as written by CelticCat1293
Naydelle whimpered quietly as Joel dropped her hand and flung her arms to hug herself tightly. She watched his back as he walked away from her, eyes wide and watering, though the tears had yet to fall. "Joel?" she mouthed, no sounds escaping her lips. She bit her lip and couldn't seem to move away from him, like he had suggested...But she couldn't move forward, either.

Don started talking and she just blinked helplessly at him in response before her eyes took on a determined look on them. Her fears weren't gone, far from it. She was shaking and her mind was spinning, but she had a promise to keep. Just like with her own father, she had to take care of someone and wasn't going to fail in her one duty. Not now!

Naydelle's mouth was slightly agape at the strange man's revelation about her having powers, but she closed her eyes for a moment and walked forward, grabbing Joel's hand tightly in hers. "That leaves me no choice then, I assume?" she questioned the man, trying to force the shaking from her tone. A glance out of the side of her eyes confirmed the belief that she needed to keep her newest promise. She had to stay with Joel and keep him safe, no matter what.

"My life isn't normal anymore. Nothing anyone says or does can change that fact, and if I run away now, it'll do more harm than good in the long run," she stated, confidence in her voice, though fear still made it tremble. She licked her dry lips and closed her eyes for a moment again. When they opened, there was fire within. "I'm staying with you. You're staying with me. It's a promise that's been made and you won't make me break it." She brushed his tears away gently with her free hand and gave him a smile before turning to the man. "I guess I'm ready when you are, sir."

- - -

8-Bit City, about 18 hours ago, as written by Nemeth09
Joel's life suddenly flared with a bright ember that engulfed his own being. After learning that Naydelle has powers as well, he only knew that she'd go with him, but he never knew that she'd be so proud to be with him. He then took his hand and entwined his fingers in between Naydelle's and squeezed softly, whispering to her "It's ok to be scared....I'm scared too, sort of. I'll be here to keep you safe as well." and he gently touched his lips to her cheek as his own cheeks began to drown themselves in a pool of red tint.

He then stared over to Demetri and nodded. "We're ready to go whenever you are" he spoke out, giving a reassuring smile. With his necromancy powers, and Naydelle at his side, he was ready for anything, even if it meant the end of the world as he knew it.

- - -

# 8-Bit City, about 17 hours ago, as written by Astro_B0Y
((scratch that about the timeskip in this post, probably the one after this perhaps.))

Demetri's unveiling of the girl's powers led to a somewhat emotional display from her and the boy Joel. He wasn't a fan of something as fragile as the concept of love, occasional companionship sure...but love was a pretty extreme thing. What's more to him is the rate at witch these two seemed to fall for each other, if he was right, the two of them just ran into each other less that an hour ago; maybe adversity did bring up such emotion in humans.

Such things were frowned upon in the Gatekeeper Order. Immortality tends to be lonely anyway, especially for one who travels from dimension to dimension. Gatekeepers work alone, never in groups, the existance of multiple Gatekeepers in the same dimension would cause the Equilibrium to literaly collapse from the sheer power the two beings emit.

This principle is what lead to Demetri's speedy apprehension of these four, not to mention his search for the man with the glowing crimson eyes. If there was a man out there with powers strong enough to snare a Gatekeeper like himself, he would have to deal with him swiftly, or else, 8-Bit, and maybe even the entire Earth Dimension would have to be
'purged' and sent to the Dimensional Desert.

These four individuals, and the other nine from the night before would hopefully be the key in tracking down the man. While the nine received their powers from the one in question, these other four recieved powers without any contact from him; perhaps there was something else in 8-Bit?

He didn't know, but right now, he had the first four in front of him, and it was time to take them back to his base.

"Well now that it looks like we're all prepared, head on through," With a simple smile, Demetri turned around to open the door, causing a mass of soft blue light too pour out onto the ground and his face. "It'll feel weird, transition from one dimension to limbo always does." Knowing full well they had no idea what he was talking about he gestured for them to head on through. As they did, he cast the fourth and final one, a student with a curious little box gripped in his arms a curious glance.

"So, are you coming too? I could just leave you here ya know...lunch is almost over after all."

Back in the courtyard the others were slowly dispersing. Charlotte spoke about heading back home, and, now that she mentioned it, Xavier realized she wasn't in any of the junior classrooms he delivered to this morning. She said she was home sick, but felt a bit better and decided to visit school. Weird, Xavier thought. If he got a free pass to stay home, he would have milked it for all it was worth; his mom never let him stay home, even if he was on his deathbed.

"Hm...you still coming to Dread's place with us right? I'm already carpooling so I can swing by for you too." It wasn't like her place of residence would be too far from the school; all the homes were on the same island with Atari anyway.

- - -

8-Bit City, about 17 hours ago, as written by EikouNekoChan
Finally, Xavier gave the run down of what had happened thus far, starting with the ‘phenomena’. Aemyle avoided anyone’s gaze as he went through that part; she was one of those phenomena, she was sure of it. And when he brought up the chimera, what was left of it popped out of Jayx’s bag to speak out. But it brought up one good point: they’d all heard a strange voice.

‘Moe’, or ‘Morris’ as he preferred, explained that the man who’d shrunk him last night (she recalled someone calling him ‘Maverick’) rewrote his code to ‘level one’. She didn’t know much about video games, as they were very different on her planet, but she had played some since her arrival. She knew enough to know that level one was what some people called a ‘Noob’, short for newbie. While Moe kissed up to little Nym, the others pondered how the game term applied to them.

Upon the arrival of Xavier’s friend with dyed hair, the group moved on to how they were to level up. The newest arrival made references to a game Aemyle had not yet heard of, so she had to hope what she understood was enough to get through the conversation. Though, with a bit of love from Nym, they were able to get Morris to explain that training their powers would help them level up. It really was like this place’s video games, this situation.

“ Hey, you know how in super Mario bros. they have se paths that are right in front of you, but you can’t see them. Well maybe all our answers are right in front of us, yet we just can’t see them clearly.”

"Hrmm....maybe you're right," Xavier sighed, obviously frustrated with the lack of understanding this meeting had achieved, "We just need a pair of glasses so we can see better...Fifth period's right around the corner...let's break for now, but we'll all meet back up in the first floor lobby?" He heaved himself up off of the table.

"Hrmm...I'm gonna have a packed car again aren't I?” He inquired.

“I do apologize,” Aemyle stood up, “I’ve not gotten around to getting my license, yet.” She smiled at him. “That seems like a suitable meeting place, though I do hope it is not quite so crowded as before.”

It crossed her mind to tell them of her true nature; that she was an alien from another dimension, sucked here by some strange phenomena. But she thought it was best to hold off on that. This Demetri character who seemed to know so much would probably need to know as well, and he might even be able to explain what brought her here, but if she had to tell him, she would wait until they met at his shop. So, she bid everyone farewell, and wished Charlotte good health, and returned to her class room.

- - -

# 8-Bit City, about 17 hours ago, as written by N!ghtmare Tra!n
"Hm...you still coming to Dread's place with us right? I'm already carpooling so I can swing by for you too."

Charlotte looked over her shoulder, wondering if Xavier had been talking to her or someone else. When she found him looking her way, she decided he was.

"Um, well, sure. I've got nothing better to do. I live closer to the edge of the Residential side. I'll be ready." Charlotte waved and left this time, out of site as the doors swung shut after her. She began her alk back home, not bothering to stop by her mom's classroom.

Outside the school, she had a brilliant idea. Probably dangerous and stupid, but brilliant nonetheless. The girl slipped behind an alley, only a few steps from the school campus. She tried to remember the feeling of shifting. A burning energy, it felt like she was going to burst, like a fire that can't burn out, a wild animal that can't be tamed, can't be caged...

A wild tiger, running through the streets of 8-Bit City, just trying to get home faster; Charlotte wasn't thinking like a human- no common sense to take the back alleys- she only knew how to get home. It was her destination, and she went as the crow flies.

- - -

8-Bit City, about 16 hours ago, as written by Buddywazzizname
"Yeah, I promised my dad I'd swing by the presinct after lunch." Jack told Xavier as the group began to split up. "He's a little surprised with the fact that I'm not in my bed hurking up blood as I've been the past few months, so he wants me to check in so he can confirm that I'm not going to suddenly keel over and die."

As he said this, he reached into his pack and pulled out a (rather thick) stack of papers, handing them to the taller teenager.

"Also, I did your homework while you were out about caboodling an' whatnot. Did Jayx's too while she was... well, being Jayx." The young man added with a shrug "Might still want to go over the notes though, can't do your tests fer ya."

Standing up himself, the lad picked up his bag and made to leave, giving one last remark over his shoulder;

"I'll meet you guys at the Dread-Head's later."

---------

It'd be a long walk to the industrial district, hell, it was a long walk from the school to the first bus-stop that went that way. Normally Jack would've just taken his beatentohellmobile, but his dad made a point of snatching up his keys before he could get a hold of them. Not like he could fault the man's logic; people who mysteriously recover from equally mysterious illnesses should probably not be responsible for operating an automobile within twenty-four hours of said recovery. Bad things might just happen.

John Kernow the elder was nothing if not a logical man.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a familiar figure, whom he quickly recognised as the young lady he'd first met at the table; Charlotte. The boy raised his arm to wave...

Then she turned into a tiger.

And took off down the street.

A street filled with people.

People with cellphones.

Cellphones with the arabic numerals '9' and '1' on little buttons on their surfaces.

"God. Fucking. Dammit." Jack eloquently noted as he took off after her, surmising that any odd looks by passers-by or stern, military-styled talking-to's recieved from his father on the account of his chasing a wild tiger through the city streets would pale in comparison to the level of crap the girl'd be in if animal control actually caught her.

Tracking her with his on-board sensory equipment, the cyborg Welshman made a point of using convenient backalleys and side streets to try and gain as much ground as possible on his quarry while his cybernetic legs propelled him forward as fast as they possibly could, far beyond what was possible for a normal man, as he tried to think up a way to stop the girl he was pursuing and also stop her from being quite so... giant... carnivorous... feline...y... without hurting her.

Figures all this shit would happen on a monday.

God, did Jack hate mondays.

- - -

8-Bit City, about 11 hours ago, as written by Valor
Nym listened to the explaination from Morris about the whole leveling up thing. It did sound exactly like a video game, which made it easy enough to understand what to do now. So they just had to practise alot, and they would get stronger. It would be nice to know what exactly she was practising. She quickly looked at her watch as everybody was starting to disappear to fifth period. Looks like they were going to split up again for a while. Finally she had found a group of people that she could feel quite comfortable around, enough to even talk to them. Perhaps she had even made some friends.
She watched everyone disperse, looking down at Morris who was still on the table,
"I take it that I'm taking you with me then?" She asked the chimera, wondering how she was supposed to keep him with her without everyone seeing the creature.

He would probably have to stay in her bag. At that thought, Nym opened up her bag, taking out some of the books to make some room for Morris.
"You can jump in here if you like," She said as she opened up her bag, "There's a jumper in there for if you're not comfortable or you want a nap or something." Perhaps the chimera wouldn't appreciate this, seeing as he was such a proud and noble creature, but he just could not be seen in this world yet.

"You have to hurry up though, otherwise I'm going to be late for class."

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:39 pm

8-Bit City, 4 days ago, as written by CelticCat
Bright light. Vertigo. Nausea...Nothing.

She had closed her eyes and now opened them tentatively, but found herself unable to do more. Everyone around her was spinning and talking, talking and spinning, but she was stuck. No tilting of her head. No questioning the city below. No looking to Joel for comfort or help. Nothing. She was trapped in herself and couldn't move.

The man talked about helping the city, but she couldn't agree to it...Not until she saw Don run off. She panicked internally and her hand finally moved to squeeze Joel's. And then her head moved, eyes still wide and unblinking, to listen to Joel. He was saying to leave it to them...to go home...

"No! I'm coming with you. I want to help. I need to help," she stated, before giving him a tight smile. "Let's go help Don, okay? Apparently, I have powers, too. Let's see if I can use them."

And with that, she stepped into the portal, keeping a hold on Joel's hand, and prepared herself when she saw the red eyes...The wolves.

- - -

8-Bit City, 4 days ago, as written by LaularuKyrumo
((N!ghtmare, you need to make a certain number of forum posts before PMs are enabled.))

Valor had the utter misfortune of stumbling into the middle of the arena, right behind Don, right as the wolves were released. However, it appeared he had not been blatantly noticed. This gave him the opportunity to observe his opponents, the pack of wolves. Wolves. Gray wolves.... Images flashed through his brain, information coming to the forefront. Time seemed to slow to a crawl for him as every single fact he had ever learned about his query surfaced, helping him to formulate his battle plan. By the time he'd finally come out of it, ready to fight, it seemed to him as if nearly ten minutes had passed. In reality, though, it had only been a few seconds. Part of the delay was from exhaustion... but both that, and the other half of the delay in perceived time to elapsed time was much simpler.

He had found his power.

Any other time he would be giddy with excitement. But now he had to help out Don. Since these wolves were likely no more than feral beasts, they wouldn't react much to his voice. Furthermore, they were less responsive to voice in general, as opposed to gestures like hand signals. "Don! Wolves hunt less effectively as a pack than as pairs or individuals. We need to hold back and siege them, damage them slowly and take them out at once!"

- - -

# 8-Bit City, 4 days ago, as written by Valor
Nym looked from Xavier and Jayx to Aemyle as the green haired girl sung parts from songs that they had been thinking. That was a pretty neat gift, seeing as she was a singer too. She was a little unnerved by Jayx's reaction, edging away a little as she bounced around. She was thankfully distracted as Xavier had a conversation with another older student, who mentioned something about a tiger. Instantly her thoughts flashed back to the tiger that had leapt infront of her to protect her, and Xavier seemed to recognise who it was too, suddenly rushing off.

She glanced down to Morris,
"Guess we should follow then..." She said, noting the look on the chimera's face. Either he didn't like her following Xavier or didn't want her to chase after a tiger. Did he even know what a tiger was? Either way, she was still going. She said she was going to help, after all. Nym was nowhere near as fast as Xavier, but she still ran after him, trying to keep up as best as possible which got harder as the crowds grew.

Run away!

Nym paused in her chase as she heard a chorus of high pitched voices sing the same two words over and over. Run away! Run away! Run away!
She looked around, unable to see any people screaming those two words.
"Morris, did you hear that?" She asked quietly, still looking for the voices' owners.

Morris looked confused.
"Hear what? People screaming, that's understandable."

Nym shook her head a little,
"No, not that. Other voices, telling us to run away..." She continued to talk as if she was thinking aloud, looking around as suddenly all the people dropped to the floor in a deep sleep, judging by the snores.

"Well the only things left to say something are the birds. And birds don't talk." Morris pointed out, making Nym's gaze wander towards the sky. The voices had faded away now, and all was quiet again. That was strange.

"Let's just forget about it, probably just some hyper kids or something..."

With that, Nym continued on her way, picking her way through the crowd of sleeping people till she caught up with Jack and Xavier, who were now looking at Charlotte - along with some other guy that she didn't recognise. She noticed the way that Charlotte was shivering, she looked a little scared, maybe tired too.
"A-Are you... okay?" Nym asked, the stutter returning to her voice as she'd never really spoken to the older girl till now. She edged forward, crouching down infront of the older girl so that they were at eye level. She offered the girl one of her small hands to help her stand again,
"Maybe we should get out of here..." She suggested, glancing over her shoulder to all the sleeping people, "Before they wake up...?"

- - -

# 8-Bit City, 4 days ago, as written by N!ghtmare Tra!n
"A-Are you... okay? Maybe we should get out of here... Before they wake up...?"

This was a voice from last night, Charlotte rememebered. When she looked up she saw a younger girl holding out her hand. Charlotte took it gatefully, and with the girl's help, stood up. What was her name? Nym? That sounded right.

"Thanks..." She looked around, seeing that Xavier had come along with Nym. Great. What would happen now? The shaking girl finally remembered their meeting at the school courtyard, discussing to take a trip to go see the mysterious Demetri.

Charlotte let out an unsteady breath, calming herself; the shaking subsided. She waited for instructions, a scolding, an explanation, anything. She just didn't want to be the first to talk. What is she couldn't? Highschoolers can take French, Spanish, and a few others, but she didn't think "Tiger" made the cut.

= = =

8-Bit City, 3 days ago, as written by EikouNekoChan
Xavier seemed astonished that she got the song right, but his reaction was nothing compared to Jayx’s. She jumped up with an oddly excited expression, shouting "He sung the whole thing!" repeatedly. Aemyle was confused about this, seeing as the second song’s voice was not Jayx’s, though it did not sound like a recording of a song, like Xavier’s song. More likely than not, someone had been singing it in their head. How did this correlate to Jayx? She gripped Aemyle’s hands, her eyes filled with joy.

"You're amazing! Howdja do it?!" Aemyle gave a slightly unnerved smile as Xavier doubled over laughing at Jayz’s laughing. The alien really had no chance to have her questions answered, for a report of a tiger not far from the school. Xavier bolted, and Nym followed. Aemyle looked back at Jayx, wondering about whether or not to follow.

"Hey, Xavier! Why didn't you tell me you were friends with Aemyle?!" The girl who’d told them about the tiger called after Xavier, and then shrugged. "What's his problem?"

“Do you think it is Charlotte? Should we follow them?” Aemyle asked Jayx, worried by the situation.

= = =
8-Bit City, 2 days ago, as written by Rio Green
(sorry if i get stuff wrong, i can only seem to view the most recent page so i cant read everything thats happened)

Rio walked to his job at the arcade and decided to load into the VR machine he had fixed. It read his log ID and loaded his character, the world around him dissolved and another world appeared before him. Rio was in a forest, but because he hadn't logged in in a while he had no idea where he was. Wandering around for a while he found a strange portal that he had never seen in this VR world before, perhaps they had updated the game? He decided to try it out.

As he stepped through the portal, the world seemed all too real. He was standing in an arena surrounded by strangers, wolves were approaching fast.
Rio took another look at the people around him, did they go to Atari high?

= = =

8-Bit City, 2 days ago, as written by Nemeth09
(sorry if my post is a bit out of place....have been absent from the scene for a few days and am going of Dan's description)

With Naydelle's hand gently in his, Joel gave a firm nod and headed through the portal, noticing first off the wolf eyes. Being a lone wolf was one thing, but being stuck in front of a pack of wolves was another thing. He knew far as well he had to do something, and fast, especially since Naydelle's life was in danger.

He looked over to Naydelle and whispered "Let me raise my acquaintances to help...." as he gently removed his hand from hers, then placing his hands on what appeared to be soil, and hoping that some dead remain intact under the soil and dirt. Whispering the familiar cantations, several skeletons arose and stood along Joel, turning to face the wolves. "Not exactly smart throwing bones to wolves, but its worth a try" Joel spoke out, giving a slight smirk to Naydelle in hopes to make her laugh from the joke.
== =

8-Bit City, 2 days ago, as written by donanater
Shortly after the wolves were released the new kid popped out behind Don. The kid seemed a bit shocked but shortly recovered and even started to scan the enemy.

"Don! Wolves hunt less effectively as a pack than as pairs or individuals. We need to hold back and siege them, damage them slowly and take them out at once!"

Don smiled, as he thought so a group fight is it then. Shortly after hearing the advice, Joel and Nydelle appeared. Don heard some kind of incantation, and several skeletons rose. Shortly after Don heard Joel crack a joke to Nydelle. "Ha, leave the joking to me Joel," Don yelled at Joel with a smile. The wolves had closed a large gap of space, between everyone appearing, leaving only about 20 feet between them and Don.

Hitting the enter button on his computer Don yelled, "Activate powers one and two," followed shortly from his computer," beginning activation." The light spread from the top of his head and engulfed the rest of his body, as the light faded his hands had become cat paws and his legs and arms were bigger. Don charged straight into the wolfs pack closing the 10 feet left with startling speed, after all the dog's strength more than doubled his speed and power.

The first wolf Don reached was shocked, but almost glad Don had cleared the gap between them. Don could see the hunger in its eyes, looking like that was it’s only thought. Don reached striking distance of the wolf, which it had also sense quickly dodging to the left avoiding the first blow coming down from Don's right paw. Luckily Don had two paws and shortly after determining where it was to land, he turned his left paw and swung sideways, contacting the wolf in its face, with such force, cracking its skull. As it died, a menu popped into Don’s head, due to him still being in contact with it, with a list of skills that could be copied. Choosing the first one on the list as not to be distracted to long, the computer replied, “ Wolf senses copied.”

Unfortunately in that few milliseconds the menu was up he was slashed across the back. The wound was superficial but still stung. Don thought few more of those and I might be in trouble as about five wolves circled him while the rest of them continued onto the rest of the group. Glanceing at his wrist, the timer showed 00:53.
- - -

Main/Residential District, 2 days ago, as written by Astro_B0Y
((Sorry for my absence guys, it's the last weekend before school so I been out and all))

Should we go after them? Aemyle asked Jayx, who nodded in agreement. She looked at the other in the group with a look that said 'let's go' and started for the door, it shouldn't be too hard to find the others right?

"I hope everything's okay..." Jayx whispered to herself before she exited through the doors.

Back in the streets of the residential district, Xavier was fixated not on Charlotte, but on the man who stood beside Jack. When he looked upon the old, long-nosed fellow, he felt a sensation similar to the first time he saw Moe's old form up close-- a mixture of fear and awe. It wasn't until Nym got Charlotte to her feet that Xavier snapped out of it. "You're right, we should get going..." He said walking towards them, though his head was still turned towards the old man.

"Indeed, I much rather do this in a more proper manner, but I cannot keep this many people asleep for long." The old man stepped closer to Xavier, Nym and Charlotte, his hand cuffed over his eyes to keep the sun away. "It looks like the rest of your group is on their way over as well, perfect timing! Now we can finally get going." He spoke joyously with a crooked smile.

"Whose that?" Jayx asked Xavier as her and the others regrouped with them.

"Dunno...he's a strange-looking character isn't he?" Xavier turned his body fully to the man, "Who are you? You sound like you know us..." He questioned, with a strong sense of bravado behind his voice. The stranger let out a horse laugh at the student's words, apparently Xavier was a lot funnier than he thought.

"I'm not so important, I am just a servant to Lord Maverick. He sent me to bring you to his shop," He tipped the top hat on his head respectfully, "You are Master Xavier Wallace yes? And the one who caused this fiasco is you," He wiggled a bit more of his white walking stick out from his arm, allowing just enough to point the shapeshifter's way, "Miss Charlotte Dales. I do hope you exercise more caution with your gift in the future." Despite the respectful airs, it was no secret that he was scolding the girl.

"Since you know all of us...it's only fair that we know your name right?" Xavier stepped a bit closer to the man, who was growing more and more annoying by the minute. "Mr......?"

"Alistair. As I said, I am but a servant to Lord Maverick. Please, we can save the introductions for later though, we should be going, there's work to be done!" Before Xavier could question him further, Alistair clapped his silk gloved hands together, creating a shadowy shape behind him-- the wispy cloud of darkness quickly took the shape of a door. Something inside him couldn't shake the feeling that he had seen something like this before...but Xavier had no idea where it was.

Maverick has servants? Tch... He scoffed.
Somebody's jealous! Kid teased.
He certainly is a character isn't he? Karen identified, just a tad bit hesitant to go along with Alistair.

"Just where is Dreads' shop?" Xavier asked, wary to step through this strange blue door. The question caused that same eerie smile to creep upon Alistair's face.

"Limbo." But before Xavier could even react, Alistair turned away from them, and stepped through the door, leaving it open for the others to follow.

The soft blue light and gentle fog on the inside made for a rather uneasy looking place. A place Xavier felt that he rather not enter. However, it wasn't as if he had a choice-- he wanted answers, and this Alistair character was the only lead they had. Besides, Limbo didn't seem like a place that was within driving distance. So, with a deep sigh, he turned to face the rest of the group a frown on his face.

"Well guys? I don't know about you, but I always learned not to follow creepy old men anywhere-- especially through doors that look like they shouldn't lead anywhere." He rubbed his neck, "But...if Dreads' place is through here then..." Jayx shook her head, stepping forward, past Xavier and in front of the open door, letting the soft blue light wash against her face.

"I'm going!" She proclaimed, without a hint of doubt in her voice or being, "We said we were going to see Demi right? So...what's one little scary door?" The freckled girl turned to the all with a wide grin on her face. Inside of her though, He was less than enthused.

Jayx...you're too naive. He grumbled, disappointed in her decision.

"Aha...well then. You took the words right out of my mouth Jayx." Xavier laughed as he slammed his fists into each other. The collision between the two caused brief flashes of blue and red to emit from either fist, however, Xavier didn't notice this occurrence. "After all that big talk at lunch, I can't just turned around now, it'd be unbecoming for a man of my character, wouldn't you agree?" The glasses wearing young man looked towards Aemyle as he spoke the last bit, smiling wide.

"If Limbo's anything like I've read...I won't blame you guys if you want to stay behind. There could be even worse sons of bitches in there than Moe's old self..." His gaze shifted away from them for a brief moment, before returning with its former fire. "But me and Jayx are going...and we'd be glad to have our team with us!" Xavier slammed his fists together, yet again causing them to spark up with colored flashes.

Aha....I sounded pretty cool... He rubbed his neck, a bit embarrassed from the showy speech.

= = =

8-Bit City, 2 days ago, as written by N!ghtmare Tra!n
Charlotte, now on her feet and steady, was listening as the odd man introduced himself as Alistair, Lord Maverick's servant. Jayx seemed excited and Xavier was standing tall and ready, punching his fists together. The result of his random punches were little flames- blue & red- like she'd seen him do in the courtyard.

Her cheeks were still a little red- from running and from Alistair scolding her. Learn from your mistakes, right?

"If Limbo's anything like I've read...I won't blame you guys if you want to stay behind. There could be even worse sons of bitches in there than Moe's old self...But me and Jayx are going...and we'd be glad to have our team with us!" They were ready, facing the newly opened portal to Limbo. Alistair was standing, waiting for the decision to be made, beside the entry-way.

Charlotte blinked and stepped forward, switching her blue gaze from Xavier & Jayx to Alistair. "I'll go too. I've got some unanswered questions. I wanna see how far this goes."

= = =

8-Bit City, 2 days ago, as written by Valor
Nym was glad to see Charlotte get back onto her feet quickly, gently letting go of her hand when she was steady on her feet. Her gaze then wandered to the old man, her eyes wide with curiousity. He didn't look like much of a servant, but no doubt he wasn't one to mess with, by the look of all the sleeping people. Alistair seemed to know some of their names, though he didn't name all, so it was questionnable whether this Demitri knew of all the people that were coming to his 'shop'.

She couldn't help but be a little unnerved as Alistair said that this shop was in Limbo. That was supposed to be the place between life and death, and the thought of being in that place scared her. It wasn't somewheree to be messing around in. Some of Xavier's speech didn't exactly help, seeing as he mentioned people worse than how Morris had been the night before. Morris had been scary enough to make her freeze up and be useless to the group, what would she possibly do if there was anything worse in Limbo?

"I don't know..." Nym said, her voice a little shakey as she fumbled with her hands infront of her. She glanced at the soft blue light in the doorway, gaze turning to Xavier and the others who had already decided to go.
"I couldn't do anything to help with Morris, and it looks like most of you have found your powers. I don't know what good I'm going to be, even if I do go with you." She explained, feeling rather stupid now. Once again her own fear and nervousness managed to find an excuse to get out of something that might bring some sort of life out of her.

She went to wrap her arms around herself to give herself an encouraging hug, though her hand was taken by two much smaller, claws? maybe paws, Nym wasn't too sure. She looked down to see Morris holding her hand again, giving it a reassuring squeeze with his own, guessing that he was being careful not to scratch her.
His beady eyes were large and shiny, his feathers puffed out to make himself look bigger, much like a proud bird would.
"You will find your power, Nym. I know it. And you will do great. I believe in you," He said slowly, the glittering light around him appearing again though this time it was white.

Nym was unsure how to respond. It was nice to hear that someone had some sort of faith in her, though she was unsure that she could handle any kind of big responsibility
= = =

8-Bit City, 2 days ago, as written by LaularuKyrumo
Sweet, some backup. With added manpower, thought Valor, this ragtag group might stand a bit more of a chance. Now if only they could work according to plan... Obviously, since Valor had less combat experience but more knowledge, he'd have to be hanging out away from the actual action, mostly useful for covering up an exposed flank. Knowing this, he was immediately disappointed when Don simply leaped into the fray, basically dismantling his plan from the get-go--as shown by the immediate wound given to him by a hungry wolf.

"Hey, that's not what I meant! Get back here now, we should fight them from a distance instead of charging at them. They're going to try to divide and conquer us, and you're helping them!"

Joel, on the other hand, had the right idea. Calling in some sort of backup that could be abused without worry, that could fight on its own, and could help contain the mass of wolves was an excellent idea. Hopefully they would at least move according to plan...

As Valor was looking over the battlefield, searching for a strategic advantage, one of the wolves that had broken away from the pack was sneaking up on him, and he had just enough time to turn around before it pounced. And then it happened again... Time seemed to slow to a crawl as Valor instinctively began to duck, but as he tried, he felt his movement slow to a crawl. Just like the wolf seemed to stop in mid-pounce. Scanning over the situation, Valor was able to notice that, in his flailed half-defensive position, his arm was in just the right place to deliver a nasty uppercut to the wolf's stomach. Thinking it over some more, and watching the would-be assailant inch closer by a nearly imperceptive distance, Valor decided that an extra attack would need to be delivered simultaneously to effectively dislodge the charging canine. The uppercut would launch the dog upwards, and so a downward-focused attack would be of most use...

Suddenly, time's flow returned to normal. As the wolf flew forward, no longer suspended in midair, Valor thrust his fist up into the wolf, and initiated a backflip before the attack would even hit. As the fist rammed into the canine's underbelly, Valor's legs came down to deliver a crushing blow to the top of its head and forcing it down, snapping at least one of its legs with the sudden impact.

= = =

8-Bit City, 2 days ago, as written by EikouNekoChan
With a nod from Jayx, the two departed from the school to follow. Down the street, the location of Xavier and the others became apparent. A whole crowd of people was asleep on the ground, while the small group of people they knew stood looking at a strange man she did not recognize. Curious as to what she might learn from the man, she sought out his song, and though she felt as if she might grasp it at first, it melted away in her mental fingers. His mind was beyond her reach, it seemed.

"It looks like the rest of your group is on their way over as well, perfect timing! Now we can finally get going." The elderly man gave an odd grin as she and the rest of the group came within earshot.

"Who’s that?" Jayx asked what everyone was probably wondering.

"Dunno...he's a strange-looking character isn't he?" Xavier turned from Jayx to the man, "Who are you? You sound like you know us..." This received a rather animated chuckle from the recipient of the inquiry.

"I'm not so important, I am just a servant to Lord Maverick. He sent me to bring you to his shop," He tipped his top hat before continuing. Aemyle wondered if that was some sort of greeting on this planet, "You are Master Xavier Wallace yes? And the one who caused this fiasco is you, Miss Charlotte Dales. I do hope you exercise more caution with your gift in the future." While making it clear that he knew the group, he also took the opportunity to scold Charlotte. It was a rather big mess to sort out; it made Aemyle speculate as to if these people would even remember the tiger running down the street. This character seemed like he could erase memories just as well as this Maverick person.

"Since you know all of us...it's only fair that we know your name right?" Xavier asked "Mr......?"

"Alistair. As I said, I am but a servant to Lord Maverick. Please, we can save the introductions for later though, we should be going, there's work to be done!" He clapped his gloved hands together, causing a cloudy shape to form behind him. The shadowy cloud gave way to wisps around the shape of a door. She remembered seeing this blue door in a different setting
only she remembered it being open then

"Just where is Dreads' shop?" Another question from Xavier.

"Limbo." Alistair said matter-of-factly before stepping through the door. Limbo? According to the lore of this planet it was an in-between, vacant dimension. According to Peregrinan lore, this dimension was called ‘Denr’ilma, the ‘Place Without Destiny’. This worried Aemyle more than just a bit, and the eerie fog coming from the other side did not ease her mind in the very least.

Xavier and Jayx seemed eager to go, despite what the lore of this world told them about the place. If they knew Peregrinan lore, they might be a bit more cautious.

"If Limbo's anything like I've read...I won't blame you guys if you want to stay behind. There could be even worse sons of bitches in there than Moe's old self..." Xavier turned to the rest of the group, punching his fists together with small emissions of flame,"But me and Jayx are going...and we'd be glad to have our team with us!"

"I'll go too. I've got some unanswered questions. I wanna see how far this goes." Charlotte spoke up.

Nym seemed unsure, but it was clear that she did not want to be left behind. And it was quite clear that Moe wanted her to go forward. The mini-chimera really did have a soft spot for her.

Aemyle didn’t want to go through that door if it led to Limbo. That place was called ‘Place Without Destiny’ for a reason, and she had no desire to have her destiny end there. However, taking a look at Jayx and Xavier, she felt she could not decline. She owed it to herself to follow this lead, to see if this Maverick knew why she was taken from her home, and she owed it to the others to follow this adventure through.

The alien heaved a great sigh and shook her head. “I am probably half insane for entering that realm of my own accord,” She looked to Xavier with a smile that said ‘What the hell am I doing’, “But, I dare not part from such a lovely group of new companions, especially when there are questions to be answered.”

She pulled her gun from her holster, and recited a translated loyalty oath common among the warriors of her people. “You have my firearm, and my Allegiance,” Tew kry wa dozekun, ohn wa haav’net

- - -

-Bit City, a day ago, as written by Rio Green
Rio jumped at the sudden transformation of one of the kids in front of him, but was even more impressed at the insane reflexes of another as not only dodged a surprise attack from a wolf, but counter attacked in a split second. It took him a second to regain focus and remember that he was in the heat of a battle that seemed all to real. A skeleton was ripped apart by a wolf and a femur flew across landing in the dust at his feet. Rio picked up the femur and wielded it like a club.

Well, i usually use a staff but i guess this will have to do.

One of the wolves jumped straight at him with teeth snapping. From being caught completely off guard, Rio only had time to shove his makeshift weapon in the way of the snapping jaws. The Beast clamped down hard refusing to let go. Placing his free hand on top of the wolves head, Rio unleashed all the voltage he could muster, knocking the wolf out. With his bone club now free, he bashed at the wolf's face till it was no longer recognizable. As a finishing, he opened the now smashed jaw and ripped out one of the beasts fangs. Electrifying one finger, Rio burned a hole in the top of the bone he was holding and lodged the fang inside giving him a spike. Now satisfied with his weapon, Rio prepared for the next assault.

= = =

8-Bit City, a day ago, as written by Astro_B0Y
Xavier crossed his arms and smiled as Charlotte stepped forward first, she had a fire in her eyes, she was resolved.

"I'll go too. I wanna see how far this goes." She spoke, nodding at him and Jayx.

"Heh, good answer." Next, Xavier shifted his gaze towards Nym, who wasn't taking things as well as they were. Nym didn't want to go; and he couldn't blame her. They had to be insane to fight Berserk Moe last night, and this might as well have been suicide-- but he couldn't just drop everything and turn back.

For once though, Moe wasn't acting like an ass. Instead, he was comforting Nym, trying to give her confidence. He smiled just a bit at the display, impressed by the mini-chimera's behavior. "Aha, well Nym? It looks like you've got yourself a knight by your side." Xavier pointed out with a teasing tone, much to the distaste of the galant Morris Von Zan. Normally, the creature would have leapt out the bag and mauled the student--but he was more concerned for Nym at this point.

“I am probably half insane for entering that realm of my own accord,” Aemyle spoke next. Xavier noticed her air had been strange ever since Alistair mentioned their destination, but she seemed ready now, and he couldn't be more excited. The singer sent a smile his way, one that screamed 'What the Hell...?', and one that made him die laughing on the inside. “But, I dare not part from such a lovely group of new companions, especially when there are questions to be answered." She was hesitant, but on board none the less.

"Ah, well, if it makes you feel any better we can put both of our halves of insanity together and be complete." Xavier chuckled at the line, "Well, they all can't be knee slappers." He shrugged.

“You have my firearm, and my Allegiance,” It sure did sound reasuring enough.

"Alright then, I'll take it." He put his hand on his heart, nodding firmly at the words, and then, shifted his attention to Preston and Lilli. "You guys on board?" Preston gulped, feeling a bit uneasy about it all. He wanted to go, but he still wasn't sure what all he could do...sure, he could take a shot or two...but what could would he be in a real fight? Besides...he was already injured.

"I...don't know..." The blonde haired boy looked at Lilli, who seemed to still be wary about it all as well. But still. It didn't matter, he wanted to know what was going on, he didn't like being in the dark like this. And so, there was only one thing to do. "Yeah...yeah! I'll go too." Preston stepped forward, and as he did, Xavier held out his fist initiating a manly bump of fists between comrades. A confident look appeared on the boy's face as he connected knuckles with the much taller student.

"Well then, have you all reached a consensus (sp I'm sure, no spellcheck on phone xP) yet?" Alistair spoke with his back turned inside the door, a rather impatient tone in his voice.

"Time is not a leisure of the elderly you know."

= = =

8-Bit City, a day ago, as written by Valor
Nym looked around to the others as they all eventually decided that they were going to go along with it. It looked like she was the only one seriously having doubts about going. She looked back down to the little chimera that held onto her hand still, having glared at Xavier for a moment before returning his gaze to her. She swallowed hard, still unsure. But she really didn't want to be left here on her own either. And she had kinda said that she'd help Morris get strong again, this was probably the best way to go.

"C'mon," Morris said, tugging at her hand a little. "We'll all be there with you, so you don't have to be scared."

Nym looked from Morris to the others. These people had soon become the closest thing to friends she had, she had already abandoned them once in the middle of something scary and dangerous. She didn't want to run away again now, she wanted to be stronger, so that she could actually help next time. She didn't want to lose her only chance of true friends either. With a little shakey sigh, she nodded a little.

"I'll come," She said simply, still a little unnerved by the whole idea. But you had to face your fears to get over them, well that was what everyone else said.

Morris seemed to be grinning, beaming with happiness as she agreed to go with them, proud that she had been brave enough to take on that which scared her. He still held onto her hand, still trying to give her the courage to keep moving forwards.

= = =

Limbo, about 23 hours ago, as written by Astro_B0Y
((Sorry for the delay on my part...had to get over the first day of school hangover -_-. Still trying))

Alistair looked at all of them, a flicker in his golden gaze. Hearing each of them agree to follow him, brought a crooked smile to his face. And then, he turned around, facing back to the fog inside the door.

"Perfect, now it all begins." He stepped inside, waving for them all to follow them in. Xavier sighed, he talked big about heading in before, but a big part of him was still hesistant to enter.

"Phew..." The student clapped his hands against both of his cheeks, and proceeded to break into his ritual squats. Preston, seeing this, and remembering the behavior from last night, ran up beside the senior and did a few stretches of his own; he had to admit, they helped shake out the fear. "Alright, time to go." Xavier pounded his fists together, creating yet another involuntary spark of blue and red flame.

He didn't have to look behind him to make sure everyone was with him, something told me none of them would back out on him now. Jayx watched him pass by as the first to go in, she had to admit she was jealous that Xavier got in first, but she was going to be second. Frantically, she charged through the door, almost knocking Preston over in the process.

The freshman took a deep breath before stepping through himself, watching fearfully as the others dissapeared upon the thick blue fog. He gulped, feeling his legs grow heavy. "No...I have to go." Preston assured himself, and without looking back, he charged into the unknown, not giving any time for fear to take over.

The sensation of going through the door was as strange as one would expect. Somewhere between the instant he stepped through the door, and the instant his foot touched down on the inside of the strange foggy place, Xavier could have sworn he lost consciousness. And then, there was a blinding flash of light, and when he opened his eyes next, he was looking at an extremely run down shack in what felt like the middle of nowhere.

Ignoring the rundown complex for now, Xavier's true shock came from the space around him-- this was limbo? He was looking at two scenes, three if you counted where he stood now. The one, over head, a bright, calm looking city-- it's magnitude and features could have only belonged to 8-Bit. But the one below...it was dark, fearsome, supernatural and foreboding. From what he could see through the glass...ground? He stood upon the lower city was completely covered in a thick darkness, otherworldly creatures surrounded the skyscrapers...what was he looking at?

"Xavier...where are we?" Two swirls of light appeared behind him, and as those subsided, they were revealed to hold the forms of Jayx and Preston, their faces were pale, probably from nausea of the experience. Oddly enough, Xavier was feeling nothing of the sort. He figured he was probably going to get it something terrible later.

"Limbo I presume...looks like we're the first ones here..." Xavier answered him, crouching down to get a closer look at the 'dark' version of 8-Bit (at least what he thought it was). His eyes narrowed, trying to look past the thick clouds of darkness. "What the hell?" For just a brief moment, the senior caught just a glmipse of what appeared to be him...looking back at him through the darkness below. "Nah...just a reflection...must be." He rubbed the back of his neck, letting out a deep sigh. But reflections to smile back at you... Xavier thought with a temble.

"Name?" A voice called out from in front of them. They all looked towards the voice, it belonged to sleek looking man, dressed neatly in a tuxedo very similar to Alistair's. The fellow, who leaned coolly up against the wall of the rundown shack was pale of the skin, with long black hair that reached to his shoulders. His face was clean shavened, with a pair of dull golden eyes and a perpetualy uninterested coutenance. He had his arms crossed, but he still seemed ready to make use of the sheathed katana on his side.

"Name...?" Jayx cocked her head to the side, a bit confused. The man rolled his eyes, annoyed.

"Name. What, is this your first time here?" The bouncer let out a sigh of exhaustion, apparently he didn't enjoy the job.

"How the hell did kids like you make it through the Gate...?"

= = =
8-Bit City, about 22 hours ago, as written by EikouNekoChan
“Alright then, I'll take it." Xavier put a hand over his heart and seemed to accept her oath. It made her feel a litter better that she wasn’t in this alone. Not too long after, Preston agreed to come along, and Nym officially followed.

"Well then, have you all reached a consensus yet?” Alistair peeked back through the door to check on them, "Time is not a leisure of the elderly you know."

An agreement to follow brought a smile to the elderly man’s lips, and he simply said “Perfect, now it all begins,” before re-entering the portal and waving for them to follow.

Xavier began stretching by going through an odd squatting motion, one Preston imitated for a moment or two before Xavier stopped and began his sparking fist-pounds once more.

"Alright, time to go." He then turned and walked into the pale light beyond the doorway. Aemyle nearly flinched as he did so. Despite her vow, she was still wary of going into Limbo. It would seem that Jayx did not share that hesitance. She sped past the blonde freshman to follow Xavier. Preston, after a moment’s hesitation, followed.

Aemyle took a few steps toward the door, but froze before it, unwilling to go into a place of such dark stories. She glanced back at Nym, who seemed just as, if not more, hesitant to move forward as she. The singer heaved a sigh and turned her multi-colored eyes back to the pale blue fog before her. What lay beyond the fog was unknown, technically. The lore was vague about this place. Perhaps, with her new companions, she might live to tell the tale, to clarify Peregrinan lore on ‘Denr’ilma’. When she examined this adventure, discovery was definitely at its heart. How could any true Peregrin have such a mystery before them and refuse to investigate?

She would go. The alien turned back to Nym and flashed her a smile of encouragement.

“Do not fear, once you take a step towards courage, it will take a step towards you.” She said then took a deep breath and stepped into the mist.

The ground seemed existent at first, but then it felt like gelatin. She saw the odd realm for a moment before her vision blurred and her head began to pound with dizziness. Her eyes darted about for someone to lean on but no one was close enough. Her feet fell out from under her and her body collapsed to meet with the ground.

= = =

8-Bit City, about 13 hours ago, as written by Valor
Before long, Xavier, Jayx and Preston had all disappeared through the door of soft blue light, leaving only a few others behind. She watched as Aemyle stepped up next, turning back to look at her for a moment before approaching the door, pausing again to give her a message about courage before disappearing into the blue light.

Take a step towards courage, and it'll take a step towards me?

Nym wasn't all too sure what she meant exactly, but she couldn't back out now. Morris still held onto her hand, which she was thankful for. She was going to need someone to cling onto to get through the scary times. She gave Morris's claw a little squeeze, not wanting to hold onto him too tightly incase she hurt him - he was only small now, after all. She let out a heavy breath before stepping up to the door next, not wanting to be the last one to go through. She was always last at doing almost everything, this time she didn't want to be left till last.

"One small step for Morris, one big step for Nym..." She mumbled to herself, psyching herself up a bit before walking into the light. It became too bright to bare, and she had to close her eyes. For a moment, she didn't feel anything. She felt suspended in a void of nothingness, left to float around forever, though the feeling soon returned. She brought herself to open her eyes, a small wave of sickness hitting her, though nothing as bad as what she thought might happen. Nym looked down to her bag, checking on Morris, who was gazing around the place they were in now.

Her eyes were soon wandering too, looking up to see a city, and looking down to see almost the same city. The lower city didn't look exactly the same, it looked darker, though in a way Nym couldn't really describe. It unnerved her, but everything made her feel like that, and so she was starting to push that feeling away. It was beginning to aggrivate her.

At the sound of another voice, Nym brought her gaze back to everyone else. She saw the suited man asking them for names, suddenly asking them if they'd been in this place before.
"I don't think we'd look so confused if we had been here before..." She commented under her breath.

= = =

"Don't tell me this is your first time here...?" The golden eyed man groaned from his position up against the shack. Realizing the obvious answer, he moved on to simply observing their behavior as each one of them came through the Gate, each in a 'whirlwind' of light. Only one person's Gates had that type of behavior for those whom stepped through it: Alistair. At the revelation, the bouncer grimmaced, these must have been the kids Demetri wanted.

He watched as they all exhibited signs of nausea, something even he still had sometimes when stepping through Gates. But when he saw one of the girls pass out from the ordeal, he let out a dissapointed sigh. Were these children really the ones Demetri was trusting with the job.

"How did kids like you all make it through the Gate?" He asked, with a hint of anxiety in his voice.

"Who're you..? I'm getting real tired of random golden eyed folks popping up in my life." Xavier shot back; there was no doubt that all three of the mystery men they've ran into over the past 48 hours were all related, the eye color couldn't be a coincidence. "You're with Dread's and the Hatter aren't you?" His eyes narrowed in suspicion, a look that amused the bouncer.

"My name's Styx- though I could have sworn I asked you for your name's first...that's rude you know?" He shrugged, "You should check on your friend..." Styx dully pointed with his left bony index finger towards Aemyle, stretched out on the glass ground behind them. Xavier bit his lip upon seeing this, quickly hurrying to her side.

"She's fine, it's probably just a reaction to the Dimensional Dive." Xavier felt some relief at the bouncer Styx's words as he crouched down next to Aemyle, who was still unconscious at this point. "Judging by the looks of it, you all are the nine Demetri-Sama told us all about, then I won't waste any more time-- we could lose this opportunity." Preston was confused by what the tuxedo-wearing man was saying, what opportunity?

"An...opportunity?" Preston frowned.

"Yeah. Are you all aware that those fancy powers you all have aren't exclusive to your group? Demetri-Sama has located four others with the same type of techniques, and he's captured them in another Dimension." Styx smirked, clearly amused by the situation. "They're just students like you all are, but they're in leauge with a malevolent foe, we think it's the target Demetri-Sama was sent to your city to find and..." Preston gulped, they were going to have to fight? Other students? And they had powers, just like they did. But what if they were much stronger than they were?

"Are they strong?" Preston asked, his voice mighty shakey.

Styx smiled and nodded, a frightful gleam in his golden orbs, "Of course, they're in the middle of The Coliseum right now. They've been alive in there for at least a few hours now...they're bloody tough." His smile built into a toothy grin, which revealed his row of oddly sharp theeth, "Then again, Demetri-Sama wouldn't have gave this job to you all if he didn't believe in your ability..." Styx pushed himself off the wall and stepped forward just a bit.

Just like Maverick to push his job on us! He thought furiously. Jayx frowned, she was hoping to see Demi now, but whatever, she thought. They just had to deal with those four kids in the Coliseum thingy right? And then they could probably see him. She smiled peacefully at that conclusion, and began to shift side to side impatiently.

"So we're going through another one of those doors...?" Xavier asked from behind them, a bit concerned for everyone's safety.

"Nah, this one's a bit different-- you can't connect to other Dimensions outside of a system through a simple Gate, you have to use a type of Portal...Rift....ahh...it's all too complicated to go into right now, just head on through this," Styx snapped his fingers, generating a wispy black smoke beside him. It twisted and turned, and wove together to form a circular black 'rip' in the space immediately in front of the shack.

Preston gawked at the hole in space, making out the shape of a large arena on the inside-- the other kids with powers were in there...and they had to defeat them. If they were aligned with this foe, they must have been responsible for what's been going on in 8-Bit...he was ready.

"Know that if you deal with these four in here, you'll help to stabalize your world, and prevent incidents like what happened last night with the chimera from happening again in your city." Styx coolly leaned back against his spot against the shack wall, and shut his eyes, trying his best not to look interested in what they were all going to do.

"Becareful though, once you get in there, the students probably won't be your only foes."

At this, Preston sighed. It was a Coliseum after all, he'd be surprised if their weren't any monsters inside...they had to be ready just going in...but the didn't even have weapons on them-- what the hell could they do against the monsters and students? The blonde freshman inched closer towards the portal, a solemn look on his face.

"You'd be surprised what kind of dangerous weapons you could find on the floor of a Coliseum...just saying." Styx mumbled, loud enough for all of them to hear. Preston's eyes widened-- maybe they had a chance then. Just a hair away from the portal, he looked at all of them with a smile, they had to go sometime right?

"We can do this guys..." His face went red, clearly he wasn't prepared to give a speech of any sort. "I mean...heh..." The boy nervously twisted one of his blonde locks around his finger, trying to find something inspiring to say. But before he knew it, Jayx was already headed into the portal, a cheery look on her face.

"Heheh, let's go!" She said, diving head first into the wide rip in space. Styx, and Preston both watched her perform the feat in awe, clearly not used to her Jayx-ness (apparently Styx was more interested in them than he led on to be).

"Well then, that's one way to go about it. Why don't you all follow her? Like I said, we may never have an opportunity like this again." Styx smirked, amused by it all. Preston nodded, a fire was now in his blue eyes, Jayx had inspired him.

"Right...ok. I'm going." He stepped back just a bit, giving himself some room. And then, letting out a breath that held all his inhibitions, charged forward, disappearing into the darkness of the rift.

"Sheesh....those two sure are excited..." He spoke from his position next to the singer, who must have been close to coming around- based on Styx's diagnosis. "But they're right though, we should get moving." Xavier wasn't crazy about the idea of fighting other students, but if they were allied with Dread's target...they had to be dealt with right? Maybe they just had to beat them to a pulp, and let Dread's swoop in and 'rewrite' them like he did Moe? Yeah...that sounds right.

"We'll just rough em' up right?" He didn't ask the question to Styx though, he just recited the words, looking down at Aemyle. The senior sighed, he couldn't worry about it now, it was time to get moving.

"What's this?! A strange flash of light on the floor? Is this some sort of spell from or five fighters...or something else?" The announcer Icarus exclaimed from his resting position on a cloud, just above the arena floor. The crowd bursted into a fit of electric excitment upon the reveal of what caused the flashing light, two newcomers, both looked equally unreliable, and full of blood to watch spalsh on the ground. More gore! More screams! More action! This was going to be a great day to be a spectator.

"Jayx...we're here!" Preston's eyes darted around, oblivious to the conflict going on just in front of him between five bodies and a pack of ravenous wolves. The freckled, space-cadet didn't respond, she seemed to be lost in her mind's world at this point.

Oh no...this setting...it's going to cause him to come up isn't it? He groaned, almost fearful. Somewhere inside Jayx's mind, yet another one of Jayx's imaginary friends were beginning to stir. A tune of extreme adventure and courage played in her mind, the fear of battle only made her heart begin to beat faster and faster. BRAAAAAAAAVE!!! Kid hollered, unlocking the last latch on the door that held the personality back.

Appearing in a mass of dazzling stars and spirals behind her was a tall, athleticaly built man. He was dressed just like a pirate, an eyepatch on his right eye, striped red vest, complete with no shirt, a pair of baggy striped trousers and black, extemely worn boots-- he even worse a bandana on his head, atop his long, scarggly black mane.

"Jayx! I smelled a fight, and I just had to come on out! Allow me to aid you and bring ye the spoils of victory! It's what us warriors do!" The fighter bellowed, beaming with pride as he stepped beside Jayx. He grabbed hold of the cutlass strapped to his waist and adopted a bloodthirsty gaze in his eyes. "Hawhawhaw! They'll all fall by my blade! Just watch me Jayx!" And with that, the pirate charged off towards the fray, not even knowing what his target was.

"Okay Brave! Have fun!" Jayx waved to her friend as he ran and sunk his blade deep within one of the first beasts he came across. They were all oblivious to the gates in front of them which were slowly rising...it looked like round two was going to start soon.

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:15 pm

September 1st

Uncontrollable

Charlotte stepped through the shimmering portal after her friends. A wave of minor nausea passed through her stomache; was it from her earlier tiger-shift or from walking into a space both mystifying and scary? A well-dressed man introduced himself as Styx, and muttered to Xavier and the others. Charlotte heard them, but didn't process the words; she was looking around and taking in this breath-taking space. Directly above her was a replica of something that looked like 8-Bit City in a glass bubble. Below her was a dark, shadowy reflection of the city above her head. In the lower city, creatures and monsters prowled around the skyscapers.

The Junior looked up just as Jayx and Preston dissapeared into a new rip of space. It was dark and purple and twisting, like a lava lamp, almost. Styx stepped back as Xavier jumped in after them, and the man in the suit gestured with his hands for her to follow. Looking back at Aemyle, Styx saw her worry, and said, "Don't worry, I'll make sure your friend follows as well."

Charlotte nodded, and, after a moment's hesitation, carefully stepped through the rip...

...Ending up in the heat of battle, in an enormous Colliseum, filled with cheering people screaming for the blood of the new participants and the five others blocking, kicking, and attacking through a pack of wolves.

She barely saw Jayx wave as some pirate-like-man ran into the chaos. A huge wolf with wide eyes filled with crazy hunger had left the ground, heading towards her. Instinctively, Charlotte ducked, the wolf flying over her and landing with a thud. He wasn't done yet, though. And she was only just beginning.

Charlotte transformed into her tiger form, with ease this time- then thought better. Let's try something new...

The stripes dissapeared, the orange turned to gray, the snout became longer, the tail more shaggy- she was a wolf.

Her attacker was only stunned for a second. It leaped for her again, mouth agape, and tried to get a hold of her arm. He succeeded, but that's what she wanted. Charlotte yanked her paw out of his jaws and jumped onto his back. She pinned him and rolled him over, claws ripping the flesh as it happened. Once on his back, the wolf was done for, helpless. She went for the jugular, teeth snapping closed on the vital vein. His life ended quickly, blood staining his neck fur and the ground.

Charlotte stood. She looked around.

Charlotte was the attacker now, and the rest were prey.

Charlotte's hunger for blood dripping between her teeth and sound of bones snapping in her ears grew; it was all she wanted.

Charlotte picked her next victim, and attacked

= = =

# 8-Bit City, about 23 hours ago, as written by EikouNekoChan
Slowly, her sense of hearing began to work again. She heard the voices of those around her, though she did not make much sense of it. She caught something about going somewhere and fighting, but the first clear thing she heard was a foreign voice saying "Don't worry, I'll make sure your friend follows as well."

Her multicolored eyes blinked open to see a city from below, and as she took stock of her surroundings, she discovered that it was 8-Bit. After blinking a couple of times she pushed herself into a sitting position, which, upon seeing the gatekeeper, quickly turned into a crouching position with her gun drawn.

“Who are you?” She asked, “Where are my companions?”

= = =

Rio noticed a flash of light coming from the opposite side of the colosseum but had no time to inspect it as a wolf tried to take a bite out of his leg. He spun to the side and planted the new spike into the wolf's skull as it skid across the ground. Now, out of immediate danger, Rio had time to observe the two people who had just appeared. One of the newcomers transformed into a tiger making Rio jump. Then, as the tiger transformed into a wolf, a new dilemma came up. Were all of the wolves just transformed people? That would mean that I am a murderer. I have never killed anyone before, or have I? And why am I feeling so alive? Am I actually enjoying this? Well, I have always been put down for the enjoyment of others, It's my turn. What do i care if these are people or not? I deserve to be happy, and if killing makes me happy, then that's what I'll do. With his mind now made up, Rio gripped his weapon tighter and charged into the fray. He Swung down hard and placed the spike into the side of a wolf causing it to yelp and turn. As it's head turned around Rio placed his hand right between the ears and fried it's brain. He was getting pumped!

(if this conflicts at all with any main plots, let me know and I'll edit it)

= = =

8-Bit City, about 13 hours ago, as written by Valor
{{N!ghtmare, you put a link like that up by writing [url=enterurlhere]Title[/url] just paste the url in where it says enterurlhere. (:}}

Nym watched everyone do their own thing, the man in the tux, Styx, talking about others like themselves. It worried her that they weren't the only ones with these powers, wondering how many others there were out there that hadn't been discovered with powers just yet. She watched as Preston and Jayx disappeared into the door to the colessium, glancing to Xavier and Aemyle with a questionning look. Should she walk through too, or wait for them?

"Nym, lets go in."

She looked down to see Morris gazing back up at her with his big proud eyes. It looked like he was ready for a fight. He wanted to get stronger again, she knew that, and he had asked for her help in that. She was once again a little nervous about being involved in this, seeing as she hadn't even found her power yet. It wasn't like she could fight with a weapon either, so her chances were slim. She wouldn't be able to get any stronger if she didn't try though.

After psyching herself up again, Nym nodded once, a sudden fire behind her eyes as she pushed the fear aside for once, stepping up to the gate next and disappearing through it to the other side. The next instant, she seemed to be in the middle of a battle. She ducked automatically as a wolf leapt towards her, the wolf going over her and landing nearby; snarling at her.

Another child, easy pickings.

Another voice, this time darker than the ones she heard before. And it wasn't telling her to run away. This one sounded like it was going to attack her, just like the wolf was. Then it seemed to make some sort of sense. Perhaps it was the wolf saying it, after all the could talk, just in their own little language, right? Perhaps she was hearing the wolf language. Perhaps that was her power?

Nym looked around on the dusty round. Styx had said something about finding stuff on the ground, and so she was searching for something to defend herself with.

No more waiting!

The wolf seemed to cry as he leapt for her again, Nym squealing in reaction and diving out of the way of the wolf's claws and fangs.

= = =

8-Bit City, about 8 hours ago, as written by LaularuKyrumo
All at once, the battle around Valor seemed to simply explode. They had been winning, it had seemed, and slowly the wolves had been weakened as a group. Easy pickings for the skeletons, and anyone else who was able to get a wolf that was distracted. However, when the other team entered... Valor simply stopped and stared, his power activating instinctively to give him more time to analyze what was going on here. Newcomers... Perhaps they were the other team Demetri had warned them about? If that was the case, then it was merely a massive stroke of luck that they were also attacking the wolves. They had the right idea, too--dismantle the neutral party so that each side could focus on the other. And with attackers from both sides, the wolves could be surrounded and cornered more easily--especially with the teeming mob of bones and fists that had been summoned earlier.

Valor immediately began taking stock. One of the girls seemed to be some sort of shapeshifter--that would make fighting her nearly impossible in direct combat. A surprise attack would be best, and from multiple flanks. Failing that, she should be taken away from the main fight and be repeatedly charged by varying party members, with the intent of forcing her to transform repeatedly and rapidly. This should tire her out swiftly. As for another of the girls, she seemed to be of limited concern, or at least hadn't displayed/discovered her power yet. She seemed to be more interested with flailing and squealing under the attack of those dreaded canines than actually fighting back, and this would make her easy pickings--if anyone could be diverted from the main fight. This would be a job for the Skeletor Squad.

The third girl appeared to be a summoner of some sort. She would have to be contained in some way as well, but of most concern would be those she brought forth. The pirate-looking thing could be quite dangerous if it got distracted from the wolf slaughterfest, so it would have to be supplied with a steady stream of these beasts. Wait a minute, that could work! A new stroke of brilliance came across Valor's mind. Letting time return to normal for him, he began to shout orders again while stomping on his own wolf's head, trying to dislodge a fang he could use for stabbing its neck and finishing it.

"Okay, new plan, guys. Joel, send a couple skeletons to go harass Blondie ((Nym)), and have the rest goad the pack into going after the pirate guy that summoner chick ((Jayx)) called up. And keep an eye out for the shifter! ((Charlotte)) If you find a wolf that acts strange, try and get it to shift! We need to tire her out, do NOT engage her directly!"

= = =
8-Bit City, about 6 hours ago, as written by N!ghtmare Tra!n
"Okay, new plan, guys. Joel, send a couple skeletons to go harass Blondie, and have the rest goad the pack into going after the pirate guy that summoner chick called up. And keep an eye out for the shifter! If you find a wolf that acts strange, try and get it to shift! We need to tire her out, do NOT engage her directly!"

She had just finished snapping the neck of another wolf. It was frail with hunger, so it was an easy kill. Charlotte almost felt sorry for the pitiful creature. But with her sensitive ears, she heard this boy's voice of the chaotic screams and growls. It made her angry. The shifter? He thinks he can tire me out! That plan won't work! I need to protect the others!

Her human thoughts slightly made her paws turn to fingers, but she quickly held them off and ran to Nym, who was dodging a wolf, but not attacking. Charlotte got at a closer distance, then left the ground in one fluid leap. She tackled the wolf and pushed him to the ground. This was almost down to a science.

Steps to an successful kill:

1. Run, jump, tackle- try to break legs on the way down.
2. Pin target with belly up.
3. Rough 'em up with some claw wounds.
4. Break. The. Jugular.

Charlotte did just that, but on step three, the wolf pushed her back with his good leg (she had broken the back left) and she fell back at Nym's feet. Did the scared girl know who she was? There was no chance to wonder more, because the muscular wolf got to his paws and charged. Charlotte pushed Nym out of the way and in that time took a long gash down her side from the wolf.

Charlotte growled and turned. The two wolves, hackles raised and heads down, lips drawn and fangs baring, circled in a stand-off. Niether made a move, except their slow & carefully placed paws, dragging them in circular rotation. They waited, anticipating that other would make the first move. Both were bleeding badly, though the real wolf had more wounds to heal than Charlotte, her fur, too, was soaked in red.

Still, no wolf attacked.

= = =

The Coliseum, about 3 hours ago, as written by Astro_B0Y
Xavier watched as each one of them stepped into the rift, one after another, and then he looked back down to Aemyle, not wanting to leave her alone in such a strange, most likely hostile place. A few moments after all but the two of them left, Xavier spotted a new reflection in the glass – it was Styx, with an almost fatherly look in his eyes.

"Don't worry kid, I'll make sure your friend follows too." The bouncer had his arms, crossed, but motioned with his head for the senior, who had a few inches of height on him, to head for the rift behind them. “Your pals’ll need you.” Xavier looked from Styx, than back towards the singer. He then let out a deep sigh, as much as he hated to admit it, the tuxedo-wearing fellow was right; he couldn’t let them be down a fighter.

“Fine, fine. Don’t try anything funny alright?” Styx chuckled at Xavier’s advisory, “I’m serious
it’s always the guy that wears a tux as street clothes, that you can’t trust.” He rose up from his kneeling position next to Aemyle. With a groan he stretched each one his arms, trying to work out the ‘kinks’.

“Hurry up already, it’s not good to keep a Rift open for too long, it screws with the Equilibrium.” Xavier didn’t follow at all what the bouncer was going on about; instead, he leapt into the rift with a goofy grin on his face, ready for a fight.

After a while, the former stillness of Limbo returned, and Styx, with a tired context, took a seat on the glass, legs crossed, sheathed katana propped up against his erect body. He was so still it looked as if he was meditating. Eventually, the green haired girl began to stir from her rest, albeit, a bit put off by the fellow’s presence.

“Who are you?” Aemyle asked, “Where are my companions?” She had her weapon drawn. Styx noticed it as a weapon foreign to the dimension she should have been from. Pushing his new found suspicion of the character aside, he held up both of his hands, urging her to relax.

“I’m Styx, I watch of Demetri-Sama’s place while he’s away. You’re friends are taking care of the business he has for you all, a battle against students just like them—I mean, you all,” He quickly tried to correct himself, still mulling over the girl’s weapon in his mind, “If you’re feeling up to it, you’re probably needed in the fray as well.” Styx pointed with his thumb towards the open rift a few feet behind him. “I’d like to explain more in depth, but you’ll understand that leaving something like that open for too long can be hazardous.” The sitting man let out a breath, “So, you feel like putting up your dukes? Err
barrel?” He laughed awkwardly.

Overcast/Before the Battle

Xavier’s feet touched down on the soft sand of the Coliseum floor. It was loud here, real loud. The sound of different metals cutting through flesh and fur, the roar of the crowd, and even a few familiar voices—his comrades? Or

The dust kicked up from his touching down began to settle as he himself rose up from the crouched position he was in upon regaining consciousness from traveling the Rift. Yet again, he felt none of the nausea that the others felt upon switching dimensions, was he just lucky? Maybe he was just blessed with an iron stomach. None of that mattered though. As the last of the dirt and dust cleared from his vision, he laid eyes upon the fray, his comrades, a pack of wolves and
?

Joel, Don, and Naydelle? Three students from his homeroom. What the hell? He thought, distraught. Was this some kind of joke? They can’t be
they’re really the ones we have to fight? He saw two other students he didn’t notice, that made five, either Dreads made a mistake with his math, or gaining followers—Followers? What am I thinking? Xavier shook his head, Nah
I’ve got class with those three
they’re just like us
 Styx’s words from earlier flashed through his mind.

”Four students, just like you all, have been captured by Demetri-Sama. They’ve allied with the target he’s been sent to 8-Bit to find
” Xavier frowned, disheartened by the recollection. He still couldn’t make sense of it, but he didn’t have time to, because before he knew it, a set of fangs dripping with saliva was flying his way. Quickly, his left hand iced over, a mustering all his might, he plowed his fist into the snout of the beast. It toppled back with a yelp, squirming about on the ground in pain.

“Shit
” Xavier called off the ice from his hand, though it didn’t feel like anything was around them, he still found it awkward to walk around with a huge block of ice around one’s writing hand. He looked forward, still hesitant to attack people he knew, “It’s not like we’ve got an opening to attack them now anyway. Handle the neutral group first
and then
” The senior bit his lip, knowing full well what came next. “ Auuugh!” He hollered, charging forward into all of the chaos.

Jayx was still in her former spot, watching Brave with a child-like wonder. She hadn’t seen the warrior in action for some time, seeing how He made her hide him away because of the ‘danger’ he often caused them to get in. It was entertaining, watching how easily his blade cut through the wolves. He had the grace of a dancer, but struck like a freight train. He however, watched the fighter with a sour expression, put off by his savage remarks as he cut the attackers down.

“He doesn’t even notice that the other party is pointing them on him
” He said with some sort of awe at Brave’s
what was it? Courage or stupidity? Maybe both. With his peripheral, he noticed one of the beasts sizing up the oblivious Jayx. With an aggravated sigh, he gently shoved the girl out of the way and lifted one long leg in the air, preparing to bring down the hammer, “Jayx, honestly, pay attention to your surroundings, and not just one thing! First rule of battle!” He let down his leg like a guillotine. There was so much force behind it one could hear the bones in the creature’s skull cracking, needless to say, it was done for the day.

“Haha, okay!” Jayx giggled at Him.

“Brave, would it kill you focus on something other than the small fry?!” He hollered, trying to get the pirate to recognize the bigger threats.

“Ha-ha-haw! My blade leads me Mate! I follow ‘er wherever she goes!” This answer only caused Him to grow even more irritated, obviously Brave was ignoring Him.

“I cannot STAND him!”

Back to Xavier, as he charged forward, he drew the attention of three of the four-legged terrors. The rushed him, expecting such a large target to be lacking when it came to agility-- normally, they were right, but ever since last night, Xavier was feeling a lot lighter. With a gasp at his attackers, the large senior ducked as the leader leaped at him, but not without throwing his right hand into the air, which was now surrounded by a raging inferno. The dog's entire pelt let up with flames, and needless to say, that one was out of the way. The other two went with a shadier approach, charging for the spell-slinger's legs.

Quickly, Xavier swept his left leg across the ground, tripping one of the beasts up, while positioning him just out of the way of the other, allowing it to stumble head first into the dirt arena floor. The student let out a breath and stepped to the side, trying to gather his barrings for a counter attack.

"They're thinning out...we're going to have to come to blows soon..." Xavier concluded, looking as the numbers of thew wolves began to dwindle, a bit unnerved.

((I'm going through a Soul Eater phase, so don't be surprised if a lot of my tunes are from the anime xD))

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!