Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Duel Academy

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Duel Academy (RP Only Cards)

a part of “Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Duel Academy”, a fictional universe by organizedchaos.

Welcome to the Duel Academy! Keep your deck handy because these students are always ready for a duel!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Duel Academy”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Duel Academy (RP Only Cards)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Okay people! This is where you may post card ideas for use after the 'Prototype Cards' storyline.

There's a few rules:

1) You make make any card type: Monsters, Spells, Traps and all their little subtypes. That includes Synchro Monster, Fusion Monsters, Quick Play Spell Cards and Counter-Traps. You CANNOT make a new sub type.

2) Remember you're only posting an idea. If the card is deemed too cheap it won't go through. We will moderate the card ideas up and suggest adjustments to balance it out.

3) Balance it out yourself before posting it here. If the card is deemed too powerful or too weak we will suggest adjustments; we won't outright say 'no'.

4) Costs. The stronger the card you want, the higher the cost or difficulty to bring it out. Want a monster with 4000ATK? You better make it non-special summonable or tribute x amount of monsters or lose x amount of life. The higher the cost/difficulty, the more we'll allow for cheaper effects.

5) Remember: You may suggest as many as you want, but at the end of this all you may only keep ONE. If Emily gets another shipment one day we can allow another.

6) Have fun. You get to design a card for use in the Roleplay! Make it count!
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Re: [OOC] Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Duel Academy (RP Only Cards)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby organizedchaos on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:32 pm

Here is the first of the RP-only cards to be featured in the second season of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Duel Academy. It is Kamon's signature card: God of Eight Banners - Hachiman.

godofeightbannershachiman.jpg
(172 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

organizedchaos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:45 pm

hey do we have to design the card exactly like you're Chaos

jackrules158
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestral on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Sorry I havent posted in a while, I have been really busy rehearsing.

Name: Naturia Panther
Attribute: Earth
Level: 9
Card type: Effect Monster
Description: A large black panther wearing plant armor.
Type: Beast/effect
Atk: 2600 Def: 1600
Effect: This card cannot be special summoned, except from the hand, or graveyard, by tributing one level four or higher Naturia monster and paying 1500 lifepoints. Once per turn, you can discard the top three cards of your deck to destroy one spell or trap card your opponent controls. You can tribute this card and pay 1000 life points to destroy all cards on the field.

Any thoughts/comments/Ifuckinghatethiscardandyoukestral?

Kestral
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:28 pm

here's my card:
Image any comments it seem pretty fair to me
O o
/¯/__________________________________________ _\
| IMMA FIREN MAH LAZAH, BLARRRRRRGGGHH!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯/

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:56 pm

For jack, I think it's okay to do it how Kestral did it for an appeal. For a final product it'd be nice to see the full card.

For Kestral I'd like to say: nicely done. Very balanced. Though I'd suggest reducing the monster level to 8, and either removing the special summoning from the hand or graveyard ability. I suggest only picking one because it's still pretty easy to bring out. In return you can reduce the lifepoint cost for summoning it to 800.

For Blazer I'm gonna say it's a little overpowered. Getting it out is fine; however you need to adjust the attack and effects accordingly. You've either have to remove the unaffected by trap cards ability or change the next ability from 'destroy a card on the field' to destroy either a monster or a card in the spell/trap zone. Also, you're going to have to add that the latter ability can only be used once per turn.

For future final card appeals, you should know the designer, the name in the bottom right corner, should be 'Eric Jenson' considering it's Emily's dad.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:02 pm

okay I can try but I don't how to do that you know make the card and effect appear on a premade card

jackrules158
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:37 pm

i'll make the changes and jack the website used to make the cards is yugiohcardmaker.net

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:17 pm

is this better Image

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:56 pm

How would we find a good picture?
I have no beginning, I have no end...
So you're a circle?!

Brantley92
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:59 pm

Name:Harpie Queen
Attribute:Wind
Level: 8
Card type: Effect Monster
Description: Looks like cyber harpie
Type: Winge Beast/effect
Atk: 2900 Def: 2500
Effect: This card cannot be normal summoned or set unless a Harpie Lady, Harpie Lady Sisters, or Harpies Brother is removed from play. When this card is on the field you can sacrifice this card to special summon A harpies pet dragon from your hand deck or graveyar.

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:11 am

google

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:15 am

what do ya'll think of my Harpie Queen

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:23 am

For blazer, actually no that's worse. Completely immune to spells, traps and monster effects? That's pretty unfair for some decks that don't have such huge creatures. The attack is perfect, but the ability is just a flat out no. Pick only one to be immune to. But, you can still have that 'discard one card to destroy one card on the field' but it should be set to only being usable once per turn.

For jack, nicely done! That sounds just about perfect. Could you add it so a Harpie Lady, Harpie Lady Sisters, or Harpies Brother plus another creature is removed from play? Essentially if you have a harpie in your graveyard and lets say baby dragon, you have to remove them both. Otherwise, perfect.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:30 am

This card cannot be normal summoned or set unless a Harpie Lady, or Harpie Lady Sisters that is equiped with the spell card Cyber Shield is removed from play. When this card is on the field you can sacrifice this card to special summon A harpies pet dragon from your hand deck or graveyar.

what do you think of that it makes the card a little bit harder to summon

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:30 am

'starts to choke redraine'
gyah fine here (not gonna do the picture untill the final copy is agreed on)
Immune to traps, Once per turn by discarding a card you can destory a monster on your opponents side of the field.

I'd be happy to make the cards for you guy in you want just give me a describtion and i'll try to get a match

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:39 am

oh jake you got to change the name 'Harpie Queen' is already a real card

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:44 am

damn you 5d's fine it's name is Harpie Princess

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:45 am

For jack, what? I offered that you just send two monsters, one being a harpie lady, harpie lady sister, or brother and one being whatever other creature out of play. Considering its effect that seems pretty balanced enough already. The cyber shield thing would be a little easy considering you can summon a harpy, equip it, then BAM the queen is out on turn one. Also... Search it up. Harpie Queen is already a card. You may wanna pick a different name.

For blazer, perfect. xD And just to mention... I thought it was a typo in the first one but it should be 'destroy'.
Last edited by RedRaine on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:53 am

yeah I didn't know because i refuse to pay attention to 5ds anyways okay so the final effect shall be you must remove the harpie lady,cyberharpie or harpie lady sisters and Birdface from play and you can sacrifice it in order to bring out Harpies pet dragon from hand deck or graveyard

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!