Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Darkstar Chronicles

The Darkstar Chronicles

a part of “The Darkstar Chronicles”, a fictional universe by gaiadarkstar.

Gavilla is a world parellel to Earth where magic is common. Dark forces are gathering and the Queen of Crix has sent out a request for recruits to come and not only protect the weak but put a stop to the fear and bring a little light to the darkness.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Darkstar Chronicles”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Darkstar Chronicles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Hello there. I hope we all use this well. Here is where I want ooc discussions about the plot, characters, or any other info related to "The Darkstar Chronicles". Also all characters are subject to approval so if uncertain first post them here and I will look them over. Any questions are also welcome.

Here is some more character info
Magic – mainly based on the elements but use your imagination. Here are the basic ones…
Fire- power /control over fire, produce fire, mesmerize someone, control them (depends on mind power)
Water-control and create water, underwater breathing, walk on water, scry, healing
Wind- control and create wind, fly, far speak (send speech on the wind)
Earth- make plants grow and control them, move earth (create fissures, earthquakes)
Light- create light, control light, use it to create illusions, resurrection of dead, turn undead, detect evil, healing
Dark- control and create darkness, use chaotic forces as a weapon, control dead dolls
Mind- these are varied and some people only have one or two of these powers. You can not learn these you are born with them but you can learn to improve what you already have. Mind control/ telepathy, telekinesis; see the future/past/ present
All of these have some way to transport, use imagination

Characters
There are many different races that you can be in this game and different nationalities. A few examples of races …
Basic and Magic races
There are many different groups very similar to those we have on earth but like they were in medieval times but there are some differences.

The Greeks- this is like they truly were in it’s hey-day and in the same location but they are sort of a combination of Greece and Rome together, so they have an emperor and currently the emperor is Yurates the third.

The Land of the rising sun, China- Also has an emperor or empress or both. Today it is ruled by their eminences Lei Win and Chai Sai. China rules over Taiwan and all the smaller regions surrounding the main country. They also control the secret of black powder. Characters with powers of chi would most likely come from here.

Japan- This country is ruled by warlords who hire ninjas and samurai to police their different holdings. This includes Korea and surrounding areas. Ninja can just use tricks but there are also many mystical techniches they can use that are almost like magic and in many ways are. Samari too have special techniques that can make them super fast and very lethal.

Egypt- Again is ruled by a pharaoh who can be male or female or both together. At this time it is ruled by Rashida. Egypt has many necromancers since their religion focuses a lot on the afterlife so characters from here might be able to use the book of the dead, or the necronomican.

Spain, England, and France- Each has both a King and Queen and these three countries are constantly fighting or allying with each other to battle one of the other countries. Spain is about at the time of the conquestadors, very (Zorro in feel but no guns), England not only has people like the muskateers, but also this is where many of the fae originated so many still live in that area like the druids and fairies. France is a laid back country and tends to have many artists, poets, and a taste for the romantic.
(Similar ideas for the other countries I have not mentioned)
Don’t forget Vikings, These guys could have some interesting attributes.

werewolves, and vampires do exist though because of magic and strength the older ones are immune to things like sun, holy relics, and garlic – those will often kill a younger vampire though.
Atlantis also exists hidden in the Mediterranean and only natives know how to find it.
America
Native American’s- are as they were in the Wild West or right before. Strong and virile and with a strong mystical connection. Many in this group are born shape changers.
There are many Kingdoms scattered over north and South America. Crix is roughly centered and is kind of the governing force for much of North America. Though there are some rival kingdoms or kingdoms that are neutral. There are also the wandering gypsies and the Amazons and the druids.

The magic races try to stay away from civilization. For example Dragons live in mountains and caves. Shape-shifters (cats, wolves, other) Prefer deep woods or swamps. Dwarfs also like caves but do have villages run by a council that are located on many continents. Dwarves are well known for their gifts as great smiths and miners and most dwarves can spot a real gem a mile away.
Halflings are sometimes hermits but do often live in the main cities. Light elves are everywhere. Some are druidic and live in forests and others live in huge fantastical cities. One such city is the City of Gershawn; it is one of the few Elvin cities that welcomes scholars from all over to study in their well known universities and libraries. Dark elves tend to live secretively and not many of their cities are easy to find.
We also have the Catia-They are cat people. These people are extremely agile and fast. (make very good spies or thieves)
Fox people- These people are elitists. They have a huge empire in Arlina(Australia) but they have cities all over the world. They are great fighters. They see their civilization as the ultimate and want to dominate the world. (conquerors)
Seraphin- These look like angels. These too are an arrogant people. They have built many towering cities either in mountaintops or some are floating cities. They tend to keep to themselves and don't really pay attention to the troubles outside their doors.
Drow-These tend toward evil and mainly stick to the underdark (a massive underground city spread all over with secret entrances in all sorts of places.
Eldar_ Almost immortal and highly magical and wise. These people were there when the world began and know many secrets. They reside in a magical place hidden from normal view called Avalon.
Elves- Many different groups and styles here. Wood elves, Sun elves and more.
Spider people-Spidrons- These vary in size shape and alignment. Some of the more humanoid ones though have been known to be helpful. They are gifted weavers and very fast and agile and almost impossible to find if they want to be hidden.

Also variations and combinations are possible such as Dragon/human –ex

Name- Darien
Gender- male
Race- 1/3 dragon 2/3 human
Age- 17
Fighting style/powers- knows various martial arts including archery and sword fighting but his main focus is his magic and sword fighting. He mainly has fire type magic but can use light, dark, and wind magic. He also has many mind powers because of his draconian heritage.

Job- he is a scribe who lives and works at the library in Gershawn
Personality/history- He was born in Atlantis but was brought to Gershawn when he was only two. He learned the ancient language young and started helping his father in the library when he was only five. He is very smart and confident in his fighting and knowledge and knows he is good looking. He is serious most of the time and has a strong sense of duty and honor. He does know how to be charming and is well versed in the courtly dances and politics. He knows how to tease but seldom shows his playful side in public.

Appearance- He is six foot tall, lean and muscular. He has chin length wavy black hair and blue eyes. He can transform into a dragon, although it takes a lot of magic for him to do. As a Dragon he is Ten feet long and shimmering scales of sapphire blue and Silvery blue eyes.

(If someone wants to play him you can talk to me but he won't appear until much later and he has a particular style)
There are a lot of races and even more if you make up one yourself. use your imagination and I don't want to see twelve dragons in the party. Lets try to make things interesting.
Worlds without end visualised, sketched, and written. From my mind and imagination to yours.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] The Darkstar Chronicles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Veld on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Looks interesting...
I'm making a character for this storyline.
I was wondering though, is necromancy allowed in this storyline?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Veld
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:08 pm

Yes indeed but be aware that will cause suspicion in both the party and npc's. It will be harder to gain trust. As long as you are aware of that whatever you want to do is fine. Welcome to the rp.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Veld on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:11 am

Who needs trust when you have mind control? -Evil grin-

Veld
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:03 am

tsk tsk none of that now. I could say you could attempt to put illusions of such into someones head or try to control them but like everything else it would depend on how they reacted. This looks like it will be very interesting.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:41 pm

So I made the first intro post and look forward to seeing who else joins us and what will happen. I have a feeling this will be fun.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Veld on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:44 am

I'm having trouble making my mind up. I want to play a mage...kinda... but i want to play a rogue as well... decisions decisions... I don't know i will figure it out.

Veld
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Why not combine them somehow. Like a thief that can do magic. It could be interesting. As long as the type of magic makes sense like for example you could caste a spell to make you move silently or caste knock to open a door. You probably wouldn't have any really devastating spells but you could pick an element or two and focus on a few small spells. I mean it makes sense that an enterprising thief might have infiltrated a magic school or just have a natural talent and use it to his or her advantage. You could even be an interesting race to add to that like a Catia. Quick agile high in dexterity. The perfect thieves. Just as long as the character is well balanced and not overpowered it should be fine. Use your imagination and don't stick to the norms.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Submitted Charrie... I will work on him some more...

(Hi Gaia!)
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:49 pm

Charrie? Well I will take a look. Good to see you here Talis.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Well Gaia, As you know I will not miss out on a chance to try this RP again. I am so sorry for dropping out of the old one. It was very successful, I will do my best in this one as well.

Nanase
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:16 pm

No running off this time ok. Welcome to the reboot, it's good to have you. It will be interesting to see what character you play this time.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:26 pm

..... a vampire this time.... not a haldbreed dragon....

it's still a loli XD

And I will not run off :(

Though I do still plan to torment Talis XD

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:03 am

lol don't forget you too will find it hard to gain trust and have good and reasonable strengths and weaknesses. Here is how I see vamps. Vampires are a separate species alien in origination and can have children but it is rare and a couple may only have one child over the course of centuries. Some of the pure bloods, I call them wanted to strengthen their numbers and discovered two ways to do so. One was having children with a human woman. The woman would almost always die but the child would be born with many different strengths that the pure bloods didn't have. The pure bloods are super fast, can change shape, and have many powers of the mind, but when they got here they found the sun to be deadly to them. But the children were immune, though they didn't have as much strength or power as their parents. The pures are pale and ethereal in their beauty. The children are still beautiful but look more like humans with softer angles and more peachy skin but they were like idols among humans. Another weakness the pures have is a need for blood though they don't need it too often it is necessary to take some at regular intervals. The longer they stayed on Earth the more they realized that they lived much longer than humans and the weakness to the sun and need for blood lessened the longer they stayed. The children though almost never need blood.
The next way to increase numbers is to suck the blood from a mortal and exchange some of their own with the victim. This new creature is undead and can only be killed by fire or cutting of it's head. It craves blood voraciously and can charm it's victims as well as fly. It can also die if exposed to sun(will disintegrate). These creatures are less and less powerful if they are "infected" by other vampires further and further from a pure blood.
If just bitten and not drained a human can also become a ghoul- they are essentially a slave to the one who bit them and must do whatever that person says but not much about them has changed other than a taste for human flesh and aversion to holy water and crosses. These can go out in the day.
If anyone else is interested in vamps I don't mind one or two more but would prefer to have more variety, but it is good if everyone knows this so if you come across one you know what I am talking about.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:28 pm

spot on awesome character nanase! I loved her. I can't wait til someone posts. I have done the opening so despite how I want talis to post next as Khaleem I don't mind if someone else wants to join in. Others make sure to have good histories like Nana's ( I will call you that if you don't mind). where you are from and what training you might have had and why you are near crix and if you heard or saw the recruitment notices why did you want to join. I hope to see a post from someone else soon.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Before we get too involved in the IC, I just wish to put something here for my benefit.

The link to the Roleplay tab. When I get to looking at the Roleplays, I usually go to the first page where the link to the IC is the first post... Yeah. This ways it's easier for me.
Last edited by Talisman on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Well, Avani is a normal vampire child, though I Gaia I would have to disagree with you on the skin tone. The originals would be very pale but generations of inbreeding among humans would have muddled that color. Each group would take on the racial features of whatever demographic they lived in after a long time.

Thank you for the compliment :3 I hope you don't mind if Avani is slightly different from that explanation, She fits in someways but she's not pure white and such. You mentioned that the purebred children don't need much blood. However, how often would they need to obtain new blood? Once a month? Twice? maybe three times?

Also how much blood, the human stomach can only hold about 30oz of anything, I would assume a vampire would be no different. This would mean that killing their victim would be unnecessary and useless. Would this be what were following? cause again, it's kinda how I designed Avani.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Well by definition pure bred means no muddying of the blood. Some families would refuse to mate with humans because they felt it degraded them. But you are right that the ones who did would end up looking much like whatever racial group they lived and bred with.

As to how often and how much I leave it up to you. A undead would have to feed almost every night but a purebred could go for months or longer if they "hibernate". I don't mind you tweaking the design to suit you I was just giving general guidelines. Se' la vie.

Oh and thanks for posting that Talis I never think of it cause I keep it as a bookmark.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Okay, Okay, Okay, I'm going to sound like a complete and total nerd here buut

OH MY GOD *is crying her heart out* They shut down the Halo 2 Servers. *Sniff* I had so many fond memories of the game. I never owned it, but I loved it immensly. It was and always will be, the greatest FPS ever made. Fly free H2, fly free *crying*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TFQoappIVc&feature=related

I'm actually crying, this game was my favorite, it always has been. To see it go and to end. I'm actually saddened :(

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Done edited Khaleem.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!