Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Bird's Nest Foster Home for Difficult Teens

Bird's Nest Foster Home for Difficult Teens

a part of “Bird's Nest Foster Home for Difficult Teens”, a fictional universe by VitaminHeart.

A foster home for the most difficult teenagers in the system, those they think no-one is ever likely to want. Putting dozens of very volatile young people in a tight space though....bad idea?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Bird's Nest Foster Home for Difficult Teens”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Bird's Nest Foster Home for Difficult Teens

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:17 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Bird's Nest Foster Home for Difficult Teens"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Bird's Nest Foster Home for Difficult Teens

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:46 pm

Sounds like a fun one; submitted a character for approval.
Custom character art on my profiles is work by the wonderful Hax. She does commissions and is happy to discuss drawing RP characters. Take a look and drop her a line.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:44 pm

please reserve a resident for me
"you've got a warm heart, you've got a beautiful brain, but it's disintegrating."

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiarLiarLiar on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi, I was just wondering where this was set. I figured in England since the diction of a lot of the characters seems British and you've only included a town, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, as an American, would you prefer I used British grammar/spelling/diction? There's definitely a difference between the styles of writing, but I can adapt to either.

Thanks!
-Liar

LiarLiarLiar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Well I was aiming for the US as the setting, but I'm british, so some of my limey dialect make sneak in there from time to time, sorry about that. XD

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiarLiarLiar on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Nah, it's fine. I just think it's funny how easy it is to tell someone's nationality by the way they speak! Canadian/American tend to be the same, and British/Australian are similar, but have a few different quirks. I can usually tell when someone isn't a native speaker as well.

I just meant that the setting is just a bit unclear. Is the climate relevant, or will they be spending most of their time inside the house?

Thank you for clarifying, though!

LiarLiarLiar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashes on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:14 am

Could you save a resident spot for lil old me? :3

Ashes
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Hiya, just thought I'd remind everyone that I can't post til Fenix does.
xxx AA

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:26 pm

Heya, just an idea that might help things run a bit more smoothly and make sure that people don't get confused as to who is where. I think it would be a good idea to make a series of "Places" for this RP. The kitchen, the hallway, the living room, and a series of bedrooms for the various characters would make it much easier for people to tell where they were and who was in the area with them, so that no confusion occurs about who is witness to what conversation.
Hope it helps.
AA

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:05 pm

That's probably a good idea. I'll add them in shortly. I wasn't really expecting the number of applications so I was caught a little unprepared.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Another thing that might be helpful, is if the rules of the house would be put down somewhere. And to the one playing Lakesha, Micky's been in the house basicaly since it started, a couple of years now, so Lakesha should know her name, and not refer to her as "the girl carrying the laptop." And what rule did she break exactly? Unless Lakesha magicaly knows she was hacking the library, which actualy, no one restricted her of having a computer after she shut down the subway, so really, what rule is she breaking??
~ The North Remembers ~

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cooper on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:02 am

You're right, I should have looked that up before I typed the post. That wasn't Lakesha's fault, but mine. Perhaps she was referring to her in a way the person she was talking to would understand.

No, Lakesha doesn't know that she is hacking, but her staying up late 'playing' on her computer, which in some ways can be viewed as self-destructive. When it comes to computers I imagine they are supposed to have them in designated places, and there is a certian time where they have to be shut off, and those are the rules I'[m referring to.

I totally agree on the rules of the house, and once Vitamin and I work them out, we'll post them here.
I can't think of anything witty or insightful to say, so I'm going to say some (obscure or not) lyrics from a song and hope you don't realize.

Cooper
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:31 am

I think the rules sound like a great idea if they are posted around the house such as the lobby and residents rooms everyone is more or less aware of them and therefore can find ways on how to break them.
~There's only now, there's only this, forget regret, or life is yours to miss~ - RENT

~ If at first you don't succed, Destroy all evidence that you tried ~

nightwolf
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:33 am

Yeah, I would appreciate a copy of the rules, because the thing about there being cameras would have effected how my character acted from the start. I think it would have been far better if we could have known details like that from the start.

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 am

And this is where Michaline's total disregaurd for rules would come in play :3 She would just keep her computer with her anyway. She'd prolly team up with Fenix on this one. XD Sometimes Mickey's bluntness surprises even me :3

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirai-chan on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:15 pm

I turned in an character shheet, I hope it's not too late to join?
BTF Fanatic Girls: Angel(Craig)~Kirai(Mike)~Puppy(Matt) <333
ImageImage

Kirai-chan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:24 pm

I think this RP is in need of stricter rules when it comes to the overriding of other people's posting, posting order, and the use of NPC character such as the cat. At the present, things seem a little messy as there are no set rules as to who is allowed to do what. In the general scheme of things, an NPC such as Simon the cat is still considered a character belonging to his author, so it would be better to ask what sort of a personality he has before assuming, and the like. As it happens, Simon is a very friendly, lazy cat, so he was assumed spot on. As to the overriding of posts, it makes it quite hard to understand who went through with what and when, so I suggest a little more clarity; this should make it easier to understand what happened.

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cooper on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:47 pm

Well when you have your posts going on for so long, doing things that my characters WOULD react to in the middle, I have to over-ride at least part of your post, because if I don't, you have blocked me from reacting and devalued the integrity of my character. With the last one about it not hurting him as much, I do apologize.

As for posting order, as confusing as it is, I can still follow and don't really see the need to get in the way of everyone's creativity by forcing a posting order (especially since if one person stops, this could kill an rp.)

Cooper
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:51 pm

What I was trying to say was about the overriding of Katie, who went to talk to him, rather than the overriding of Max.
And I have fully researched the logistics of the movement, so that my post on Max's injury were accurate. Your post included: "Lakesha gripped his arm and restrained him in the way she had been trained, " and as such, Max, who has hypermobility in his shoulder, which dislocates easily as a result, would have suffered the injuries stated.

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cooper on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:57 pm

I apologized. I just edited to fix that, finished, saw your post, looked back and realized I'd forgotten to edit a part out. So that part is still my fault, but you are making too big of a deal over nothing. Roleplaying is not serious business. I see that we both seem to have figured the other to be ignorant, and I apologize for that on my end as well. In this case, you are probably better suited than I, who just vaguely had this described by someone who had such training in my sociology class.

edit: I don't think I cut Katie out (after all, could easily be explained as Lakesha ignored her with all the chaos involved), but I realized in trying to address three people at once I dropped one. You are right in that it is chaotic... should hopefully settle down soon I'd think.
Last edited by Cooper on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cooper
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!