Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Grey&Spectral

IC Chit Chat || Grey&Spectral

a part of “Grey&Spectral”, a fictional universe by Averagebear.

For never was there a story of more woe... before this shit. Fight as a Redeemer against the hordes of demon spawn in a ferocious crusade to save humanity.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Grey&Spectral”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

IC Chit Chat || Grey&Spectral

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:43 pm

LINKS: Tab ⇞⇞ IC ⇞⇞ OOC ⇞⇞ People ⇞⇞ Foes ⇞⇞ Kingdoms & Creatures ⇞⇞ IC Chit Chat

Here is where your kiddies can play happily on the playground. Come here if you're antsy for some character interaction that's not necessarily needed. Anything non plot progressive can go here. :)

If the conversation is an
OPEN one, meaning that any other character is free to join, put the word "OPEN" at the top of your post. If it's PRIVATE, meaning it's between two - or more, I suppose - characters and is not meant to be shared (greedy lil tykes, you are), then put the word "PRIVATE" at the top of your post. Simple, no?! A conversation could easily go from OPEN to PRIVATE or the other way around (like in real life), so switching it up is totally fine. Just make sure it's noted so no one is unintentionally intrusive. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: IC Chit Chat || Grey&Spectral

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:31 am

Edit: OPEN, Y'ELLO! [/edit]

"Ooooh, I'd imagine. No offense or anythin', sweets." He spared Fallon a wink atop a snicker as he leaned his ear against the spear, tipping forward against it almost dangerously, though nonetheless remaining on his feet. The immature boyishness reeked from him as it would from a twelve-year-old, his eyes nearly brightening like a candle's flame from the topic. "But where do you hide it. Lilith, right?"
Now if only she weren't smoking like a chimney, too, ha. Though he supposed he had to admit, there was a certain je ne sais quoi about women suckling and chewing on something so clearly bad for them, browning their teeth, producing wisps of smoke that he imagined fluttered up from the lavas of hell whenever someone fell in. It bordered on exuding that sort of reckless attractiveness, though he knew a lass or two shackled by five kids who smoked. Maybe it was only because they were shackled that they feel the need. He'd love to ask said lass or two, but he had a butcher's knife whirring through the air at top speed, implanting itself like a damned overeager plant seed on a portion of a wooden shack's wall uncomfortably close to his right ear, the last time he saw her.
No, she wasn't into that kind of thing, but he didn't feel like getting into the details.

Earlier in the ballroom, she had said something soon after he did, he remembered. Seemed enough of a social butterfly for his liking. "Where you been, anyhow?"
Just because he was late to the regrouping too didn't mean he wouldn't notice someone even later.

After the absentminded question, his eyes trailed lazily to the features of Vi-vi-vi, who was asking about socks. He began to hum in random beats in between her own, as if attempting as big of a melodious clash as he could. Which he was. "Diameters, m'um. Drasted things, diameters." She seemed flustered. Maybe he could get her to say something embarrassing. "Knit for the kids, hey?"
Last edited by Wudgeous on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:53 am

Open

She secretly hoped Lucas would fall as he teetered precariously, his life, or at least his dignity, hanging in the balance, depending solely upon his wood....Pursing her lips to stifle a laugh, she reached up a quick hand to rub the back of her neck, eyes averted to the ground. "You must have quite a lot of faith in your ability to handle your spear," she noted, nearly every single word out of the girl's mouth dripped with ulterior meaning. She didn't bother to look up for a reaction. She liked to imagine the things that spewed from her foul mouth were something akin to grenades. She tossed them and stood back, she would sift through the rubble later to assess how they went over.

"But where do you hide it. Lilith, right?"

With a devilish grin, her head slowly titled upward. "Don't you know? I stuff it in my own ass," her voice lilted, she nearly sung the response. She jabbed her hand toward him, not at all minding the late introduction, not counting the circle time they had earlier. "Yes, I'm Lilith. And this is the hand I do the stuffing with," indicating the hand she was offering him with a bobble of her head. She was so pleased with herself, and she wore the satisfaction on her face like cat with the tail of a mouse twitching from it's maw. Despite the vulgarity of her sentence, she behaved as if she were mentioning that the baker had extra cream puffs today, and he'd given her a dozen at no charge. If the boy wanted to push and see how far she could go, he would be exhausted by the end of night. Her grin grew wider at the thought.

"Where you been, anyhow?"

"I've been here the whole damned time. Where have you been looking?" She was motioning with her hand, flask held loosely as it danced towards the group. She took another swig. At this rate, which wasn't particularly fast when she thought about it, they'd have to stop at tavern so she might get a refill on her spirits within the next few hours. But it wasn't as if any amount of drinking would cause her liver to kill her before the Demoni blood would get her, so she wasn't really all that concerned about the abuse she handed to her body.
Carpe diem bitches.

onetrickpony
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smith on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Grey

What...the fuck? Grey stared down at the petite elf, unsure of whether or not he should be offended at being brushed off or concerned at such lack of emotion. Only two possibilities for this odd behavior came to mind: Snow was either suffering from severe heat exhaustion and was unable to focus enough to emote properly, or(more likely), the elf was a human hater. The idea that she may have been a stuck up bitch never crossed the mind of the manipulator although it should have. Grey let thoughts rattle around in his skull as the group traveled onward, falling back to trail behind most of them. All the while he was staring at the back of one particular little elf.

"Did I offend you, Miss Snow?" without so much as the sound of boots scuffing against the ground Grey was right beside Snow, leaning over so that his face was only inches away from her own. Currently Grey had pulled down the left side of his blinder to stare at the elf with one dark eye. Despite the odd half-covering of his face, the expression Grey wore was genuinely concerned in his own awkward way.

"If I did, I am sorry...but I didn't mean to! Really! It's just that people usually laugh at the smell opener. Except kids, really, they have a tendency to..." Grey had a finger to his chin and was off on a tangent again, somehow looking everywhere except for the path in front of him without missing a step. After a couple minutes of blathering on about how children seem to react more extremely to smells than adults and how roaches loved the scent of fruit more than garbage despite common belief, Grey finally returned his single-eyed gaze to Snow with a lopsided smile. "So..." he allowed the word to drag on, like a kid trying to find the right words to say next, "I get that you might have adopted the name 'Snow' 'cause of your skin, but why exactly are you so light? I haven't seen anyone your color before...well, nobody that was not exsanguinated. Not that it isn't pretty or anything, but...it's a little strange."

Smith
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:24 am

Day One
Outskirts of Vincere, Capital of Litas
[Open]

Snow

Wait... he thought he'd said something offensive? Did that mean she should think so, too? She did not recall having thought it so, but then really half of the time she was fairly certain she misconstrued people's intentions anyway. It was one thing to be uncannily capable of picking up on the minute details of facial expressions and pitch; it was another thing altogether to interpret them, and this secondary skill, she was lacking. She couldn't really remember if it had always been this way or if the change that had accelerated her mind and stunted her emotions might have been responsible for this as well. "I wasn't-" she began, but his tongue seemed to be getting ahead of him, and she just blinked slowly, not losing an iota of her stillness and simply listening.

Actually, it wasn't that bad. Snow liked quiet, but if someone was going to conduct a conversation with her, this was the way to do it- namely by making it as one-sided as possible. She wondered if children really were better at smelling things or if he was mistaken or deceiving her in some way. It probably didn't matter.

Of course, then he had to go and ruin a perfectly good rant with an actual question, and the pause at the end probably meant that she was actually expected to answer this one. Shame; she could listen to a person, hear everything they said, and still be somewhere else completely if she wanted to, but finding the words to speak seemed to require a good deal more attention. Of course, it didn't help that this particular question- while an obvious one to ask- in fact nipped at the heels of several very important and rather unpleasant things. She shrugged noncommittally, clearly nonplussed by the rather odd assertion of proximity going on here. It was hard to care about personal space when you'd had her particular set of experiences.

"I was born like this. When I was very young, my intolerance to the sun was a hindrance. Then the rarity was interesting, and now it simply is." A laborer needed to be able to work long hours in the heat, but an exhibition duelist just needed skill and as much flash as possible. A Redeemer needed none of these things, and thus comments upon it tended to be less frequent. "Your turn. Tell me why a man who can see wears a blindfold." She almost made it sound like she was actually interested. Not to say that she was completely the opposite, only... it was more a desire not to be speaking or spoken of than anything else.
Last edited by Kurokiku on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smith on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Day One
Outskirts of Vincere
[Open]
Grey

That had not been the most vivid description he had ever heard. Not by a long shot. Elves were a suspicious lot that were wary of humans, and with good reason too, but this was... different. It was not that the woman was guarded, but that she simply did not feel like talking. The odd thing was, it didn't look like Snow was annoyed in the slightest. Hell, Grey fancied he saw a spark of mild interest in her eyes a few sentences ago. Plus, it didn't look-- "What the flip? Were you always that tall? This whole time I thought I was looking down...hm. Force of habit, maybe?

"Umm, my blinder...hmm..."
Grey shifted uncomfortably, pulling up his blindfold and facing forward as he spoke. "Well, it's mostly a pride thing. Not even that, more of a mark of shame in some ways. You know how everyone awakens from the demoni blood-poisoning differently, correct? It is said that the sensers of our order awaken screaming and clawing at their eyes and mouth...I also did that, and for the first few days of my induction into the ranks of the Redeemers it was assumed that I was a senser." Grey scratched his chin and appeared to be embarrassed. "When I started moving around as if my bones were made of water, it was clear that I was a manipulator. Not a senser. Meaning that there was absolutely no explanation for the way I reacted upon awakening, other than...well...just freaking out. It's kind of shameful."

Grey leaned back on his heels for a moment before setting down to sit on his haunches. "So, the blinder helps hide some of the scars. Simple as that." although now that she had pointed it out, it was not so simple. He should either cover up his entire face or do without. Mulling the thoughts around in his head and still not at all taxed by the heat, Grey crossed his arms and allowed his head to sink down onto them. It was not as if Snow wanted to talk anyway. Not that he blamed her, or anything.

Smith
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:11 pm

Day One
Outskirts of Vincere
[Open]

Lucas Truesdale

The timing was almost too perfect. Lucas only had time to adjust his eyebrows in wonder before--like how a fisherman treats his worms--Fallon brutally and carelessly discarded him; as well as discard the wooden contraption which, with Lucas's luck, he had decided to lean on. "Whoa shi--HEY!" His grimy feathers were clearly bristled as he skidded and hopped on one foot. He would have nearly bumped into Grey (From the back of Lucas's mind came: Was he still being terrible at picking up the white chick--shit, he WAS!) had he not slammed the butt of his spear into the ground and strongly gripped the middle of it, hands sliding down the thing a little ways before he was motionless from the friction. Lucas would have been dumbfounded by the blindfolded Redeemer's and white elf's idea of conversation had he not been busy chucking a pouty glare the male elf's way. Lucas did not like the way his name was said, not in the least bit. It should be gasped, whispered, purred, not whatever the hell that was that crawled out of Fallon's mouth. Oh, he'll be returning the favor eventually, but for now, he formulated something more suitable for the moment. His grouchy, scrunched up features relaxed, and his entire posture turned lazy as he slouched at the joints and turned his face downwards.

"You see how he is, Lilith? I TELL ya..." He shot the abusive elf a sidelong glance, maliciousness twinkling within them despite wearing a visage that made him seem as if he were trying to be sensitive about the matter. But there it was again. "As if." He toyed with words and remarks in his head, pressing his tongue through one of his gaps. Then, getting up properly to lean over to the girl who introduced herself as the thirteenth in rank, and not being terribly quiet despite pressing his forefinger to the side of his face (the remainder of his fingers cascading into more relaxed curls), Lucas continued. "I can have aaaall the faith in this Godforsaken world when it comes to my spear, but he's so damned rough with it. It's got bruises in places you would not believe... But I stick around because he has a nice ass."

Jab at Fallon completed, he straightened shortly afterwards; clearing his throat and poising his neck upright like a gentleman, even brushing his shirt smooth as he adopted a new role. In what seemed to be one slick movement, he grasped Lilith's "stuffing" hand, pivoting at the waist so that he would not lose balance should she put a drastic amount of strength into pulling away (once a day is enough, jeez), paused just briefly for effect... and brought her knuckles to his lips, just for a second, then released her readily enough. "Pleasure's mine." Just for a second more, he was as sincere as a storybook's prince. Just a second later, he snorted loudly, releasing a breathy laugh from the very back of his throat that escaped from his obscene smirk. He could have said he looked for her everywhere, sure, land and sea! Said he looked in all the wrong places until he looked into her eyes! But they all sounded hilariously stupid, so he chose only to laugh at himself. Why answer a question if he could not answer it flawlessly? "I saw those kids." Lucas said instead. No subliminal meanings, no tricks: Just him giving up his skin for the moment.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Day One
[Open]

Snow

“That… makes absolutely no sense,” she informed him flatly. “Why does it matter whether or not you clawed at your eyes? You’re not an abomination, and it doesn’t seem to me as though you’ve made a habit of it, so it’s entirely inconsequential. Though… if you didn’t want to look at the Demoni, I would understand.” Snow made a mildly-disgusted face, her first major shift in expression since entering the town. While it probably didn’t sound like it, the last part was actually intended to be a sarcastic joke, or at least as close to one as she could get.

There appeared to be some kind of rukus going on behind them, and she barely resisted the urge to roll her eyes. It seemed that the one called Lucas had managed to upset the aloof Fallon, and as soon as she bothered to tune into the conversation, she understood why. You would think that the people tasked with saving civilization as they knew it (not that all of it really deserved the saving, mind you, but that was not her decision to make) would at least understand the need to try not to antagonize each other with foolishness, but apparently ‘twas not so. This is going to be more difficult than I expected, she mused to herself, but then the merchant was talking and Amaryllis was signaling for them to leave, and Snow dropped any pretence of sociability and followed like the chained creature they all were.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:27 am

Day One
[Open]

As she watched two men turn into two boys, the unfolding of a playground power struggle, Ms. Cimon couldn't help but howl with laughter, slapping at her knee repeatedly as she attempted to regulate her breathing patterns. As she flipped her head back up, sending her hair flying for a moment before each strands settled back into place without much of a fight, her eyes caught a glimpse of someone who might need a laugh or two.
"Ain't they quite the pair?" she declared, nudging her new pal Ezekiel roughly with the palm of her hand, indicating the two playmates. "We're just a big happy family already. It didn't take very long, did it? Pretty soon we'll be getting our first family pet, and I bet they'd fight over whether to name it Fluffy or Sparky."

And suddenly, Lucas, in all his boyish charm was responding once more, with just as much gusto as ever, apparently his pride unaffected by anything Fallon had done.

"I can have aaaall the faith in this Godforsaken world when it comes to my spear, but he's so damned rough with it. It's got bruises in places you would not believe... But I stick around because he has a nice ass."

"Aw," Lilith clucked, tut-tuting with the tip of her tongue against her teeth, feigning sympathy. "Someone ought to kiss the poor thing and make it all better. I mean Fallon, baby, really, if you're not going to play nice then you have to learn to make it up to somebody. I mean, something other than having a nice ass, it doesn't count if you don't actually have to do anything."

Honestly, she wouldn't mind giving his spear a few more bruises. She definitely knew how to man handle such weapons. But as soon as the though popped into her head, it was accompanied with the quick realization that such things were to be filed in a TO DO list. It wasn't as if they had an infinite amount of free time out here. Admittedly, this list wasn't very short or organized. It was more of a web (suiting for the woman) where things were done whenever the first opportunity arose, completed out of convenience rather than priority.

Lucas waltzed through the pleasantries of a "formal" introduction, his composure immediately collapsing--it was possible that his infrastructure too weak to hold up the mighty weight of maturity for very long. She smiled coyly, but made no comment. The perfect lady for a moment, seen and not heard.

"I saw those kids."

"Hmm, so you have eyes. It must be really productive, fruitful even, to use them to look at children. Did you see anything else, detective?" Lilith chewed on her lower lip, eyebrows raised as she waited playfully for his response. She took a gulp from her bottomless flask before offering it instinctively to her companion. "Want some? It's good shit. I wouldn't lie to you."

onetrickpony
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Day One
[Open]

Ezekiel was not hearing this. The events transpiring behind him were childish nonsense and he was hearing none of it. Number thirteen, it seemed, sought nothing more than encouraging the behavior. Besides, Redeemers? A family? How stupid. They were clearly fighting. Families do not fight. Choosing to ignore her, Ezekiel stepped away from the ridiculous bunch and toward the merchant, deeming his attention better spent there.
[Paradox: repaired.]

Grumpy ass Ezekiel had moved forward, Lucas assumed, to kill something with his face. This is why Lucas didn't like the larger men. They don't react, don't acknowledge; they can easily backhand you off your feet. And--this is a secret so don't tell anyone--they sort of scared him. Women though, thought he, smiling to Solvej, were a completely separate issue.

He had to tut-tut along with Lilith after her interaction with the sour puss was over, even wagging his finger as an accompaniment. It wasn't so much that he enjoyed mimicking and interrupting wordless noise... or maybe he did, he wasn't sure, actually. It could be a subconscious hobby of some sort for all he knew. Lucas held a strange, growing admiration for for the little woman--or at least for the way she acted right now, for he knew not of her past deeds. She wasn't even trying to be aggravating, it seemed. From each toothy grin she would flash to everyone to the coltish sway and tilt of her head, it seemed to come naturally for her. Specifically for her. He couldn't think of any animal, couldn't think of no one else who danced on life's green (or, copper at the moment) earth as she did. (Perhaps himself, in some abstract way, though he wouldn't call it "dancing" then).

"I see... a girl with skin so distractingly golden that it could make the sun envious," he stopped, as if he had a multitude of fancy little descriptions to shower her in. "And that's all I can come up with. Mine eyes are mostly for show, mi'lady, I'm not a sight sens--hello." She had jabbed the flask towards him, and he stared into it as if it were a rat hole he were being dared to stick his arm into. Without thinking too deeply into it, he accepted the object with one hand, nearly bringing it to his lips as he watched Fallon stepping forward as well. The merchant sure seemed to be cooperating now, ha.

Lucas avoided merchants, actually. It wasn't something he was entirely aware of, but he would always rather visit a nice shop with an unrelated employee being built for the shopkeeper's trade. Something turned him solemn when he traversed the more lively markets; hearing the clapping and beseeching of men, women and children alike, seeing the flying spittle over prices and the glimmer of each exchanged coin. His mother was of their ilk. She sold small hills of scarlet spices that looked like they were shaved from the most sinful of apples, and she sold necklaces and bracelets and anklets of jade beads that were shaped like three pointing fingers, which she made herself when she could not sleep. She would only clutch his pudgy fingers until they reached her spot, where she would lay down a rug with diamond patterns and set up her things. He would remember, if he thought hard enough, how he would get to tend to it when she was pregnant with his sister--how he would talk to the customers for so many minutes, how he sneezed a hilariously painful number of consecutive times whenever a breeze blew the spices up his nose, how he would mimic the other merchants until he had their exact, perfect mannerisms.

Though for a while, Lucas mused, he tried to sell fish his stall did not carry... What was he even thinking about? Lucas jostled his spear into the crook of his arm, so he could reach up to hold his head... then proceeded to smack it; batting at his ear, too, for good measure, and muttering something about "damned Vincere flies." The front of the group had already begun moving, apparently having gotten their information from the merchant while he wasn't paying attention. He realized Lilith's flash was still in the vicinity of his face, so he removed it and handed it back without a flourish. "Actually, it would be a waste on me. Just remembered... what's in it, anyway?" He scratched at a dimple under his cheek, all too aware he'd painted a stain onto the smooth, composed appearance he'd been working on.

[Paradox: In progress.]

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Toadsworth on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Day One
Slums of Vincere, Capital of Litas
Open

Vivian

Upon hearing Ezekial’s words, Vivian glared at him. Typical man. Confronted with an issue that he cannot either place his doodle into or stab to death and he automatically switches to throwing insults. Just like the others. She bit her lip, feeling the tears slowly ebb away from her. She wiped her eyes once more, leaving long streaks of caustic blood running on her face. She noticed Snow offering bandages and other items to them. She had already given her warning and the girl should know to stay away. She was not a stupid girl.

She was not? She was an elf. Surely she was dumber than the Tainted themselves. Part of her pushed against this idea. But why? A name flipped through her head, the name Pearl once more, and the name Eros. She clenched her eyes shut as she walked, her breathing becoming unstable, and her heart rate increasing. She took a few deep breaths and her mind was calm, the names and thoughts being pushed down, shoved away back into the vault where they had come from.

Another man was approaching her, treating her as if she was a child. "Heeey, don't cry," she heard from the man who she spoke with earlier. His name was Lucas, if she remembered correctly, and he enjoyed diameters. "Women are most beautiful when they cry, you know. Not good to tempt me and the guys like this, hey?"

Something inside of Vivian snapped. She turned to him, fury in her eyes. ”You pretentious pig, if there is one thing I do not need from you it is your pity and unnecessary sympathy. This?! This is not beauty!” She wiped away her tears, blood streaking her face, dark red sitting atop her delicate cheekbones. ”This is nothing more than an unfortunate mistake. And you can be tempted all you’d like, sir, but please keep in mind that I am a virgin and my blood melts ANYTHING that it will touch. If you so much as try anything, God help me I will make you more of a woman than I will ever hope to be.”

With this, she turned away from him and stormed near the front of their group. She was seething. Her teeth were gritting against eachother, her eyes were wide and rabid. After Pearl was dead, that man would come next. And then the elf man who was so callous. And then the one called Ezekiel. And then Lillith for mocking her socks in the beginning. They would all fall...except for Miss Ama, so kind and gentle. And the one called Snow.

Vivian was getting increasingly motherly toward Snow, although she did not know why. More names and voices crept up from deep within her, images of faces whom she had never met. She took another deep breath and shoved them back where they belonged. Resisting the urge to apologize to Lucas, she crossed her arms and continued on her way.

Toadsworth
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am

Day One
[Open]

"I see... a girl with skin so distractingly golden that it could make the sun envious,"
 he stopped, as if he had a multitude of fancy little descriptions to shower her in. "And that's all I can come up with. Mine eyes are mostly for show, mi'lady, I'm not a sight sens--hello." 

"You're not much of a poet," she drawled, "Stick to embodying art instead of making it." She wasn't particularly sure if she had just uttered a cohesive thought, but she was never one for putting much thought into her words anyway. She replayed her words a few times in her head, couldn't figure out if it properly got her point across, and gave up.

She offered him her flask, he took it, and then he stood there for a painfully long time while he had a lil' flashback. Awesome. Awkward. She gazed at him flatly while he had his moment. "And perhaps next time answer the question as opposed to figuring I'm fishing for compliments. I was speaking about the Tavern, 'Douglas' Ale.' I was going to suggest that we head there this evening after we find Nica, but you know, whatever," she shrugged. She was speaking for the sake of sound, and she was beginning to feel the itch of separation anxiety from her flask. But before she could get too itchy, he returned it. She gave him a tight-lipped smile, curiously looking at the object in hand before returning the metal to it's rightful place--pressed against her lips. "Whiskey," she answered, words muffled by the metal.

"Hmm. Now I can't rightfully say our lips have yet met. " she teased, words flowing, alluring as the milk and honey of the promised land. There was something about the way she spoke that made her words sway like belly dancers, flashes of a promise that fed into the idea that they might...
"Right then, let's go," she turned on her heel and bounded off after the group without so much as another breath.

[PARADOX OBLITERATED]

onetrickpony
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:10 am

Day 1.5
[Open. Ish.]

Lucas Truesdale

Ooooh, someone was suddenly competitive. Feeling desperately inadequate in the trousers, perhaps. Lucas didn't budge when Gray suddenly interjected himself between him and Lilith. His mouth parted as he listened, front teeth brushing against his bottom lip. Sniff a girl, then suddenly sling yourself around another one's neck as if you were a dead animal. Charming; why, even Lucas wouldn't be able to resist him at this rate. Perhaps even the stone-faced duo would fall for these magnificent wiles.

Suddenly Lucas made a noise as if about to regurgitate something. It turned out to be laughter. The smirk that had been threatening to appear stamped itself firmly under his nose as his shoulders quaked. "Have fun with Prince Adam, Lils," he managed, waving them off as he sauntered forward, "see you at the pub tonight. I'm gonna go be productive and look for the kid."

Not that he was going to wander off by his lonesome; at the head of the group, he would be able to search out areas he wasn't already conscious of through the nerves in his fingertips. Plus, less bodies trying to squish him. While he did appreciate the press of skin, but he didn't like feeling like he was leaning against an orgy every time he took his gloves off and focused a little. Time and place, people, time and place!

"Don't get cheeky with me, Lucas! And remember that we gotta put in that order for your new spear while we're there getting shitfaced. You're not much use without it."

Oh but Lilith, "cheeky" is my day job. He brought a knuckle to his mouth as he snorted, and offhandedly gestured over his shoulder. "I ain't down until you cut off the tongue, for your information."

"Don't forget about me, either."

If he knew how many of those promises he'd broken, Lucas would drive a saint to tears in confession hours. (Not that he didn't usually remember them later, it was just the damned names he had to snap his fingers over in vexation). He turned on his heel; sashaying sideways as he gave an languid smooch to the air between them, and punctuated with a crocodile's grin.
Last edited by Wudgeous on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:14 pm

Someone once told him that you couldn't find the heart in the eyes' of a fiend, but Fallon might've said the opposite of Lucas. As insufferable and petty as the spear-wielder was; his heart was simply too large, and too frivolous. Not only that, he enjoyed mocking him at every turn. Fallon's telltale scowl was scrawled across his hawkish features, revealing only a displeased exasperation. Cigarettes, to him, was a filthy, disgusting habit reserved for rich, pompous men and salacious women who enjoyed suckling away at something—... though, he'd found a relative nonchalance when smelling the vile substance. Thankfully, he wasn't a Senser specializing in redolent stenches. His long tapered fingers tapped, tapped, tapped across his steel arm-guards. Unimpressed by the group in question, not entirely unlike Ezekiel. That was, until Lucas' final gibe and Fallon's rankled repercussion. He wanted to wipe that glib expression of his face. Snatching his fingers around the spear's wooden shaft, Fallon pushed it towards the ground and harshly released him. Now, unfortunately, Lucas hadn't fallen into the dust, but he was still satisfied when he pitched forward, hopping onto one foot; much like a bristling hen, less like a squalling rooster.

Nearly toppling into Gray, whom seemed focused in whatever conversation he was having with Snow, but not quite reaching the scarred Redeemer. Fallon wouldn't have cared either way. The assailing arm crossed back over his chest, and a strangely out-of-place smirk curled across his lips. As pleased as a kitten whose belly had been rubbed. Golden-myrtle eyes probed into Lucas' back whilst he slammed the butt of his measly spear into the dusky terrain to halt plummeting into Gray, findings winding tight around the spear's center mass. Had their positions been reversed, Fallon knew he wouldn't have taken it so well. He had to commend him on that, anyway. Deliberatly raising a shapely brow, the Elves' head cocked lightly to the side as Lucas' rounded on him, shooting him pouty glares. Then, Lucas' expression melted into it's usual swag; shoulders slumping forward, and shadows playing across his downturned features. Had he inflicted any actual damage?

Unlikely. His droning voice was languidly slow, full of unnecessary climactic pauses, and enunciated words that grated across Fallon's spine. And his last nerves. Not that it wasn't particularly difficult to set his teeth grinding. He couldn't even hear Lucas' voice, couldn't hear the lilting drawl that he imagined. But, it was the way that his lips moved, so casually, so precise, that gave him pause. Fallon's ability to read people's lips, as well as their body language, was the deciding factor in whom he liked, or found ceaselessly bothersome. Suddenly, Lucas was including Lilith into this ridiculous conversation and he inadvertently craned his neck forward, mouth curled back into it's derisive frown. All previous attempts at haughtiness were gone. His victory was small, and all for naught. Wearing a coy smile with feigned undertones of concern, Lucas' leaned over the oriental Redeemer and whispered... quite clearly, everything that made him want to wring the damned Senser's neck.

A dark eyebrow arched high up under it's shade of silvery white hair, then narrowed sharply. Fallon fumed, impulsively taking a few aggressive steps toward him. He managed to keep his voice level and calm although his usual velvety notes were slightly strained, “How haven't you been killed yet?” Then, just like that, Lucas' transformed into a proper gentleman; smoothing his shirt like a skirting woman, straightening his galling posture and kissing Lilith's knuckles. Story book prince, indeed. A throaty snort expelled itself from the Elf's throat as he faltered back a few steps, giving them room for whatever foolish pleasantries they wished to conduct. He was two parts disgusted, two parts amused. He spared Lilith a seething glance, though it's anger withered and died without any direction. “By all means, I'm sure he'd love them from you,” He added sharply, eyeing her for another moment. Warmth flooded his chest; he was certain it was a mixture of the sweltering heat, the inappropriate comments and the sweet wines he'd been consuming all afternoon.

Fallon shot Ezekiel a withering glance when he departed their company, not offering him any solace from Lucas' wry comments, nor Lilith's encouraging responses. All of the business with the merchant was dealt with, with the loss of a few coins, and then they were moving once more. Thank the Maker.

He remained solid and wooden, gaze forecasting a multitude of thoughts, but none that were entirely pleased with himself. He'd lost control, and refused to follow Amaryliss' direct commands, whilst Ezekiel faithfully pranced to her side. Well, there was no prancing. Certainly, no swooping. But, something akin to that. Fallon's gauntleted fingers flexed, closed, then opened laxly. He screwed up his eyes, frustrated at his own lack of coherency, his own lack of words. He could not find Vivian's solemn conviction, nor her genuine shame. He could find nothing, at all. Swallowing hard, a tightness was already forming in the pit of his gut.

His brooding thoughts were broken by a sudden stab of sharp pain across his left shoulders, resounding in a rumbling hiss. An old rusty blade was thrust just beneath Fallon's hip, blood seeping from the wound and staining his boiled leathers. A wound he had not noticed whilst fighting the Tainted; perhaps, repentance for his insolence? Clasping the daggers' hilt within his hands, slippery from the carmine substance staining it's entire length, and unsteady from his trembling fingers; Fallon muttered something darkly, in a foreign tongue, before roughly removing the object. Rekindled pain shuddered across his flesh, sending a jolt of pain down his spine and then pulsing into a dull pain. He swore he could feel a separate heartbeat thumping across his hip. Without so much as a reason to say anything, Fallon's gravel voice interjected with Ezekiel's harsh statement. Everything Ezekiel said was harsh. His mouth opened to say something else to Vivian, to add his own apologies... but, for what? He did not know. Instead, Fallon's mouth closed and he simply followed her towards the front.

Silence had always been his companion.

Day 1.5
[Open]

Everything seemed to return to normal. Partly. Fallon's broodiness lingered, while he believed Vivian to be still quite upset about the entire situation, including Lucas' lack of tact. He'd offered Snow a small smile for her kindness, for asserting her medical prowess whereas others' might have simply continued onwards. Amaryliss would always offer her specialties, tending to all of the Redeemer's even if she suffered her own injuries. It was the kind of selfless kindness that turned his stomach. He did not like to see her like this, but could not find any way to make amends. His hands, like most Redeemer's, were made for killing. Not healing. Nor comforting. At least, in this, Ezekiel could relate. His gauntleted fingers twitched, then nearly caught Ezekiel's elbow before he decidedly snapped it back.

Lucas, Gray and Lilith seemed content with distracting themselves. Fallon's lips formed a straight line the scarred Redeemer's arm casually draped across Lilith's slender shoulders. A soft click of his tongue might've sounded, though his face was already turned away. He didn't want to witness any wily charms Gray might have hidden up his sleeves, nor did he want his hackles raised if Lilith so chose to be offended. Even stone-faced broods felt prickly about certain matters. Whenever women were in distress, Fallon immediately resorted to blows. Perhaps, it had something to do with Amaryliss. Women were to be respected, not begrudged, belittled or humiliated with galling comments.

Sparing another glance, Fallon noticed Lucas' shoulders quaking in laughter. He supposed he missed something amusing, and only raised an inquiring eyebrow. And then, there was Vivian. She was still half-naked with strips of her clothes hanging across lithe thighs, tempting curves and a lean stomach. Fallon would've been stupid if he denied noticing. Though not entirely interested in women, or men for that matter, like Lucas was, he wasn't immune to the wiles of the opposite sex. Gauntleted fingers worked at the copper clasps holding his outer layer, undoing them as quickly as he could manage. Unfortunately, his outfit wasn't the most conventional piece in the world. His breastplate detached as soon as he sloughed the outer garment of his shoulders, then he replaced the belt and crimson sash around his bare, gangly waist. He was silent. Even as he swept the jacket across Vivian's shoulders, Fallon chose to say nothing. His intentions were clear enough, weren't they? He needed no explanations, he hoped. Sometimes, he struggled with words. A curt, stiff nod, and Fallon turned on his heels, breastplate tucked under his arm, as he followed Lucas towards the front of the group. Either way, without his weighty leathers; everything would be a lot cooler. The weather was always kinder to bare flesh, used to Vincere's merciless heat.

It wasn't hard to match Lucas' sauntering gate, lengthening his own strides until he walked alongside him. Never too close. Though, he eyed the Senser from his peripherals so that he could make out any words sputtering from those lips. It wouldn't do him any good avoiding Lucas' whilst trying to find the little girl. They weren't a family, entirely. But, they'd have to do a better job at communicating if they hoped to be successful. “You don't even know where your going, do you?” Subtlety at it's best.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Snow

Day 1.5
[Open]

Snow gave a delicate lift of her shoulders in response to the lack of one from any quarter to her offer of assistance. How strange. Here they were, some of them wounded, and not a one seemed inclined to do much of anything about that. A slight shake of the head was the only indication of her thoughts on the subject; she had neither the authority nor the inclination to force anything upon anyone. Sparing one last glance at the dead or unconscious Tainted, her face remained impassive for a long moment, and then this, too, was left in the past, as so many things were from an amalgamation of necessity and bitter desire. She'd let go of her love first, and then her grief, and finally the shield of comfort burning its caustic way down her throat. Leaving anything else was easy. The temporary was more simplistic in the relinquishing than that which so arrogantly, foolishly claimed permanence, and then eventually you came to realize that nothing was forever. Not even the gods themselves.

Stowing the bandages back where they belonged, she trailed without thought somewhere behind Fallon, Amaryllis, and Lucas, but ahead of whatever was going on behind her. She wasn't precisely sure, as she had been thinking of other things when it (whatever it might be) had begun. Absently- or at least with the appearance of absentness, for Snow was always truly thinking actively and could not do otherwise-, she wound the trailing silk around the chased hilt of Sunshine, then repeated the process for Tempest. Yes, everything was temporary, wasn't it?

A comment from up ahead caught her attention. “You don't even know where you're going, do you?” Blinking slowly, Snow looked around as best she could with her rather poor daytime vision. Though the comment was not directed at her (at least, she didn't think it was), it bore answering all the same, perhaps. "I think that applies to all of us on more than one level, would you not agree? Most literally, we are headed further into the slums. As this is currently the only way to go without leaving the place we are supposed to be or backtracking and asking the locals is not much of an option any longer, I do suppose a better question would be 'is there any faster way to do this than simply wandering around with all the grace and subtlety of blind giants?'"

She cocked her head to one side, and appeared to be considering her own question, brows furrowed with thought. She didn't speak further though, and appeared to have no inclination that her mild words may have been offensive or perhaps slightly odd. She didn't exactly have much practice with the whole 'speaking' matter, so for her, she'd done nothing more or less than offer an unassuming conjecture. As for how to actually find the girl... well, the group had two Sensors that she knew of, and she surmised that they would not be of the same sort, because that would be rather redundant and though she did not trust the Redeemers' organization much, she did believe them capable of such basic exercises in logic as that. Also, she was not sure what, exactly, Fallon did, and there was obviously a chance that he was one as well, which would give them three highly-enhanced senses, which it would make much sense to put to use. She was willing to bet a little girl sounded, looked, and in all ways was different from the typical denizen of such a place as this.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:56 am

Between Day 1 and 1.5
Among Corpses, Slums of Vincere, Capital of Litas
[Closed]

Ezekiel Mathis

Ezekiel did not like number fifty three. He was like a show bird, useless outside gloatingly flapping his wings and squawking for the attention he surely craved. Had Ezekiel known Fallon shared the sentiment, he would have to give Lucas a warning sooner rather than later. Though, if Ezekiel were to dwell on it, it would be beyond him how anyone could stand the senser.

He felt a pair of fingers draw close, and in retaliation he jerked his arm away as if rearing to strike... the elven senser of sight, who had withdrawn his own limb. Ezekiel's forehead creased, and he lowered his outward hostility. He could demand to know what the elf was doing, why he wasn't by Amaryllis's side and allowing her to take the lead with her injuries; but Ezekiel felt no need to press either matter. He merely gave him a steady gaze before turning away. When he spoke, the sound was lucid and firm like the skin of a mountain, albeit weathered and enervated from the curses of nature and the greed of mortals.

"Demons of guilt, of pity... possess them if you will, Fallon, but they yield no good."

"Haha! Like you can talk...!"

Day 1.5
[Open]

Lucas Truesdale

Clanka-clank, something armored was following him. Lucas pursed his lips to suppress a groan (rather unsuccessfully), and threw his head back. "Would you c'mooon, buddy boy! I thought we had something goin' with our beautiful nonverbal romance. You avoid me, I avoid you, and I--oh heh-lo." He verbally stumbled almost mechanically into a hush when his sightline was introduced to the shoulder and neck clavicle of an elven man. He muttered to himself as Fallon said something or other, hunching at the shoulders as if he'd just been scolded: "Thought you were someone else."

He flexed at the wrist, looking at it in boredom as if the elf had said nothing--which, as far as Lucas was aware at the moment, he hadn't. He was just the usual sulking, brooding, hulking elf man, interested in moving matters forward. Was it genetic for elves to be so tall? Lucas wondered vaguely. And did they enjoy walking with people who previously mocked their imagined manhood? Or maybe Fallon also suddenly regretted murdering the Tainted and needed a handsome hand to hold. Ha...! If a mouth was fed every time a virgin maiden felt regret, at least then Lucas would understand the point of the nonsensical feeling. But hey, maybe Lucas should at least try to be "cheerful" for the elf. Not like it would hurt either of them. "Missed me, did you?" He smacked his hand to his own chest with a resounding hollow thud, adopting a new personality as he sucked in a great amount of air in a gasp, fluttering at the eyelids. "You DO care!" The facade, unfortunately, swiftly dripped off his chin like poorly attached drapery. His eyeballs then rolled, and his head then lolled lazily from side to side as if listening to a brief and dull tune. Daintier footfalls accompanied soon their own.

"... I do suppose a better question would be 'is there any faster way to do this than simply wandering around with all the grace and subtlety of blind giants?'"

"What's going on now--?" He said, in the tone of one half-asleep, and paused before snickering and sparing a glance over his shoulder. "You sound like the grouchy McWonder Tinman back there. 'Proximately five dozen times cuter, but still. You know him by any chance?" Lucas heaved a sigh as he asked, not truly interested in any response she could have concerning Sir Stare a lot. It was so annoying how that guy just outright refused to react. As if he were already dead! Maybe he'd be better off then though, because surely the cruel afterlife would force Ezekiel to--oh my!--have fun for a change. A dreadful condemnation, Lucas would sure know.

"Anyway. Answer's yes and no, Flower Pot. Yes to grace, no to blind, lumbering behemoths--because that's the job of the dopes back there. Sensers like us know what we're doin'..." It was proceeded by a cheeky baring of canines in Fallon's general direction. "Hnm. Or, I do. Locales are my personal specialty; aaand since everything's gotta be someplace, one could say I could find anything that exists. Assuming I don't go all abomination in the meantime."

As he talked at a leisurely pace, he slipped his possessions into the leather bag slung around his shoulder--the gloves he'd tucked into his belt, and (with reluctance) the fragments of the spear. The wooden bits protruded from opening and jabbed at his shoulder blade, but what could he do? He didn't want the kid to think he was a caveman. Speaking of savage appearances... Lucas wiped at his face with his forearm, sneering in disgust at the produced smear. He withdrew a piece of fabric that was, in its past life prior to being undone at the seams, a new spare shirt. The shopkeep had jipped him, recommended one some sizes too small. The senser seemed to be trying to scrape off his face from the vigor with which he applied, but he was eventually satisfied. Snow was fine. Snow was an angel, clean as a whistle. The other one though... Ech. As if he'd rubbed his face gleefully into an open wound.

Lucas thrust the cloth at Fallon, offering no explanation outside a small frown. Yet eventually, upon noticing even the slightest hint of reluctance: "It's clean, but you can use the other side... Look, I don't want the girl to be spooked, all right?" If she was frightened of them, she might resist them. If she resisted them, who knows what stunts these bastards might pull for compliance. While Lucas would give his all to prevent them from hurting her, he didn't want to give up anything to chance--not when it came to her. Further reluctance on Fallon's part, God forbid, would compel Lucas to chuck the ex-shirt at the elf's ear.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Day 1.5
[Open]

It wasn't the first time she had been dismissed after the initial evaluation by a man. It wouldn't be the last time either. If it didn't happen every time, she'd be surprised. So as Grey strained to remember her name, clouded as he likely replayed the last few hours through his head, Lilith was lighting up another cigarette, eyes narrowed as her lashes warded against the smoke rolling into her face. She did not appear surprised as her comrade placed an arm around her shoulders, though her smirk may have broadened. She simply continued puffing at her little bundle of joy and naturally wrapped an arm around his waist. The seemed ready to run a three legged race, except smokers didn't usually do so well in races. Before she tended to her second head, she couldn't help but glibly respond to her dearest of allies, Lucas. He had pretty much demanded a conclusion with a "Have fun with Prince Adam, Lils,see you at the pub tonight. I'm gonna go be productive and look for the kid." Oooh, such sass.Though she appreciated the spunk, she wouldn't admit it.

"Don't get cheeky with me, Lucas! And remember that we gotta put in that order for your new spear while we're there getting shitfaced. You're not much use without it," she called after the man saucily, waving an arm over her head, "Don't forget about me, either." Taverns were where most orders were placed for Redeemers. And by Redeemers, she meant herself. Others left their requests with merchants and priests, sailors and guards, but Lilith had a particular affinity to the people that clung to such establishments. It was most convenient for her, it can't be out of the way if you're already there.

Returning her attention to more pressing matters, quite literally, cocking her head back and up to look at his cheek while he spoke. she wrinkled her nose disapprovingly up at the man. "The name suits me, hmm? Have you ever had a spoonful of cinnamon?" she quizzed innocently enough, squeezing his side and pressing her shoulder into him, her nonchalance in the situation suggesting to a stranger that they were quite chummy. "I can guarantee it doesn't taste anything like me," she ended with fiest, her words given extra umph from the fact that she was giving him a friendly grab of the tush, immediately then moving forward, pulling away to follow the group, though not necessarily from him. "Which is why you can stick to calling me Lilith," her voice amiable.

She overheard Snow up ahead speaking up, words flowing with essentially the same information, the same questions even as she had just said. The same words that Grey had chosen to ignore, and apparently every one else as well. She didn't take well to this situation and decided to speak up. Her exasperation and impatience began to show, her finely polished demeanor rubbed raw and the nerves were peeking through.

"Alright…is everyone here deaf? I know I'm not soft-spoken, so I know that's not it. Everyone is reaching the same conclusion but I don't see anyone coming up with any ideas," she hollered, though there was still a degree of humor staining her words, something that couldn't ever be removed. Her voice was loud enough that everyone within a good 20 meters could hear it thrum within them. It was a thrumming voice rather than a grating one, even when she was this upset it held no shrillness. "So Lucas, you can 'feel' things. Sure. How are you going to pick out a girl when you don't even know what she looks like? A girl who could be hiding inside a giant vase. Or perhaps she is riding on the back of one of these weird ass things in this city? How would you know wasn't just another deformed monster? This is just getting goddamned ridiculous. The sun is almost gone; it's probably passed her bedtime. AMA! Can you wipe that glum expression off your face and do something? Are you feeling perky enough to participate yet? Bloody hell." It wasn't tactful, but tactful wasn't exactly Lilith's M.O.

onetrickpony
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:26 pm

Day 1.5
Entrance to the Slums
[Open]

She snorted in that feminine-yet-goofy snort women like Ama tended to snort at the man's hesitation, coy grin readily equipped. “Of course I'll sit still.” she crooned, peering over her shoulder down at him- or his blade-hand more precisely. “It's been a while since I've been coddled like a youngling.” she then admitted, probably referring to more than just his single statement, but more-so her general condition. Indeed, she was a mess. This was not a good way to start their journey, to say the least. Black lashes fluttered in thought, mouth darting to the side of her face as she gathered the most cohesive and understandable words she could muster to describe the current task at hand. It shouldn't take more than a couple of seconds knowing Ezekiel and then they could happily be on their way to finding Nica and completing the first module of the mission. She scanned his face only to see an unfit expression of... nervousness?... distress?... indigestion? To which she frowned, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm not in any discomfort, Ezekiel. Don't fret. Just don't snip off all my garbs, heaven forbid the troupe get a sight of that, and everything will be fine," she chuckled, perhaps too amused. "All I ask is for you to slice around the wound so I can pluck out the shards embedded in my side. Don't worry about physical aesthetics- I've long since forgotten about such a thing and even should it bother the others, I'll have new armor by the morning.” she answered his untold question. She then did her best to stay as still as her body would so permit, though she didn't keep her eyes from fluctuating between flicking and dragging themselves to any place of interest, be it Ezekiel's ridiculously stony face or the enthusiastic children to the side of them, or the wound itself.

Last edited by Averagebear on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 am

Night
Council Chambers, Capital of Litas
[Open]

Ezekiel Mathis

Ezekiel minutely raised his chin as if to acknowledge that the manipulator had said something, but otherwise remained still. He did not turn away from the newcomer, for example. A molecule of bemusement raked at his consciousness when number... what was it? Seventeen, eighteen? Whatever. When... if Ezekiel could not be sure of his number, what hope did he have for the name?

More importantly on the meager scale, words were being placed into his mouth. An aspect of him wished to establish that No, that question was rhetorical and that an even smaller aspect of him had wanted to boogeyman her away for the moment to avoid more of those ridiculous ice-breakers--but he kept it to himself. Somehow accepting a "translation" of his outward projections felt as familiar to him as having skin around his bones, and he found himself without the need to argue. It happened. No use bleeding himself out to appear mildly different from usual; for outer appearances were nothing above worthlessness.

Besides, he merely had to fold his arms if he felt like stabbing Grey in the elbow. "Then she is yours, Manipulator." Ezekiel dismissed and--it seemed--lost interest in the matter entirely, for his eye contact with the girl was broken only then. Depending on how well one knew the man, it could have been taken as arrogance, or it could have been taken as a casual faith for another to fulfill a duty. Or one could find themselves thinking he had the flightiness of a capering wood nymph, but that was very much a less common interpretation.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:56 pm

Evening
Nica's Shop
[Closed]

Ama had been humming under her breath, contended smile on lips, and satisfied sway of hips while she watched the girl pour a green liquid from one vial into another. She was fond of herbalism and while what this child did was perhaps a stretch of the word, she still found solace in the act of creating a helpful product with regular items. She was quite sated at the moment, actually. Now that they’d found Nica, they were surely on the road to success. Not only that, but she had managed to find a single yellow petaled flower in the paved street. It’d been stepped on a couple times and had unfortunately been picked from wherever it came from, but she still felt this was a signal that something grand was to happen in the near future. The small flower was currently nestled just above her ear, which suited her rather grandly, thankyouverymuch.

The quiet melody she sung (one she’d played on the violin in her childhood) came to a stop when a massive, hulking figure approached her. She’d just assumed he’d been another eccentric costumer, but perhaps that was naïve of her. He was certainly a warrior, and there were indicators that he was perhaps a Redeemer, yet Ama had no recollection of this man. Blue eyes widened with surprise and a small o formed on her mouth as he boldly took her hand in his. She had no idea what his affiliation with her or the renegade troupe she commanded was, and yet he was making the gesture of kissing the back of her hand. With eyebrows shot to the top of her forehead and a blush creeping onto her cheeks, she cleared her throat and removed her hand from his coyly though not in an overtly rude manner. "Pardon my delay milady, I have no excuse. I came as swiftly as I could once I had been reassigned, but alas, there was an ambush on the way. A band of marauding but aggressive Tainted and Demoni Spawn attacked. I do bear the flag of Vesuvi, but I am...all that remains." he said.

There was a moment of silence before she cooed a hesitant, “Oh!” She was so surprised by his announcement that she found herself at a literal loss for words. So he was Redeemer after all. He must have been ranked below her, as she was personally familiar with all the single digits which also meant that she was technically in a position to order him about and such- something that didn’t quite sit well in her stomach. Ordering had never been her specialty. And then he was taking off the armor on his hand, the stench of death wafting into the air. Concern grew apparent on her face, a small frown tugging at the end of her lips. Indications of a lost life was enough to ruffle her feathers, but this combined with all else before this fact built up to make a very worried Ama indeed.

"Forgive the smell, it is part of my atonement and my curse. To walk the world forever cursed with how much I have killed already, and even those that don't know they are dead yet. I have something to give you however, as you are my commanding officer."" he said. She could relate to these words. They soothed and comforted her until she swallowed down her alarm and smiled once more at him. He made a motion to hand her a ring, and she shook her head easily, tendrils of red hair swishing as she did. She giggled at Lilith who had cried an appalled, "Ama…don't put that on…that's disgusting…" sending her a slightly chiding yet moreso amused glance.

“Oh no! I couldn’t possibly!” she ultimately said, gently pushing his hand back to his direction. Ama couldn’t find a way to justify accepting such an important gift from a stranger simply because she was a higher ranked officer. Even if she were the type to take a gift in a manner like this, it would have been unprofessional, to boot! “That’s very kind, though. I’m going to be so bold as to assume you are a new member of our team. We welcome you with open arms. I am Amarylliss, but I'd be glad if you called me Ama.” She mewled friendlily. Her gaze wandered over to the child once more, who looked at her- seeming to not care about interrupting whatever moment that was being exchanged- and told her that they really must be seeing Litatio now. Her youth alone was enough to brighten the woman’s mood. She nodded with a sloppy grin and followed her without hesitation, eyes meeting briefly with Ezekiel’s as she exited the tent.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!