Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dark Carnival:

Dark Carnival:

a part of “Dark Carnival:”, a fictional universe by Irish Wolf.

The adventures of crew of Cooper's Grand Traveling Menagerie and Circus, as it journey's between planets continues with their arrival on Roisdor, a world covered in a sea of toxic gases and controlled by gangs from inside massive tower like cities

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dark Carnival:”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Dark Carnival:

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:24 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Dark Carnival:"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Dark Carnival:

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:46 pm

OK, I've finished Lara. Let me know what you think and we can start thinking about a way to set this new chapter up. Perhaps we could do some advertising to attract some new blood, Irish?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Hanna or Lara, Northern? And I like her.

We have a few new characters now :)

And Laine's avatar isn't showing up....:P

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harlequin Smile on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Ladies and gentleman, but mostly our esteemed sir Wolf. I bid you all welcome.

Ahem. Hey guys. Cheers for the invite. Give me a day and I'll be in on this, dude.

Harlequin Smile
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:45 am

Lulz, I meant Hanna. I changed her name half-way through...

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:37 am

hee hee. Still like her. And hi Harlequin. :) Glad you will be joining us.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:51 pm

Alright, we have a good collection of characters now, I hope to have the IC open today!

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Double post for me!

The IC will be held here: Dark Carnival

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:30 am

So, just curious - what sort of roles have been filled? I noticed there's an animal handler and such. I fancy adult entertainment. I'm thinking a mix of the dancers from water for elephants and uh, totally blanking on the name of the movie now... It's a sci fi... It'll come to me
random tumblings from an erratic creator whose head is in the clouds of fantasy and imagination trying to decide which direction is south for the winter.

they-go
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:34 am

Laine is a ribbon aerialist/acrobat in the day and for the night show her act is a ribbon strip tease.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:40 pm

they-go, we have the following acts/positions filled.

Ribbon aerialist/acrobat/mistress of acrobats
Strongman
Hover bike rider
Tattooed Man
A fortune teller
Animal Handler
Security robot
And a critter

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Mmk. And any established aliens?' or rules/requirements for aliens?

they-go
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:09 pm

The answer is no to both, kinda sand boxing the whole thing. Feel free to let those creative juices flow.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:20 pm

I've got exams on Monday/Tuesday folks so I won't be posting until after then. I'll have Atticus be out adding another tattoo to his collection somewhere in the slum outside the circus until the show is ready to start...

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:22 pm

Good luck on your exam Northern! :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:51 am

Finally got a post up friends and let me say its a pleasure to be writing with you all! I was a bit late on my post so please excuse the wall of post. Its a bit longer because i actually wanted to make each person involved with Cooper atm be recongized by my character, so theres a tad bit of something for nearly everyone there (though she only speaks to cooper)

It is Melane, I realized I shoulda just kept her name instead of typing "The Woman" all the time haha, but eh, was orginally planning for her to introduce herself as a personality quirk (constantly reintroducing herself haha) but changed my mind part way and didn't want to rewrite it all.

Um... so any comments on it would be great, thanks all~

-Tig

Tigeress
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:06 am

Lovely post Tigeress. Glad you joined us. :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:24 pm

It was a great post Tigeress, well done.

Now for the show. Who wants to go after Laine?

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:16 am

I hope no one minds if I create a bit of conflict, but I wrote up a post (have not posted yet) hinting at the gang Kayne is associated with working with the labor Union in the Hives. I had a character who would have been involved with the dealings between traveling circus and The Hives which gives the post a bit of a conspiracy theory.

I don't want to go too far into creating "needless" drama but I do feel some bit of conflict would liven up the story a bit, more so in the sense that the circus is getting dragged into local politics that are getting slightly out of hand.

Yays or Nays to this? Need more details? Pm me :)

Tigeress
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Well this is a kinda sandbox game, more drama! lol

I'm good for it, if you want to throw me a PM with more details.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!