Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dragon Emblem

Collaborative Discussions

a part of “Dragon Emblem”, a fictional universe by Sonata.

This game is inspired by The Legend of Dragoon. If you like medieval fantasy, dragons, war, action, and romance. If you like character development and good storyline, then read inside. This is your game.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dragon Emblem”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Collaborative Discussions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:48 pm

In this thread, approved players can discuss relationships between their characters: how they know each other, what one thinks of the other, etc.
ImageI am an American Soldier.

The Maker of Epic Role Plays
The Chef Ramsay of RP

Role Play Consultant -If you need help with anything role play-related or concerning your writing ability, drop me a line.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sonata
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Collaborative Discussions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby showers in april on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:58 pm

thread virginity takennnnnnnnn.

on a side note...
WHERE ARE YOU MY FELLOW LIAN REPRESENTATIVES :D
Doubt thou the stars are fire
Doubt that the sun doth move
Doubt truth to be a liar
But never doubt I love

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

showers in april
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yorda on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Oooo! I'm here! Sory, my net is messed up but I still wanna join the collaboration!
()_()
(o.O)
(> <)
This is bunny. Copy him to your signature and help him on his way to world domination.

Yorda
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby showers in april on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:03 pm

yordaaaa my loveeee :D
how are you?
i like your shy character!
you'll probably be the only shy one,
so that makes it interesting haha.

we should plot togethasss :)

showers in april
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:13 pm

Howdy!

Sorry, I had a night class tonight so I didn't get back until just a minute ago.

By the by, since we're approved should we make an official character profile now? It would make things easy on us to do so rather than sifting through the OOC. What do you think Sonata?
Kumori Ryuu

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby showers in april on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:40 pm

hey kumori!!!
join the plotting party :3
the plotting party of two because yorda's offline now...
:(

and official charrie profile?
the one in the rp charrie tab thing right?
yeah go ahead and post it in there; sonata
announced it in the other ooc thread.

showers in april
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:26 am

Okay then.

But nobody told me there was a party...

Sheesh, I'm always the last one to find out about these things. You crazy kids and your parties.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby showers in april on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:33 am

it's a secret party.
if you had known before hand, it wouldn't have
been a very good secret.
i'm sure you understand the circumstances
and the importance of keeping it
on the DL........

ahaha. but annnyyywaays.
any ideas floating around in your mind
for background plots?
childhood friends -- or maybe rivals haha.
the annoying next door neighbor xD

showers in april
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yorda on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:01 am

Sorry i couldn't post anymore, My net is being really, really touchy and doesn't want to work. ^-^ but yay! Both of you are here! Now we can talk about stuff! and things! Friends sounds good, and Kumori and I spoke about working with each other at the apothecary sense she would be good at growing the herbs an stuff.

Yorda
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yorda on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:19 am

oooh, an Showers ,Thank you! I like what I read of your chara too!

Yorda
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:02 am

It seems so far that Shyan is the oldest and only male that can claim to be from Lian. I have only one possible connection that I can see obviously.

Firstly with Linde, her father was a blacksmith and Shyan was apprenticed to a blacksmith there can be some connection there. Doesn't have to be the same blacksmith though.
A little bit of trivia, Shyan arrived roughly ten years ago as a rebellious teenager. His younger sisters are a year and two years younger then him respectively. Also he brother died while in the village so people may have heard about that. Just in case that helps.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Templar, if you want Shyan to have known Linde's father than that is fine by me. I'm all for pushing the bar about how well characters know each other since most RP's I've been in have had the characters as complete strangers.

Yorda and my characters will be friends since Linde works with herbology and Yorda's character runs the Apothecary. (I'm going to edit that into my profile later today by the by just so it's definite)

If there are any other possible connections between characters that seem relevant or obvious then feel free to lay them on the table. I think having a friendly rivalry between characters like Showers in April said is a good idea and it also presents the opportunity for some drama later on when things become tense and tempers are likely to flare. So yeah, how about a friendly rivalry Showers? I think it would do Linde some good to have a rival who can push and challenge her from time to time.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby showers in april on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:24 pm

yorda ::
since your charries' dad
was an apothecary,
aleiva and nimuae can know each other
by nimuae's past visits when she was younger.
aleiva's dad could've been the one to diagnose nimuae
and announce that there was no cure and that
he couldn't find a plausible reason for her sudden condition.
while adjusted to her new blindness,
she could've also gone for weekly visits and checkups for a year or two.

kumori ::
yeshi let our characters be rivals then!
maybe they used to train together.
i like the idea of living next door or
across the pathway from each other.
maybe they could be competitive in everything they did
that involved one another, from serious things like sparring
to stupid things like who could make the most kids cry
in a minute
or the cinnamon challenge haha.

templar ::
since nimuae does a lot of errands and is rivals with
linde, maybe she met shay through those connections.
some villagers could've asked her to fetch
their fixed metalware from the blacksmith,
or maybe she busted into the shop looking for linde when
they were younger.
she could've also requested him to make
metal arrowheads for her plenty of times.

showers in april
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Lian is a village, and so everyone will either know or have heard of everyone else or seen them. They can also recognize strangers when they arrive. The Smithy will be the only smithy in the town so unless characters never had to go to the smithy in their lives would be the only way they wouldn't know who works there. The apothecary will be the only apothecary in the village also.

I have the description for Lian, but I was waiting until my friend had his Luxo profile to post it up. I need to tweak it as well as finish Daerio's profile with his background.

Sonata
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Alrighty then April, I like the idea of living across the way. That'll make things easy for us, especially keeping the facts straight so we don't accidentally contradict each other.

So here's my question for those of us who have been accepted so far: Is anyone interested in romance between characters or do most of us think that would just distract from the story too much?

Personally I always enjoy watching a romance bud and bloom, so long as it's done right. I have designed Linde to appear like she doesn't care about romance, but as a human being who is susceptible to such feelings she could in fact be swayed from that disguise if the right person came along.

So anyway I'd like to know what you all think about that one. So long as it's done right a romance or two wouldn't distract from the story very much, but instead add to the drama as we move along.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yorda on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Showers
You're plan sounds fine to me. ^-^ Nimuae and Aleiva could have easily become friends that way, especially if Aleiva was helping out at the apothecary when she was younger.

Templar
Most characters would have probably needed to come into the apothecary at one point of another for something, and as Sonata said it's a small place and they would all know each other at lease Vaguely. The only Direct connection I can think of between Shyan and Aleiva is through Linde sense Shyan knows her and her father, and Linde works at the apothecary. Is that okay?

Kumori
I don't often do romantic things and my character is shy, but she could be -slowly- brought around to the right person. It seems like it would be fun as long as the romance doesn't become the total focus.

Yorda
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby showers in april on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:03 pm

kumori ::
aiiight cool.
a little friendly rivalry will be fun :3

i like romance, too; it's amusing.
i was thinking someone should do a love triangle
for some drammaahh.
and since we've got so many females,
i thought it'd add an interesting twist
if it was like, a guy and a girl interested the same girl.
O.O intensity...lol.

yorda ::
sweet!
they probably got closer cause aleiva
was the only one nimuae felt she could
talk to during that time.
Last edited by showers in april on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

showers in april
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:07 pm

For romance, if there's chemistry between two characters or it just happens, then it does. I don't make plans for who will fall in love with who. I prefer it to be a natural thing.

Sonata
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yorda on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Yea I tend to be like Sonata when it comes to romance. I like to let it happen naturally in rp if it's gonna happen rather than plan stuff out. Then again, unless I'm the GM, I don't like to plan anything out more than is necessary. Part of the fun for me is letting things develop around character interactions and the situations they are placed in. ^-^

Yorda
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Alrighty then! Input received!

As usual my curiosity forces me to ask about such things.

Here's one specifically for Sonata: How often can our characters expect to be auto hit and injured?

Reason behind this question is that I've been in an RP before where the GM's reserved the right to auto hit our characters by other creatures and monsters in the RP as part of the story. Somebody got auto hit and threw a shit fit about it and got booted out so I was wondering if auto hitting by other creatures and NPC's are going to happen and if so, how often can we expect it?

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!